St. Illumi’s Sleep Away Camp for Young Mages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just when he was trying to work out what magical qualities pixies might have the small figure was off leaving Sige to catch up, glad to get out of the sunlight, while it didn't hurt his skin his eyes were extremely sensitive to it and even reflected sunlight could cause dazzling pain, really the only time it was safe to take his goggles off was after sunset and Sige was starting to miss the tine boarded up basement window that was never really a problem to him.

Entering the cabin he pulled the worn travel pack which was another item salvaged from the pile of things his father never used from his shoulders and placed it down next to the door to rub his shoulders and finding them bruised from the straps. Then finding the downstairs mostly empty he walked slowly though the room, looking around through darkened lenses until he found the staircase and slowly mounted the bottom stair to move his way up. Were they meant to be here? Did it matter?

Arriving on the upper threshold he sound the pixie again and two of the other boys and paused as he saw the easiest way to heal his shoulders and reminded himself that bruises were nothing... and that he should be thankful that his goggles his his eyes so that no one could see him staring at exposed skin, ready to be pierced...

Feline was all smiles for the frog girl. True, her appearance was a little bit strange, but Feline was rather charmed by her humor. Her mouth had opened to respond, but a sudden commotion had the girl going Whoa! Whoa! and Feline was casting a look over her shoulder to see a weapon. ...already! They had been in this place only for a few moments and the violence was already starting.

"I...! Yes, lets not get excited? After all we have all summer to practice being stabby don't we? We haven't even seen the inside of our cabin yet." While the frog girl debated, Feline made a graceful albeit quick dash to Shanet's side. Where she took the girl's arm and subtly walked backwards a few steps with her in case the other girl still wanted to start swinging.

"So then...! Feline, Shanet, Caerulea." Feline gestured to each, before very politely gesturing towards Sedna. "And you are? I'm sure if you plan to kill us all while we sleep, you'll want us screaming your name in terror..." See, Feline could make a joke too, and hope it appealed to the knife-wielding wicked thing.

Shanet blinked several times, looking at the knife. Confusion was evident on her freckled face as she was tugged away from the knife wielder. But the girl before her was obviously upset and that meant it was Shanet’s duty to be her friend! This wasn’t how things should go at all! She smiled her kindest smile before speaking.

“I’m sorry for touching you without permission. That was wrong of me. But now it’s in the past. We really should try to make the most of things. I’d really like to be your friend if you’ll let me. It will be much easier to have fun and get used to things here with friends. In fact, I’m sure everyone here will be your friend and like you if you just give us a chance.” She extended her hand slowly, palm up. There was no intent to touch the other again, just an offer of friendship and kindness.

Wild, different colored eyes flitted from girl to girl while the hand gripping the knife tightened just a little and for a moment Sedna actually weighed the pros and cons of attacking. Maybe against just Shanet she could win but against three girls, one of which looked quite athletic, this fragile form she'd been cursed with couldn't possibly hope to succeed and come out on top. So it was with a heavy, though the nose sigh and one last twitch of her eye that Sedna slowly straightened up and tucked her knife away again.

"Don't misunderstand," she advised, her gaze shooting daggers at the other three. "My withdrawal doesn't mean we're now friends. In case you weren't listening before, I have no use for friends." She paused to consider answering the little busybody Feline. "My name is Sedna, daughter of Perry, sister of Sige." Well, technically they were only half siblings but saying something like sounded far too cold for the brother-sister bond they shar-- Wait. Was that girl a...frog?

Sedna's eyes grew wide with intrigue as she shamelessly looked Caerulea over from head to foot. Oh, how her hands itched to reach out and touch the girl's skin and see what texture it held. What kind of magical properties did the skin hold, if any? Perhaps a new poison could be derived from this crossbreed. It was wishful thinking but the strange little Alchemist was always eager to learn about mutagens and the things affected as a result.

Surely a crazy look passed before her eyes before she blinked it away. "And trust me," she continued on as if she hadn't skipped a beat or hesitated in the slightest, "if I was going to kill you, it wouldn't be in your sleep. That's not my style." No, hers involved something more subtle, something they wouldn't see coming.

With a shadow of a smirk coaxing the corners of her mouth upward, Sedna turned around and stooped to reclaim her pack. A hand lifted to scoot aside her long, thick hair to the opposite shoulder as the pack's strap settled down on the one that had been recently uncovered by her inky mane.

Coraly wasn't very late, but she was nervous. She didn't want to be the last one. Opening the cabin door, she slipped inside, staring wide-eyed at the spectacle ahead of her. A dark-haired, beautiful girl was holding a blade against a red-headed one. Coraly thought the pretty girl looked very, very angry. The sight of blade scared her. Were they allowed to have weapons? She didn't have any weapons! Would it be safe to sleep here. She was afraid to look around the room to see what the furniture was like, lest the girl make a movement with her blade and someone get hurt! Being adept at combat arts, Coraly considered tackling the redhead out of the way. If I do that, maybe no one will get hurt! It was a good idea just as any other, but she was scared. What if this was part of the camp initiation or something? What if she was going to cause a scene, get yelled at, and then no one would want to be her friend?

While she debated her options, things were already changing. Two of the other girls cautiously maneuvered around so that the beautiful one was inclined to put her weapon away. Coraly sighed in relief, but the tension building up inside her stomach was too much to handle. She didn't want to be here to begin with. And how could such a beautiful girl say such scary things?

Coraly took a deep breath to try and calm herself. But instead, she burst into tears. Big round tears splattered across her face.

Bran looked at the bookshelf. At one time he supposed he would have said the same but living with ... Whatever you'd call those people. At a pretty big... Castle? Keep? Thing. There was a library. This wasn't a library.

"Uh, yeah. Sure thing." He blinked green eyes and looked around just in time to see a pixie fluttering in front of him in rich dress that was so completely and utterly out of place that it was laughable. In fact, Bran snorted. "Tiny peacock..." He murmured to himself and looked over the tiny person again. "I'm Bran... " He spaced for a moment, starting at the goggle wearing boy.

Weird.

"Bran Hickory."

"Boys! Boys, come down here for a moment and lets find your beds, shall we? Lévle! Especially you, please!" Dom stood at the bottom of the stairs, tapping his toes on the wood and waiting. What was it with teenagers and finding the highest place in the building?! Not that he had been any different. His own rooms were much higher... He hoped that Lévle would like what he'd built for him. A tiny little bed, just like the other boy beds. Lévle was just lucky that Dom didn't give into his own amusements and make a four poster Princess bed...

"GEVAN RINKISS," He blurted in the most poorly timed and inappropriately toned voice ever. It was awkward. He knew it was awkward. He knew he looked strange at the moment. He stiffly walked downstairs and attempted to avoid eyecontact with the rest of the boys on the way down.

His heart sank a little upon seeing his bed on the first floor; he had truly been hoping for one upstairs. But it may not be all for naught. Everyone would be asleep, and there shouldn't be anyone in the upper floor to question what he was doing while he opened the window and flapped like a chicken, until it was too late. It could still work...

For a moment Caerulea was glad she couldn't sweat. This would be just the time for it... and it was obvious by everyone except this "Sedna" crazy. Sedna was way too creepily looking at her. It made her skin crawl like that time she'd opened the compost bins to find that fruitflies had been merrily breeding inside. Still, the situation seemed to be dispelled.

If only it were always so easy.

"Well..." she said, with a bit less anxiety than she had expected, "now that we're introduced... how about we all just unpack and get settled in. Looks like we'll be pretty crazy... I mean... crazy busy. It's gonna get really busy soon enough."

Hoping they just let her slip pass, she moved to start unpacking if only to show that everyone else should.

Just as introductions were starting a call came from downstairs and Sige turned. Probably a good thing at the boy named Bran had been looking at him and... well... Sige had never had to deal with people up close before. The voice downstairs sounded like the counselor which was probably a good thing too! Sige wasn't sure if the man was aware of his 'special needs' which the boy had gathered mostly out of trial and error.

Without wasting any more time Sige with his hand on the wall jumped down the stair four at a time and landed with a thump on his feet in front of Dom, then had to pause to tighten his battered old boot. "I am here!" he announced before getting out of the way of the others and pointing his goggled face around the room to try and judge the amount of sunlight filtering through, and decided it was probably safer to keep the goggles on even if the world seemed washed out and dim through them, he was used to it.

"Counselor Dom?" he asked glancing at the staircase. Did the older man know what he was? Had he read about half vampires before? Would he try and talk to Sige? Would they allow him to stay? There were suddenly a lot of uncertainties.

Whoever Gevan Rinkiss was, he was weird, decided Lévle as he observed his introduction, not to mention his behaviour. It did not help that there was this odd feeling about him that he could not quite shake off, no matter how hard he tried, however, at least Bran seemed normal. The silver-haired half-being would likely make a trustworthy friend, the pixie decided as he took in the details of both young men. Probably like Sige, though he needed to talk to them a little bit more. Gevan, though, he filed in the 'strange people who I am not sure of' category. But that was all well, because it seemed like there would be enough sane people to talk to.

"Nice to meet you both," said Lévle with a wide smile on his face, and he would have continued chatting with them if it was not for the interruption of the campus supervisor. Silently cursing Dom and his luck, the pixie did a barrel roll, flashing his colourful wings to everyone in the room along with his even more colourful clothes. Then the pixie dove down the stairs, speeding down as fast as he could, only to almost crash into Dom if it was not for his fast reflexes. Quickly turning to the right, Lévle dodged the face of the teacher, barely stopping himself before flattening on the wall. Taking a few deep breaths to calm himself down from the ordeal, the pixie did an elaborate Immelmann-turn to end up in front of the teacher once more.

"What is it, teacher?" he asked, his wings fluttering behind him, hoping to conceal the fact that he was glad to have survived that dangerous manouvre. He made a mental note about being careful inside human buildings. They seemed just as large as the trees, the meadows or the forest outside, but they were actually smaller than they seemed despite their large walls, tall ceilings and generally huge proportions as far as his kind was concerned. His mother had warned him before about it, but only now he did see her wisdom.

"I am looking forward to some of the flora studies, but it will be wretched if they try to take us out to the lake." Feline responded to Caerulea, trying to keep to conversation proceeding as far away from Sedna's ever so slightly terrifying declarations as quickly as possible. That girl was surely going to be trouble and Feline had no idea what could be done about it yet. At least the miss Shanet seemed nice and friendly enough. Feline left the girl's side to fetch her rolling suitcase again, just in time to see the late entry, Coraly burst in to tears.

'Oh dear! This camp is not starting off well at all!'

"Don't be upset, sweetling, here!" Somewhere out of her case, Feline produce a very lacy silk handkerchief had thrust it in to Coraly's hands. "There is no need to fret, we are all friends here. Things are always a bit strange in the first day or so." Honestly, Feline had never been to a camp in her entire life, she really had no idea. But she would say just about anything to get this poor girl not to cry everywhere.

Coraly stared at Feline. She was a pretty girl and a for a moment, Coraly was distracted, watching Feline talk to her, pulling something out of her case. When the silk cloth was placed in her hands, the sobbing Coraly quietened, looking down at the handkerchief in awe. We're all friends here. Feline's words echoed in Coraly's mind as she took the cloth to wipe her eyes. It was laced and silky and smelled of perfume. It made her feel like a rich person. To have a lace napkin in her hand to wipe her tears. Oh my. Coraly's face brightened a bit as she nodded to Feline. She wouldn't cry anymore. Since they were all friends right? "Thank you!" she squeaked.

Caerulea looked quizzically at Feline, "What's wrong with the lake then? But yeah I am sooo looking forward to floral studies too! I'd never be able to make anything with them, but some of the plants have amazing properties without potion use!"

Caerulea broke off to attempt a bit of sympathy for the weeping girl... Coraly? yes, that was it. She put on her best "it'll be ok face and waited for her to calm down and maybe even join in. She sighed to herself. First day for all of us... things had better calm down or this whole camp is going to end up fireballed. I wonder if the boys are having this much trouble.

• Thank You
Reactions: Sakura
Status
Not open for further replies.