Spiders...

I love spiders. Especially jumping spiders-- you ever see one of those? I used to see them all the time.

Also, spinybacked orbweavers. Those are cool spiders.

Last edited:
1Ksf2.png

The only spider I like.

I like spiders. I have no problem with them in my room. Except when the actually crawl on me or get in my bed. And that's only if they're of significant size. I even named a particularly large one once. Although, there are a lot fewer of them since my cat has taken up permanent residence in my room. Lately there has been one outside which has been making fantastic webs, too.

Spiders are great. They kill a lot of things that have no place in my home. Mosquitoes, flies, moths, the whole shebang.

Even Just reading this gave me chills. No no no.

I love insects. (I consider spiders an insect >.>) Most people just kill them, I watch, analyze, and (Kinda) socialize with. For being mindless creatures, they sure do have quite the variety of reactions to the same exact thing and quickly learn what is, and what is not threatening (Sadly, makes it difficult to get them to go where I want them to at times DX Saving the life of an insect has got to be one of the most annoying things ever. That language barrier is a killer)

I remember this one time where this spider ran out from under my bed and had a manly stare down with my cat. I don't know what they were doing, my cat were doing paw motions, and the spider was moving in odd ways. Once they finished, the spider ran back under my bed and my cat got up and did his thing elsewhere. I don't know what they were talking about but I felt so left out DX Why did humans have to separate themselves from nature so much???? DX I would have loved to be like like "Hey guys, watcha talkin about?" and the spider be like "Heyo good sir, your cat and I were having thine discussion on the topic of your carpet." and my cat be like "Yeah, your carpet sucks, vacuum it."

And then this one time where I was taking a shower, I turn around, see a spider running then it just stops. so after a 30 second manly stare off I think the spider was like "We cool?" And I was like "We cool" And then the spider ran off and went somewhere else. Life is so much more interesting when see other creatures as an equal instead of something to kill off for the horrendous act of!!!!!!!!!! annoying you -.-

I love insects. (I consider spiders an insect >.>) Most people just kill them, I watch, analyze, and (Kinda) socialize with. For being mindless creatures, they sure do have quite the variety of reactions to the same exact thing and quickly learn what is, and what is not threatening (Sadly, makes it difficult to get them to go where I want them to at times DX Saving the life of an insect has got to be one of the most annoying things ever. That language barrier is a killer)

I remember this one time where this spider ran out from under my bed and had a manly stare down with my cat. I don't know what they were doing, my cat were doing paw motions, and the spider was moving in odd ways. Once they finished, the spider ran back under my bed and my cat got up and did his thing elsewhere. I don't know what they were talking about but I felt so left out DX Why did humans have to separate themselves from nature so much???? DX I would have loved to be like like "Hey guys, watcha talkin about?" and the spider be like "Heyo good sir, your cat and I were having thine discussion on the topic of your carpet." and my cat be like "Yeah, your carpet sucks, vacuum it."

And then this one time where I was taking a shower, I turn around, see a spider running then it just stops. so after a 30 second manly stare off I think the spider was like "We cool?" And I was like "We cool" And then the spider ran off and went somewhere else. Life is so much more interesting when see other creatures as an equal instead of something to kill off for the horrendous act of!!!!!!!!!! annoying you -.-

Just reading this.... I can tell you're an awesome person xD

Thought I'd share this. Pretty neat graphic with interesting info:

zWGEv74.gif

Last edited:
Facehuggers look like Spiders.

Therefore everyone get's Hugs! :3

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: 1 person
How about no.

Wolf spiders are the only spiders I can tolerate. They're just... so fluffy-looking. Not to mention they're everywhere here and I've grown used to their offending presence. I've had a few baby ones casually crawl from out of my jacket sleeves. Of course I screamed but you know- spiders do that to some people.

If it were any other spider, all of my hoodies would be outside tossed into a bonfire.

Spider2_W_20jul12_rex_b.jpg

"Like my new hat?"

I had a spider come out of the toilet...right before I sat on it. Nice save.

I just had the coolest experience ever

This spider in my room was a parkour master XD It was a light brown spider that was parkouring around my blinds yesterday but was far too fast for me to even try to catch it. Just a moment ago I saw it parkouring around my computer so I was like "You are one cool spider... But you look like the most poisonous thing in the world, sooooo i'm gonna have to put you outside. So I get the cup in his path and he steps on it, runs the other way so I lift the cup and it turns out he attached his web to it, so I start walking outside as he starts climbing the web and gets on the outside of the cup, so he starts walking around and when I get outside, he attaches a web and climbs down it to the sidewalk and runs to the grass.

That has gotta be the easiest capture I've ever had with a spider, it perfectly understood what I wanted, and synced its movements with mine... Now I'm debating if I shoulda let it hang out in my room or not DX On one hand, we could have had a misunderstanding, I could have accidentially killed it and it coulda bit mah in response which coulda been bad. On the other hand, I actually believe that it could have given me super powers XD

Now that I think about it, I shoulda took a picture. This guy was pretty big.

EDIT: And just now when I went into my house, I saw another spider running towards the door, so I kept the door open and it ran straight out. These spiders just know. I think I control spiders o.o The pharaoh is also a spider king ^^

Okay, so about 10 minutes ago I was lying down trying to sleep. I heard a light tapping sound, and seconds later a thick-bodied and legged harvest spider scurried across my pillow, inches from my face, and behind the headboard. Naturally, I cried 'Shitting Hell!' before rolling backwards in the opposite direction and off the bed.

I quickly jumped back on the bed when I realised it might go back down to the floor, which it did when I saw it now at the foot of my wardrobe, and was frozen in panic when I realised I had no shoes or gloves handy to put on (they make me feel a lot safer, as mentioned before). Whilst shivering and muttering 'shit-shit-bollocks' repeatedly, the spider went back under and behind my bed. I decided that I wasn't going to stay here while that vicious monster was on the loose, so I grabbed my pillow and dropped back to the floor (at the foot of the bed, so I can get a clear path of my escape route whilst being far away from the beast as possible) and wouldn't you know it? It had come out from the side and was lurking at the bottom of the door, cutting my escape and trapping me in. It was out for me, I know it!

So, that's when I decided to man up and take it on. I picked up my ankle weights and squashed it, growling 'Take that, you demonic little bastard!'

I reluctantly checked underneath, at an arm's distance, and it was dead. Despite all I have said, however, and that I am feeling a lot more relaxed now that I know it's gone forever, I'm none too proud of killing it. If I hadn't been awake at the time, it would have gone by unnoticed and found itself a small hole to crawl into or a spot on the wall to catch annoying flies, mosquitoes and moths. It was really just a creature that was minding it's own business, but happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Oh well, sell the lavvy, as the French say.