Spira: The Ancient Dream - IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Adriel! A good name!" Yes, Kas' spirits were high today because everything was running so very smoothly. Not even a Ronso fight had broken out yet and that was saying something! And oh, how his face lit up with a pleasant smile when the Guado girl mentioned his one true weakness. "Lady Luck must be with me today because I happen to love everything to do with history. Shall we start it off with a friendship between Guado and Kilikan? Or are you too cool for friends, Miss Adriel?" he teased, not without a grin and a playful shoulder bump.

However, the smile fell right off Kas' face when they finally arrived at Ange's food stall and his pace slowed to a stop in front of two customers who were in the process of being served. One was unfamiliar, the male, but the woman had recognition plastered all over the young priest's face. And perhaps there was a bit of something else there in Kas' gaze - something akin to 'hurt'.

But mostly he was just glad. Overjoyed even. Coye had come home.

• Love
Reactions: Nino Notachat
The smell hit her and it felt like her stomach did a backflip. It smelled GOOD. "Yeah.... friends... whatever..." her attention was already on the stall and that fact that there were THINGS in her way. It didn't matter that those things were people, the people were pushed aside as a drooling guado stepped up to the stall and wigged her fingers as she stared at what to her starved brain looked like a royal banquet before her. There was nothing else in the world to her in that moment and the growls of her stomach must have been heard through half the market.

"Yes.... no more fighting skiny birds for food!"

Reznik shook his mane and grumbled about some of the folk these festivals attract. His eyes went back to his projects. He hammered away at the steel then would cool it in the water sending blasts of steam into the air around him. His makeshift store was humidifying the entire area. The big beast would tend his bellows making the coals burn bright and then go back to dropping blows on what was quickly becoming a very attractive [if you like deadly objects] halberd blade. The blacksmith lifted the metal up while it still glowed an orangish red and examined it with his beady eyes. He turned the tongs in his paw several times checking every angle for imperfections. Finally after several minutes of scrutiny, the big blue oaf decided the piece would pass its future owner’s expectations once he had it mounted and ground to a fine tip. Reznik tossed the blade into a bucket of water to cool and turned towards the coals were the piece of steel lay for a sword. He was just about to pick it up when a voice broke his process.

"Reznik! Friend! Have you got my weapon for me?"

A sigh escaped the lips and whistled slightly against the fangs of the smith. He shook his dingy mane and turned to see Fallkner standing there with a pleasantly ignorant and blissful expression on his face. Renzik forced what could best be described as a grimace. “Greetings, Fallkner.” Reznik cleared his throat in a most unpleasant way as if he was hacking up a hairball. He then spat off to the side. “I have your weapon, indeed.” He turned and stomped towards the wall and grabbed Fallkner’s lance. He held it up horizontally offering it back to its owner. Reznik may be crude and care very little for folk but he understands a true warrior’s bond with his weapon. “I was able to fix the crack on the crescent flange and also straightened the fitting for your shaft. You didn’t ask me to but I added some slag in the bottom of the shaft as well.” Reznik pointed to a singular dot of grey in the non-lethal end of the weapon. His tone softened as he explained the benefit of his craftsmanship. “Once I finished with the blades, I noticed it had a bit of an unbalance to it. Being a hunter, I figured you’d prefer the ability to throw with higher accuracy and greater distances so I fixed the problem.” The big Ronso finished speaking and bowed his head offering up the weapon with open hands.
Fallkner smiled at the Ronso as he explained the additions to his weaponry. "I much appreciate that, Reznik. The old spear was needing to be fixed otherwise I would have ended up with a toothpick and a shiv to fight with! I would have been worth as much to a fight as chocobo shit!" Fallkner exclaimed with a seemingly child-like glee as he examined the new additions to his weapon. "I would love to be able to the throw it with some decent accuracy. Would make being a Valkyrie a thousand times easier." Falkner added, taking up the spear in open palms for a closer examination. It was heavier now due to the slag, but not so heavy as to be encumbering and hard to wield. "Thank you, my friend. I wonder if there is any method I can use to pay you? Surely for such a finely crafted piece of weaponised art there must be some way other than tanking you to extend my appreciation."

Reactions: WarriorHeart
“Mo—“ Coye was cut short and before she could even slap her heavy pouch of Gil on the counter, there went her mother, rambling off her sales pitch. Something else was nagging at her just then—the strangest feeling that someone else familiar was near. It couldn’t have been Kas; much like her, he could have chosen adventure and left Kilika. Or so she thought…

Ange had been so overwhelmed with work, she didn’t notice her own daughter standing before her. “Welcome! What can I get for you honey?” With a flurry of colored robes, the older woman grabbed utensils and napkins to hand out for two. “I make the best sweet bread in Spira! Care to try?”

“Mom, it’s me and my friend, Seren!” With a grin, Coye hefted the pouch of Gil onto the counter and then motioned to the growing line behind her. “I’ll pay for everyone in line and then after that maybe you could take a break?” As if she hadn’t left, she grabbed Seren’s arm and led him directly behind the counter; making sure to put on an apron as she joined her now-beaming mom’s side. “I’ll work until the Tournament, then do you think you and pop could watch?” It was then that the samurai felt happy, but the moment that she greeted the next customers in line—something else creeped in.

“Oh, my dearest Coye! Look at how you’ve grown!” Ange wrapped her arms around Coye and gushed at Kas and his friend. “And filled out! Kas, sweetie—Coye’s back!” There, staring her in the face was a very grown (and was that a look of hurt on his face?) version of her best friend and suddenly, the girl who favored herself a big, strong hero—nearly passed out.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Love
Reactions: Dawn
[fieldbox= Sachiko, Purple, Solid]

“Come back here!” the shouts of an angry shop owner bellowed down the streets, chasing after a blonde tart with beautiful long locks of golden hair, a fanciful blue attire and a random salmon trailing along behind her “I’ll get right on that,” she yelled sarcastically to fishmonger chasing her, trying to dodge through the bustling crowds.

Somebody caught her, a local hero wanting to save the day and bring justice to the fish of Killika “Give that back,” a strong hand wrapped around her wrist.

Lerching back, Sachiko eyed the man “Oh please sir, I got a family t’ feed wi’ littl' food. This was gon' be the meal for m' starvin' children,” she lied, preying on the sympathy of the generous. Looking into his astute emerald eyes, she quickly decided the rugged man was only a tiny bit gorgeous with little tufts of cute brown hair; even the sideburns. “You got children sir? Mine are sweet littl' things, Mandy n' Jon; m' shinin' lil' stars... Ye see, we used t' live in a beau’iful place, but now we ain't got nuthin’, not e'en a roof over our ‘eads,” she tried jerking her hand free “So lemme go.”

With little time for the stranger to make a decision, for the sake of ‘the greater good’ the idiot let her go.

Score!

“I be thankin’ ya kindly,” she bowed running off with the fish, the owner even further on her backside than before.

There was a moment of silence.

The kind of silence that told you that the fat lady was about to sing and you should probably run very quickly if not to have ten guards on your arse, and so she did. Fleetily snaking her way through the crowd and trying not to fall in the water, she darted to a less densely populated area; behind the market stand.

“Oi, what do you think you’re doing? You’re not allowed back here” a woman yelled out in surprise, wanting rid of the intruder.

[IMGa]http://i312.photobucket.com/albums/ll356/Arenalah/de04155a-a14a-49d3-8914-7a7e92584bfe.jpg[/IMGa]
“Uhhhh....Fish!” Sachiko smiled, lifting her finger to point at the fish as her eyes studied her surroundings. In the corner next to one of the houses there were a couple of crates laying about ‘Roof hopping!’

“Excuse me,” she addressed the perplexed stall owner quickly before rushing off.

“Over there!” the voice of a brute twice her size announced, pointing a finger to her.

Now stood on top of a pile of crates, wide eyed and afraid for her life, Sachiko in her panic, failed to assess the roof was made of straw and blundered butt first onto the floor of somebody’s home “In the name of Sin! Fish, I swear if you don’t taste nice I am going to murder someone,” she grumbled dusting straw from her tunic. Humble in its appearance, the hut had little to offer in terms of hiding place. It had been quaintly furnished with a small bed, a cute little kitchen and cabinet with the likes of which she had never seen complimented by a collection of beautiful furs scattered about the room, a hunter?

“She’s in there!” a voice yelled from outside, it was time to move again and to her fortune the place had a back door.

Escaping back into the streets, the Al Bhed was at a loss on where to hide “I make the best sweet bread in Spira! Care to try?” a voice yelled from one of the stalls, Bread? Sachiko’s ocean hues lit up, something she could actually understand.

“Aha!” she announced, jumping behind the stall, folding an arm around the woman's waist she held the poor bread maker in harms way, hoping she'd stay still and cover her until the guards had gone “Stand there! ...love your work your work and I'm SO sorry to do this to ya ma'am...heh, but help a girl out though will ya?” she whispered between hurried breath, awkwardly placing the salmon down on top of a piece of cloth.

[/fieldbox]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.