Star Wars, anyone?

What Ship should we fly around in?

• XS Stock Light Freighter (TOR Ship)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamic-Class Freighter (Ebon Hawk)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Firespray-31-Class Patrol And Attack Craft (Slave 1)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wayfarer-Class Medium Transport

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Barloz Class Medium Freighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the Captain/Crew actually be employed as?

If we go with the idea of finding the good guy cast aboard the station, it'll be either my character who captains or, depending on what we decide, one of our characters could be the owner of the ship.

If he is a smuggler or something of that sort, he'll want something that can handle decent cargo so the Firespray is not optimal because it can't carry cargo worth crap. If we are going for more of the hostile Merc work then the Wayfarer or the Firespray would be great.

Technically speaking he would be a smuggler as his cover, but he's a secret Jedi who's had previous Sith training, so he'd probably want a faster ship that could elude potential "unwanted attention".

that pretty much covers it.

Technically speaking he would be a smuggler as his cover, but he's a secret Jedi who's had previous Sith training, so he'd probably want a faster ship that could elude potential "unwanted attention".
There is a fast ship, there is a maneuverable ship and there is inconspicuous ship. Firespray is not inconspicuous. They are noticeable and are more known for their patrolling firepower than speed.

There is a fast ship, there is a maneuverable ship and there is inconspicuous ship. Firespray is not inconspicuous. They are noticeable and are more known for their patrolling firepower than speed.
To quote the Starwars RPG guide, The Firespray is a gargauntuan transport (size wise) however in combat it is treated as a Medium Starfighter, to put that in perspective, it is just as agile as the jedi starfighter mk 2 (the ones anikin and obi-one pilot in episode 3)

It has literally only needs one crew member, the pilot. It can hold only about 6 people, 4 of the quarters being designed to be prison cells and there is, again, about no way to have decent privacy on it.

The firespray is a well known Mando ship and anyone who is flying one is someone who is expecting a whole heap of trouble. They are not designed to hold any sort of cargo that a smuggler is expected to haul since a Smuggler wants a big cargo hold so he can get the most for his credits. Unless the cover is that of a Bounty Hunter or Mercenary, the Firespray is not gonna be something that a smuggler would go for.

It has literally only needs one crew member, the pilot. It can hold only about 6 people, 4 of the quarters being designed to be prison cells and there is, again, about no way to have decent privacy on it.

The firespray is a well known Mando ship and anyone who is flying one is someone who is expecting a whole heap of trouble. They are not designed to hold any sort of cargo that a smuggler is expected to haul since a Smuggler wants a big cargo hold so he can get the most for his credits. Unless the cover is that of a Bounty Hunter or Mercenary, the Firespray is not gonna be something that a smuggler would go for.
It can be modified. such as slave 1 was.
smugglers can haul big or small (ex force crystals, or spice.)
It can hold 6 to eight. again, quaters can be modified.

but if you are SO against the firespray I'll start drawing up another modified ship. since my char is built around being the pilot.

Well we have our ship choices so at this point, let's just do the voting and not make it more complicated by adding further additions. Unless you can name a ship to replace the Firespray's place.

Give me time, I'm on holiday right now. so any and all responses will be done on the fly.

Alright, do what you need to.

It isn't that I am against the Firespray as a ship or if it isn't effective. But it doesn't change the fact that there are ships far better suited and offer far more options.

It isn't that I am against the Firespray as a ship or if it isn't effective. But it doesn't change the fact that there are ships far better suited and offer far more options.
As I said, if you're that adamant its a bad ship (70 tonnes of cargo space dude). Then I'll start work on something else. something with a god dam mac cannon.

Mac cannon?
Its a giant fuck off gun. Stands for Magnetic Acceleration Cannon. Yes, they exist in starwars. I only call it a Mac cannon because it sounds cooler. The deathstar had a few. there was a prototype Acclamation class cruiser that had one instead of a upper hanger bay.

Alright, I see. I'll do some research on it to make sure it's not OP.

Its a giant fuck off gun. Stands for Magnetic Acceleration Cannon. Yes, they exist in starwars. I only call it a Mac cannon because it sounds cooler. The deathstar had a few. there was a prototype Acclamation class cruiser that had one instead of a upper hanger bay.

So judging by the way you've described it, it's a big gun. Reasearch hasn't really shown me anything about the Star Wars version except some descriptions of how it works, so I'm just going to assume it's a pretty powerful weapon.

But what type of ship would this be attached to? I know there's mini ones based on my findings, but I'm curious as to how much firepower these things have and wether or not it makes regular turrets/cannons on the ship irrevelant?

If you"re still arguing about ships, I'm casting my vote in with the Dynamic-class Light freighter because of it's superior speed and manoeuvrability for a freighter or, If I may suggest a new one, a YU-410 Light freighter if you're looking for firepower, privacy and storage capacity. I have to agree that the firespray isn't optimal for a relatively large crew over an extended period of time.

About my character, am I free to create one by myself or do you have certain preferences you want me to incorporate into it?

Last edited by a moderator:
You're allowed to create a character on your own, but be advised that if you chose somebody like a Sith Lord or a major villain, then you'd have to consult with me so we can figure things out prior to the RP (that way we don't mix up the ideas or make the RP a bit jumbled)

Status
Not open for further replies.