Star Wars: Annihilation [Vash & DemonTongue]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The following day, Zenithar stood from his bed again. He was cleaned, strangely. New clothing again. Silky. Sexy. He liked it, they hugged his body in all the right areas. It was still dark out, but from the looks of it, this planet was in a state of eternal darkness. The only light that could pierce the veil was the lightning that raked across the sky from time to time...speaking or veils....

Zen followed the smell of food once more and found himself in the kitchen to see Sol'tsyri again, she once again lowered her veil before he could see it, and he quickly met the challenge she presented him. He focused the force into his eyes, making them glow slightly. He saw past the veil, seeing her angular features and eyes perfectly, like there was no veil there. "Why do you mask your face?" he said, standing in the doorway. "You are a beautiful woman with a beautiful face, why do you hide it?"

"Beauty means nothing to my enemies and it means less to me," she said without looking at him, "Don't bother with flattery here, Zenithar, it will get you nowhere. Tell me, did you come here to sulk or are you hungry?"

"I came with a thirst for knowledge. Tell me, which code is correct? The Jedi or the sith?" He spoke planely, unmoving from his position.

"Hmph," she hummed.

With several fluid movements she found a seat and took a bite of a light meal. She sat very still and silent. Considering.

"Is this a game?" she asked.

"It is a question, with two answers." he said boldly.

"Far more than two, I should think," she said, "But with only one correct answer. The Sith code."

"For a woman of such phenomenal power, it saddens me that you limit your knowledge and power so much." He crossed the room slowly, sitting down and getting comfortable. "You said that there are far more than two. To a woman with millions of possibilities at her disposal, I can see why you say it, but in the end, there is only one correct answer to my question as to which is the correct code: Neither."

"Hmm," she cooed. A small smile formed under her veil, "That's very cute, Zenithar."

"Cute?" He said, raising an eyebrow.

"Indeed. You are quite charming when you wish to be. However, we both know that is not true. As it is not true that my alignments limit my abilities or my possibilities. Many pupils of the Sith ways are blinded by their own ambitions. I could say the same for pupils of the Jedi Order. However, the Jedi restrict themselves the use of both sides of the Force and you... Rogues, are aimless. With no master and no guide and no code how can you ever hope to find your way through the mystery that is the Force?"

"I beg to differ, I am my own master and the force is my guide. I present that both codes are partially correct and incorrect. For example, the sith code states "Peace is a lie." This is true. peace will never exist. It is a fabrication of the mind used to pretend that something good will come out of war, like mathematics. However, it also states that there is only passion. That is also false. There is happiness, sorrow, rage, love, lust, kinship, loyalty, hatred. The jedi code states that there is no emotion, there is peace. Again, wrong. Emotions are the basis of all that make you, me, that servant cowering outside the door, and everything else, exist. Without emotions, there is nothing. Plus, again, no such thing as peace. It states there is no ignorace, but knowledge, but again, false. Ignorance lies in us all, as well as knowledge. Chaos reigns in every corner of the galaxy, as does harmony in some form. There is death. Katarr and Malachor V are tantamount to that."

He paused to snatch a piece of bacon off of the stove with the force and stick it in his mouth. "The sith code says that through strength I gain power, yet strength is not all that grants power. Kindship, love, teamwork, empires, grant more power than any single strength stat can grant. Through power you gain victory, victory doesn't exist. It, like peace, is a fabrication of the mind. However, both codes mention the force. The jedi: "There is only the force" and the sith: "The force shall free me." This is absolutely true. There -is- only the force. It flows through everything and everyone. Even the walls and the very seat you're warming and the food you're eating. Open your mind and feel the world around you."

"I knew I liked you. You're nobody's pawn. Nobody's fool. But you are still young and lost and naive. Passion and emotion are one in the same. Passion is drive. It is willpower. It is desire. Our meaning to live. There is a passion for life, for happiness, for love, for lust, kinship and loyalty. Our passions lead us to feel sorrow and rage and dispair when they are blocked from us. Strength has more than one face as well. Strength is not only wielded to destroy. We gain strength from our passions, from our loved ones, our allies, our knowledge, our legacies and many other places. The strength to stand up against unimaginable odds. Strength to have the audacity to do what needs to be done. Strength even to back down, retreat, meditate and live to see another day when all doors are shut to you. Understanding all of the strength available to the practitioner is what gives them power. The strength to lift boulders and weild a saber makes you a soldier. A pawn. A fool. Real strength. That is what gives a Sith power. When you have true power over the force therin lies your pivotal testing ground. Therin lies the place where the majority of Sith who have come before me have failed. Victory does not give you wealth, or reigency, or domination, or ownership. It does not prove you better than the rest of the universe. It does not prove you above or authritative over anything. Victory is walking the darkest paths and being tested by the gravest trials the known and the unknown have to offer and not allowing yourself to be destroyed by them. They will destroy easily and often. When you survive, the force breaks your chains. The force frees you. But as I said. The path is dark and most do not survive.'
'There is much you do not seem to know about the True Sith," she sighed sadly, "There is much the True Sith do not seem to know about themselves."

"The same is said of the Jedi and the Jedi say the same of themselves. The Je'daii would be ashamed in us all." He said crossing his arms. "There is much we can teach each other. But...mmm" He sighed happily as he ate another slice of bacon. "This is really good. Tell you what: Go out for a drink with me and I'll show you how to heal your wounds without busting an artery...and maybe work off the veil too, seeing through the force cannot beat the real thing." He winked and stood.

"You'll 'show me?'" she watched him closely, "'Work off the veil?'"

The air grew fridgid.

He stood and stared at her, feeling the energy radiating from her. "You say beauty means nothing to your enemies and less to you. If I suspect correctly, you brought me here to gain my allegience, correct? What if I say I appreciate seeing the face of my employer more than I appreciate the power that they wield? Power does not intimidate me. Freezing the air does not intimidate me. I have seen into the eyes of death and felt the icy sting of death grip my throat until just yesterday. You are eminating power and strength and trying to intimidate a man, nay, a shell that has lost everything and has nothing to lose. You can either accept the offer for a drink and an offer of friendship or spurn it. It doesn't matter." His words were as cold as the air that was freezing around them and he gathered his own strength, letting it drip off of him in globs of invisible energy, meeting Sol'tsyri's and chilling the air further.

With no warning the plate before her shot off the table and shattered against the wall. There was silence between the two of them. She sat back stiffly and spread her long fingers out on the table. She took a deep breath and pushed her shoulders down. The slightest shudder ran down her frame. The Sith stood. There was no longer an invisible wind in her garments and hair. Her movements were no longer fluid, but ridgid like a machine.

"Perhaps I was wrong," she whispered to herself.

He rounded the table and walked with the same weight, barely restrained power pooled around him and he walked with deep booming steps that were not of his own will, but a side effect of the power that built inside of him. He met met his power with hers with staggering force. He met her face with one of a steely neutral, blank slate.

As he neared it begame evident that she was muttering a lost language under her breath very rapidly. It stopped abruptly.

"Why would I waste my time let alone remove anything for a shallow man who does not understand the person whom he is dealing with?" she said before walking around him.

"Because you can have all the power in the world and all the strength and victory you wish to have and to ever have, but it means nothing without respect. You have many servants, yet none respect you. They fear your power, your wrath. If you want my allegience, then earn my respect. I already know that you can crush me without a thought, and I could care less. it is obvious from this building that you are either a very wealthy woman or a woman that holds a rank of extreme honor and power, one you have fought and killed for over decades and fiercely defended. I already know that I am 'dealing' with a true sith. Your status does not impress me, and neither does your servants or fortress."

"If you will not bow to my intimidation and power then why expect me to bow to such displays from you?" she spoke over her shoulder, "I will not bow to you. I may not have earned your respect, but you have not earned the right to be so personal."

"I do not expect you to bow. I expect you to do what no sith before you has ever done: Smile."

The tails of her dress whipped around the corner as she left the kitches without another word. The help would clean up the mess. She would focus on not tearing down the building and creating more work for them.

---

Confused and not fully awake he could not respond to Marquis even if he wanted to. Iisska hissed at him when kicked but could not quite find his bearings or figure out where he was and no amount of prodding would help. Something snapped inside him when he smelled it though. It was maddening, and energizing. He snapped up on all fours, mouth slightly open and nostrils flared, sniffing a bit before locating the still bloody steak and all but throwing himself on it. He was ravenous. After a moment or two he sat with crossed legs and bulging cheeks. He sighed happily.

"Holy shit," Iisska managed to spit through a full mouth.

His wide, alert eyes shot around the room and up and down Marquis. He swiveled around where he sat and continued to take bites out of the steak that were way too big. He examined the places where the worst of the wounds he had suffered had been healed. Even the amazing powers of Kolto could not prevent a few scars in the worst cases.

"Whew! So this isn't the afterlife then!" he laughed before a look of worry came over his face and he gasped sharply. The look of worry became a look of stunned, pained, panic. A horrific surge of gagging, stuck breath, high-pitched breathy whistling and retching spewed forth after he breathed in a chunk of food. The gagging and stomach convulsions soon became violent coughs. He seemed to catch something in his mouth, chew it with a sneer and swallow it again before cleaning the drool off his chin.

"STERLING!" The Togruta bolted up suddenly and jammed the t-bone between his teeth. He grabbed the droid by both shoulders, "Did you get the stuff!? Did I get the stuff!? The crystal, the saber... thingy! The hssiss junk, that mother fucking son-of-a-bitch with the gross teeth and the black face whatever!? Wait I don't think that was actually a thing. What am I talking about? Sterling... How long was I in that tank? Are we still on Tatooine?"

"Well To answer your questions: What? What? Yes...I think...what? I don't even know, two weeks, and no. We're on a hyperspace route to...well, I'm not sure. Trinity is avoiding the question....Also. Go use the bathroom. You are doing, as the children call: 'The pee pee dance.'"

"TWO WEEKS!? Auhg, I'm going to die," Iisska hissed at him before bolting away for the bathroom.

He walked out of the room and found a holo projector and clicked it. Trinity's hologram showed up and he crossed his arms. "Hun, where are we going again?" "Oh...nowhere special...." she said, darting her eyes. She disappeared and he clicked the button again. It took her a second, but she reappeared. "What do you mean, 'nowhere special?" she sighed and locked eyes with him for a moment. "N-N-...nar...shadaa...." Marquis was frozen for several moments, his eye white and neutral.

Then he snapped like a twig.

KRIFFING WHAT?!

His eye turned bright red and he punched the wall. She quickly disappeared and took cover. Marquis sprinted down the hall, knocking out Iisska as he ran and made for the cockpit. He charged in and stopped at the console and began to hit buttons, but he found the console frozen. "Trin! Turn on the damn console!" She answered over the intercomm. "No. We need the work! Please!" He screamed right back at her. "TURN ON THE CONSOLE! I REFUSE TO GO ANYWHERE NEAR THAT HUTTSPAWN SUCKING PLANET. " He smashed the controls, trying to get them to work, but Trinity wouldn't budge.

"Sterling," Iisska was standing behind him with a look that could kill and his arms crossed, "Did I fucking miss something? Who put the bug up your butt?"

"Boy. Do not make me rip your mouth off." He was fuming and ready to hit anybody that came close. He leered over the console, ready to start ripping off knobs and buttons.

"After all the trouble you went through to put me back together again?... I think. That was you right? You're acting weird... and rude."

He grabbed the copilot seat then and ripped it back as hard as he could, tearing it from it's light fastenings and knocking it over before shoving past Iisska in an oil rage. Trinity popped up from the console before Iisska could go after him. "Sorry, Togi. Marquis doesn't...handle Nar Shaddaa well."

Iisska sighed and picked up the destroyed chair and set it to the side. He'd fix it later. For now he sat back in the one that remained.

"We're going to Nar Shaddaa?" he couldn't hide the excitement in his voice, "Why would he be upset about that? That place is the galaxy's biggest vacation spot."

"He was made here, and he is sort of wanted by the planet's largest crime lords because Marquis "belongs" to him. Before I fried his circuits and ripped out his assassination module and he started working for Zen. Radon Thexys, his previous owner, put out a massive bounty for him because of all the trouble he went through to make Marquis so effective. A droid made entirely out of Cortosis and the best assassin-level hardware money can buy tends to cost a lot of said money. He wasn't happy when Marquis started working for the man that vandalized so many of Radon's paintings." She sighed.

"You fried his circuits and ripped out part of his brain. That's real romantic, Trin," he quipped, "But, that makes sense. I don't wanna put him in danger or nothing, but we could use the work. He could just stay on the ship I guess. Anyway there's no reason for him to act like--"

"Is everything okay?" Quin entered the cockpit cautiously, "I thought I heard Marquis yell-- Oh. It's you. Damnit, put some clothes on. Nobody needs to see that."

"You're still here!?" Iisska made a face of disgust at her.

"Simmer down you two, don't need more drama in my cockpit." she said before sitting down on the holo-floor and crossing her legs. "Understand, Togi, that what I mean by "Ripping out his assassination module" is all but identical to removing one of the slave collars and killing the guards that the CIS like to subject your people to. He was as slave...and If i know Marquis, and I do, him staying on the ship will not happen. He'll most likely try to kill Radon and drag anybody nearby with him into a firefight."

"Mhm," Iisska rubbed his chin, "From how he's acting I guess this Radon guy deserves it?"

"Don't get any ideas," Quin said, "We're already in enough trouble as it is without drawing more attention to ourselves."

Just then, Marquis came back into the room, his eye still bright red. "You are damn right he deserves it. He steels from thousands hourly and murders more every day. Women, children, eldery. Doesn't matter. He is corrupted and evil and needs to die."

"Oh. One of those," Iisska frowned, "So he deserves it. Just... maybe not... you know... from us. Right now. Now is a really bad time. You think, maybe we could just do the job and go? Please?"

"NOT A DAMN CHANCE" he screamed and turned, going off to prepare rifles and explosives.

Quin sighed and rubbed her temples, "We are going to be in so much trouble. Just stop the ship. We can't do this."

"We were almost out of money last I remember... which was two weeks ago APPARENTLY. Maybe I can keep trying to talk sense with him. This is crazy," Iisska stood up and shook his head.

A few hours later, Trinity checked all around the ship for Marquis and found him in the lounge, alone, three empty glasses of oil in front of him. She appeared from a holoprojector on the table and looked at him sorrowfully. He didn't try to talk. "Hun...are you okay?" She asked, though she didn't recieve an answer as his eye steadily turned from a grayish white to pink and started to turn red. "Hun...please don't get mad." she choked out. The robot looked away for a moment, his eye slowly returning to it's gray color. "I am alright." he said finally, though she wasn't particularly pleased with his answer. "We'll be landing in an hour if you want to start getting ready. Try to enjoy yourself, okay? It won't be as bad as you think, okay? Take Iisska and go play some poker while I set up the deal with our employer, okay?" It took him several moments, but he finally conceded and nodded slowly. Only then did she disappear to leave the robot alone.

____
"Rookie is...a special case." said CT-7567-REX. "He's a pyro trooper, damn good at his job, a little cocksure and loves to charge ahead to down any...indigenous wildlife we run into. With all of my troops, I encourage them to develop and form their own lives and learn whatever they can, and Rookie...took it a little far. Whenever he gets a week or two off on shore leave, he'll deck himself out in a looking outfit and take off for a hunting trip." The kaminoan across the table from Rex cocked his head and spoke. "A...hunting trip?" "Oh yeah. He'll take off for Tattooine or Nal Hutta, or even the freezing tit known as "Polus" and gather up a big group of hunters to take down the biggest beastie they can. All in the name of a goddess he believes in called the 'scorekeeper'." Rex laughed, though the Kaminoan wasn't amused. "Is this some sort of religion?" "A trandoshan one, yeah. Earn points with kills and don't be captured or something or other. I'm not sure. It makes him a great soldier though. Friendly, squad oriented, can take a punch, but he's rubbish with a rifle and tends to never retreat. Ever. He makes one heck of a barbeque too." "Where is he now, rex?" "Rook is...on Nar Shaddaa I believe, he should be due back any day now. He was just telling Cody how he had taken down a giant Nexu on a trip to Nal Hutta. He called it 'cute' and felt bad for killing it. Now, I've seen and killed Nexu. Those damn things are as far from 'cute' as you can get...However, I have one complaint about him: He is extremely speciest against the Gungan. Honestly, I can't blame him, after that Jar Jar Binks idiot nearly killed jedi and clone troopers a year back, he deserves to be a little careful. But he'll go out of his way to start a fi
ght with them. He does NOT handle them well at all."

---

With his bag slung over his shoulder holding the Nexu teeth, his flame thrower and blaster rifle, Rookie made his way down the promenade of the Nar Shaddaa 4th market. Radon Thexys' territory. It was a safe neighborhood. The gang leader paid out of his own pocket for security detail all over the district and didn't like crime. Rook thought he was a good guy for making a part of one of the most dangerous moons in the entire galaxy somewhat more safe. Little did he know that it was mostly just for show. Just as much crime happened here than anywhere else on Nar Shaddaa. It just came in less bloody ways.

The clone trooper just about skipped as he walked, rattling the Vibrosword on his back. He was making his way back to the trooper transport to head back home to enjoy the rest of his vacation with his brothers, but he came to a halt then as he saw the flashing lights of a casino just across the street from him....

He was never heard from again.

Kobel was already asleep. He had slow, rumbling breath and a slow heavy heart beat that somehow matched the constant pulse of energy flowing through the ship's systems. It was a drum beat. A tempo for his body to follow and be comforted by while he was away. The Durindfire crystal Iisska had dug out of the caves on Tatooine was suspended in the air between his open hands where it rotated very slowly and caught tiny sparks of light. He sat on the floor of his quarters with his legs crossed and eyes closed while leaned up against Kobel's side in meditation. In his mind there were fractures in the hundreds. Ever changing, ever growing, ever multiplying fractures. There was a pattern, a formula, a structure somewhere in all of the lines, but nowhere to start decoding it. As if in a dream, he had resigned to wander the many paths for hours upon hours just existing and exploring and contemplating rather than trying to fight or solve problems or run away or take action of any sort. Something is coming.

The feeling, rather than the words, swept over him suddenly and he opened his eyes. The second he did so the crystal, still rough, dirty and partially embedded in rock fell into his lap. He snorted and picked it up with a frown. Just what was that? Where had he gone for who knows how long? What sort of progress had been made at all? What time was it? Why was he dizzy? A sharp chime went off over by his door. Kobel lurched awake with a startled roar and nearly threw him onto his face. Trinity appeared in a tiny holo-projector on the panel beside the door frame and apologetically informed him he had a call and that it was important.

"Who from?" he mumbled to himself. There was not a single person in the galaxy he could imagine wanting to hear from. This couldn't be good. "Put it through? I guess? Or just close communications and forget it?"

Trinity disappeared from where she stood and was replaced by the projection of a slender, very angry looking and very pregnant Togruta woman. He turned his head slightly and narrowed his eyes feeling he should recognize her.

"Wait..." he started.

"Iisska," she snarled.

His eyes widened and a tiny smile curled the edge of his mouth as he finally realized, "Netari? What? How did you find me!? How have you guys been!? This is--"

"You're a damned idiot!" Netari screamed at him.

"But... What? I don't... I didn't even..." Iisska stammered.

"No, no, no, no! Don't get all innocent with me. Seven years! Seven fucking years of nothing!" she yelled.

"Sis, I don't... I'm sorry?"

"I get it! I get why you ran off. I get why you didn't call or write or visit. I'm not saying you shouldn't have. For fuck's sake it would have been nice to know you were still alive at least! But out of nowhere? Like this?? Right now!? You may as well have come home, wrecked up the place, and stabbed yourself in the gut!"

"Stop! You lost--"

"What are you trying to do? I swear if this starts up the unimaginable swarm of drama that I know it will..."

"Hi, Netari! Long time no see! How's the fucking family? How's the hunting season going? How's Dad's new kid? I see you got yourself knocked up! Or did you just get fat!? I don't know! This isn't really a conversation we're having anymore! Not sure why you think I know what's going on because I don't! Guess what!? I'm on a ship! I got friends and a dog and this thing..." he held up the crystal, "I think I'm doing well for myself! Thanks for asking!"

"Iisska, shut up."

"Okay."

"You don't remember? Written transmission, looks like it's about two weeks old, something about you killing a hssiss? Unusually well written Basic for you. Iisska, were you drunk?"

"No, I haven't been drinking and I was in a coma until yesterday. I never contacted you guys. I couldn't have sent that. Aside from checking in quietly and picking up on hear-say I hadn't planned on doing anything even close. How did you get this frequency? I mean, honesty, I'm pretty proud of myself but I wouldn't have gone bragging home, not with..." he paused a moment and his jaw went slack, "... STERLING... Oh no. Oh shit."

"The hubby is good with tech. He traced you for me and 'Oh shit' is right," Netari sighed, "Tjaris thinks you're challenging him and you pissed off Ty while you were at it."

"Damnit! Whatever. It's fine. It's not like he could find me out here. We're constantly on the move. And Dad will stop this, right?"

"Dad thinks it's hilarious."

"Fuuuck!"

"I don't know how recent your news on the family is or how good you are at 'checking in,' but Tjaris isn't someone I'd bet on not being able to find you. He's already been married twice and they're both from stupid rich families, he's bought up property off planet that's worth billions and he's working connections with some of the biggest names in the galaxy. He has lots of people and he gets what he wants. Right now what he wants is your corpse buried on some unexplored planet."

"Netari! You're the oldest! You have to do something! Tell him I'm not challenging him or coming back. I don't want anything to do with this."

"Do you really think he would listen to me? Warning you is really the only thing I can do in this situation. Don't panic okay? Just lay low for a few months and don't draw antention to yourself. I don't think he'd waste too much time and money going after you as long as you stay out of the way. Maybe hit the outter rim for a while if you can?"

"Well, we're heading to Nar Shadda now. I guess I could convince everybody to take an extended vacation until this runs it's course."

"No! Anywhere but there! Do you have any idea how much trade and business goes down there? That's practically his second home!"

"Netari! You're not helping!"

"Iisska, this is not my fault! I'm trying to help, but you need to calm down. Just stay out of his way okay? Probably change course if you can."

"Can't," he groaned.

"Well then be quick. It's a big planet. Use your head and for the love of the ancestors stay away from the booze and casinos."

"Okay..."

"I have to go, but I'll try and keep in touch."

"Okay. Thanks. It was good to talk to you."

"You too, kid. Good luck."

The image of his sister flickered out of sight and he was left alone to soak it all in. Kobel rubbed up against him happily. Iisska put his head against the door frame and clenched his fists. He walked out into the hall stiffly until he got to the lounge where he found a certain gentleman droid and joined him at thw table.

"Sterling," he said with a smile.

He was met with a red-eyed glare.

"I got a call from my sister. I think I can assume you were the one who contacted the whole famn damily for me. Things are going great, everybody is doing really well. Especially my fucking messed up, obscenely rich, and now butt hurt and pissed off half-brother. He wants me dead and now he knows where we are. Everything's fine though. How are you doing?"

---

Landing procedures were tense on Nar Shadda. Despite not being under the same security as Republic or CIS territories and therefore posing little threat and possibly even sanctuary for their like, Quin still kept itchy fingers close to her blaster. Customs found nothing suspicious about the Harpoon and they were allowed to land without a fuss. She checked their hangar carefully, expecting to see officers coming to intercept them at any moment. But they never came. For now at least, it looked like they would be in the clear. It would take some time for her goosebumps to stop, though.

Nyrette had been kind enough to brief her on the job she had helped Trinity secure information on. It wasn't so much a job as it was a hit put out on a certain Hutt by the name of Olok who had made himself a thorn in the side of a very influential business man who would not be named. The contract was too juicy to turn down. Hutts didn't often stick their necks out without waves upon waves of security to protect themselves. It would be a challenge. A six million credit challenge. The thought made Quin's skin tingle in the most disgustingly delicious way. Before any move was made they would need to gather information. A job best left to the Harpoon's loveliest pair of cutthroats. They were planning on visiting some of Olok's more interesting establishments posing as tourists. Nobody said espionage was without it's perks.

She followed Balva out of the airlock as he went to go speak to the dock authorities and fill out the ship's papers. She stopped on the ramp and turned her nose up. The sun was beaming down all too warmly through the thick, clouded atmosphere. The noise of personal vehicles, booming music, millions upon billions of voices, advertisements, neon signs and dock announcements created an overbearing ambiance. It was hot and muggy.

"This place reeks," she said.

"Aye, that'll be the stink o' Nar Shadda fer sure," Balva turned and nodded at her, "Don' let her first impressions fool ya'. She's got everythin' ya' could possibly want an' a lil' more. An' the smell n' smog, 't'ain't so bad upon the higher levels. The tit's be better upon them higher levels too."

"What?" Quin paused.

"Oh nothin' ta worry your pretty head about, lass!" the little alien laughed, "You stay here for a spell now. Ya're a bit more high profile than I'd be snug wit' an' I know my way around. We'll get you sight seein' in no time."

"That is not why we're here!" she called after him as he hurried away. She found herself discomforted with how comfortable and eager he seemed here. If anything stupid happened on this trip she would be hell to pay.

"Fuck me sideways, what is that smell?" Iisska came up beside her. Speaking of stupid.

"That would be the smell of corruption, sex, drugs, alcohol, body fluids, pollution, over-population and six million credits in blood if we do this right," Quin said quietly.

Iisska looked at her with a blank expression and his mouth slightly open.

"What do you want?" She asked him.

"To see the..." he gestured at nothing, "outside? Stuff? I've never been here before. I'm excited I guess?"

"Did you figure that saber out?"

"Uh, no. Not yet. These things take a lot of time, I think."

"Time which you are wasting standing out here gawking. We need to be surgical here. I hope you understand that. Everybody needs to be on top of their game. I suggest you keep working on that thing until it's finished and not running around stirring up havoc as usual. Of course you would probably do more damage to yourself than anyone else with a weapon like that."

Iisska rolled his eyes, "Cut me a break. I'm just gonna take an evening to scope the place out and fix my wardrobe problem. I got holes and gross alien creature blood up in these digs for days. Look, though, I'm working on it, Okay? It's hard work and they don't make instruction manuals for this stuff. Not like you would know a damn thing about it."

"The Force part of it? No. However, sword arts are mandatory training for all Republic Soldiers and I can tell you that with no focus, no drive, no discipline and no training you will off yourself faster than your enemies could even lift a finger against you."

"Okay, you want me to be on top of my game? Then you show me how to use it, Your Majesty Tight Panties."

Quin smirked, "You're asking me to teach you? With that tone? That's precious. Now if you'll excuse me I need to find Nyrette. We have work to do and you are going to stay on the ship with Marquis. I truly have no idea what he sees in you."

---

"Flight Update: We will be arriving at our destination in one standard hour," the ship's autopilot chimed in over the comms system.

Qazelok ignored it for the most part. He sat quietly with two fingers tapping gently on his lips as his eyes flicked intently over the file of the woman his superior and his... associates were tracking. One look at her service record showed that she was not to be underestimated. She had proved to be even more resourceful than they had predicted. A mistake that would not be made a second time.

"One does not provoke a wild beast in her own territory," he said under his breath.

"We know that now," Embo said from across the table, "Don't go throwing around your nonsensical Jedi pseudo wisdom here."

"As you wish," Qazelok sighed, "She has found another ally and we can assume she will only continue to strengthen her connections and firepower. Either we need to do the same and sacrifice subtlety or we need to take a different approach."

"Catch her in the open," the bounty hunter said. He was busily going through the holo-net and the bounty postings, "This isn't my first job, Jedi. Some are slippery, but I always hit my mark. The day I start asking advice of pampered little whelps I'll turn in my guns."

"My apologies," Qaz sat back in his seat and watched Embo work for several minutes in awkward silence.

"You've been trained in the arts of war, right Jedi?" Embo finally asked as he pulled several bounties off the holo and opened up the specifications for an outdated ship model that had several lines of information added to it.

"Yes," Qaz answered.

"So tell me; How do you stop your opponent from running away?"

Qaz gave the man a sideways glance.

"You pin them down and you cut off their legs," Embo chuckled, "And as luck would have it, it looks like we'll be getting paid to do just that."

He enlarged the bounty files he had saved showing Qaz security pictures of two of the woman's known crew members.

"One's small fry, just got posted a couple days ago. That droid though... He's been on the net for years and nobody's claimed him. That'll be fun. Three point five million for the pair, though. Not bad," Embo mused.

"What about the other woman you mentioned?" Qaz asked.

"She's a ghost. We can't find any information on her at all. Ran what little information we got on her a dozen times even. That's your job now, whelp. Catch her, torture her, use your mind tricks, play that innocent sage act, or just kill the bitch. I don't care. Just get her out of the way, then the big boys can do their job, you can send your cute reports off and then run home to your cozy little temple."

The fire. The fire burned on in the jungles of Duxn. Reducing hundreds of acres to nothing but rubble. It spread as far as the eye could see, engulfing everything. The teenager, Zenithar, stood in the middle of the Mandalorian camp. His father's helmet in his hands, scorch marks splayed over the faceplate. The adolescent was covered in the blood of his mother and her sons. He looked up and saw into the flames, seeing past the inferno to a shadowed figure standing upon the monument to the first Mandalore, he looked up to the sky and let out a blood curdling roar that pierced the intensity of the inferno around Zenithar.

___

Zen shook his head as he walked. Old memories bubbling to the surface again. It had been a while since he and Sol'tsyri last spoke. She seemed to be done with him for now it seemed as his luxury room had been bumped, or dumped is perhaps the better word, down to just above a prison cell. Wrags and old mattress for a bed, bars on the ground-level windows, gray walls. He basically was in a cell, but he could come and go as he pleased...well, for the most part. He could only wander the premises. Couldn't leave the estate, even if he wanted to. The halls of the fortress was always nice to walk through, very beautiful and huge, but there was always something foreboding about them.

Zen froze as he turned a corner. He felt a dark presence. His eyes darted back and forth and his hand went to his saber, but Sol'tsyri had yet to give them back. Instead, he began to pool the force inside of him, building it to staggering levels and prepared to unleash it on this dark being. He felt his blood turn to ice as a shadow danced at the end of the hall, skittering across. "Come out! Now!" He yelled in a low pitched voice that seethed malice. After a few moments, the creature emerged, heavily built and taller than zen, hunched over, in heavy armor with blades appearing in several spots. Zen's face began to contort and twist into one of pure rage, his eyes abandoned their gray hue, taking on a deep red one as he let the dark side flow through him unchecked. The beast that had been the bane of Zen's existance since he was a teenager, the monster that he had banished to the void itself had come back to haunt him yet again.

Tu'cha'kah had returned.

The ground cracked and shattered as an enormous force exploded around Zen's feet, propelling himself forward at incredible force. Tu'cha'kah took a defencive stance, but it was all but useless as Zen collided with him and fired down the hall and slamming into, and through, the wall.
Tu'cha'kah landed outside, having been thrown through 3 foot of wall. He landed in the garden with a guard underneath him. He tried to protest the giant of a lizard on him, but he responded with a wristblade to the throat as he got up. He looked up towards the wall he came through and saw Zen coming out of the smoke, the air around him wavering as the force cascaded off of him in waves as the walking embodiment of rage descended the steps. Before he could even fight back, Zen had him by his entire body. He lifted him off the ground only to slam back into it and be thrown across the courtyard.

The very oxygen in the air fled. With it went the oxygen in his lungs. The atmosphere grew stale and cold and the sound faded as the vacuum closed in and thickened around the gardens and the now open corridor.

That. Is. Enough. The bodiless words filled his mind.

The force filled his lungs now, giving his voice a deep vibration as he spoke. "Let me kill this murderer now. Sol'tsyri. Let me end this bastard's life! Let me exact my vengence for my people and I will swear my life to you, here and now!

Oh? You desire his death that badly? A pressure started to steadily crush down on his neck and chest. Tu'cha'kah was meeting the same fate with far less grace.

Tu'cha'kah? her voice faded in and out, though she could not be seen, What have you to say about this?

He fought for air, but choked out a reply. "I wasss contracted long ago to obliterate the Mandalorian people of Duxn. He issss the lassst of their kind. He hasss broven to be the greatest prey. I will have hisss head!"

Zen fought hard against his restraints, edging closer to the mutant in front of him, welling up the power of the force within him for a mass attack.

I see. The cooling of the air became an icy cold. Frost began to form around their lips and nostrils as well as cling to the stone of the walls. The heavy quiet disturbed only by Zen's rage and struggle and Tu'cha'kah hissing for air.

"It would seem you have the better bargain," Sol'tsyri's warm lips and breath touched Zenithar's ear as she whispered. She leaned in close behind him reveling in the power spewing forth from him with a hand on his shoulder. "Kill him."

Zen lost all control, exploding the ground around his feet again and slamming into the disabled mutant and bringing him crashing to the ground. He welled the force into his arms and crashed each one into the monster's lizardly head, the titanic punches stripping away flesh and bone.

Even though his foe had died on the first punch, his screams and flurry of attacks did not stop until the body was reduced to dust.

The sith woman strode up to him slowly and stopped a few feet away watching him take out his anger on the mutilated pulp left behind from the corpse. She laced her long fingers together in front of her hips. There she waited until he eventually slowed his brutality and came to an exausted stop.

"How do you feel?" she asked.

"Like I need to hunt down the enemies of my lady." He said with a bow. He knew he was indebted, and he was going to make the best of it.

"Hungry for more?" she whispered, "It's about time. Walk with me."

______

"So, Quin." Nyrette coo'd as they walked the mean streets of Nar Shaddaa. "Where did you learn to fight that well?"

"Hm? Oh. Republic Navy," she shrugged, "I'm guessing you have some sort of millitary background as well."

"You could say that..." She said, trying to avoid the question.

"So you weren't 'official' then?" Quin narrowed her eyes.

"No. It was official, but they aren't exactly...well...I guess 'Legal' is the right word," she conceded.

"Mmhm. That's what I thought. I wont pry, but I doubt any of us would be suprised by your past endeavors."

"Oh you never know. I might throw your head, or neck for that matter, for a loop. Might make you wonder if my name is even really Nyrette or maybe I'll make you wonder if I'm the daughter of some deranged psychopath that strand poor aliens on poles for fun." She laughed.

Quin did not return the laugh. At least not at first. She looked at Nyrette with a hardened stare, her lips pressed into a thin line. Her eyes darted all over the woman's face. After the second of tension she shook her head and smiled a little with a snort.

"Let's not get too crazy. We have work to do. This little establishment of Olok's is just up ahead.

The bright lights of the restaurant and theater below the casino and hotel proper lit up the night time walkway that twisted and stretched out before it. The building itself stretched upward a dozen floors through several levels of other walkways, docks, gardens and smaller shops. High class tourists, looking much like themselves swarmed the area. Musics of different varieties coming from all directions boomed and chimed over the voices of the crowds and came into sync with the flashing lights.

Quin straightened out her dress. A skin tight, strappy little number. It hung down long and flowed around her ankles which were clad in delicate, gold stilleto sandals. A cut came up the hem on the left side all the way to her hip, exposing a bare leg as she walked. Two straps held up the boddace and tied around her neck. The back of the dress swooped down just above her tail bone. Her wrists, fingers and earlobes were practically dripping with faux gold jewelry. The package had been wrapped up with some classy make up and some hair product and she was ready to go. She blended in seamlessly with Nar Shadda's normal fare. More savvy women probably had their blasters strapped on under their skirts like she did too.

"It's been a good long time since I got the oportunity to go somewhere nice in nice clothes and act like an airhead to get attention. I miss it," she chuckled.

"So, you're acting like Iisska, but with nicer clothes now? That's simply...preposterous." She laughed. She was dressed a bit more elaborate than her partner in crime. Her dress mirrored hers in that it was a skin tight dress that conformed to her figure, her opposite leg being revealed to the world, the cut in it going up to her thigh. She had an elaborate and colorful Krayt Dragon tattoo that ran from her thigh to her ankle, wrapping around her leg multiple times in a beautiful display of fire and ferocity. Her collar was a bit puffier than Quin's, adorned in black feathers. Her hair was in a bun, held together by two golden chopsticks. She had tight fitting gloves on her hands, golden nails fit over each of her ring fingers and middle fingers. "I think you pull off the skin tight dress a bit better, though." she said, finally.

After shooting Nyrette a scathing look at the terrible comparison to that idiot Quin shrugged, "It feels like my old stealth-- Uniform. Guess it comes naturally, I guess. You're not so bad yourself though. Bet you draw all the eyes in this place."

When they approached a doorman held the front doors open for them and they entered. Old fashioned jazz music filled the main lobby which was elegantly carpeted with a deep red with chandeleers hanging from the ceiling two stories above. The walls were paneled with imported timbers and exotic plants grew wild from gold and glass planters and large vases. The lobby immediately opened up to the bar, eatery, stage entrances and huge winding stairways that lead to the upper levels. Guards in black were everywhere. They didn't seem fazed by the traffic in the establishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.