Star Haven Cafe (RP)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Momoka 'Momo' Sayuri
tumblr_ndpx68pZN61r409x4o1_500.gif

She woke up at the loud sound of her alarm. It was a song she really liked by her favourite idol group. After a lukewarm shower and putting her hair into its usual style she got dressed in a white blouse with pastel blue polka dots and a black collar. On the bottom she wore jeans and white flats. She then went on her way to the cafe.

It seemed to already be buzzing with activity when she arrived, making her just a little envious of being so on-time instead of early like everyone else had been. She went to go change, getting out her pastry chef uniform and putting it on. "Good morning everyone." She said when she walked out, smiling a little. She walked next to Lochlyn, her fellow pastry chef. He saw him with a muffin and asked, "Aren't those for the customers?"

Rei Ohara
tumblr_m0qjqydlSX1rp3yg2o1_500.jpg

She got dressed and took a warm bath. Because of how comfortable she was she fell asleep. When she woke up she looked at the clock, she was barely going to make it if she got dressed now and started running. So that's what she did. She dressed herself quickly and haphazardly then got in her car. She almost got a ticket getting to the cafe. But she made it.

She was just in time for Momo's pleasant good morning. "Good Morning." She mumbled, speed walking to the locker room to find her locker then get dressed in her maid uniform. She then walked back out, keeping a serving tray and a few mini-menus held close to her chest.

When she saw a regular customer and her two younger siblings already here so early she stopped by the table she was sitting at. "Um, hello. Has anyone helped you? Also its a pleasure to see you here again Eliza." She spoke in a soft voice that could still be heard but gave away her shy tendencies.​

Lochlyn Darose, #1c5d9e
Lochlyn sulked, he certainly didn't pout, when Stella called him "gay" in the antiquated definition probably. Being friendly seemed to be such a crime now. He couldn't go through his life without raised eyebrows and questions. Couldn't he just be a naturally happy person? Naturally, he grumbled at the counter.

He swiveled around on the bar stool even when she raised her eyebrow at him. "What?" he drawled. "There isn't even anyone in yet. C'mon, give me a break Stella."

Lochlyn whirled around in his stool to face Momo. He held the wrapper of the muffin in his hand, what was left of the muffin gone when he heard her. Guzzling down the muffin with his latte, he shrugged his shoulders. "What muffin?" he asked with a grin. "Anyway, if I pay for it later or make one to replace it, I'm all good."

LnXfJiw.png

Stella was being the sadist she was, successfully getting the reaction she wanted for Lochlyn made her smile wider, resting her chin on her hand that was on the counter top. "I'm afraid I can't. It's so much fun teasing you." she gave him her pretty little smile. She turned to the staff entrance "Speaking of which, my dog still isn't here." she was referring to a person she liked to call her servant and realized "Oh, Momo and Sayuri are here as well." she observed. "You know, Momo. It's impossible to talk sense to anyone here especially about food." she told her.

sample_4395855063182c4f1e89cc2d47ba208aadb08eb1.jpg

"Oh, not yet." She warm smile to Rei "It's nice to see you too, how are you?" She chuckled "Oh...Sis...I'm dying here' one of her younger brothers complained with a frown on their face, groaning slightly and resting his head on the table. "me tooo'" The other one whined, kicking his feet lightly. "Come on you two!...I'll tell mom if you don't behave" She scolded the two, chuckling afterwards as they sat properly and calm down, if they didn't behave they wouldn't be allowed to come the café any more, which they wouldn't like.

Momoka 'Momo' Sayuri

"I guess you're right about that! Nobody ever listens to it." Momo gave a little laugh, smiling at Stella. "It's turning out to be a bit of a lost cause." She said, lingering with Stella since there was only one customer. When it picked up a bit shed go back to the kitchen. Recently they'd put cakepops on the menu and Momo was excited about making some later on. Momo truly loved making pastries.

James looked at the Cupcake and then to Lochlyn who had put it in his hand, he did catch what he had said before he left and he didn't say anything at all but he did put the cupcake away before coming back out and walking over to the table where Eliza was trying to help out our Regular customer. "Excuse me, Srry for taking so long you guys but what would you like today." he smiled to her when she handed out the Mini menus.

Raymond woke up to the sound of his alarm clock and realized that he was late for work. He did his morning routine extremely quickly and ran as fast as he could to the cafe, with his clothes somewhat rumpled due to rushing. Goodness, my first day and I'm already this late.

When he arrived, he immediately asked James, "Has any customer had to pay anything yet?"

James looked over to the new Cashier who just arrived, "No for you luckily but Soon."He said looking at him and the over to Rei and her little brothers giving him the hint. "Hurr and get your Apron and clock in." he said trying to help him out as much as he can.

b48bd91210c6af5e0edc36c11b198f48.png

It was morning and what better way to wake up by the sound of someone banging on your door,"Open up Shi! We need that money now!" A booming voice yelled out from behind the door,"Better open up before we break your door again!" Another said. Rising from the comfort of his bed, Shima grumbled, basically annoyed by their screaming,"Just shut up, will you!" Shima called out, losing his composure. The banging continued despite Shima already warning them to stop disturbing the tranquility until the door swung open with Shima only in boxers,"Didn't I say shut the hell up! Take your goddamn money and get out!" Shima yelled out loud enough to disturb the neighbors while throwing an envelope into one of the guy's face. Slapping his door shut on them, Shima ran his hand through his hair and sighed loudly,"Those bastards, they annoy the hell out of me." Shima thought and went to the bathroom so he could cool his head down.

Changing into a casual attire - collared shirt, a pair of red trousers with a black belt, a grey carigan, and some boots - and grabbing his bag, Shima headed out to his resting place, a place where he could relax without any disturbance, Star Haven Cafe. The cafe was small but it was the only place that Shima felt safe. Everyday, the cafe was always bustling with activities - foreign or not - and it was also a great place for inspiration for Shima, an artist who needed something to draw.

Reaching the little cafe, Shima took a deep breath and entered with a small smile,"G-good morning." Shima would say akawardly, still not used to the whole 'greeting thing' and what not. Like in his homeland, he would bow slightly to those who greeted him as he would walk over to his favorite seat. The seat wasn't anything special, just placed at the very corner of the cafe near the window and decorated like any other table but it provided a good view of the whole cafe to observe without disturbing anyone. Taking a seat, Shima examined the cafe and noticed that there were not much people today like usual but it was morning, not many would come just yet,"I'll just doodle until then." Shima thought and searching through his bag, he pulled out his sketchbook and some pencils, setting them all down onto the table. Opening to a page, Shima would engulf himself into the scenery and sketch out what he saw.

uuuuuuu_zps8b385741.png

Another day to live and Casper was already running late for his job,"Shit, shit, shit!" Casper mumbled in a panic trying to find his missing shoe. How clumsy of him, to lose his shoe of all things. He was sure he had left it at the foyer but then again, he was drunk yesterday because of one of the customers that came to the cafe. The customer had asked him to join them for a drink and being the ENFP he was, he agreed despite knowing he was working the very next day. Casper had planned to only drink one cup but because the group pester him to drink more, he did and now he had a terrible headache, he was running late and his left shoe was missing, this was what he get for drinking,"Come on! Where are you left shoe?" Casper called out as if the shoe was like a living thing that would come to his pleas.

Throwing his pile of clothes around for another 5 minute, Casper finally found his shoe and putting on his glasses and a grey hoodie, he was off. The street were already getting crowded with people and Casper was squishing his way through to get to work without getting scolded but it was already too late for him. Reaching the cafe, Casper would try to sneak his way to the back, change into his uniform and act as if he was here the whole time while trying to avoid his managers,"Okay, keep your composure and you'll be fine... I hope." Casper thought fixing his tie and checking to see if his hair was okay with none of his black strands sticking out.

Slowly making his way around, he tried to act like he was working, taking a towel and randomly cleaning a table while keeping an eye out for the managers.

"I-i think I'm safe?..."

Rei Ohara

Rei handed her and the boys mini menus. "Do you know what you'd like to drink?" She asked Eliza as well as the brothers. "Please take your time if you're not ready." She smiled at them. She took out a white pad and a purple gel pen to write everything down. She had a good memory but she wanted to be absolutely sure. She always got so flustered whenever she got something wrong.​

❋Marshall Gilcrest❋, #2F4F4F
❋Marshall Gilcrest❋, #2F4F4F
A low chuckle reverberated through the coffee cup as Marshall smiled into his warm drink. It was always amusing to watch the antics of the morning transpire in its usually random pattern. Though he heard his name being used in the topic of the day, which apparently revolves around a dust pan, he made no move to state his innocence. He only gave a mischievous smile as James questioned where his loyalties lay. Of course he already knew where the cleaning utensil was but Marshall had faith that Mai would eventually find the object after her little detective work. Turning his attention back to the rest of the shop he noticed a few regulars already scattered amongst the row of tables. It was a wonderful thought that they had such good natured customers who gave some time of their day to visit.

Shifting through some documents and papers that kept the shop functioning at the steady pace it was today, Marshall looked almost like just a customer that passed through its doors. Though the significant air of ease he emitted coupled with his all too distracting visage earned him quite the few furtive glances.

sample_4395855063182c4f1e89cc2d47ba208aadb08eb1.jpg
"Some tea would be nice" She said, looking at Rei with a smile "Oh!! Big sis, can I get a cakepop!" The two ended up saying it both at the same time. Eliza knew their mom wouldn't like it if they were to have sugary stuff in the morning, but she couldn't help when they had those puppy eyes "F-fine,but keep it a secret" She said to the two, who nodded quickly. "Two cakepops if that's okay.." Eliza said with a small unsure smile. "You're the best!" They cheered happily in a unison.

Marcaline was still in her office sighing heavily as she forgot how much her mother and father would have to do with the paper work, but never the less she always pulled through finishing the paper work but some mail came in for the others so she put them in their mail boxes. After all that she wanted to go get a donut but remembered they were for the customers so she went to her mini fridge and brought out a pie.

James smiled to Rei for helping our regular as he went over to Shima another Regular customer putting down the menu, "Hey Shima, How may i help you today." he said looking at him sketching something as he would always do. But out the corner of his eye he could see someone coming in who worked as well and to find out it was Casper trying to sneak in he better hope the managers don't notice.

LnXfJiw.png

They slowly have a customers streaming in, among them she could see a few familiar faces among them was Eliza with her siblings and Shima, the artist or something, and James and Raymomd, a newbie among others. Stella noticed Casper, trying to sneak in. She finished serving the corner before sneaking behind him, arms crossed "You're late." she tsked, "You even had the guts to go drinking yesterday, even though you're just a dog." she managed to look down at him despite he was being taller than her.

b48bd91210c6af5e0edc36c11b198f48.png

Snapping out of his trance, Shima glanced up from his sketchbook to see one of the butlers, James, the most serious one out of the other three butlers. Taking the menu that was set for him, Shima gave it back and smiled,"You know the usual, coffee with cream and sugar along with some blueberry muffin." Shima said,"Oh, and can you also add in some of Momo's strawberry cake? I'm in the mood for some sweets." Shima said happily.

@Takani Watashi

uuuuuuu_zps8b385741.png

As if on cue, Casper flinched and almost jumped out of his shoes when Stella came up behind him as if she was some ninja,"S-s-stella! H-how did you know I went drinking?!" Casper exclaimed, confused how she even found out that he was drinking,"P-please don't tell the managers about it. If they found out what I did they may fire me." Casper whispered as he was begging to her to keep it a secret between them. Though, even if he lost this job, he could always find another job the next day but he was so attached to this job, he didn't want to quit nor lose this job so this was a pretty serious thing for him.

@aeterna

LnXfJiw.png

"That's because I saw you on my way home." She spoke as if it was obvious. Stella rolls her eyes, "You were in my route pass." She huffs. "Of course, I wouldn't tell him because of two reasons: one, I would lose a perfectly good talk, two, we would have less workers which means more work for me." Stella was as selfish as ever, which used to cause controversy when she first worked there but now they grew used to it. "Anyway, are you just gonna stand there?" she asks him, "Or are you gonna work?" she tilts her head.

Last edited by a moderator:
Momoka 'Momo' Sayuri

Momo could see the cafe getting up and running so she went back to the kitchen. Might as well get some fresh batches of things ready for when the current batch runs out. She began making dough from scratch as she always did after, of course, washin her hands. If she was feeling under the weather or they were under staffed she'd use pre made dough but not usually. After making the dough she used a tool to cut it up into 5 in. by 5 in. cubes. This was so that she could stack them up and use a bit of the dough at a time and be organized.​

Rei Ohara

Rei jotted it down and said "Got it, it'll be out shortly." She smiled then went off. She went behind the counter and looked into the kitchen. "Momo the ones in the display are all fine right?" She asked, No no sometimes left them there for too long. "Yes!" Momo called back. Rei grabbed two cakepops- there were many flavors like strawberry, peppermint, chocolate And vanilla but Rei knew which ones the boys wanted. She also knew what kind of Tea Eliza wanted. She begun fixing the tea, it took 60 seconds so Rei had to wait around.​

James wrote down what he had ordered and nodded to Shima for he wanted to make sure it was still the regular he wanted. It was a surprise when he asked for momo cakes this time but he wrote it down. "Alright I'll be back shortly." He said as he walked off after taking the Menu back, he went to fix the coffee putting in the creamer and the right amount of sugar inside. After that he went and saw momo back in the kitchen, "Momo Are the Blueberry Muffins up over alright and do you have Strawberry cakes back there." he asked.
@PandaChu

Status
Not open for further replies.