Star Wars: Equilibrium (Interest Check, See Inside for Details!)

mr_pibbs

The One True Pibbles
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per week
  3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
EDIT: WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING JEDI/SITH CHARACTERS AT THIS TIME. WE HAVE REACHED OUR MAXIMUM OF TWO ACTIVE JEDI/SITH (for now).

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

star_wars_logo_PNG3.png

FINALE: EQUILIBRIUM

Since the dawn of time, the presence of the Force has destined the lives of all within the Galaxy. Through it, the people of the Galaxy came together in ancient times and learned how to accomplish many things once thought impossible to achieve, both technologically with the invention of hyperspace travel, and physically as those who were Force Sensitive learned how to tap into the power of the mystical energy and wield it. From this group were born the first Order of the Jedi, and from them, the Sith. These two groups, each with their own idealogies and approaches to the Force, became mortal enemies, determined to wipe each other off the face of the Galaxy at any means necessary.

For the next sixteen thousand years after their inception, the Jedi and Sith waged war against one another. Sometimes the Jedi would win, other times, the Sith, but in the aftermath of each conflict, the people of the Galaxy lost. Planets became inhospitable due to corruption from the Dark Side of the Force, either refined in weapon-form or simply through the gradual exposure to the Sith who resided there, but the Sith would counter-act this by needlessly slaughtering each other in pursuit of power and higher status among their empire. Entire governments fell to the Jedi when they were discovered to be allied with the Sith, but the fear of Dark Side wielders being in power and meddling in galactic politics would ultimately be the undoing of the Jedi Order. Even in times of relative peace, when either the Jedi or the Sith had emerged from the battlefield, victorious, the looming presence of conflict as a result of personal attunement with either side of the Force was always there.

Where Republic's perished, Empire's were forged from the ashes. Where a Jedi Master was struck down, two more would take his place. Where one might find complete balance between the Light and Dark Sides of the Force, another would pursue only the furthest extremes of either side.

Where there was the Force; there was war and bloodshed.

Through it all, the Galaxy survived, recovering and returning stronger than ever after every conflict that arose between the Force Users. Though many sought to take action and ensure that neither side managed to engage one another ever again, as it was theorized that the Jedi and Sith would eventually destroy the Galaxy alongside one another, their attempts ultimately failed since neither the Jedi nor the Sith could really be destroyed. After all; a person is mortal, but and idea is eternal. But during the final conflict between the First Order and the Resistance, something occured that no one could have predicted;

Balance in the Force had been achieved; The Jedi and the Sith were finally dead.

Although the details have never truly been revealed, it is said that during their final confrontation, the Last Jedi and Supreme Leader Snoke (though technically not a Sith, historically is viewed as the last of the Dark-Side wielders, otherwise labelled as such), met their end under mysterious circumstances. Though the Galaxy was saved from the threat of the First Order, the news of the fate of the Force Users brought forth mixed reception throughout the Galaxy. Some relished in the thought that no longer would they have to fear those who brandished Lightsabers, while others mourned for the loss of their supposed protectors and allies.

As the Galaxy does after a period of war, the people moved on and the Galaxy as a whole changed. For the next two hundred and thirty years, there were no signs of Force Users of any kind. Although many Force Sensitives were definitely born during this time, none could be trained in the ways of the Jedi or the Sith, as much of the history and physical remnants surrounding either group had either been collected by those who sought interest in them (such as the Hutts, who collected Jedi and Sith artifacts for their already vast collections), or were destroyed by governments either trying to forget the past or to prevent any possible Jedi/Sith pupils from emerging (such as the Raising of Malachor, during which the Imperial Legion bombed the planet's surface to destroy every remnant of the Sith society that once resided there).

But now, in the year 300 ABY, rumors have emerged that across the galaxy, a group of Force-Sensitive terrorists known as "The Tribunal of Korriban" have begun a crusade in pursuit of the remaining Jedi and Sith artifacts, ransacking any settlements and leaving dead planets behind in their wake. Although much of this is speculation brought to the new highest government system, the United Federation of Galactic Peacekeeping, by farmers and spice miners, the President of the Federation has taken the possible threat seriously and demanded action. However, the Federation's military resources are stretched thin thanks to the sudden invasion of the Yuuzhan Vong occurring off in the Uncharted Regions of space, a public cry for help has been extended to any who choose to accept it.

Guardians of Peace, Scum of the Universe, or those who fall somewhere in between; your task, should you choose to accept it, is to locate proof of the Tribunal's existence and, if possible, to eliminate them and the threat they pose to the Galaxy at large if they are to continue their supposedly destructive crusade.

Go now, and bring peace, unity, and security, to the Galaxy, for this may be our final hour...

logo__with_glow__by_herbomanic12-dbvnvn4.png

-------​

Phew! Quite a mouthful, huh?

Alright so for those who got super intimidated by the opening text-crawl, don't worry; I've got you covered!

Tldr; It's 300 years after the 1st Death Star blew up and the galaxy supposedly doesn't have Force Users anymore. Jedi, Sith, Knights of Ren, etc; they're all thought to be dead and most of their artifacts/relics/remnants of their existence have been stolen or destroyed. However, a terrorist group known as "the Tribunal of Korriban" have suddenly popped up and from the rumors, they seem to be Dark Side Force users. While the main government is busy fighting off the invading Yuuzhan Vong armada in Uncharted Space, they've requested the help of the populace to seek out the Tribunal, if they exist, and stop them before they can get out of hand.

I'll keep the rest of this stuff pretty short!

So in this RP, we'll be taking up roles of the various inhabitants of the Star Wars universe; Smugglers, Bounty Hunters, Agents of the Federation, Droids, etc. And yes, Jedi/Sith as well, but for the sake of keeping up with them being 'supposedly dead', I'm putting a limit on Jedi/Sith characters at 2 Characters Per Group (2 Jedi, 2 Sith), and a player is only allowed 1 Force Sensitive Character (this applies to everyone. If you choose, your character is allowed to be Force Sensitive with the intention of becoming a Jedi/Sith down the line, but that means you can't pick up one of the current Jedi/Sith roles so as to be fair, unless this RP grows).

As for how we'll all be working together, I have it in mind that we'll start off on the same planet/location and there's something our characters have to overcome in order to get out. I haven't figured just what that scenario will be exactly, but if you have possible ideas, feel free to throw them my way!

Quick side-note - since this has been a problem in previous Star Wars RP's I've run here, I'm going to make this blatantly clear; UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCE WILL YOU BE ALLOWED YOUR OWN SHIP. ALL OF OUR CHARACTERS ARE TRAVELLING TOGETHER, IN ONE SHIP, AS ONE CREW. PLEASE DON'T ASK ME FOR A PERSONAL SHIP, I'M NOT CHANGING MY MIND ABOUT THIS.

I'll probably be looking for about 4-5 players to run with this plot to begin with, and each of you will have the option to play up-to 2 Characters if you desire (making the final character roster somewhere between 5-9 if we all decide to play two characters). If you have questions/comments/ideas for pre-existing characters from other SW RP's you'd like to cross over, feel free to comment below or shoot me a PM.

Also, if you're up for the challenge, I wouldn't mind a Co-GM or two to help me out with planning everything out. I've got the baseline story done, but I would appreciate more input and possibly even alterations that would make the plot even better than it already was.

Anyways, post below if you're interested and let me know what kind of a character you'd like to play! I'll be taking the role of a Human Smuggler who spends his spare-time (when he's not being hunted by the people who's deals he's soured) seeking out historical artifacts/doing archeology for fun.

Last edited:
Tentatively interested! As to character concept, I'm thinking a Trandosian priest of the Scorekeeper whose history is fashioned after Shepherd Book's from Firefly.

Tentatively interested! As to character concept, I'm thinking a Trandosian priest of the Scorekeeper whose history is fashioned after Shepherd Book's from Firefly.

Alright perfect! Did you have any suggestions for how we should all meet up or do you think you'd want to wait and see where things go?

Alright perfect! Did you have any suggestions for how we should all meet up or do you think you'd want to wait and see where things go?
It seems like this would be arranged by someone in the government. Either you could start with everyone meeting together or a little before then, with the message coming to each PC and having a time jump after to bring everyone together.

It seems like this would be arranged by someone in the government. Either you could start with everyone meeting together or a little before then, with the message coming to each PC and having a time jump after to bring everyone together.

Hmm, could do. I was thinking of having everyone write how they heard about the message in a sample post within their sheet (basically a prelude to their introduction when the IC starts).

Reactions: Red Thunder
Yeah sure something like IG-88 I suppose

I gotcha! That could be pretty interesting, definitely a fun addition to the team.

We'll probably start the OoC when we have about 2-3 more players (currently it looks like we have four, two who've posted here, one who messaged me privately, and one who's tentatively interested)

Heyo. I saw people getting active in this and finally decided to check it out.

Heyo. I saw people getting active in this and finally decided to check it out.

Sounds good! Got a character to claim?

Human bounty hunter.

Did you have any ideas outside of that or are you still working on the character? I mean, like, does he have some kind of force that drives him or is he just doing it for the money (you know, a brief character idea).

Just asking since it's easier to discuss it here while we wait for more people to sign on.

Or alternatively, if any of you have questions (@The Wanderer, @Red Thunder, @Jack Robinson, @Derp), feel free to ask me about the RP! Better to do that now before the OoC goes up, that way I can help paint a better image of what I'm/your expecting from this plot!

I'm very interested in this idea. I would love to play an exiled Dathomir Witch slicer (hacker).

I'm very interested in this idea. I would love to play an exiled Dathomir Witch slicer (hacker).

Alright, sounds good! Would she have any connection to the Force (formal or not), or would her connection to it have been severed after she was exiled?

Alright, sounds good! Would she have any connection to the Force (formal or not), or would her connection to it have been severed after she was exiled?

She has a natural bloodline connection to the force. So she would be force sensitive, but with no training like others of her home world. The connection is there, she just has no idea how to use it or harness it at all.

She has a natural bloodline connection to the force. So she would be force sensitive, but with no training like others of her home world. The connection is there, she just has no idea how to use it or harness it at all.

Gotcha, I knew the Nightsisters were attuned to the Force from birth, just didn't know how you wanted to have her go.

So right now it looks like we've got a few Force Sensitives, but no Jedi/Sith in hiding. I'm surprised, that doesn't usually happen with these sorts of RPs xD

So right now it looks like we've got a few Force Sensitives, but no Jedi/Sith in hiding. I'm surprised, that doesn't usually happen with these sorts of RPs xD
I'm relieved, tbh. They usually end up very OP and not much fun to RP with, unless everyone is a Jedi/Sith. It has to be handled well.

I'm relieved, tbh. They usually end up very OP and not much fun to RP with, unless everyone is a Jedi/Sith. It has to be handled well.

Amen to that, especially since how I've planned the Tribunal to be in accordance with the plot (won't spoil it, but let's just say a Jedi/Sith on our side wouldn't be that great of an advantage even if they we had one).