Star Wars: Coming Of The One Unified(OOC)

It is up to the GM to include characters, or at least provide a basis for where the RP would be taking place in the sign-ups, etc. There was nothing like that, so I created a character that would be with the Jedi Council, under the assumption the Jedi would be involved.

Based on the information for my character, it makes no sense for her to be on Tattoine, nor Korriban.

She would need to be dispatched by the Council and Jensaarai. Or even just the Jensaarai in certain circumstances.

Well, considering my Character is with the Jedi, and probably a non voting member of the Council due to her position, That would bring me into the fold.
The Mynock can swing by the Temple or some other closer Jedi stronghold, advise them of the situation, and your Jedi can volunteer to investigate personally.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
In every RP I've ever been in it was up to the players to find a creative way to interject their characters into the current scenario. The GM guides the plot, it's up to you to get your characters rolling with it, like Thunder and Treasure. Make up a plausible reason for them to be out there, it really can't be that difficult. I could give you a million reasons why Jhiti could be on Tatooine. She could have been tasked to oversee both Dass and Mynock's mission from afar as they infiltrated the Hutt's, or she could be passing by the Tatooine system on her way back to Coruscant from another mission and happen to pick up on Mynock's or Dass' transmission and decided to investigate...be creative guys.

We'll have to agree to disagree on the role of a GM, then.

I do wish all of you the very best in your role play. You don't mind if I check in to keep track of the story now-and-then, I hope.

Jhiti is effectively the liaison for the Jensaarai, to the Jedi. She stays with the council unless their are extenuating circumstances for either the Jensaarai or Jedi to send her there. Since their is no war at the moment, she has no reason to be anywhere but wherever the Jedi council is to sit in on meetings and do her duty.

Being creative is one thing. Being creative and completely disregarding all sensibilities is a different thing.

It is the GM's job to create a setting and have characters be approved in a way that causes them to correlate. The setting was never really created. The whole of the Star Wars Universe was to broad, so we all created completely different characters with no idea of how they were supposed to fit into the setting.

Their was a reason why I said in the interest check, I would be interested when more details are fleshed out.

So it is the GM's job to facilitate an RP in a way that all the participants know the setting to a point where they can all create a character and interject them in the RP. As I said before, the Setting wasn't fleshed out, so when I designed my character, she was given a specific role. If the GM isn't going to mold the RP and the Characters participating to a setting that matches the plot, then when you have a large variety of characters, the GM has to find a way to encompass all the characters somehow.

That is my experience with quality RP and Quality GMs.

Appears as though I'm not the only one with this sentiment.

Jhiti is effectively the liaison for the Jensaarai, to the Jedi. She stays with the council unless their are extenuating circumstances for either the Jensaarai or Jedi to send her there. Since their is no war at the moment, she has no reason to be anywhere but wherever the Jedi council is to sit in on meetings and do her duty.

Being creative is one thing. Being creative and completely disregarding all sensibilities is a different thing.

It is the GM's job to create a setting and have characters be approved in a way that causes them to correlate. The setting was never really created. The whole of the Star Wars Universe was to broad, so we all created completely different characters with no idea of how they were supposed to fit into the setting.

Their was a reason why I said in the interest check, I would be interested when more details are fleshed out.

So it is the GM's job to facilitate an RP in a way that all the participants know the setting to a point where they can all create a character and interject them in the RP. As I said before, the Setting wasn't fleshed out, so when I designed my character, she was given a specific role. If the GM isn't going to mold the RP and the Characters participating to a setting that matches the plot, then when you have a large variety of characters, the GM has to find a way to encompass all the characters somehow.

The setting was fleshed out. In the intro, I gave you the why, when and where. As I said before, in my experience it is the player's job to integrate their characters into the setting of the first IC post. Clearly others had no problem with this task, I don't know why it is such a problem for you. In my opinion your being far to rigid with your character's perimeters. So if you don't think that this isn't a so called quality RP, than perhaps this isn't the story for you.

Perhaps it isn't then. Oh well. Good luck with your RP.

Well, Nayr did just relay some footage of the fight between the unified and sith to the Jedi council. So you could make something of that. Maybe she could have accompanied the Advent forces under the Nayr's command chosen by the Jedi council themselves to oversee the operations A.K.A. mission control.

Reactions: Chris_Reaper
Well it looks like it may just be the three of us, but I'm fine with that. Would you guys wanna introduce any secondary characters?

Well it looks like it may just be the three of us, but I'm fine with that. Would you guys wanna introduce any secondary characters?
I'm good for now. We'll see how the plot develops.

I'm probably going to just go head and make Daas a full fledged secondary than. I'll have a character profile up for him soon.

Name: Kayto Dass
Species: Human
Height: 6'0
Physical Appearance:Daas Armor.jpgDaas Face.jpg
Personality: An analytical thinker, Kayto tends to be an optimist, content with giving people the benefit of the doubt. He is prone to humorous commentary and due to his Mandolorian heritage, favors honor above all else. Generally personable and well rounded, Kayto tends to make friends wherever he goes.
Faction: Neo Republic/Mandolorians
N/A
Weapon(s): Two Vibro Swords, Plasma Rifle, Standard Blaster, Wrist Mounted Flame Throwers, Contingent Of Thermal Detonators/Sonic Grenades etc...
Planet Of Origin: Mandalore
Force Alignment
: N/A
Bio:
Kayto Dass was born the son of the seventh dynasty prime chieftain, Carthan Dass, and former Manda-Lorr. As the son of the Manda-Lorr, Kayto was naturally brought up in the ways of his warrior culture to the excellence of a Mandalorian soldier. However as he grew slightly older, Kayto grew disillusioned with the constant state of warfare from his people and at the age of sixteen, decided to hop a Neo Republic freighter to what he thought would be greener pastures. Begrudgingly, his father was content to let his son make his own choices and tentatively gave his blessing for Kayto to find and make his own path in the galaxy. After some wandering, Kayto linked up with the underground Smuggler's Guild and found he had a natural flare for the exciting and often unpredictablity of the job. When he was in his early twenties, he met and fell in love with a Togrutan girl named Shanddazal T'aal. He and Shanddazal wed and had a child, a daughter they named Charlize. However settling down with a family was simply not Kayto's cup of tea and he continued to indulge in the dangerous lifestyle of a smuggler. This eventually became to much for Shanddazal, and after years of begging Kayto to give up the lifestyle, she left, taking Charlize with her. Kayto was saddened at the loss of his family but just couldn't give up the smuggler's life, therefore alienating him further from his estranged wife and daughter.

Kayto's biggest blow, however was when news of his father's assassination reached him. Carthan was killed by a rival chieftain on Mandalore and the murderer installed himself as the new Manda-Lorr. Seeking vengeance, Kayto employed all his skills as a smuggler and tactician to engineer an ambush against Taylin Nebulis, the rival chieftian who had killed his father. Having successfully slain his father's killer and restoring honor to his family, Kayto was offered the position of the new Manda-Lorr, yet he declined. What Kayto did instead was once again fully immerse himself in the Mandolorian warrior culture, devoting many years to honing his skills as a fighter. Once again leaving Mandalore to seek his fortunes, Kayto stumbled upon the super secretive Bothan SpyNet. Through his clandestine connections within the Smuggler's Guild, he applied for sanction to join the SpyNet. After a rigorous induction process, Kayto proved his worth as an infiltration operative and was admitted in. Through various entry tier assignments, he was introduced into the criminal cartels of the notorious crime lords known as the Hutts. For the past three years he has been working undercover for the Neo Republic as a trusted enforcer and lieutenant to Sarthis the Hutt.

So are we dead?

No, that's on me. Been busy the last while. My bad! I'll see about getting a post up in the next day or two.

Reactions: Nomad-22
@Chris_Reaper Hey boss, how would I go about the next post? Cause Nayr and the unified are still locked in battle. I don't want to do anything you wouldnt with your character. Should I just fast forward to a stalemate and give chase to the sith?

@Chris_Reaper Hey boss, how would I go about the next post? Cause Nayr and the unified are still locked in battle. I don't want to do anything you wouldnt with your character. Should I just fast forward to a stalemate and give chase to the sith?

I honestly thought this thing had died, lol. Well since the charges in the arena have already detonated, the debris and chaos could have Nayr and The Unified separated whilst in combat. The Unified could have intentionally disappeared in the confusion and Nayr sensing that there was little point in continuing to search for the creature, decides to chase after Tragedis using the beacon.