Spyridon Stathis Boarding School for Demigods

Ah it was all just a bit of miss communication my apologies beauty. To help everyone understand The power to create ice is simple and the mass at the start can be no bigger then him or his body weight. it is mainly used for mobility creating sheets of ice under his person to quickly slide with ease. yes seeing the dead and spirits is just something minor, maybe in the far future he can summon beings from the river of sticks. The serpents gaze is nothing harmful it just makes it so if he concentrated he could stop someone in their tracks by making eye contact or to draw someone in. for example say for some strange reason i need someone to come over to me without speaking out loud i could just get in eye to eye contact and draw them in. It's more or less a beauty aspect. and the other abilities are stuff that he does not have yet and wont till a while. He also has an ability wich allows him to give someone the gift of a painless death but only if they are suffering and willing its nothing for combat. He has alot of minor ability's that when used correctly it could potentially be devastating. He only has his so to speak level one skills, since he just found out he is the son of Hades god of the underworld death and the unseen. I am happy to answer any questions and i would love to see our characters grow. The way he does most of his damage is via scythe that he conjures up from the pits of the underworld.

Alright. That's pretty good.

If, in fact, you do decide to become stronger in the RP that would be reasonable. :)

Name: Zarek Parsi

Year: Sophomore

Godly Mother/Father: Ninsar/Father unknown

What Culture They Are From: Sumerian

Appearance: Zarek is neither remarkably tall nor short, and his body seems to hint at a wiry strength that could be developed into real muscle if only he were to work at it a bit. His face is finely proportioned and somewhat delicate, high cheekbones and a squarish jaw hinting at the exotic handsomeness that he will grow into as he becomes a man. However, right now it just makes him a little self-conscious and awkward. Hazel eyes, their color in constant flux, are often concealed by a fringe of rich brown curls that he is ever brushing back out of his eyes. His skin is coffee-and-cream, and always seems warm.

Personality: Introspective, sincere, and kind. He is a quiet boy and enjoys gardening and being outside.

History:
Zarek had a very fulfilling, mostly normal childhood. He never knew his father, but his exuberant busybody mother was more than capable of taking care of him. His elder sister was already out of the house, so he was doted on like an only child a lot of the time and was often to be seen out of school and tagging along with his mother as she went about overseeing her booming landscaping business in central Florida. As he grew older and was starting high school, he began to come into his powers. Needless to say, this was troubling for a boy who was already going through so many physical changes already. It was then that his mother sought to enroll him in Spyridon Stathis.

Welcome aboard xD Glad to have you along, I was about to start sending PMs to random people and friends ^3^

Name: Mina Neferet
Year: Junior
Godly Mother/Father: Minerva and Seth
What Culture They Are From: Rome and Egyptian.
Appearance: female_gaara_by_itachigarradragon1.jpg
Personality: quiet, self reserved, discontent and aloof.
History: Her mother lost all her godly abilities and searched for a way to gain power. Having betrayed Zeus, she was punished with immortality and doomed to walk the earth until the end of time. She searched far and wide for an answer. Finally, she stumbled upon an ancient temple in Egypt which worshipped the ancient Egyptian God Seth. She prayed to him and after a month, Seth took pity on the once powerful goddess. He impregnated her, and their child came to be. Mina, having been born of the sand, took in a desert personality. She grew up with her mother who told tales of her goddess times. Eventually, Mina wanted to leave the temple where she grew up and toured the world. Then Seth guided her from above, sending her in the direction of London where she heard of a Demi God school. She started there at the age 14 and is now a junior.
Anything else : has the ability to manipulate sand. Always carries a large gourd of sand anywhere she goes. (She is loosely based off of gaara)

Looking good, but the school is for half-gods....typically, if a god has a child with another, the child is also a god...

Yes beauty, the only one that I find to fit. And equinox. I stated that equinox was not a God during the time of being conceived and birth. Minerva may have wanted to become a Goddess again but decided having her child live as a demigod was good enough.

I do find it odd that Minerva was stripper of her powers. Did that occur in her lore? I'm not quite fond of her, but I can't seem to find where she got them taken away.

That being said, would Mina ever get power from the once Goddess Minerva? Just because she had them taken away, her daughter may inherit some of her long-lost powers.

It is actually an interpretation. The death of polytheism into monotheism. She lost her powers from loss of followers, which is where they gained their power. And no. I only want her gaining powers of Seth. Seth was an Egyptian God of desert storms. But this is my own unique character. I thought having a once goddess and a God having a child would be very unique and very original for what I'm creating it for.

Alrighty then?

Question: How come Minerva is the only one that loses her power from lack of worshipers? I don't think anyone worships gods since this is put in a modern-day lifestyle.

You really want to know others characters?

I was kind of going along with a wrath of the titans back story pertaining to the loss of powers. Since Seth was not a Greek/Roman God, he did not lose his powers. Though, I see where that could go wrong for certain characters who have Roman/Greek gods as parents such as Adrias. I guess I could say she lost her powers for betraying Zeus.

Would you like to know more of my character or have anymore questions? I will change history to say she betrayed Zeus and as punishment walks the earth as an immortal but not a God. So Mina cannot have abilities from Minerva and is still considered a demigod.

Yes beauty, the only one that I find to fit. And Equinox I stated that Equinox was not a God during the time of being conceived and birth. Minerva may have wanted to become a Goddess again but decided having her child live as a demigod was good enough.

Okay. I suppose that makes sense. Got confused for a second, because of your context, in red...

*facepalm* sorry, dyslexia kicked in. :p is my character ok?

Yeah, it is

Attention everyone! I'm currently drawing the school's coat of arms/emblem, and it should be posted tomorrow night at the latest! By the end of the week, I'll maybe have the IC up and running!

I like it, i mean its rp not every aspec has to exactly make sense its all for a good read/time right?

But I can't wait a week D: that's a long time. Anything could happen. The world could end, bin laden can cone out of hiding and strike the us with commercial planes, a t-rex could come and chew my hands off and eat my computer, a zombie could start an apocalypse. Soooo much could happen. :d sorry, I'm impatient.

I am too. I'm just giving enough time for more people to join, because I don't know how often everyone posts, so someone might want in, and we'd already have fifty-bajillion posts. Plus, it gives me enough time to create plenty of propaganda for it xD