Spooky's Halloween Party [Non-Canon]

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Tuck. What say we go have us a little talk with one of them guests what got here before we did?"
"Sure, it can't hurt. But which one?"
"The one what was lookin at the drinks like someone spit in her beer."
"Ah yeah, I remember the one."
"Mary, right?"
"Yup"

And so they headed off to do just that. Off to speak with Mary.

@york @ whomever #Mary's room

hkQqWs3.png

"Sort of... I couldn't catch the whole thing... But... She did." Utsuro said quietly.

She pointed towards that blonde haired girl that she had been starting intently at before.

fI0imxi.png

She still seemed to be looking at the refreshment table, where a row of cups were neatly lined up, minus a few missing drinks.

Yuzu appeared to be saying something all of a sudden, but the rest became a blur... Oddly enough, was it just her tiredness, or something else at work?

Continued from Round 1
Round 2 - Cutting Corners

All throughout the mansion, everyone's visions seemed to fade, and their senses left them... There was a brief moment of silence, before Spooky's image appeared in everyone's minds once more, looks like she had something else to say, though she took a good glance at her wrist, as if she had a watch there (which she did not) before she spoke.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Oh! Would you look at the time! Hmm... What to do... Oh! I know! When you wake up, I'll each of the suspects to this murder be in the other bedrooms! Find out what you can, and submit a vote for who you think did it! At the end of the day, I'll tally together the votes, and if the killer got the most votes... You win! I'll let you go home!" She said, though her expression fell a little.

z71491e.png

"Mmmh, I shoulda started this thing earlier... So little time, so much I wanted to do..." She mumbled to herself.

Then, she was gone, and everyone's senses slowly returned to the,.

It was hard to tell how much time had passed, but all the same, everyone woke up in an individual bedroom (duos fortunately ended up in the same room as one another). At first, it was a little hard to tell where their location was, but the feeling of soft, velvety sheets and a distinct smell of mahogany seemed to give away where they were.

BmLtdyz.jpg

Other than the maps in their hands, everyone would notice something else too, a case "file" of sorts with compiled notes on each and every one of the suspects, as well as a brief recap on the case itself.

Victim:

Poniko

Cause of Death:

A Poisoned Drink

Evidence Found:

- Mostly empty cup of pink lemonade, likely laced with something.
- Open bottle of unidentified poison
- A blue cap and matching jacket
- Cap and Jacket had traced of brownish, or yellowish hair on it (hard to tell which)

Suspects:

Mishiro Usui

3D5XBcw.png

- Was at the party with Poniko before the other guests (players) showed up
- A bit of an introvert

Ayato Hinohara

RWuD1bC.png

- Oddly perceptive

Yuzu Hanasaki

lzunvT8.png

- Tries a little too hard to be cheerfull

Utsuro Hinohara

hkQqWs3.png

- Blunt, and filled with a blank stare

Ib

HOzARFl.png

- Hasn't said a word

Gary

FAehMPK.png

- Looks a little pale (stress?)

Mary

fI0imxi.png

- Stared intently at a set of drinks since the murder was revealed

"Blue"

???

(Picture unavailable:
Assassin looking bloke with a blue, wide brimmed hat,
medieval looking garb, mostly blue, minus the brown shoes and red cape,
has a head of blonde hair)

- Exited the ballroom to help search for clues

It was noted that all the bedroom doors are now hanging open, and peering outside, one could spot the dark, gloomy bedroom halls once more, only this time, there were signs on certain doors, indicating where the murder suspects were housed.

wU6MhHs.jpg

The First room of n ote was a particularly large bedroom that according to the sign on the side, contained Mishiro, Yuzu, Ayato, and Utsuro.

The Second was a moderate sized bedroom, which was where Ib, Mary, and Gary were staying.

Lastly, there was a small sized bedroom, where Blue resided.

It is probably optimal to start questioning the NPC's, as they probably had more to share than they had left off with.

On the other hand, one could also try exploring the mansion if they were feeling venturous... But beware, there was a more ominous air about the areas outside of the bedrooms now, and there was the chance things might not be entirely the same.

All in all, people are advised to vote for who they suspect the killer is ICly, they will be tallied by the final round, which will happen around October 31st to November 1 OOC wise, so be mindfull to submit a final vote then! Changing votes is allowed until that point, and remember, duos use up one vote per pair.

The mansion map is not entirely trustworthy anymore.
Exploring the mansion may pose alot more risk than reward than before.

(OOC Note:
Due to some time limitations,
and well, my decrease in activity thanks to school, Imma try and
speed things up a little, cut to the chase.

This thing might go beyond the 31st a little.

Apologies for slow activity, and well,
my GMing skills being kinda bleh.)

Cast

@Archmage Jeremiah as Angela, the Witch of the Wilds from Overwatch

@Atomyk as Yuki Takeya from School-Live!

@Bomb as K-Sha from the Hyperdimension Neptunia series

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Crimson Spartan as Keaton & Asugi from the Fire Emblem series

@Crow as Mirei Hayasaka & Layla from the Idolmaster; Cinderella Girls

@C.T. as Doctor Aphra from Star Wars

@Dec as Jacket from Hotline Miami

@Hana as Wadanohara from Wadanohara and the Great Blue Sea

@Hospes as Emerald Sustrai & Neopolitan from RWBY

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu & Seaplane Tender Princess from the Kantai Collection

@Kaykay as Koto from Kyosogiga

@Klutzy Ninja Kitty as Crona Gorgon from Soul Eater

@Krieg as Reynauld the Crusador from Darkest Dungeon

@LuckycoolHawk9 as Scooby Doo & Scrappy Doo from the Scooby-Doo franchise

@Mari as Alice Cullen from Twilight

@Michale CS as Tucker & Dale from Tucker & Dale vs Evil

@Minerva as Ada Wong from Resident Evil

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@Sen as Kana from the Fire Emblem Series

@Mason Moretti as Gym Leader Valerie from the Pokemon Franchise

@Takumi as Morgan Lowell from the Fire Emblem Series

@TheColourlessRainbow as Lizzy from ??? (OC)

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

@Verdegris as Herbet Pulmer from ??? (OC)

@Verite as Richter Belmont from Castlevania & MIki Naoki from School-Live!

@wakely as Wilson from Don't Starve

@Yun Lee as Sakura Kasunago & Dan Hibiki from Street Fighter

It seemed Wilson wouldn't have to keep looking at the were-wolf after all, as he was simply not in the Trophy Room anymore. He was in a bedroom, on a bed, with irritatingly strong memories of the ghost girl Spooky stuck in his mind talking about her awful idea of a "game."​
In his hands he found a case file he wasn't holding before, detailing the tragedy of Poniko and her suspected murderer. He flipped through the pages. All of the suspects were ... rightfully suspicious for their own reasons, he decided. Not much help. But what Wilson did know was Science, and Science definitely said people pale from stress (stress of hiding a murder, of course) and a certain Gary was looking quite pale.​
Gary was in a moderately sized bedroom down the hall, so Wilson nervously ambled his way down to meet him. Talking to potential murderers was not something Wilson had ever experienced before. Especially here! Everyone he'd talked to were so kind and obviously not the murderous type.
"Good evening," Wilson said awkwardly at the room. There were two other people in there, Ib and Mary, he assumed, that he hadn't been expecting. He turned to the palest man. "Gary, I assume? How ... how are you feeling? Anything on your mind?" He held his pencil ready to take notes on anything that Gary did that would reveal his own nervous stress.​
@york @the moderate bedroom folk​

Morgan awoke and looked at the case file made for them. Scannung it over, he headed to the moderately sized bedroom to question Ib, Gary, and Mary.

"I'd like to know what all of you were doing before the death of Poniko. As well as if anything odd may have been spotted beforehand." he said as he entered the room.

@york
alice-alice-cullen-32393344-480-320-take-your-first-look-at-the-plots-for-the-6-upcoming-twilight-short-films-jpeg-247543.jpg

Alice did not detect any signs of lying from any of those in the big bedroom. They seemed to speak candidly, and the last one, Utsuro, seemed to reveal another clue. "Thank you for your honest answers, I greatly appreciate your help", she said to them, before disappearing in a flash, as only a vampire of the Cullen family could, and went straight into the small bedroom where Mary was.

Alice noticed someone else already there, along with the other people she expected to find there, but she went immediately to question the person of interest in her mind, Mary. "What weird thing did you see around the refreshments?", she asked Mary.

@york @Takumi
SHORT POST CUZ trash writer

Immediately after waking up from her second blackout, Angela rushed to the average-sized bedroom to find this "Mary" girl Utsuru told her about, but not before calling out the Pyro's name to see if they'd tag along. The more misfits, the merrier.

@york @The Wanderer @Takumi @Mari @Average Bedroom
Pyro

As Pyro blacked out. His dreams were filled with the usual. A weird magical land filled with candy, baby versions of the RED team, and whatnot. Every so often switching to a scene of gore with lots fire.

But, alas he woke up. Very groggy, he stretched out his arms. Cracking a few bones and yawning. He didn't expect to wake up in a rather nice [and possible flammable] bed. And not in the RED barracks.

As he got out of bed. He heard Angela calling his name. And rather than keeping her waiting. He picked up his toy unicorn and took off. Joining Angela in the Average sized bedroom. He said something along the lines of "Good morning."

@Archmage Jeremiah @york @Takumi @Mari
Scrappy looked over the case file, curious to what he had learned. Blue seemed like a very suspicious person and he made a note to only mark down the non- matching hair color down to eliminate from the list. He was suxpicious of this blue person, but he decided to find Alice and talk with Mary.

@york @Takumi @Mari
alice-cullen-gallery.png

While waiting for Mary to answer her question, Alice noticed Scrappy join them, as did others she didn't know. She felt relief to see her friend in good shape. "It's good to see you, Scrappy," she said to him, "I'm not used to being here without you. Truly, you've become something of a best friend."

She then turned her attention back to Mary. "Please answer the question. What did you see at the refreshment area?" She was focused on getting this answer as it may provide a significant clue as to who was guilty of killing the girl.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @york @The Wanderer @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Average Bedroom
It seemed Wilson wouldn't have to keep looking at the were-wolf after all, as he was simply not in the Trophy Room anymore. He was in a bedroom, on a bed, with irritatingly strong memories of the ghost girl Spooky stuck in his mind talking about her awful idea of a "game."

In his hands he found a case file he wasn't holding before, detailing the tragedy of Poniko and her suspected murderer. He flipped through the pages. All of the suspects were ... rightfully suspicious for their own reasons, he decided. Not much help. But what Wilson did know was Science, and Science definitely said people pale from stress (stress of hiding a murder, of course) and a certain Gary was looking quite pale.

Gary was in a moderately sized bedroom down the hall, so Wilson nervously ambled his way down to meet him. Talking to potential murderers was not something Wilson had ever experienced before. Especially here! Everyone he'd talked to were so kind and obviously not the murderous type.

"Good evening," Wilson said awkwardly at the room. There were two other people in there, Ib and Mary, he assumed, that he hadn't been expecting. He turned to the palest man. "Gary, I assume? How ... how are you feeling? Anything on your mind?" He held his pencil ready to take notes on anything that Gary did that would reveal his own nervous stress.

@york @the moderate bedroom folk
"Tuck. What say we go have us a little talk with one of them guests what got here before we did?"
"Sure, it can't hurt. But which one?"
"The one what was lookin at the drinks like someone spit in her beer."
"Ah yeah, I remember the one."
"Mary, right?"
"Yup"

And so they headed off to do just that. Off to speak with Mary.

@york @ whomever #Mary's room

There seemed to be an odd, mutual silence between the three as they were each assaulted with questions, well, mostly Mary.

HOzARFl.png

Ib retained her silence, just simply making a shrugging motion with her shoulders, she seemed more than a little lost in this situation, possibly almost distant. Then again, this whole situation was alot more demanding than one would expect on a young girl such as herself, so maybe she just decided to distance herself from the situation as much as possible.

In either case, apparently she either wasn't willing, or simply couldn't bring herself to talk at the moment.

In the meantime, Mary, who had gotten the brunt of the slew of questions aimed towards her, sort of caved in.

WdN0ooj.png

"I don't know! I just... Thought I saw someone with blue clothes on near the drinks! ... I didn't think anything of it until... I rememered Poniko walked out of the ballroom, with a cup of pink lemonade." She said quietly.

It was quickly apparent that the table of refreshments she had been starting at must have been the very same table Poniko had taken a cup from. Though there had been multiple cups missing from that table, so it was a little weird that only one of the people who had taken a cup ended up getting poisoned.

Gary, in the meantime, was more focused on both Wilson, and Alice, to a lesser degree.

574nvdo.png

"When we first arrived, I was busy chasing Mary all over the ballroom. I guess I just need some rest." He sighed.

Looks like he could use a drink, but well... Frankly that was a little risky at the moment, given what happened to Poniko.

"Mary must have glimpsed something when we were running around, from table to table." He added.

Well, at least they had a more profound clue, related to the suspect's clothing.

It wasn't much to work with, but it was something.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @The Wanderer @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Michale CS

@Average Bedroom

Scooby wanted to talk with the blue man. He was a suspect. He went into the room and asked Blue a question. " Rlue, rere rour rear rhe rinks?"

@york @Mason Moretti
Blue shook his head.

"Never trusted 'em. Like I said, I was looking out that big ballroom window." He said simply.

Well, he did sound pretty truthfull, he apparently had nothing to hide, it was doubtfull that he witnessed much, unless this was all some elaborate facade.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti
@Small Bedroom

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Michale CS
Blue shook his head.

"Never trusted 'em. Like I said, I was looking out that big ballroom window." He said simply.

Well, he did sound pretty truthfull, he apparently had nothing to hide, it was doubtfull that he witnessed much, unless this was all some elaborate facade.

@Small Bedroom

"Then, Mr. Blue, could you let us know what you were looking at outside that window? I understand how one can be entranced by beautiful views, but I would like to know what you were seeing and how long you were entranced for before these guests arrived. Seeing as you were distracted for so long, you must have some memory of what was out the window, am I correct?" Valerie asks Blue with a sly smile and an innocent laugh.

#Small Bedroom

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mason Moretti @york

There seemed to be an odd, mutual silence between the three as they were each assaulted with questions, well, mostly Mary.

HOzARFl.png

Ib retained her silence, just simply making a shrugging motion with her shoulders, she seemed more than a little lost in this situation, possibly almost distant. Then again, this whole situation was alot more demanding than one would expect on a young girl such as herself, so maybe she just decided to distance herself from the situation as much as possible.

In either case, apparently she either wasn't willing, or simply couldn't bring herself to talk at the moment.

In the meantime, Mary, who had gotten the brunt of the slew of questions aimed towards her, sort of caved in.

WdN0ooj.png

"I don't know! I just... Thought I saw someone with blue clothes on near the drinks! ... I didn't think anything of it until... I rememered Poniko walked out of the ballroom, with a cup of pink lemonade." She said quietly.

It was quickly apparent that the table of refreshments she had been starting at must have been the very same table Poniko had taken a cup from. Though there had been multiple cups missing from that table, so it was a little weird that only one of the people who had taken a cup ended up getting poisoned.

Gary, in the meantime, was more focused on both Wilson, and Alice, to a lesser degree.

574nvdo.png

"When we first arrived, I was busy chasing Mary all over the ballroom. I guess I just need some rest." He sighed.

Looks like he could use a drink, but well... Frankly that was a little risky at the moment, given what happened to Poniko.

"Mary must have glimpsed something when we were running around, from table to table." He added.

Well, at least they had a more profound clue, related to the suspect's clothing.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Mari @The Wanderer @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Michale CS

@Average Bedroom

Alice-Cullen-rkebfan4ever-37243572-449-600.jpg

"The suspect had blue clothing", Alice repeated, making herself heard by everyone else in the room. "Who do we know fit that description?", she asked.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Wanderer @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Michale CS @york

• Thank You
Reactions: Michale CS

HOzARFl.png

WdN0ooj.png

574nvdo.png

@Average Bedroom
Alice-Cullen-rkebfan4ever-37243572-449-600.jpg

"The suspect had blue clothing", Alice repeated, making herself heard by everyone else in the room. "Who do we know fit that description?", she asked.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Wanderer @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Michale CS @york

Well, that little tidbit of info was actually quite substantial. With a big confident grin stretching across her features, Angela threw her two cents in, "If that's true, that easily narrows it down to three suspects! The man in the flamboyant blue hat and clothes, who is even named Blue, the boy in the blue suit (Ayato), and him," she finished, with a finger pointing at Gary, "So do we have any other evidence to narrow it down?"

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Wanderer @Takumi @Mari @wakely @Michale CS @york

Well, that little tidbit of info was actually quite substantial. With a big confident grin stretching across her features, Angela threw her two cents in, "If that's true, that easily narrows it down to three suspects! The man in the flamboyant blue hat and clothes, who is even named Blue, the boy in the blue suit (Ayato), and him," she finished, with a finger pointing at Gary, "So do we have any other evidence to narrow it down?"
Scrappy looked over at all the suspects that Angela pointed to. " Well, the suspect was said to have brown or blond hair, so we can eliminate the suspect of Gary since his hair is a purple or a blue and nowhere close to brown or blind. Perhaps we should talk to the other two and see what they have to say in their defense," he said.

@Archmage Jeremiah @The Wanderer @Takumi @Mari @wakely @Michale CS @york

Scooby waited for Blue's answer.

@Mason Moretti @york

"Then, Mr. Blue, could you let us know what you were looking at outside that window? I understand how one can be entranced by beautiful views, but I would like to know what you were seeing and how long you were entranced for before these guests arrived. Seeing as you were distracted for so long, you must have some memory of what was out the window, am I correct?" Valerie asks Blue with a sly smile and an innocent laugh.

#Small Bedroom

@Mason Moretti @york

"Heh, what can i say. Dancing zombies can be pretty mesmerizing." Blue joked.

But his expression turned a bit more serious.

"To be completely honest with you. I was brooding, wondering why I was here, why we were all here. 'Till a little ghosty told me that someone died. It was only then, that I decided to make a move for the ballroom door," He explained.

Then, he turned to Scooby, raising a brow.

"Thing is, I saw Scooby over here run into a wall. So I joined him in his search for evidence." He added, shrugging a little.​

"Heh, what can i say. Dancing zombies can be pretty mesmerizing." Blue joked.

But his expression turned a bit more serious.

"To be completely honest with you. I was brooding, wondering why I was here, why we were all here. 'Till a little ghosty told me that someone died. It was only then, that I decided to make a move for the ballroom door," He explained.

Then, he turned to Scooby, raising a brow.

"Thing is, I saw Scooby over here run into a wall. So I joined him in his search for evidence." He added, shrugging a little.​

"Then that means for the most part, you have an alabi. The evidence of the blue jacket still bothers me, however. At a part like this, would an unfashionable choice be noticed? Still, I believe that the jacket must have been worn by one of the men at this party, just not Mister Blue here." Valerie closes her eyes and thinks for a moment.

"Scooby... That is your name, correct?" She says, addressing the talking dog, which had honestly not been the weirdest sight she'd seen, "If the suspect is male, that leaves Mister Hinohara and Gary. However, Gary has lavender hair, and the hair found in the jacket is yellow or brown. That narrows the suspects down to Ayato Hinohara, who just happens to be wearing a blue jacket in this photo that our host provided. He seems like the next likely suspect.

"Shall we go together and interview him? If you wish to stay here with Blue, that is fine. I'll head towards another room, if you don't mind."

"What does Scooby even stand for?" Valerie thinks to herself, "Does it even stand for something? Is it just the dog's name? I've heard weirder Pokémon nicknames. Maybe his name is 'Scoobert Doobert' or something. Best not to mention it. Doing so might be rude..."

HOzARFl.png

WdN0ooj.png

574nvdo.png

@Average Bedroom

Blue shook his head.

@Small Bedroom

@LuckycoolHawk9 @The Wanderer @Takumi @Mari @wakely @Michale CS @york

Scrappy looked over at all the suspects that Angela pointed to. " Well, the suspect was said to have brown or blond hair, so we can eliminate the suspect of Gary since his hair is a purple or a blue and nowhere close to brown or blind. Perhaps we should talk to the other two and see what they have to say in their defense," he said.

@Archmage Jeremiah @The Wanderer @Takumi @Mari @wakely @Michale CS @york

@Mason Moretti @york

Morgan took all of it in with a nod. So, someone stopped by the table and slipped something into the cup that Poniko just happened to grab? The Ylissean frowned at this as possible suspects were listed.

Scrappy had a point.

@york @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Anyone I missed

Morgan took all of it in with a nod. So, someone stopped by the table and slipped something into the cup that Poniko just happened to grab? The Ylissean frowned at this as possible suspects were listed.

Scrappy had a point.
Scrappy paused and wondered if there was any other evidence they had to eliminate them. It seemed like Blue was the obvious choice and that bothered the dog. He seemed way too obvious to the young pup and the least likely.

" Maybe we should talk to the other boy who we suspect."

@york @Mari @Takumi @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Anyone I missed

Scooby followed Valerie to the room with Ayano.

@Mason Moretti

Continued From Round 2
Round 2.5 (Update)

This time, instead of everyone blacking out, the translucent outline of Spooky the ghost could be seen in the bedroom hallways, but even though some people may be out of earshot, her voice seemed to ring in everyone's minds.

ZeP6wGM.png

"Hey, what's up with you guys? You gonna vote, or what?" She asked.

Though that smile was still on her face, apparently she had become quite impatient, and wanted to speed things up.
(Granted the GM's poor posting schedule isn't helping.)

"Remember! Just call out that you vote for someone to submit your vote, but beware! Your time is running out! It won't be long before the votes will be tallied, and your fates are decided!" She said.

Then, with a slightly tired sounding giggle, her presense faded, both from the bedroom hallway, and from the minds of the attendees at this "party".

A new slip of paper found its way into everyone's possessions though, but it was uncertain if it was Spooky's doing, or the work of someone else in this place.

Case Recap:

Victim: Poniko
Cause of Death: Poisoned Drink
Evidence:

- Empty cup once filled with pink lemonade, determined to be the most likely cause of death
- In the janitor's closet there appeared to be a open container that was partially filled with some sort of posion, and a blue janitor's cap, and a matching colored coat
- Janitor's cap and coat have similar colors to Blue's outfit, and there are traces of what looks to be brownish or yellowish hair on it

Most Likely Suspects:

Ayato Hinohara

RWuD1bC.png

- Has brownish hair
- Already wears blue clothes
- At some point before the arrival of the players, he visited the bedrooms with Mishiro Usui

Blue

(Picture Unavailable)

- Wears blue clothes
- Has blonde hair
- Possibly left the room before the players arrived

Gary

FAehMPK.png

- Wears blue clothing
- Might have left the room at some point before the players arrived

Visit the previous update for a refresher on the names of the other NPC's.

It appears that the case is close to closing! Feel free to talk some more with the NPC's, to be doubly sure of whatever conclusions one may have based on what is known about the case.

Then vote when you're ready, by having your character ICly say who they are voting for.

Cast

@Chewy Rabbits as Sam from Trick 'r Treat & Micheal Myers from the Halloween Series

@Jeremi as Nikkare Aoe from Touken Ranbu & Seaplane Tender Princess from the Kantai Collection

@Ringmaster as Leon Scott Kennedy from Resident Evil & The Black Knight, and OC from the Castlevania Series

@The Wanderer as "Vector" from the Resident Evil Franchise & Pyro from Team Fortress 2

"Then that means for the most part, you have an alabi. The evidence of the blue jacket still bothers me, however. At a part like this, would an unfashionable choice be noticed? Still, I believe that the jacket must have been worn by one of the men at this party, just not Mister Blue here." Valerie closes her eyes and thinks for a moment.

"Scooby... That is your name, correct?" She says, addressing the talking dog, which had honestly not been the weirdest sight she'd seen, "If the suspect is male, that leaves Mister Hinohara and Gary. However, Gary has lavender hair, and the hair found in the jacket is yellow or brown. That narrows the suspects down to Ayato Hinohara, who just happens to be wearing a blue jacket in this photo that our host provided. He seems like the next likely suspect.

"Shall we go together and interview him? If you wish to stay here with Blue, that is fine. I'll head towards another room, if you don't mind."

"What does Scooby even stand for?" Valerie thinks to herself, "Does it even stand for something? Is it just the dog's name? I've heard weirder Pokémon nicknames. Maybe his name is 'Scoobert Doobert' or something. Best not to mention it. Doing so might be rude..."
Scooby followed Valerie to the room with Ayano.

@Mason Moretti
DhoZJ5h.png

"Oh! More questions? I'll be happy to answer them." Ayato said warmly.

He was as friendly as ever, but was that a look of worry on his face? It was a very fleeting look, so of course, it was a bit difficult to say for certain.

@Large Bedroom

Scrappy had a point.

@york @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Anyone I missed
Scrappy paused and wondered if there was any other evidence they had to eliminate them. It seemed like Blue was the obvious choice and that bothered the dog. He seemed way too obvious to the young pup and the least likely.

" Maybe we should talk to the other boy who we suspect."

@york @Mari @Takumi @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @Anyone I missed
Other than Blue (currently in the small bedroom) it would appear that Gary, who was in the medium sized bedroom, and Ayato, who was in the large bedroom were currently the prime suspects in this case. However, it may be usefull to crosscheck statements made from these suspects, with statements made from the others.

@Takumi @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely
@Stragglers

Continued From Round 2
Round 2.5 (Update)

This time, instead of everyone blacking out, the translucent outline of Spooky the ghost could be seen in the bedroom hallways, but even though some people may be out of earshot, her voice seemed to ring in everyone's minds.

ZeP6wGM.png

Though that smile was still on her face, apparently she had become quite impatient, and wanted to speed things up.

"Remember! Just call out that you vote for someone to submit your vote, but beware! Your time is running out! It won't be long before the votes will be tallied, and your fates are decided!" She said.

Then, with a slightly tired sounding giggle, her presense faded, both from the bedroom hallway, and from the minds of the attendees at this "party".

A new slip of paper found its way into everyone's possessions though, but it was uncertain if it was Spooky's doing, or the work of someone else in this place.

Case Recap:

Evidence:

- Empty cup once filled with pink lemonade, determined to be the most likely cause of death
- In the janitor's closet there appeared to be a open container that was partially filled with some sort of posion, and a blue janitor's cap, and a matching colored coat
- Janitor's cap and coat have similar colors to Blue's outfit, and there are traces of what looks to be brownish or yellowish hair on it

Most Likely Suspects:

Ayato Hinohara

RWuD1bC.png

- Has brownish hair
- At some point before the arrival of the players, he visited the bedrooms with Mishiro Usui

Blue

(Picture Unavailable)

- Wears blue clothes
- Has blonde hair

Gary

FAehMPK.png

- Wears blue clothing

It appears that the case is close to closing! Feel free to talk some more with the NPC's, to be doubly sure of whatever conclusions one may have based on what is known about the case.

Then vote when you're ready, by having your character ICly say who they are voting for.

Cast

DhoZJ5h.png

He was as friendly as ever, but was that a look of worry on his face? It was a very fleeting look, so of course, it was a bit difficult to say for certain.

@Large Bedroom

Other than Blue (currently in the small bedroom) it would appear that Gary, who was in the medium sized bedroom, and Ayato, who was in the large bedroom were currently the prime suspects in this case. However, it may be usefull to crosscheck statements made from these suspects, with statements made from the others.

@Stragglers

Nikkari looked at the piece of paper in his pocket with Seaplane Tender Princess hovering over him. "Well...we do need to vote..." Nikkari replied with a smile. "I think it's that Ayato person. Something about him doesn't seem right."

@york

Vector

'Hmmmm........Three prime suspects....Though, from the sounds of it. Blue has an alibi.....As he was with that tiny pup. And if he was alone for even a split second. It wouldn't have been hard to kill the pup and dispose of the body.....Though, poison can take either a few minutes, to an hour. So, the waiting game is a variable.....Ayato may have an alibi as he was apparently with a lady alone in the bedrooms.....Gary wouldn't have an alibi. As he left the room before the guests arrived......Best to ask who was near the refreshments first and last. And who talked with the victim. And possibly, ask if anyone had any ill feelings toward her....Another thing, is that the poison must've been introduced into the cup alone, as if it was put into the punch bowl, it'd poison everyone else....."

Vector thought to himself, before he went to the room where Ayato was.

"I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking them. When you first got here, who was the first and presumably last person at the refreshment stand, and did you or anyone else have any dislikes about the victim? Also.....Did anyone hand her a specific cup of punch?" He asked, with little to no emotion. As on the inside, he didn't care. Wasn't in his career description to solve crimes and point fingers.

@york

Scooby felt weird when he entered the room. This man seemed too nice.

Compared to the look that he had briefly had, there was nothing that screamed guility to the dog. He trusted that Valerie had some questions for him.

@Mason Moretti @york

Scrappy looked at Alice. " Whose statements should we cross-check?" He asked.

@Mari

Continued From Round 2
Round 2.5 (Update)

ZeP6wGM.png

Case Recap:

Evidence:

Most Likely Suspects:

Ayato Hinohara

RWuD1bC.png

- Has brownish hair

Blue

(Picture Unavailable)

- Wears blue clothes
- Has blonde hair

Gary

FAehMPK.png

- Wears blue clothing

Cast

DhoZJ5h.png

@Large Bedroom

@Stragglers

The most likely suspect to Morgan would be Ayato, but before he could be certain he'd need to talk to the boy and see how he acted.

Thwn he also cross check statements as well.

@york @Mari @LuckycoolHawk9 @Sen @The Wanderer @Archmage Jeremiah @wakely @anybody I missed @sucky post for now

DhoZJ5h.png

@Large Bedroom
"I do have one question," Valerie says inquisitively, "Did you know or have any personal relationship with the dearly departed? The victim, I mean. Not our ghost of a host."

#Large Bedroom

Compared to the look that he had briefly had, there was nothing that screamed guility to the dog. He trusted that Valerie had some questions for him.

@Mason Moretti @york

@Mari

200908211023-tm_400x400.jpg

Alice shrugged at first. She was accustomed to this type of situation, trying to predict things or determine probable causes, but given an opportunity to cross check something was new to her. "I don't really know," she started to say, but then she came up with a possibility, probably the most sensible option under the circumstance. "But if I were to pick one, I would try to cross check the one that made the most incriminating statement." She paused, as she recalled who that was.

"Mary," she stated, "it was Mary that stated the person who was doing something with, or near the drinks, was wearing blue clothing. Perhaps we should verify that statement."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @york @

Nikkari looked at the piece of paper in his pocket with Seaplane Tender Princess hovering over him. "Well...we do need to vote..." Nikkari replied with a smile. "I think it's that Ayato person. Something about him doesn't seem right."

@york
The faint sound echoed through the halls of what seemed like writing from an unknown source.

An brief feeling of affirmation then seemed to rush over Nikkari.

It seemed that Nikkari's vote had been registered.

Votes:

Ayato Hinohara - 1

Players Voted:

Nikkari

Vector

'Hmmmm........Three prime suspects....Though, from the sounds of it. Blue has an alibi.....As he was with that tiny pup. And if he was alone for even a split second. It wouldn't have been hard to kill the pup and dispose of the body.....Though, poison can take either a few minutes, to an hour. So, the waiting game is a variable.....Ayato may have an alibi as he was apparently with a lady alone in the bedrooms.....Gary wouldn't have an alibi. As he left the room before the guests arrived......Best to ask who was near the refreshments first and last. And who talked with the victim. And possibly, ask if anyone had any ill feelings toward her....Another thing, is that the poison must've been introduced into the cup alone, as if it was put into the punch bowl, it'd poison everyone else....."

Vector thought to himself, before he went to the room where Ayato was.

"I have a few questions if you don't mind me asking them. When you first got here, who was the first and presumably last person at the refreshment stand, and did you or anyone else have any dislikes about the victim? Also.....Did anyone hand her a specific cup of punch?" He asked, with little to no emotion. As on the inside, he didn't care. Wasn't in his career description to solve crimes and point fingers.

@york

@Mason Moretti @york
"I do have one question," Valerie says inquisitively, "Did you know or have any personal relationship with the dearly departed? The victim, I mean. Not our ghost of a host."

#Large Bedroom
Ayato decided to respond to Valerie's question first, even though she had asked after Vector.

Wq84NdE.png

"I don't really know Poniko. Really, I just know Mishiro, and her friends, Yuzu, and Utsuro." He paused for a moment before he continued.

"Maybe the killer was simply doing as they were told." He added.

After a few moments of silence, he then addressed Vector's question.

Wq84NdE.png

"The last person I saw near the drinks was Mary. Then again, I had only just returned with Mishiro when I saw her. I wasn't paying attention after that." He answered without missing a beat.

When her name was mentioned a second time, Mishiro actually seemed to jump up with a start, looks like she had been lost in her thoughts, but her name being mentioned twice suddenly seemed to jolt her back into the realms of reality.

LRMYvIY.png

"Ayato, didn't you say you were going to the bathroom when I was resting in the bedrooms?" She asked him.

Hmm, looks like Ayato had missed a little detail, be it by accident or on purpose.

DhoZJ5h.png

"Oh... Yeah... I had one too many drinks in the ballroom. Nature calls... You know?" He said.

Was that a hint of nervousness in his voice?

@Large Bedroom

@Mari
200908211023-tm_400x400.jpg

Alice shrugged at first. She was accustomed to this type of situation, trying to predict things or determine probable causes, but given an opportunity to cross check something was new to her. "I don't really know," she started to say, but then she came up with a possibility, probably the most sensible option under the circumstance. "But if I were to pick one, I would try to cross check the one that made the most incriminating statement." She paused, as she recalled who that was.

"Mary," she stated, "it was Mary that stated the person who was doing something with, or near the drinks, was wearing blue clothing. Perhaps we should verify that statement."

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @york

Co7fX2n.png

"I... Told you all I know..." Mary said quietly.

It was apparent that she was a little upset about the whole thing with Poniko, but it was hard to tell why. In either case, Gary and Ib were still open for any other questions that might be asked, as they were the closest in proximity to Mary.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mari
@Medium Bedroom

The faint sound echoed through the halls of what seemed like writing from an unknown source.

An brief feeling of affirmation then seemed to rush over Nikkari.

It seemed that Nikkari's vote had been registered.

Votes:

Ayato Hinohara - 1

Players Voted:

Nikkari

Ayato decided to respond to Valerie's question first, even though she had asked after Vector.

Wq84NdE.png

"I don't really know Poniko. Really, I just know Mishiro, and her friends, Yuzu, and Utsuro." He paused for a moment before he continued.

"Maybe the killer was simply doing as they were told." He added.

After a few moments of silence, he then addressed Vector's question.

Wq84NdE.png

"The last person I saw near the drinks was Mary. Then again, I had only just returned with Mishiro when I saw her. I wasn't paying attention after that." He answered without missing a beat.

When her name was mentioned a second time, Mishiro actually seemed to jump up with a start, looks like she had been lost in her thoughts, but her name being mentioned twice suddenly seemed to jolt her back into the realms of reality.

LRMYvIY.png

"Ayato, didn't you say you were going to the bathroom when I was resting in the bedrooms?" She asked him.

Hmm, looks like Ayato had missed a little detail, be it by accident or on purpose.

DhoZJ5h.png

"Oh... Yeah... I had one too many drinks in the ballroom. Nature calls... You know?" He said.

Was that a hint of nervousness in his voice?

@Large Bedroom

Co7fX2n.png

"I... Told you all I know..." Mary said quietly.

It was apparent that she was a little upset about the whole thing with Poniko, but it was hard to tell why. In either case, Gary and Ib were still open for any other questions that might be asked, as they were the closest in proximity to Mary.

@LuckycoolHawk9 @Takumi @Archmage Jeremiah @Mari
@Medium Bedroom

"Well, thank you very much, Mr. Hinohara. You've been very cooperative and informative. I appreciate that very much through this pressing time."

Satisfied with the evidence they had gained from Ayato and determined that Ayato's lie was evidence of guilt, Valerie made her decision. She voted for Ayato Hinohara.
@york @LuckycoolHawk9
#Large Bedroom

Status
Not open for further replies.