Spyridon Stathis Boarding School for Young Demigods

{Levi states after she put up the assignment due at the end of class. And I don't think anyone would know Levi, she's an alumni but never subbed before as it states its her first time. And Excalibur, that's cool that you said Mina intimidates people}

Mina decided not to deal with the girl. She didn't know if her suspicions were true of the other being stuck up. But she found it betterer to partner up with the only other kid like her. The cold one. She called him that since she didn't know his name and he always had a fearful taste to him. Everyone but a few, like Mina, feared him. She did not, as she had no fears.

She walked up to the cold one. She sat down in front of him, facing opposite her desk while staring at him. She wanted him to initiat the conversation. It was a gamble, as he might not talk. But she herself would never speak first.

((Whoops, my bad I think!))

Zarek's dark brows rose as Abe mentioned his hobby of choice and found the idea of the large and rugged-looking classmate roasting a haunch of meat oddly fitting. "Cooking's good," he said a little awkwardly. "And I'm not much of a gamer myself; spent all my time outside as a kid and it's still where I prefer to be."

Taking a moment to also look around and note the chilly newcomer, Zarek couldn't help but agree. The haughty, aloof way that his other classmates behaved was rather off-putting. "Yeah, but I guess if you're raised to be the pedigreed child of a deity it might give you a little bit of a superiority complex." He grinned again, happy to have met someone so easy to relate to and leaned in conspiratorially, "But the girls aren't bad to look at, even if they wouldn't give me the time of day."

Mind back on the assignment, Zarek began to jot down the few things his mother had told him. The news about his sister being a goddess in her own right was still strange to him as well and he included it in his notes. "Yeah, I think she did say that this thing was due at the end of class. There goes the library idea, then. Maybe it won't be graded after all, like those 'What I Did Over The Summer' essays in primary school." Zarek mused hopefully, a little chagrined at his lack of proper content.

Abe nodded and continued working on the assignment as Zarek spoke, but at the mention of the girls he paused a moment before setting his pen back down and looking around the room again, paying more attention to his female classmates this time. His grin widened as an idea began to take form in his mind. After Zarek was finished speaking Abe began to stand up, and began speaking in an oddly formal manner.

"I do believe you have a point! Our fellow classmates do seem to have been raised with some knowledge of their parenthood. I believe I have a solution that would benefit everyone involved, after all we wouldn't want a poor grade on our first assignment!"

Giving Zarek a jovial wink, Abe set off in the direction of the lone girl seated by the window, motioning with his hand to Zarek to follow his lead.

He stared at Abe like the taller boy had just grown another head while his eyes went wide with fear and his face got redder by the minute. His new friend was a madman; not that Abe would have any trouble with girls when he looked like that after all, but a madman nonetheless. Gathering his notebook and pencil, Zarek stood and followed Abe on his way to the girl with the long, dark hair; he felt more lost now than he did in the hallways before class.

The icy white-haired boy and aloof red-haired girl were already partnered and if he was going to be a third wheel he was at least going to go where there was some sort of familiarity. Raising a hand to the seated girl in greeting, he stood and tried not to fidget.

When the girl had sat down in front of him, Sieghart ignored her - he too, had expected her to make conversation first. After all, that is merely common courtesy if you pulled up a chair before someone without even asking and merely sat there staring, doing nothing else at all. On a separate piece of paper he made notes of a list of other Gods and Goddesses, Major or Minor that he knew about over his years in this school and was getting ready to pick one when he realised that the girl didn't have any intention to move away any time soon.

He couldn't work with someone staring at him in his peripheral vision like that. It just ticked him off.

Looking up, Sieghart's face was in its perpetual scowl and he spoke at the girl in English slightly tainted by the accent of his native heritage.

"If you would like to work together for this assignment - Tell me about your own immortal parent, not sit there and stare."

After a few minutes, the cold one spoke. She could feel the tension grow thicker as his irritation seemed to grow. Than she put herself in his shoes. She would've been irritated too, so it seemed fair that he was. But she didn't know where to start. She had two heritages. A former goddess and a God. So she decided best to talk of her father.

"My father is Seth. He is the Egyptian God of desert storms. As you can tell," she said, letting sand flow through the gourd and around her arm, "I have his genes. Though his powers are strong, he can't control them as I do. His power flares with his anger. But all deserts have a calm side. Do they not? I guess I'm the balance or the other half to the whole puzzle of life." Her voice was even and calm. Almost monotone. "Now, tell me about yourself, cold one."

Sieghart listened through her brief monologue regarding her godly heritage and he nodded, his pen shooting across the paper as he scribbled down an equally long paragraph that was substantiated by his own knowledge of the Egyptian God. Once he was done, he looked up at Mina blankly, not even choosing to speak to her but merely pushed forward the piece of paper he had been writing on, which contained his own paragraph on his immortal mother, Skadi.

Seeing as Mina had given him a glimpse of her own power, Sieghart thought it only polite to do do in return. He raised the stone gauntlet that radiated waves of chilly air from it, and with a simple mental command the air around the gauntlet froze to turn into the form of a bow, and without even looking Sieghart fired an arrow from it.

The arrow flew across the room and pinned a note a boy had been passing to the girl in front of him into a wall.

Tap, tap, tap.

Belle twitched her left ear as she was gazing outside.

Tap, tap, tap.

The person behind her was tapping his pencil against the desk. She didn't bother to turn around to tell him to stop. Plus, he stopped anyone once he figured out what to write. The room was rather silent, it seemed as though some people have stopped talking and are already writing their assignments. As for Belle, she supposed she was finished with her assignment. Plus, she never really had interest in the lore of the gods, only their abilities and their demi-god's abilities.

The sand girl, whom Belle thought as agitating, began to speak. She listened to her words clearly, for they seemed to be louder than everyone else. That is most likely because she was close to whom she was talking with, and because she was paying more attention towards her.

Her words seemed as though she was bragging. As if she had something to show off to everyone. Did she mean for Belle or other people to hear her? Or perhaps that was just how loud she believed she was speaking. Nevertheless, she seemed as though the man started off with a mean comment. She definitely seemed stuck-up and self-centered. Even though she was monotone, her body language and the words she spoke seemed as though she was better than everyone else.

Perhaps she gets her angry presence from her father. The last few words she spoke seemed to give Belle a chuckle. The other half to the whole puzzle of life? Please. Belle didn't believe just a mere person like her would have such importance; nor did she have the right attitude to be of such importance.

Belle never shared her God with any of the other classmates. Not once has she ever spoken to anyone about her God. Never has any of the teachers even mentioned it to her classmates. Her God is something that she sword not to tell anyone. For the reason that people wouldn't know how to see her as, perhaps deadly like Zeus himself, or weak, like a simple fury. Even when in combat training with others, she has never truly used her power, she simply uses the acrobats and the skills she knows with the weapons she uses. Her bow and a sword is all she really needs to fight, and only in life or death situations, she will use her power.

She looked up to the people that approached her. Her voice was calm, mature, and beautiful,"Hello". Just that simple word could describe that she was a wonderful singer. A voice that most people admire hearing. She heard a thud, and looked to her right immediately.

She didn't jump at the sound of the arrow hitting the wall. She simply awaited to see what the punishment would be from the teacher. It was vandalizing the room to create a hole in the wall, or even to fire a weapon and use powers in general. It could have been seen as an offense to the boy as well, not to mention how he would feel about the arrow almost hitting his hand.

Abe continued across the classroom at a steady pace, friendly grin adoring his face all the while. The young women he was approaching greeted him as he neared, speaking in one of the most beautiful voices the large boy had ever heard. Gotta admit, he mused to himself, she's definitely a pretty one. Abe stretched out his hand politely and introduced himself.
"Hi there, I'm Abraham Anderson, my friends call me Abe. Pleasure to meet you!"
He turned toward Zarek and gestured toward his friend with his free hand.
"And this is my buddy-" As he was introducing the smaller demi-god a frozen arrow was launched across the room and embedded in a wall, causing Abe to lose his train of though and jump slightly.
"Christ!", he exclaimed, staring at the arrow for a moment before searching the class for the one who fired it, completely distracted from his previous concentration and forgetting that his hand was still held toward the young lady in front of him.

Zarek looked up, wide eyed, from where he crouched behind a desk after the arrow flew past. A hot flush of red was creeping over his face and he had to fight to find his voice. Standing and trying to look casual, he offered a little wave to Belle. "Zarek; I'm Zarek. Pleased to meet you. Uhm... the assignment..." he mumbled, looking away quickly.

She's cute! I'm an idiot. And Abe's nuts. Doing real good on your first day here, Zar. Clearing his throat and flashing a smile even though he was scared to death, he spoke once more: "It's our first day at this school. Seems pretty...uh... exciting here. Any way we could work on this assignment as a group? We saw you were alone and we both don't know much about our-" he paused, unsure of what exactly to say before settling on "-pantheons. Our pantheons."

Smooth.

She hesitated to shake his hand. They gave off a rather -- shall we say, ignorant presence. Belle was used to the more elegant types of people, whereas they seemed like more of brutes. Perhaps that of a piglet. It was difficult to describe them in her own head, but she still shook his hand as a sign of kindness. She never bothered to tell her name to them really, but more or less listen to their stuttering sentences, filled with nervousness. She hesitated to respond, she didn't want to turn them down so rudely, but she did anyway. "I don't work well in groups."

That's all she said to them, never even introduced herself before she spoke that single statement. She simply left it at that, and awaited for a response. She contained her straight posture, and continued to look at Zarek in the eye as a sign of independence and strong-willed woman. Many say that woman can never look people in the eye, though Belle believed it was one of the many easy things she could do. She sat there, with her legs crossed.

She might have had a beautiful face, but that was the only thing appealing about this haughty girl. Snapped out of his shyness by the girl's dismissal and unnerved by the way she was looking at him, a frown crossed his face. The serious set of his brow and the defiant angle of his jaw made him look older, and his hazel eyes darkened. Breaking contact with the girl's gaze, he clapped a hand on Abe's shoulder. He had to reach up to do it.

"I think we had this one pegged before we even came over this way, buddy. Sorry to have bothered you, miss." Zarek turned to walk back to his own desk, his mouth a thin line of a frown. There was no reason so be so rude, he mused, it seems a pedigree really did make some of these people think they were superior. If that was the case, he frankly wanted nothing to do with it. He'd got enough bullying and rudeness in public school just for the color of his skin.

Sitting down and flipping open his notebook with perhaps a bit more force than was really necessary, Zarek went back to fleshing out his report and fuming.

Abe had identified the source of the arrow almost instantly, seeing as it could only have come from one person. Losing interest, he watched the exchange in front of him with increasing displeasure. Maintaining his grin for his friends' sake, he simply stood there until Zarek had enough. After the younger demigod began walking off, Abe's smile faded. crossing his massive arms, he leaned over toward the girl in front of him, bringing their faces within inches of each-other.

Staring her in the eye, he simply stated: "Keep that up and you're going to have a sad, lonely, unfulfilled life." All traces of his usual joviality were gone, leaving the large boy uncharacteristically serious. After a around ten seconds of silent staring, Abe straightened himself and started away, arms still crossed. "Loosen up a little, I promise that you'll be happier for it." He said quietly, not even looking over his shoulder.

Returning to his place near Zareks' desk, Abe sank back into his chair. "Well, I guess that could have gone better.", he mused, smiling again. "Guess we're going to have to figure out something else for the assignment."

Belle chuckled at their silly comments, one was ignorant, the other was arrogant. Or perhaps it could go both ways. They both shared the same traits, cockiness, arrogance, stupidity, all of which was a trait that she believed described a common fool. She stood up from her chair, standing tall in the increasing sunlight,"What? Did I strike a nerve?" Her voice echoed throughout the class, a dead silence from most of the classmates to look at her. "That's no way to treat a woman; but I guess a childish fool like you won't seem to understand something as vague as that." She put her left hand on her hip, moving her ponytail behind her,"Your incorrect. Out of all the years of my life, nothing has gone completely wrong. You're one to talk when you don't even know how to treat others. If someone turns you or your arrogant friend down, you don't become hostile. Though, I don't believe you understand what's coming from my lips, now do you?" She left it at that.

She stood near the window, her power coming from the sun, although, nobody would know what her power truly was. Even the students were surprised that he was picking a fight with her, not only that, but a man picking a fight with a woman was unjust. Many saw it that way just by how close he came to her face. She was calm, perfectly calm. In fact, she was used to this sort of thing. Crushing people's pride whenever they decided to argue with her, or try to fight her. Belle was good at this kind of stuff.

As the woman delivered her retort, Abe stood from his chair, rising to his full height. As she spoke, a scowl crept it's way onto his face. After she finished, Abe crossed his arms and remained silent for a full minute. It seemed as if time had frozen in the classroom as he glared at the long-haired girl.

Suddenly, his face cracked as he let out a restrained giggle, which quickly grew into a full, booming laugh that shook his entire body. He continued to guffaw in this fashion for a few minutes, rocking to and fro while holding his sides. When he had finally regained his breath, Abe's customary care-free grin was back in it's place.

"Man, I just love people like you!", he finally said, still chuckling. "Always so up-tight and serious! And quick to judge, at that!" He sat back down, shaking his head a little. "I might be an idiot, but if that's how it's gotta be if I want to enjoy myself, then I'm alright with it! I feel a bit sorry for you actually, I mean a life where nothing's gone wrong at all? That sounds so boring!" Abe craned his neck to look around the still-silent classroom. "Oh come on people, don't let her get to you. You're young! You've each got a big life ahead of you, enjoy it to the fullest!" Turning back toward Zarek, he added "Honestly, it's like nobody here actually wants to have any fun!"

Putting his hands behind his head, Abe reclined farther into his chair. For all of his talk, he sincerely hoped that the serious young woman would let it be and return to her solitude. Things were already a bit too unsettled for Abe's liking. And of course he let her remark regarding hostility go unanswered. Hostility was one thing Abe preferred avoiding at all costs, knowing what had happened when he let his temper loose.

She listened to his cackle. Rather amused by the fact that he is unable to come up with a response to what she has said. But once she heard his voice, she instantly responded. Her arms were now at her side, still standing, firm, and tall. "Did I strike a nerve? Is that all you can say for yourself? All I said was that I don't work well in groups. Going face to face with a woman is something that's frowned upon. Especially since I did nothing wrong." The two were equivalent to children, confused, arrogant, and all the other traits that would describe a child. Perhaps this was his fit that he was pulling, especially with the look in his eyes when he came close to her.

She paused for a moment before continuing,
"I never argued or even spoke to any of the other students here. It never was a necessity; assuming things like that makes you seem like a fool." She looked to the front desk, it seems as though the teacher wasn't here. No wonder why the student shooting the arrow has not been punished yet,"It's all fun and games to you. While you don't see life as it should be. Keep an attitude like that and it surely will get you killed." She hesitated again before speaking. If he were to say anything she would interrupt him with her final statement,"I don't suppose arguing with a woman and having such a cocky attitude is fun. Though, most children do tend to believe that kind of thing is fun."

She took her seat. Looking out the window, the light around her seemed to be bright. Very bright. Although it was still early in the morning, it was brighter than usual. Although, her eyes were not affected the light, her sight remained perfect, and at it's peak.

After the rigid young woman had delivered what Abe had to admit was a rather scathing set of insults, she took her seat and appeared to be finished. Abe simply waved his hand, as if to say that she wasn't worth the trouble. Still facing Zarek, he simply stated "People around here sure are quick to go off." Leaning to the side, Abe retrieved his pen and paper from the desk where he had left them. He flashed a grin at his friend before asking, "Well, what should a pair of fools such as ourselves do about this assignment? It's turning out to be a bit more difficult than I thought."

"You're one to talk." That is the only thing she said as she stared him down from her seat.

If Abe was an arrogant fool of a madman, Zarek was glad to call him "friend" and to be in the same category. He was also thankful for the other boy's ability to brush off someone who was so obviously spoiling for a fight, and found a deep-seated respect for his classmate. Pushing the confrontation- and insults- from his mind, Zarek grinned back.

"We'll just have to put our two fool heads together and embellish as much as we can," he shuffled some papers about, jotting down a few notes. "If you can remember anything from geography about Iraq, I might be able to put some creative touches on your Norse heritage. At the very least, the teacher might just get a kick out of how much stuff we make up." The smaller boy said with a quiet chuckle.