Spock

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am going to break my New Years resolution and change my avatar to Spock in memory.

'Of all the souls I have encountered, his was the most human.' ~Kirk

I seriously cried.

"Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few...." -Spock

Meh.

It sucks but I was never a big fan of Star Trek so I won't pretend I'm bawling my eyes out while hugging my teddy bear.

Courtesy of the NYTimes:

Leonard Nimoy, the sonorous, gaunt-faced actor who won a worshipful global following as Mr. Spock, the resolutely logical human-alien first officer of the Starship Enterprise in the television and movie juggernaut "Star Trek," died on Friday morning at his home in the Bel Air section of Los Angeles. He was 83.

His wife, Susan Bay Nimoy, confirmed his death, saying the cause was end-stage chronic obstructive pulmonary disease.

Mr. Nimoy announced that he had the disease last year, attributing it to years of smoking, a habit he had given up three decades earlier. He had been hospitalized earlier in the week.

His last Tweet, posted days before his death, reads:

A life is like a garden. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. LLAP

Boldly go, Mr. Spock. You will be missed. RIP.

Meh.

It sucks but I was never a big fan of Star Trek so I won't pretend I'm bawling my eyes out while hugging my teddy bear.
I'm sort of in the same boat.
My only current exposure to Star Trek was Wrath of Khan.

But I did still like him in that, enough that I'm willing to put away a bit of time to show respects.

Reactions: Novis
As soon as reports that he had chest pain were out, I knew he was going to die. Still sad to loss someone like him.

Big loss of talent to the world :( we'll always remember you Spock/Mr Nimoy.

I have to say that when I woke this morning and heard the news part of my soul died. Leonard was a hero to me, not just as Mr. Spock. He defied the image we put our kids through with his photography and he was a great actor. A wonderful human, and vulcan, I think I speak for everyone when I say Rest in Peace Leonard Nimoy, and like Seiji said, Boldy Go.

DeForest Kelly, then James Doohan, and now Leonard Nimoy. I knew them from my childhood on the TV. They always reminded me that humanity has some shred of redeeming quality, there are good people everywhere--you just have to look hard enough. Yeah, they're actors, on an incredible hammy TV Show.

I'm going to miss them, regardless.

Now if you will all excuse me, my tear ducts appear to be having cascading warp nacel fractures and are leaking profusely. RIP Nimoy. You will be remembered fondly.

5467349+_6a3becb0141f7582c70c335662d17210.jpg

Today has been an all around depressing day. I remember watching Star Trek with my pop when I was little and feeling a kind of kinship with Spock because of his ears. (My ears always stuck out, and everyone in my family used to say I was part vulcan. @_@)

Status
Not open for further replies.