St. Josephs Mental Hospital

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found one for my second char. So Capgras Disorder and Depersonalization disorder ...both of my chars will believe the people or the place around them is fake rofl. Fun.

Depersonalization disorder

[BCOLOR=#ffffff]Symptoms can be classified as either depersonalization or derealization. Depersonalization is described as feeling disconnected or estranged from one's body, thoughts, or emotions. Individuals experiencing depersonalization may report feeling as if they are in a dream or are watching themselves in a movie. They may feel like an outside observer of their own thoughts or body, and often report feeling a loss of control over their thoughts or actions.[/BCOLOR][ [BCOLOR=#ffffff]In some cases, individuals may be unable to accept their reflection as their own, or they may have [/BCOLOR]out-of-body experiences[BCOLOR=#ffffff].[/BCOLOR]][BCOLOR=#ffffff] While depersonalization is a sense of detachment from one's self, derealization is described as detachment from one's surroundings. Individuals experiencing derealization may report perceiving the world around them as foggy, dreamlike/surreal, or visually distorted[/BCOLOR]

Can we talk about how I have 8 characters in one? Pray for my sanity.
rip-clipart-rip-gravestone-md.png

• Love
Reactions: Justin
Can we talk about how I have 8 characters in one? Pray for my sanity.
Your character and my first char will have issues with each other...he will already think that people around him are fake, and when your char comes around acting like a new person...lol.

I made matters interesting. My character believes he is possessed with the 7 sins, which are the personalities that have manifested. He's going to have an awful past with an over-religious zealot of a mother who is now either dead or incarcerated.

• Love
Reactions: 1 person
I made matters interesting. My character believes he is possessed with the 7 sins, which are the personalities that have manifested. He's going to have an awful past with an over-religious zealot of a mother who is now either dead or incarcerated.
That's going to be cool.

Lmao wtf did I miss xD

OKAY so I exaggerated a bit with AIWS because the illness is rather uncommon and, because it's mostly diagnosed in children, has little information on it with adults. I can change it if you want, but it seems like a cool/interesting thing to write about.

Carter Bernard Michaelson III
tumblr_lvn0ekLoIp1qd5lwso1_r1_500.jpg

Sexuality: bisexual
Appearance: He has a rather disturbing, convoluted black and white interpretation of the Alice in Wonderland tale tattooed on his entire back.

Custom-Tatoos-latest-Collection-7.jpg

Diagnosis: Alice in Wonderland Syndrome (AIWS)
AIWS is a neurological condition that affects perception; large objects are perceived to be much smaller while small objects are perceived to be much larger. People will see objects as the incorrect size, shape, and angles, thus causing them to contort their realities. There's a fine line between what their brains tell them is true and what actually is; this can quickly become dangerous. Perhaps the most jarring symptom is experiencing altered body image.
Hospital Experience: Most people diagnosed with AIWS are children, and they grow out of it. Carter, in this sense, is an anomaly and the researchers never let him forget it. At first, it was simple tests: does this cat look big or small, is this tree shaped like a tree or a a bush; his brain was able to handle that. But then the tests became more intense, and suddenly he was tricked into standing in front of a car that he perceived to be the size of a quarter. They forced him to stand there until the car hit him; every instinct in his body told him to run, but his mind wouldn't let him- after all, the car was the size of a coin, so what was the harm? He ended up waking with a broken leg and bruised ribs, and that was the day he decided enough was enough.
Personality: Carter always puts on a tough face, though sometimes his illness can be crippling. Not many people understand the grueling effect AIWS can have on a person, but he never seeks anyone's pity. He can be really fun and loving once people get to know him, but he usually doesn't let anyone in.

tumblr_m6concHtYD1rp62eq.gif

Brief Bio: Carter grew up the son of a billionaire, and it was his destiny to inherit the family company. He was privileged though never spoiled, and his parents only expected his best. When he was 22 and had just graduated from Yale, he experienced severe, sharp migraines that no doctors could find a suitable medication for. The migraines grew to be so intense that they ultimately affected every other of his senses, thus culminating in AIWS. His parents abandoned him at the hospital, ashamed that their only son had succumbed to "a headache." Carter has been on his own in the hospital ever since.
Other: His decision to get his tattoo was not only an ironic way to say a big "fuck you" to the scientists prodding at him, but also a way to show them that he isn't ashamed of his illness.

~~~~~~

Evangeline Marie Smith
Photoshoot-evan-rachel-wood-5710261-350-233.jpg

Sexuality: Straight
Occupation: She had to be pulled from school at a young age. She's always wanted to be an artist.
Appearance: She tends to dye her hair a lot, and she has a small nose piercing.

Diagnosis: Aboulomania
Aboulomania is a mental disorder characterized by pathological indecisiveness. Not only does an aboulomaniac obsess over what decision to make, but they also obsess over why they are making that decision. They feel compelled to explain every choice and movement they make (if they ever get to making it) not only to themselves but also to those around them. This is especially seen in their everyday lives; whether to eat pancakes or waffles for breakfast can result in a severe mental breakdown. The only known "cure" is years and years of therapy as well as medication for anxiety, though neither can diminish the illness completely.

tumblr_lvy3ss2DHN1r3efd2.gif

Hospital Experience: At first, they gave her anxiety medication that helped calm her down. Her decision-making took one hour instead of four, and she felt calmer and more at ease with her choices. But then they only gave it to her at night so she could sleep and watched her obsess and break down during the day. Now they've stopped altogether, and instead of watching her fight through the normal days (which is excruciatingly difficult itself), they've intentionally presented her with more obstacles and decisions. She would have killed herself by now if she could only make a decision as to how.

Personality: Evangeline is usually quiet, though not because she is an introvert; her thoughts run at a million miles an hour, and she has a hard time expressing them let alone repressing them. When someone manages to get her to speak, she can be quite pleasant- until they ask her a question. Then there's no telling whether she'll go off the deep end and cause a scene and how bad it'll be.
Brief Bio: Evangeline was diagnosed when she was five years old. She was in kindergarten and a fellow student asked her if she wanted the purple crayon or the orange one. Evangeline took too long to decide, so the student chose for her and handed her the purple one. Obsessed, confused, upset, and frustrated, Evageline attacked the student for not giving her enough time. She makes it through the days counting every second and trying to avoid any and all decisions.
Other: She enjoys painting more than anything else because there are no rules or consequences or explanations to her art. She doesn't have to decide which is the right color or why the sky is blue; she just paints, and most of the time her creations make no sense to anyone but herself. She prefers it that way anyway.

They're both accepted! I am glad you chose both, they're interesting illnesses! Plus, it's okay to exaggartate, Carys syndrome has only two reported cases, so I had to do some extensive research and exaggerate his med need xD

• Love
Okay guys, I'm heading off now for my 5 day wifi-less travel ¬_____¬

I can't wait to see all your characters!

@Mad Magus, you're in charge until I get back XD Don't go accepting characters or taking my GM job XD But, just make sure this thread doesn't get flooded by 90490921 messages, and make sure nobody accidentally joins that isn't part of the people from the interest check!

latest

Reactions: SweetPrince
Lol. Yeah my two chars willl be up around 10PM tonight...which is like 14 more hours for me, after work^^. And later @King

Name: Aubrey Dwight
Sexuality: Asexual
Appearance:
tumblr_inline_myfu5zwuKh1qd8ays.png

Diagnosis: Apotemnophilia and Schizoid Personality Disorder
Hospital Experience:
Personality:
Brief Bio:
Other:

Name: Trinity Karen
Sexuality: Straight
Appearance:
tumblr_mquypyiXcQ1ruclvvo1_500.jpg

Diagnosis: Cotard’s Syndrome
Hospital Experience:
Personality:
Brief Bio:
Other:

WIP!
Cwolf has already claimed Cotard.

• Thank You
Dream you didn't have to delete them..you could.pick other disorders, except cotard, Capgras.and Depersonalization.

Name:
Phoebe Kairis

Sexuality:
Due to her current condition, Phoebe has no interest whatsoever in such things, and could best be described as asexual.

Student

Appearance:
[spoili]
infect_me_by_cristiantudose-d5fmzuy.jpg

[/spoili]

Diagnosis:
Cotard's Delusion
A rare delusional disorder linked to depression, suicidal ideation, sleep deprivation or derealisation, in which a person believes he/she is dead or dying, doesn’t exist, is putrefying, or has lost his/her blood or internal organs

Hospital Experience:
Phoebe arrived shortly before the facility took over, though she was unhappy and uncooperative with staff from the start. At first, she was enrolled in therapy and given a cocktail of medications, with the latter aimed at addressing the underlying problems of her condition, and the former to help convince her she was in fact alive. Though the going was slow, she seemed to be making some progress. After the facility took over, however, she was taken off all medications, and her delusion was no longer discouraged, but rather encouraged. The researchers seemed particularly interested in finding out what sort of factors made the condition worsen, and just how far Phoebe would play into the delusion. She was put in intentionally stressful situations, denied sleep and food, injected with various drugs for the pure purpose of seeing how they effected her, and told to her hurt herself, among other things.

Personality:
Even before her disorder hit her, Phoebe has always been a very disillusioned person - though this disillusion has only grown greater since. She tends to seem somewhat detached from her emotions, as if she knows she has them, but cannot fully feel them. Despite this, she is a somewhat temperamental girl, who can be very demanding, and is quick to annoyance. She displays a rather petulant sort of nature, generally acting rather sulkish and childish.

Brief Bio:
Phoebe Kairis had always had problems. The second child and only daughter born into a relatively unhappy family of five, she had always seemed somewhat disillusioned - even as a child. Some could say she was the very definition of a 'petulant princess', always displaying a somewhat childish, and disagreeable nature. Call her depressed, stressed, or just plain too tired to care, whatever the problem really was, she seemed happy being stuck in her own head - and rarely ventured out of it to properly socialize with others.

Personality flaws aside, it wasn't until her teenage years that things really took a turn for the worse. It was then when then the girl turned delusional, and began to claim that she was dead - seeming particularly transfixed on the idea that her skin was rotting.

Annoyance on her parents part quickly turned to concern, and, soon thereafter, she was diagnosed with Cotard's, and sent to St. Joseph's.

Last edited by a moderator:
My chars will be up tomoror.w

*kicks down door*

*takes off Magus's in charge pants and puts them on*

GUESS WHOS BACK

BUT IM RLY TIRED SO IM GONNA GO STRAIGHT TO BED LMAO SO I HOPE TO SEE ALL UR CHARACTERS!!!

Been working on mines, doing research so might be up by friday..just alot to go on, so I know how to act out chars lol.

Yeah, mine aren't done yet.
Mainly because school is soon and I've been busy with all those last minute preparations I've been putting off.
AND I'M ON THIS CRAPPY TINY COMPUTER THAT'S HARD TO TYPE ON
SINCE MINE DIED ON ME >:I

I will try to finish up soon, though. Cycling between ideas in my head, and not sure which to choose. Every time I start writing down one idea I change my mind and want to go back to write the other instead.
I hate decisions.

• Love
Reactions: King
You guys need to give me a bump when your characters are finished! Im excited to see *w*

My guy is almost done decided to just make Capgras guy, should have him up tomorrow.

• Love
Reactions: King
Hey guys! So, what do you think of maybe somebody playing a nurse? Do you think that we should stick to purely patients and their plans to escape, or could we intertwine a helpful nurse who wants to help? Or should we keep the nurses like the 'doctors' as NPCs?

Gotta get ideas from ya'll

+ Excited to start this^^

Status
Not open for further replies.