St. Annes Rehabilitation Centre [Signups/OOC] [ON LOCKDOWN] [SIGNUPS CURRENTLY CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't care enough to participate, why should you care what participants do after you leave? You seem to forget the role of a GM. A GM isn't there to control the RP and proclaim definites, they exist to provide a setting and to nudge the plot in the right direction. The players of an RP are just as important as the GM is, and if it bothers you so much that the outcome of an RP may differ from your original intentions then it makes me question whether you'd be better off writing a book instead of making an RP.

A way you would't want it to...like....what way?

If you don't care enough to participate, why should you care what participants do after you leave? You seem to forget the role of a GM. A GM isn't there to control the RP and proclaim definites, they exist to provide a setting and to nudge the plot in the right direction. The players of an RP are just as important as the GM is, and if it bothers you so much that the outcome of an RP may differ from your original intentions then it makes me question whether you'd be better off writing a book instead of making an RP.
Okay, okay, okay.
I just have a few trust issues with people, alright? It's like in the instance I lend someone a toy. Normally for me, the person either breaks it or claims it as their own, or in this case, I pass the rp over, I fear the person would mess the plotline up somewhere and tear it from my original intentions, and go in a completely different way which may possible be a way I did not want. Though at the same time I understand your point; I shouldn't be paranoid about what could happen before it happens, or if it even DOES have a possibility of happening. Though at the same time it's my roleplay and I decide whether to let it live or tear it.
But since you're insisting I should just pass it on to someone and give them the guidelines to what they should do with it, I'll do that again. If it fails once again, I don't know anymore.

A way you would't want it to...like....what way?
Like doing something like maybe making the kid's escape possible too soon, or not make the experiments torturous and clever, maybe even ironic in nature.
I'll look for someone to take over, though.. I'm not sure who would want to be a GM, and I don't want to force responsibility on anyone.

Okay, okay, okay.
I just have a few trust issues with people, alright? It's like in the instance I lend someone a toy. Normally for me, the person either breaks it or claims it as their own, or in this case, I pass the rp over, I fear the person would mess the plotline up somewhere and tear it from my original intentions, and go in a completely different way which may possible be a way I did not want. Though at the same time I understand your point; I shouldn't be paranoid about what could happen before it happens, or if it even DOES have a possibility of happening. Though at the same time it's my roleplay and I decide whether to let it live or tear it.
But since you're insisting I should just pass it on to someone and give them the guidelines to what they should do with it, I'll do that again. If it fails once again, I don't know anymore.
It's nothing like that though at all. You're lending someone a toy so you're intending to get it back. This is more like: You and some friends build a tree fort. You decide you don't like the tree fort anymore, so even though all your friends still like it, you decide to burn it to the ground because you can't stand the idea that they may change the flag from blue to red, even though it's none of your concern and you could just go home. You believe you have authority over the condition of the tree fort though, because you were the one who said "hey guys, lets build a tree fort!"

It's nothing like that though at all. You're lending someone a toy so you're intending to get it back. This is more like: You and some friends build a tree fort. You decide you don't like the tree fort anymore, so even though all your friends still like it, you decide to burn it to the ground because you can't stand the idea that they may change the flag from blue to red, even though it's none of your concern and you could just go home. You believe you have authority over the condition of the tree fort though, because you were the one who said "hey guys, lets build a tree fort!"
Well I don't want to argue anymore, but it's more like I had the idea and made the tree fort (Since I'm the only one who made the plot to this rp).
I'll appoint a GM if it makes you happy, alrighty?

But the RP would never have existed without the players. It's the players that make the RP. As I said before, GMs are largely irrelevant, they exist solely to keep the characters on track. I've seen plenty of RPs that have worked fine without any GM at all, a testimony to the idea that GMs aren't necessary.

But the RP would never have existed without the players. It's the players that make the RP. As I said before, GMs are largely irrelevant, they exist solely to keep the characters on track. I've seen plenty of RPs that have worked fine without any GM at all, a testimony to the idea that GMs aren't necessary.
..So what are you saying...
I.. SHOULD appoint a GM to take over for me, or that I shouldn't and just force myself to like it? You're giving me some mixed views here o~o

I'm saying you should let the RP continue; shutting it down isn't really your call to make - it's no one's call. Or what are you going to do if someone decided to restart the RP, report them? Rather than appointing a GM, it should be up to the players to either volunteer or nominate one. If no one volunteers, that's fine, the RP dies and you get your way. If someone does volunteer, what do you lose?

I'm also saying that your opinion of what an RP actually is is wrong. You seem to think that the RP is created solely by its GM, but it's not. The GM plays only a minor role - providing a setting for the players to write their story in. You didn't build this tree fort alone - without players it would be nothing more than a pile of wood and nails waiting to be built.

I'm saying you should let the RP continue; shutting it down isn't really your call to make - it's no one's call. Or what are you going to do if someone decided to restart the RP, report them? Rather than appointing a GM, it should be up to the players to either volunteer or nominate one. If no one volunteers, that's fine, the RP dies and you get your way. If someone does volunteer, what do you lose?

I'm also saying that your opinion of what an RP actually is is wrong. You seem to think that the RP is created solely by its GM, but it's not. The GM plays only a minor role - providing a setting for the players to write their story in. You didn't build this tree fort alone - without players it would be nothing more than a pile of wood and nails waiting to be built.
But someone has to be around to make sure everyone is following the rules. That's the purpose of a GM; to make sure nothing falls apart. If there's no one supervising the construction, everyone's going to want to do their own thing and it probably won't even be the same exact treehouse. There's more than one way to make a tree house, and if no one is there to say "Hey, the tree house is X shape, don't put that there", then no one is going to know what the hell to do. GMs regulate what's going on, without a GM there is CHAOS.
And stop acting like I've done nothing important for this rp, because without me spending 5 hours thinking of a method, forming the plot, and even making this thread, this rp wouldn't exist. I'm putting my foot down; this is MY rp, and MY rules. If I want to shut it down, it shuts down. If I want someone to take my place, i'll have someone take my place. That's like trying to run a goddamn company without a CEO or anyone to manage the employees. Has anyone here spent 5 bloody hours working on plot devices and a method? NO. Giving attention to an rp IS important, but it isn't just members that make the rp. Again, if I HAD NOT MAKE THE BLOODY THREAD, this rp would NOT even exist.
I appreciate all the attention everyone has given, but If I do NOT like what direction something I made is going, I have all the right to take matters into my own hands. No one else is bothered by this but you, don't you think that's a bit of a problem? I've tried being passive but you keep acting like im doing a terrible thing by doing something with MY rp. That I spent time to make. That I created the world of. I'm not trying to be rude or aggressive, but you're going as far as to act like im Satan or Hitler for wanting to do my job.

If I want to shut this down and move onto better and different things, I have ALL THE RIGHT to do so. It's my decision that counts here, not yours, not anyone else's. I am again sorry for anyone who did like this rp, but I've grown to think it was a bad idea to make, I may even come back again with a more detailed and complex idea to change this, which is why I don't want anyone else running the show that I created. But for right now, I want to have this on lockdown. If I see any threads with MY material, I will report for theft.

"Theft" 'fraid it doesn't work like that. You abandon your content and it's not theft anymore. It's only theft if I were to copy your RP while this was still running. It's called "Restarting" not "theft". Or would you cry "theft" if you were to throw a painting in a bin and a hobo came along and took it out of the bin?

Or do you have a copyright claim on the idea of an underground facility to contain children with magical powers? Where's your patent?

"Theft" 'fraid it doesn't work like that. You abandon your content and it's not theft anymore. It's only theft if I were to copy your RP while this was still running. It's called "Restarting" not "theft". Or would you cry "theft" if you were to throw a painting in a bin and a hobo came along and took it out of the bin?

Or do you have a copyright claim on the idea of an underground facility to contain children with magical powers? Where's your patent?
I just said I'd have this on lockdown. I may come back to it at a later point. It's like stopping a story in the time of writing it, and then someone else comes along and copies it. Then when you're going back to writing you find out someone had taken part of your story and finish it their own way. Without your permission. It's against to law to steal anything from anyone, copywrite or not. If it isn't yours and you haven't been granted permission, you shouldn't take it.

Seeing as no one else is complaining about this but you, I'm putting this conversation to rest.

This RP will be on lockdown. I may come back and rewrite it if i've thought of better writing to liven the experience. If anyone takes it without getting my okay and RPs it and acts like it's their's, I WILL REPORT THEFT OF MY MATERIAL. No one has the right to take material that i've worked hard on without my permission. On a lesser note, If I DO come back to this and rewrite it, I will post a new thread and put the link in THIS post and remove this message. Stay tuned.

I never suggested acting like it was mine. It is possible for you to GM an RP when you didn't think of the idea yourself, yknow.

Also, really? 5 hours? This is 30 mins of idea, max.

I never suggested acting like it was mine. It is possible for you to GM an RP when you didn't think of the idea yourself, yknow.

You shouldn't assume how much time it took to make an idea and write it down.
I decided I want to just put it on hold, so it may be possible to revive it in the future. It's my decision, and I may want to make it better and more interesting than it is now.

I just said I'd have this on lockdown. I may come back to it at a later point. It's like stopping a story in the time of writing it, and then someone else comes along and copies it. Then when you're going back to writing you find out someone had taken part of your story and finish it their own way. Without your permission. It's against to law to steal anything from anyone, copywrite or not. If it isn't yours and you haven't been granted permission, you shouldn't take it.

Seeing as no one else is complaining about this but you, I'm putting this conversation to rest.

This RP will be on lockdown. I may come back and rewrite it if i've thought of better writing to liven the experience. If anyone takes it without getting my okay and RPs it and acts like it's their's, I WILL REPORT THEFT OF MY MATERIAL. No one has the right to take material that i've worked hard on without my permission. On a lesser note, If I DO come back to this and rewrite it, I will post a new thread and put the link in THIS post and remove this message. Stay tuned.

I am sad that this is ending, I thought it was a great idea. Please do tell me when it is up again. T-T

Why are you being such a bitch?

Alright, I overstepped the mark with that one. I shouldn't have said that and I apologise. I shan't be taking back anything else though.

Status
Not open for further replies.