Star Wars: Episode VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, the article isn't entirely accurate because preliminary shooting commenced late last year in Ireland at the very location of the final scene in The Force Awakens. But I think this is the first of the substantial bulk of filming.

Oh, what I meant was, no real sources, but I use casting call websites to find out what's going on where, etc. for films (as I am a huge film nerd), and both Star Wars movies are being listed as being filmed primarily out of Pinewood London.

Disney is using some in house talent for Rogue One. The Screenwriter for Rogue one is also doing the Screenwriting for the last part of this season, and next season's Rebels cartoon. Their is rumored to be a tie in coming. Princess Leia has been shown in the trailer for the episode in which the same screenwriter is taking part in. (I think. If I remember the press release of the top of my head)
Just recently, a well-trusted Star Wars news website posted rumors that the third season of Rebels will be featuring an EU character. A certain Admiral of the Empire, well-known for brilliance in Naval Warfare who will be facing off against the crew of the Ghost and very likely besting them.

A certain blue-skinned Admiral.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Just recently, a well-trusted Star Wars news website posted rumors that the third season of Rebels will be featuring an EU character. A certain Admiral of the Empire, well-known for brilliance in Naval Warfare who will be facing off against the crew of the Ghost and very likely besting them.

A certain blue-skinned Admiral.

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I would totally watch Rebels for nothing more than to see this happen! >:3

Rebels, and the CW series, are pretty damn good writing and action wise, at least compared to what I had expected. Rebels artstyle is a bit jarring though. ANd as I said in other SW threads. They are going to introduce more and more EU into the official Canon.

Rebels, and the CW series, are pretty damn good writing and action wise, at least compared to what I had expected. Rebels artstyle is a bit jarring though. ANd as I said in other SW threads. They are going to introduce more and more EU into the official Canon.
Well I've already heard good things on the CW.
But my Impression on Rebels was always that it was a bit more... child focused?

That's just impressions I've gotten from others though mind you, I could easily be dead wrong here.

Rebel is certeinly more kidfriendly. But so was CW at the start but by the end of it Ashoka was cutting heads off...

Rebels Season 2 is allready growing darker. Will you see bloodshed and grimderp and super socialconcius commetary? No. Will you have fun watching a show filled with with swordfights, murder and expanding the Canon between Prologue and Orginal trilogy. Kannan, the Jedi, has a exellent miniseries comic as well.

Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
So basically Rebels is more just a for fun combat series with some lore explanation?

So basically Rebels is more just a for fun combat series with some lore explanation?
So far. Its fairly allright in the writing the department. But yes, its a kidfriendly action series. Much like the movies.

Much like the movies.
This just reminded how much my expectations have been warped over the years from extended universe...
Forgot for a moment that the movies are all aimed at a Child Audience.

This just reminded how much my expectations have been warped over the years from extended universe...
Forgot for a moment that the movies are all aimed at a Child Audience.
They aren't AIMED at kids. They are aimed at YOung to older-teen I'd say. But they are made to be generally child friendly. Lasers don't leave blood and gore and all that.

They aren't AIMED at kids. They are aimed at YOung to older-teen I'd say. But they are made to be generally child friendly. Lasers don't leave blood and gore and all that.
To be fair there's only one instance of lasers ever drawing blood in Star Wars.

4-Ponda-Bobas-Arm.gif

Well... Two if you count Episode 7.

maxresdefault.jpg

I have to say, the Clone Wars cartoon was everything the actual prequel trilogy should have been. The fact it was cancelled before so many story arcs were concluded was the worst thing ever. I do want to watch Rebels, hopefully it finds its way to Netflix.

I'm actually pretty glad that they deep sixed the EU the way they did because even reading any of it on the Wiki page just came across as largely bad fan fiction where I had to wonder who much of it was actually something Lucas had any input or care into. While there's some diamonds in the rough, it's much nicer they decided to make new movies and stories without trying to retread the billions of side projects of various quality and worth to try and try to turn that into a movie, which would probably do little more than pissing off the neckbeards who want to see their Mara Jades and Galaxy Guns and six billion emperor Palpatine clones done exactly how they expect it to be and coming up angry because the film makers "don't get it".

The fact Disney did a clever thing and turned the EU into a "Legends" thing and are willing to draw from it is actually pretty awesome. It means the actual quality EU stuff could reemerge at some point.

I have to say, the Clone Wars cartoon was everything the actual prequel trilogy should have been. The fact it was cancelled before so many story arcs were concluded was the worst thing ever. I do want to watch Rebels, hopefully it finds its way to Netflix.

I'm actually pretty glad that they deep sixed the EU the way they did because even reading any of it on the Wiki page just came across as largely bad fan fiction where I had to wonder who much of it was actually something Lucas had any input or care into. While there's some diamonds in the rough, it's much nicer they decided to make new movies and stories without trying to retread the billions of side projects of various quality and worth to try and try to turn that into a movie, which would probably do little more than pissing off the neckbeards who want to see their Mara Jades and Galaxy Guns and six billion emperor Palpatine clones done exactly how they expect it to be and coming up angry because the film makers "don't get it".

The fact Disney did a clever thing and turned the EU into a "Legends" thing and are willing to draw from it is actually pretty awesome. It means the actual quality EU stuff could reemerge at some point.
EU was a massive mixed bag. I really dug the Post-Jacen stories a whole ton. It centralized SW theme about legacies while trimming down the skywalker focus. Darth Krayt and his Sith Empire were boss as fuck as well. Meanwhile. I hated a lot of the Twins of Destiny shit. Jacen was terrible :(.

Those were some of the main reason I am glad that Disney made the EU obsolete. Some was just terrible, useless, crap. While some was good. Now, they pick and choose things from the EU as well as pull some plot ideas.

Rebels is getting good. It also appearing that they are getting closer to setting up something relating to the movies. With the cameos and such.

The longer the show runs, the closer and closer they get to the New Hope timeline. And hopefully, as long as Disney isn't gonna fuck with us, Ashoka in live action.

Bad parts of the EU I dropped quickly.

But these were the parts I fell in love with (even if kid me had a limited patience with books... which was arguably higher than it is now oddly enough).
  • The Old Republic Era, mainly the Mandalorian and Jedi Civil Wars.
  • Admiral Thrawn
  • Jacen and Jaina Solo
  • Luke Skywalkers method of being Jedi Grandmaster. The changes he did to Jedi Practices makes so much more sense.
  • Darth Bane and the Rule of Two. I find the rule functionally idiotic, but I like the lore around it and what pushed the Sith to the point of implementing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.