Star Access Fixes and the new Verified Age form!

Diana

LOOK HOW CALM SHE IS
Original poster
ADMINISTRATOR
MYTHICAL MEMBER
Invitation Status
  1. Not accepting invites at this time
Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per week
  2. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
10AM - 10PM Daily
Writing Levels
  1. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Female
Genres
Romance, Supernatural, Fantasy, Thriller, Space Exploration, Slice of Life
Greetings, Minions!

I bring you GOOD THINGS instead of hellfire and damnation this fine Wednesday! ⊙◇⊙

Star Access is now mostly automagical once again!

Yay! Now the staff doesn't need to process ten thousand applications. You can directly set your Star access via a one time select box in your Account Details.

Screenshot 2019-05-06 16.15.59.png

This select box allows you to set whether or not you are an Adult or a Teen and want Star Access. Within an hour it will automagically add you to the proper usergroup so you can see those forums. You can only edit it once so make sure you do it right the first time or you will have to contact staff to fix it. When a Teen ages up to 18 they will need to send in a form to staff to get them upgraded to adult. After that? You'll never need to worry about it again!

If you DO NOT want to see Star content on Iwaku, DON'T CHECK THE BOX.
This field will now be used as our Zero Star Content option. This way Star content is something you opt in for instead of having to opt out. This also means it won't conflict with future updates should we get our fully automagic age upgrader back.

If you ALREADY have Star Access go check your box anyway.
In June we're going to run a script that removes Star Access for anyone who hasn't checked their box yet. (This is just to make sure our permission settings are consistent.) We wanted to make sure everyone was aware of the change and had a chance to check their box without getting access interruptions. :D

Go to ACCOUNT DETAILS to check your correct star box and in the future use the new Star Access form if you need changes!

We now have an optional Verified Age carding process!

id-example2.png

This highly requested feature is now here! If you are a member who is often concerned about how old your roleplay partner is in real life (an issue that can be a big deal for our Star roleplayers), you can now signup for our Verified Age group. This private carding process allows the admins to card you just like they do at bars to confirm your age. When you see a member marked as "Verified" you will have the comfort of knowing they are indeed the age they claim to be, even if they have their age set to private. This marker currently only appears in the Trophies section of your Profile as we work out the best way to display it.

Again, this is a 100% optional process for those who want to do it.
Unless you are under suspicion of age-rules breaking, Iwaku never requires a photo I.D. This is just something for all those members who really want it!

The only people who will see your forms are the Admins and we do not keep the pictures.
That means the only ones who see and process forms are currently @Astaroth, @Kitti, and myself @Diana! Once we process your form, all images are deleted. The only thing we keep is your username with a tag that says "Verified". If we ever need extra hands in processing forms, those new bouncers will be publicly announced to the community.

Because this is brand new and we have A LOT of members, it may take a couple of days to process your forms.
There are three of us and we'll try to process as fast as we can, but expect us to be slow at first. Sometimes picture quality is bad, members have questions, and weird things pop up! If your form has not been processed by May 14th, give us a shout. After that, most forms will be processed within 24-48 hours.

If you have QUESTIONS, COMMENTARY, UNHOLY SCREAMING, throw them down below!

*UNHOLY SCREAMING*

In all seriousness, though, this is awesome!! Yay for less headaches!

Reactions: Thorn and Astaroth
Honestly been waiting for this feature! I think it's great for all the users of the site and safe! Remembering back to AMOR and this skeem, it was brilliantly thought out and I'll definitely be jumping onto the verifying of my own age.
YAY for the Verify and less drama, confusion and headaches.
Thanks again to Owl Leader Supreme @Diana and her fellow administration (@Astaroth & @Kitti ) crew for making it all possible.

Question for the age verifying: If I took the picture ( username included), but then use like paint to mark off everything but the birthday, on the ID would that be okay? I would rather not run black marks through my ID with like an actual marker. @Diana

Reactions: CherrieBelle
Question for the age verifying: If I took the picture ( username included), but then use like paint to mark off everything but the birthday, on the ID would that be okay? I would rather not run black marks through my ID with like an actual marker. @Diana

That is more than okay, that is what we tell you to do in the instructions so you can protect your privacy. 8D

Maybe a silly question: on your other site, Amor, I completed the age verification. I don't suppose I could grandfather that somehow? :') If not I understand. It was worth a shot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Mo
*quickly grabs the black sharpie and reads the questions above*

Aweee no sharpies necessary? D:

haha. Thanks for the feature!

Maybe a silly question: on your other site, Amor, I completed the age verification. I don't suppose I could grandfather that somehow?

Sadly, I cannot! O: Iwaku needs it's own records on file and Amor is technically no more.

Maybe a silly question: on your other site, Amor, I completed the age verification. I don't suppose I could grandfather that somehow?

Sadly, I cannot! O: Iwaku needs it's own records on file and Amor is technically no more.

I figured as much. :'D Just thought I'd ask. I'll have to wait for my name change to come in before I can do it again.

SMALL UPDATE, if anyone was getting an error in trying to send in the form, that should be fixed now thanks to a little guineapig help from @Flame! If anyone else has issues getting the form to send, give the page a hard refresh. And if it still complains, send me a convo message and we'll see what's up! O:

Reactions: Indabayou
I did this and selected Red Star and got the teen trophy >_>;

Somebody help me before I'm overrun by wee bairns!

Woah :O you're like a cryptid

Fixed this for you! Looks like you resubmitted your Star Access form and hit the wrong thing. You don't need to submit the Star Access form anymore unless you're aging up to 18 or made a mistake; you only need to change your account details.

Simply waiting until I become an official adult before doing anything, just to make it easier. :')

Reactions: Astroblaze
@Diana @Astaroth

Hi, I'm a bit confused about what to do. I made this account a while ago but have never used it until now and when I logged in today, I couldn't access any Redstar content (or Star content in general). I went to my account settings and clicked access for the Redstar content, but it still has not given me access to anything and on top of that, when I go back to my account settings, that section is entirely gone. I'm not sure what to do.

I've double-checked and my birthday is correct on my account.

I've submitted a Contact Us request for help but am continuing to try and problem-solve since I'm not sure how long a formal response will take.