October Knight

Hi-def
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
Genres
Fantasy, Horror and Sci-fi. I'll try basically anything though. I also love strange and unusual RP genre concepts. Different is good!
SPIDERS!
We hate spiders in the hood.

What kind of spiders are unique or native to your area?

Do you like them? or Are you scared of them?

Where I live we have Black Widows. I think they are pretty awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBeIq6xGYec

We have Black Widows for sure. We have them every so often lurking around the garage. We also have Green Lyssomanes, Wolf Spiders, and I've never actually SEEN a Brown Recluse, but we have had some kitties come in with Brown Recluse bites, so apparently we have them too :D

I HATE. HATE. HATE. spiders. I also hate ticks. If I ever find either of those near or on me, I will hurt myself trying to get away. >>; I almost wrecked my car last week because I had a tick on my arm.

I hate spiders and bees.

We've got Brown Recluses. my friend got bitten on the leg by one of those while he was sleeping. Ughh, those effects are nasty. He was in the hospital for quite a while. I think I've seen a few banana spiders as well. Eww.... T_T

Yeah Brown Recluses are in my area, however, because of my Dad's arachniphobia we are constantly being told to check wood and stuff when we bring it in from the shed so we don't have dangerous spider bites.

Back when I lived in Wisconsin in some apartments, right out the back of our building was a bunch of trees and inside one of them was a nest of Black Widows. Good thing the construction company who built the apartments was able to keep the spiders out there.

I saw two Brown Recluses moving away from each other behind the steps to the Jacuzzi just yesterday.

There is also a family of Widow's in our mailbox.

I like spiders, but I am indeed mortally afraid of them. I admire them from the other side of the yard most of the time. Those jumping spiders....D:

Interesting......

I Used to be scared of spiders, but now I'm fascinated by them.

I really fucking hate spiders, with a passion, but then I hate all weird creepy-crawly insects and creatures in general.

Seriously, something about them makes my skin crawl.

Hey, I prefer caterpillars....

but then again, there was that case of that one damned caterpillar that got pissed at me trying to take it away from my dad's tomato plants that its horns raised up and this HORRID SMELL, WORSE THAN A SKUNK, just started pouring out.

I literally took the crawling angry thing to the new habit and then barfed in my father's compost pile.....

It wasn't a proud moment.

The funny thing is that I love taking care of those...

maybe its because they turn into these

SH101059.JPG

Y'don't say, @TK. Butterflies are pretty.

However, on the topic of spiders, I have seen black widows in my area. I personally don't like spiders, but I'm not arachnaphobic. I tend to scoop them up with a paper towel and then force them back out into nature! (Unless they're poisonous, then I go "Oh no, mom," and then she gets the broom and goes ape shiz trying to kill it).

LOL @ Aqua.

The only spiders I like are Daddy Long Legs. When I was young and my elementary school went to a camp and we had some time to relax, I sat down near the cabin because I saw an odd brownish mass moving nearby.

Within moments, I realized it was a WHOLE ARMY of those little dudes, and they just looked so silly to me, how they had those LONG LONG legs and a tiny little body that seemed to bounce when it moved.

I stayed outside for an hour, or so I was told. when they found me, I had at least eight of those things on me. I was fucking DELIGHTED. But they were scared SHITLESS.

They just started wacking them off of me and getting a broom and killing them.

And then I started to cry and explained that they were my friends.

But it was too late....

I will always remember you Fatbottom, Matchstick, Sunny, Peaches, Susan, Nuzzles, Rock, and Whiteface....

;_;

I don't know what the fuck kind of spiders are around here.

And I sure as hell dont' want to know.

My relationship with spiders is that they're awesome for killing all the bugs I actually hate, but I will turn on them if they invade my personal space.

THE SPIDER IS A GOD. TOO DANGEROUS TO MESS WITH. WHEN I SEE ONE I TAKE IT OUTSIDE BECAUSE I DON'T WANT BLOOD ON MY HANDS. NAMELY, MINE.

One kind of spider I will battle though are the...ICE SPIDERS.

Black Widows are super rare here, so when someone catches one a picture of it will end up in like, the local paper or something. We do have a lot of brown reclusii though. They make sure to put warnings out during...SPIDER SEASON.

WAIT TILL YOU SEE A FUCKING FUNNELLWEB.

OH THATS RIGHT YOU WONT, BECAUSE THE FAGGOTS HIDE UNDERGROUND AND ONLY APPEAR WHEN THEY ATTACK!

FUCKING FILTHY PERVERTS.

We had brown recluses back home, one of those fuckers bites you and your in for a whole new world of suck. namely the bitten area literally rotting off if you don't get it treated right away.