Spirit-Link: The Slacker Heroes (Slice of Life, Action, Comedy)

Reanimator Buns

Just some gal who's a necromancer
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Genres
Fantasy Romance, Scifi
"Hey! I know this is sudden, but I need you to listen. Your world and mine are connected. An evil sorceress by the name 'Miasma' seeks to collapse our two worlds by making them collide. That's why I need your help. You need to defeat her minions that have leaked into your world. Now stand!... I said stand! Get off that lazy ass and stand!... Oh Divine, we're doomed..."

q0BIbCF.png

OSN52I4.png

Our story begins within the continent of Rudiment on the planet Terra. Terra is a world of magic and adventure. Horrifying monsters dwell in deep caves, and dark forests, and heroes go out and slay these monsters for fame, fortune, glory, and honor. However, not everyone is keen on the destruction of these beasts. Some seek to tame them. They are called sorcerers. Beings with magical power that use it to dominate, instead of annihilate.

It would seem, however, that the most powerful sorcerer has discovered another world to conquer. One that would be far easier to obtain than this nasty world. However, she can not go to that world directly. Not yet, at least. She requires the use of her Spirit Double.

And that brings us here. Earth. A land of science and media. Now while many are average people with average drives and conviction, others severely lack in this department. They are sometimes called, losers, deadbeats, and slackers. But what role do they serve? The thing is, these worlds are connected. Like a mirror. An excelent projection, only... Reversed.

Everyone on Earth has a Spirit Double on Terra. Often times, the normal populace is so average there is little change between the two doubles, but those who stand out are notably different. A selfless millionaire on Earth might be a miserly bum on Terra...

And a Noble Hero would be...

A lazy

No Good

Deadbeat

Slacker.

What is this Game About?

To put it bluntly, this is about a group of kids in school who are a bunch of outcasts and slackers. They are contacted by their Spirit Double on Terra to help defend against the invading "Miasma." The roleplay will mostly be focused on the students themselves, and their normal lives as their doubles try to make them contribute to society and both worlds.

This is a pretty outlandish idea, so if you have questions, feel free to ask. I'm still working on fleshing this out a bit more​

This has piqued my interest! I would love to play as a slacker "hero!"

This sounds great. Honestly I was just perusing the interest checks to kill time, but I logged in for this. You have my interest, sir!

EDIT: Question-- who plays the player characters' spirit doubles?

Last edited:
I was planning on it being like an extension of the other Character. Like a voice that only they can hear. So the player is the main character. It's not exactly like playing yep Characters because they are in the same body and are pretty much the same being, same initiative. Though not everyone needs to have one (but I guess that's most of the fun).

• Useful
Reactions: a touch of dread
Ooo~ I didn't realize there was an option. Granted, I'm along the same lines as you, it's more fun with the voice in your head.

Thank you for clarifying!

This sounds interesting. I'm in.

My question is what abilities do the slackers have? Is this rpg style?

Abilities will be more up to you to decide. However, it won't be much of an RPG style, since the majority of the RP will be about the lack of action happening as the slackers choose not to fight.

kinda interesteddd.

I'm interested if you're still looking for people!

I'll bite. This looks cool

I don't know if this is still a thing or if it's already been filled, but either way it has caught my interest as well.

Same story as the two just before, if you still fancy making it, I'm game.

Suppose I'll look into this. Tis interesting, and I would like to see it executed for at least a short while.

Ah yeah, forgot to mention it at the time, but as with Cloud and the rest - if you're still fancying this, I'm game.