Star Wars, anyone?

What Ship should we fly around in?

• XS Stock Light Freighter (TOR Ship)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dynamic-Class Freighter (Ebon Hawk)

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Firespray-31-Class Patrol And Attack Craft (Slave 1)

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Wayfarer-Class Medium Transport

Votes: 4 57.1%
  • Barloz Class Medium Freighter

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Arc beetle will be his name, He's going to be a argumentative little sod who, while a total ass-hole has at one point murdered 5 storm troopers with only a arc welder. and he shall be a brown R3 series.
Image of said droid;
latest

Huh. So would he be found aboard the station we begin at and he takes to us as 'master', or would he be owned already?

Well, I was assuming that since my character would likely be starting with the ship. (as pre-descussed) He'd be waiting on the ship for them to return. and probably have a go at MC for being late or something.

Alright, makes sense to a degree. I'm still working on the ship situation (honestly, I think it's just my past experiences with SW RP's that forced so much emphasis on this, sorry!) but I'll definitely make up my mind tomorrow.

But what kind of stuff does the R3 unit do? Aside from the typical Astromech stuff?

Alright, makes sense to a degree. I'm still working on the ship situation (honestly, I think it's just my past experiences with SW RP's that forced so much emphasis on this, sorry!) but I'll definitely make up my mind tomorrow.

But what kind of stuff does the R3 unit do? Aside from the typical Astromech stuff?
I'm in a starwars RP right now, and the ship you're seeing is MY ship. the astromech is the astromech from our medics flying hosptial. my astromech is a paranoid R1 series called glados.
anyway!

He does stuff like modify the ship, annoy people. try and fuck people over. generally be a little SOAB. the only reason my character keeps him round is that so far the ship hasn't fallen apart nor has it stopped flying.

All valid points. Again, I'm still trying to figure out the plot details and whatnot on-top of this, so it's more or less a consideration of what would work best for the plot I have in mind.

So the droid doesn't exactly follow orders and loves to screw over his masters?

Not quite, He'll do as MC asks, and if someone else asks him he'll probably do it, but if your in his way there's a 50/50 chance he'll taze you, and woe betide anyone who fucks up in sight of him. also. don't mess with his ship. no, really, DONT. its more a case of he's his own mech. You know like R2-D2? technically anikin owns him but not really? and he goes and does his own shit?

Yeah but R2 never really went out of his way to attack the people he worked with and he didn't have an attitude issue (except to Threepio, but that's just because it's Threepio). To an extent you could say running away to find Obi-Wan in Episode 4 was disobedient, but really he was following orders given to him by Princess Leia.

Yeah but R2 never really went out of his way to attack the people he worked with and he didn't have an attitude issue (except to Threepio, but that's just because it's Threepio). To an extent you could say running away to find Obi-Wan in Episode 4 was disobedient, but really he was following orders given to him by Princess Leia.
Go watch, the Clone wars series. He's more like that R2, if somewhat dickish. Its easier if I give you a example at some point

I have seen the Clone Wars, but R2 never struck me as being a jerk. Maybe I haven't seen the other episodes, but he just normally felt like his old self.

He tazed a few clones here and there. anyway we're arguing over semantics. Arc Beetle is basicly a R2 who's is also a asshole.

Fair enough. Guess I'll just have to see how it plays out.

For ships, I am very fond of the Wayfarer class transport and the Maka-Eekai and Barloz

Oh hey, ship suggestions xD

All three ships could be fun to play with. Not sure if the Maka-Eekai would be too big or us or not, but I'm perfectly fine with the other two.

Did we all want to vote on what ship we would prefer traveling around in? A T3, a Firespray, a Wayfarer, Barloz, or a Maka-Eekai (still researching the last one, so that's a hard maybe right now).

THere isn't a whole lot of Leg room in the Firespray. There are no private quarters either which is why I suggested the Maka Eekai. It is big for Cargo, plenty of private rooms and it looks like a giant flying brick. It's not pretty but plenty of personality.

The Wayfarer in the meantime is slightly smaller BUT, as you may see, it can actually house a couple of star fighters along with maybe half a dozen swoop bikes if you squeeze them in real tight.

That's true. I just feel like the Maka Eekai might not be the best suited for combat/escapes, as it's a freighter (typically they're a bit slower)

Oh. Did you forget about a certain ship? Not sure if you heard about it. Maybe you have though. It is called the Millennium Falcon. A YT-1300 Freighter

Also. In Space, it is absolute bullshit that a smaller vessel is faster. Bigger ship = Bigger Engines = Bigger Thrust

And a ship can ALWAYS be modified.

It would appear I did forget the Falcon was a freighter xD

I always think of freighters as big-hulking machines. But you're right: Space rules apply in space.

Guess for me it would be more cosmetic and use. If we have 4-5 people on-board, we don't need 35 rooms right? (I'm using this as an example, not saying that the ship in question has 35 rooms)

It does leave a lot of room for activities though and room for any future characters if more players are allowed in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.