St. Annes Rehabilitation Centre [Signups/OOC] [ON LOCKDOWN] [SIGNUPS CURRENTLY CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lillian

The Cuddly Goober
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Invitation Status
Posting Speed
  1. Speed of Light
  2. Multiple posts per day
  3. One post per day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adept
  4. Advanced
  5. Prestige
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy, Psychological Horror, Scifi, Magical, Romance, Supernatural
This RP will be on lockdown. I may come back and rewrite it if i've thought of better writing to liven the experience. If anyone takes it without getting my okay and RPs it and acts like it's their's, I WILL REPORT THEFT OF MY MATERIAL. No one has the right to take material that i've worked hard on without my permission. On a lesser note, If I DO come back to this and rewrite it, I will post a new thread and put the link in THIS post and remove this message. Stay tuned.
0b21c3dfb8f5cc67019ac00d75b54181.jpg

"Welcome to St. Annes, please enjoy your stay."

Certain children between the ages of 11 and 17 are sent to this seemingly boring place. Children, mostly those afflicted with "mental diseases" in which they "think" they can do spectacular things are sought for and collected.

They are taken to what is a humble little hospital, just about the size of a shrimpy flower shop or comic store, thinking it's just a check up. The parent is not allowed inside of the building.
After their blood is drawn, a stinging pain; a syringe in the neck, and it all melts away...
Greed or capture is what led to this. A parent's greed; handed a thousand pounds in place of their child. People truly are cruel, even to their own offspring...

As if rebirth had occurred, they woke up in an entirely different location, devoid of their memories, and having a sinister, smiling man who they would fear...

"Welcome to St. Annes, please enjoy your stay..." Enjoy was strangely pushed, but their feeble, weak mind wouldn't detect anything strange about it.

They are then taken to an assembly, where everyone else is dressed in the same white suits, and noticably, collars. Rather comfortably fitting small metal collars that you would hardly notice. No matter how much they were to pull or push on it, it was fixed into place, as if screwed into their bone structure.
Several strange people appear in front of the crowd of children, alerting their attention, and then holding it...
A complete wonderland was beheld to them, slowly scrolling down as they approached, as if they were in an elaborate elevator.

"This is your home." Another sinister, yet boss-like man said with a sugary grin.
Of course, all the children are excited to basically be living at a large-scale resort. Others dressed the same were there to greet them, though having a rather fake look to their eyes.
Breakfast is first, how will this go?

BASIC RUNDOWN:
You're a part of group G12 that was sent to St. Annes, an institute based in Great Britian. You may or may not have powers, currently you wouldn't know.
You're the age of 11-17, but you would have no memory of your age until you're given all of your supplies, which is after breakfast.
Be cautious, this may not be the wonderland it makes itself out to be...
It is riddled with dark secrets, drugs to dumb all of you down, and unfathomable punishments none can recall.

SCHEDULE (For those without powers/unpunished):
Breakfast - 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Playtime - 9:00 am - 12:00 n
Lunch - 12:00 n - 12:30 pm
Checkup - 12:30 pm - 12:45 pm
Playtime - 12:45 pm - 8:00 pm
Movie time - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Curfew - 11:00 pm
Lights Out - 1:00 am

SCHEDULE (For Surrogates/punished):
Breakfast - 8:30 am - 9:00 am
Experiments (Physical) - 9:00 am - 12:00 n
Lunch - 12:00 n - 12:30 pm
Checkup - 12:30 pm - 12:45 pm
Experiments (Mental) - 12:45 pm - 3:00 pm
Playtime - 3:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Movie time - 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Curfew - 11:00 pm
Lights Out - 1:00 am

SURROGATES:
Surrogates are those who possess abilities. It is thought that those infected with the Daemon parasite act as a way for the creature to live, which is similar to a woman bearing another's eggs, thus the term Surrogate was born. A mass amount of children were turned into Surrogates after several strange meteors streaked the sky 20 years ago, the government thinking they can harness this power and thus allowed St. Annes to bypass any human rights laws and be created. Surrogates show any signs of having been infected normally after the age of 10 but below 15. Curiously, only children who haven't gone through puberty can be infected, and the parasite can be spread to another child once it has matured, having a period of 13 months to develop, causing St. Annes to look for siblings in the households as well.

Surrogates are not allowed to speak of their experiments to the normal children, or will face the death penalty.

DAEMON PARASITES:
The new parasite having thought to have come from the meteor, that only infects children who have not gone through puberty. It contaminates humans by it's eggs being breathed in. The eggs hatch as soon as they reach the warm, moist enviroment of the throat. They then proceed to dig into the blood stream, releasing certain chemicals to neutralize any white blood cell's attempts to get close. They proceed to go to the source; the heart. There the hatchlings then fuse into one multi-cellular creature, attaching itself to the heart, and goes into dormancy as it minorly feeds on the red blood cells that enter the heart, which costs the human absolutely no pain or suffering due to a chemical it releases to "change" the body, causing one's blood to slowly change to a black color by time it has matured.
When it has matured, it is now wrapping around the heart, almost snakelike, and is the size of a pencil. It has completely changed the human body into a place it can live without any issues, which also causes the arise of abilities. It changes the white blood cell's behavior and strength, causing the human's immune system to be at least 5x stronger than it was before, easily killing any diseases but at the same time making the white blood cells ignore it's presence. If forcibly removed, through surgery, both the parasite and the human will die. The parasite because it no longer has access to it's non-stop food source, and the human because the parasite's attachment points are on dire points of the heart.

NORMAL CHILDREN:

St. Annes sometimes makes a few hiccups and capture children who have not been infected with the parasite and have already started puberty. They instead dumb these children down by putting drugs in their food and use them as worker slaves during their "playtime" when they're completely brainwashed.

Cease and Desist Collars:

The collars are basically St. Annes' way of doing minor punishments. At the push of a button, the collars can do a number of things. The collars are literally tapped into your nervous system and bone structure, making removal almost impossible.
When someone is on death row, a small hatch on the front of the collar opens and shows a countdown clock of 2 hours, being just enough time for them to either decide to take them off, or kill them. When the countdown hits zero, the person is injected with a deadly, potent poison that kills them in seconds, mostly with bleeding from the eyes, ears, mouth, and nose.
The collar's punishing functions are:
Electrocution - Just enough to disable someone's movements for a bit. It directly shocks the nerves.
Sleep inducement- It injects one with a numbing agent that causes sleep
Explosion - If one were to detach even one wire from their nervous system, the collar is set to explode.

For Surrogates, there is an extra installment on the collar; a way to turn off or amplify their powers, but the amplification option is only accessible with a special tool unavailable to the subjects.

Slang:

Surrogates - Children with powers
Normies - Children without powers
Director Demon (Dr. D) - What the Surrogates call the head of St. Annes
Worker Bees (W-Bees) - The practical slaves of St. Annes
CDC - Cease and Desist Collars

Rules:

No outrageous powers -
Yeah stuff like being able to blow up the entire facility or erase/go back in time or something is killed on the instant so, nope!

You are allowed 3 powers -
They have to also be related to each other.
Fire manipulation + Telekinesis = NOT RELATED.
Mind Reading + Dream Walking = RELATED.

You cannot go against the schedule -
Unless you want some dire consequences for your character, bad idea to sneak off to that secret hatch during breakfast.

You can have an unlimited amount of characters -
Just be able to keep track of them all and i'll have no quarrel with you.

Activity -
Be active at least 3 times a week, preferrably keep in contact for the entire week. If you're going somewhere longer than that time then please tell me or your character will be godmodded or killed.

Posts -
Have to be at least a paragraph long (5-7 sentences), have proper grammar (mistakes are fine, just don't be constantly making them. If you're having trouble on a word just look up how it's spelled.), and be easy to read (Meaning don't have a bunch of long words that no one will understand/ phrase it in a way that won't make someone's brain explode from confusion)

Anime/realistically drawn characters ONLY -
I have a bit of a peeve with using real people as it kinda creeps me out sooo... Characters only please.

CS:

(Appearance on the top)

Name:
Abilities:
Number (EX: G-2345; G is the group they're in. The number is also printed on their collar):

Last edited:
Okay, going to start drawing character appearence after dinner.

anime_girl_eyes_large_room_23426_2560x1440.jpg

Name: Sakura Queen
Abilities: Creating Illusions to trick all five senses. (Difficult to master.)
Immunity to all types of illusions. (none of her five senses can be deceived)
I'll only go with two, since those two are powerful... :/
Number (EX: G-2345; G is the group they're in. The number is also printed on their collar):G-2242

Last edited by a moderator:
I will try and have mine up soon. Please bear with me- finals are this week so I may not be on much, but after that I will be on winter break and have all the time in the world. All of it.

Emerson Wright
12341231_539352929565087_7187837966477473343_n.jpg

14 years old, ambiguously gendered (will be revealed later)

Abilities:
Night Vision, Amplified Hearing, Past Seeing (of certain things they touch)

Number
G-2460

Last edited by a moderator:
anime_girl_eyes_large_room_23426_2560x1440.jpg

Name: Sakura Queen
Abilities: Illusions
Number (EX: G-2345; G is the group they're in. The number is also printed on their collar):G-2242
Accepted

Emerson Wright

Abilities:
Night Vision, Amplified Hearing, Temporary Invisibility (approx 30 minutes, less when sick/wounded)

Number
G-2460
Okay, just a little hiccup.
Invisibility is perception, rather than sight/smell/taste/hearing, so just change that or change the other two abilities to adapt to perception rather than the human senses

Emerson Wright

Abilities:
Night Vision, Amplified Hearing, Photographic Memory

Number
G-2460
Okay uh, photographic memory has more to do with the mind than the senses, besides it's utterly useless since they have a literal mind-wiping device at hand XD

dWxrN3x.png

Name: Vionn (Pronounced Vee-on) Laiens
Abilities: Acceleration Manipulation: the ability to change the amount of acceleration on objects, to put it simply, the ability to change how fast something is moving. (Only works with objects with collective masses under 1.024 kilograms and within visible areas (absolute maximum radius is about 600 meters), that's 2.2575336 lbs for you Americans)
Gravtational Feilds Creation: the ability to create an area where gravity distorts (no bigger that 6 meters in radius, and no longer than 4 minutes)
Projectile Trajectory Control: Being able to change the trajectory of moving objects, has the same weight and area limit as Acceleration Manipulation
Number: G-2357​

Last edited:
dWxrN3x.png

Name: Vionn (Pronounced V-eon) Laiens
Abilities: Gravity & Acceleration Manipulation (Only works with objects with collective masses under 1.024 kilograms and within visible areas (absolute maximum radius is about 600 meters), that's 2.2575336 lbs for you Americans)
Number: G-2357​
Accepted yo. Nice drawing
I CANT DRAW EFFEN FINGERS MAN.

tumblr_mujcsxt6Sb1rj4u7uo1_500.gif

||Name||
Azalea Beau

||Age||

||Gender||
Female

||Abilities||
Telekinesis
Telekinesis is a mental ability to move physical objects without touching them. Azalea has yet to master this art, and can only move an object so far. This varies, as the weight of the objects vary.

Telepathy
Telepathy is when one can read others' minds and even communicate through thoughts. However, Azalea has yet to learn how to turn this off, so she's constantly hearing the thoughts of everyone. Usually, they're a jumbled mess, and she's accepted them as white noise, however she's how to focus on a single mind for a short amount of time.

Persuasion
Persuasion is the art of forcing others to follow Azalea's command. This was a relatively easy ability for Azalea to learn. She's also learned how to turn this power off and on, at will. The success rate of her followed orders is relatively high, however there are instances where her powers fail her.

||Number||
G-0806

Last edited:
thumb.jpg

Name: Sera (she never remembered her family name)
Abilities: White Noise
White Noise is an ability that interferes with various types of transmission and electrical signal. It interferes with all wavelengths and frequencies of the electromagnetic spectrum, and Sera may attempt to control how it interferes with them (though to varying degrees of success). She may also interfere with AC electrical signals (but not DC. AC is usually things connected to mains supply. Batteries are DC). The human body uses similar electrical signals and she can interfere with these, but only on a very limited scale. She cannot control this interference and it interferes only with people whom Sera has physical contact with. It causes difficulty constructing coherent thought and may induce headaches. People she is in contact with while this ability is active would think in a similar way to someone who had just woken up and was still tired.
Number: G - 0351
------------------------------------------------------------------

03_c_900x506.jpg

Name: Kanzaki Rio
Abilities: Predator
Rio has speed, strength, durability and agility that are slightly faster than an average person of her same build, which is a passive trait. She may declare something as "prey". Once she has done this, she will have an unrivaled ability to track that prey. She grows faster and stronger based on how superior she is to the one she determined "prey". This superiority is decided based on the attitudes of the predator and prey. The more that the prey fears the predator, the stronger the predator becomes. She may only declare one "prey" at a time, and after declaring a prey, she may not declare another one until that prey is dead or until 12 hours have passed.
Number: G - 4221

I'll have my characters up soon!

I think I'm going to create a male character as well! Hope you don't mind!

Oliver-vocaloid-oliver-30340269-170-240.jpg

Name: Oliver (Unable to remember family name)

Abilities:

"Sin" Manipulation - Oliver is able to bend and change his blood's shape and density, which would work well in any type of long distance fight or needing to reach something. He needs to cut himself to access his blood, or the ability won't work.

Beast - Oliver is able to remove any feeling of pain- more so forget what pain feels like, by forcing blood to flow into areas of his brain that disrupt certain nerves and areas. Though a severe downside; he will momentarily forget who everyone is/his objective, along with removing sanity or morality. This also has long term side effects, considering where the blood blocks the chemicals can permanently disrupt certain emotions or memories, which could cause a sort of insane alter ego or just having strange and sudden tendencies added to his normal behavior.

Number: G-4539

Status
Not open for further replies.