Spellheart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meijin Kobitora's Font.png
Meijin looked at the damage she had just caused. She had probably just ruined all of the chances to become friends with some of the group that she was going to study magic with. I just took my first impression and sent it flying out the window. People probably think I'm crazy and they probably think that I'm so weird... It wouldn't surprise me if they did. I mean... After that entire situation just happened... And I used the word 'girlfriend'. WHAT WAS I THINKING?! We haven't even gone on our first date and we haven't even really gotten to know each other yet! I bet Astra hates me. She probably hates me for a lot of reasons. Probably because I'm crazy, incompetent, unable to control myself in public, stupid, and-

"Nonna didn't do anything like that to me. We are just starting to become friends and I want that. So please, don't say anything unreasonable things like that."

Meijin came back to her senses once she heard Astra say that. No. Astra wouldn't hate me. She might dislike the way I act, but she wouldn't hate. She doesn't enjoy having to fight people, but it's a necessity in the world of mages. Astra's being considerate and I'm taking it and twisting into what I want it to be. I guess I want it to be love, but... Right now that doesn't matter. I need to apologize. Meijin looked Astra in the eye. "I... I know, it's just that..." She shook her head, trying to think of the right words. "I... I'm sorry. I'll try not to misunderstand. It's just..." I should explain what happened with Fuko. Or be somewhat general about it. It might make her pity me, but... She might need to know where all of this hostility is coming from. Meijin grabbed Astra's hand and pulled her to where she believed no one could hear. "Astra, I'm really sorry, and I know that I've been doing some things that are probably going to distance me from you. But... I..." Meijin clenched fists in both of her hands and she felt tears welling up in her eyes. "Something happened a long time ago. Something I can't forget. And... I'm worried that something like that might happen again, so... I... I don't want to lose what we have." Right then, Meijin started to cry. "Our friendship, love, whatever it is. I want to keep it, so I'm sorry for misunderstanding and... I'm sorry that I'm being so selfish asking for something like this. I'm sorry for being such a complete idiot. I'm sorry for being so completely reckless. It's unacceptable and I feel horrible. So please forgive me." Meijin looked at the ground for a second before looked back at Astra with tears streaming down her face. "Now... Let's go find a pair to fight. It should at least help us get our minds off this situation." Meijin looked desperate to leave. She didn't want to make anyone else unhappy and she was sure while Nonna was around, she was going to do something reckless. I'll have to go apologize to everyone later today... I did something very unacceptable and very rude. I just hope that Astra will understand my need to get away from this and focus on something else right now.

Enoch Brody
@gamer5

Enoch lingered back, he still seemed hesitant to pick who he would be battling with at the moment, so, instead, he figured he'd just pair with whoever was left; perhaps it would be better that way? The factor of randomness appealed to him a little, but, he wasn't sure if this would be the best idea he'd ever had... Perhaps he'd figure out if it was soon enough, whenever the sparring matches started anyways, that is, unless someone approached him first, which, he wasn't entirely confident in such a thing happening. Normally though, he wasn't approached all that often... But, then again, he hadn't ever participated in an event like this before, so... One could never tell really, could they? Enoch was certain he himself couldn't tell at least, he was sure somewhere out there... Someone would be able to, if they could see the future that was. Realizing his thoughts were quickly getting off-track, he shook his head briefly, snapping himself out of it before he got himself too distracted, as he sometimes tended to, it was one of those habits he needed to work around somehow. Perhaps it was because he was starting to get bored waiting for the sparring matches to start? In the end, he figured he was better off just looking for people to spar with... Well, maybe.

It was a little frustrating indeed to realize that he still had no idea who to start with; pairs and "teams" of sorts were already being formed, but, for some reason, he found himself practically glued to the spot, as if something in him was holding him back. Wondering if it would help, he patted his map again for reassurance, even if they were going to be in the same spot for most of the time, hoping it would somehow "unstick" himself from the spot... But, nope, no such luck as it was more of a mental restraint than a physical one. Eventually, his eyes landed upon someone who had arrived rather late, it seemed that she was also without a partner, though, she was chatting with Lancelot for the moment, so, he hung back, leaning against the wall a bit until that was over. Then, trying to "play it cool" as one would say, he started to step forwards, one foot in front of the other, it wasn't supposed to be that hard, but, his legs felt like lead. This would mark the very first time he would request to spar with someone in his life, and it was relatively abnormal for him but... He'd probably have to do something sooner or later, otherwise he'd get distracted by his thoughts again, which wasn't good when the sparring should be starting soon...​

Last edited:
"They'll let you know what to do." Lancelot continues onward, leaving Farya to her own devices.
With a quick "Thank you Sir, until later," Fárya turns away from the distancing Lancelot. With a steady pace she comes up to the group and speaks to them: "Hello there. Sit Lancelot said that you are the group that I will be training with. I am Fárya Gërénhürn." She glances over the different individuals - a tall and strong looking blond man, a girl with brown hair tied in two short tails by red ribbons, another blond man, with especially light blue eyes, a black-haired twin-tails girl of smaller height, another girl, this one with short brown hair, two black haired guys one taller, one shorter and in the end a dark drown haired man. Some had weapons, just like she carried her own hunting bow and it's quiver on her back. She wondered who will speak to her first, what were their stories, what brought them here, what were their hopes, dreams and (dis)illusions...

Astra listens carefully to Meijin, watching her curiously. It definitely seemed like Meijin felt a lot towards her already. While Astra definitely though Meijin was attractive, there really wasn't any passion behind it for her. When all is said and done, all that really happened between them was some small talk. Astra wasn't ready to say anything about their relationship just yet, much less about if it were love. All that Astra really knew was that Meijin must have a lot of investment in her, and that was a bit intimidating. Astra realized that she wouldn't be able to succeed with Meijin unless she expressed exactly what she was looking for from Meijin.

So speaking her mind, "Meijin. I know that for you, this is probably pretty complicated, but for me it isn't. When I said I wanted to date you, I just thought that you were really pretty, and I thought that you'd be someone who was up for having a fun time. I wanted to date you because I wanted to get to know you better, and to have a lot of fun together. I don't even want to think about what comes after that. It makes me feel anxious. When I hear things like you calling me your girlfriend, getting defensive of me, and that you don't want to lose me, it makes it weird for me."

Astra looks down toward the ground glumly, "And seeing you cry over me like this, makes me feel guilty for not feeling more, but it has only been a few hours that I've known you, and I hardly know anything about you." Astra looks back towards Meijin, "And if people think that you are going to blow up on them, or even just dislike when they make contact with me, then everyone is going to hold me at a distance." Astra looks somewhat withdrawn, "Having Nonna release me like that, and to watch you say all those things… I didn't like it. I don't want it to be that way."

Astra puts her hand on Meijin's face, softly touching her tears, "And if you don't feel secure in having me make physical contact with others, I'm worried this isn't the last time I'll make you cry like this." Astra removes her hand, placing it at her side, "It isn't any good, unless everyone can smile." Guiltily, "And I know, you probably just wanted to leave to the fights and leave this all behind you… But I couldn't just leave it all unsaid."

Enoch Brody
@gamer5

Enoch finally approached as the girl, though, he abruptly stopped when he saw her turn towards the group suddenly, which caused him to stop momentarily, having been caught off-guard a bit... Though his expression revealed little to nothing, he had indeed been startled, despite his efforts to play it cool, this wasn't exactly a good start to his approach, but, he wasn't about to lose his composure just yet. With one final effort, he closed the remaining distance between him and her before clearing his throat quietly "Would you like to spar with me?" he asked, sounding as calm as he could possibly try to be in a situation like this. It was probably a lame start to a conversation, but, that request was the only thing on his mind at the moment, so, he figured he'd get it over with and just say it. Not like he blurted it out or anything, but, he might as well have; one thing he had really neglected to practice at all were his social skills, and, such a thing became painfully obvious to him right now. Just one of the few things he regretted about living life the way he did back at home with his parents, though, all he could hope for here is that he doesn't mess up too badly here, otherwise things could get quite embarrassing indeed...​

Nonna shoved her way through the Arena crowd as she looked around for the match-makers. She didn't understand how matches were formed when she entered the Arena, but just by looking around one can deduce how things work. Among the many groups and crowds of apprentice mages were people carrying portraits of landscapes and strange places. In addition, many of the apprentice mages were conversing with these people in a different way then when they spoke to their Knight leaders or peers. Nonna assumed that they were in charge of all the matches, maybe judges or referees. Whatever the case, simply listening in on the idle background chatter told Nonna that they created the battlefield for mages to fight in. That was all Nonna needed to know, so now she was searching for a portrait that caught her eye. Or, at least, one that wasn't swarmed by prospective combatants already.

"Are you looking for a match?"

Those words caught Nonna's attention due to their close proximity. Turning her head towards the direction of the voice's origin, she was met face-to-face with a woman slightly older than Nonna.

The woman had a kind face framed by a red hood. Her eyes were closed lightly, giving her a relaxed, content expression. The woman's face was smooth, the only sharp features being her narrow jaw ending with a small chin. Her full lips were curved into a warm and caring smile. She had a strong nose, but it only served to accentuate her motherly appeal. She could even be considered beautiful...

...if not for the fact that the woman was practically leaning over Nonna's shoulder and her face was uncomfortably close to Nonna's.

"Yes, and I'll have an easier time finding one without someone climbing onto my back."
...Would've been Nonna's first words, but she bit down her tongue. Nonna noticed the large portrait behind the woman's back. This woman wasn't swarmed like all the others, and Nonna wondered why she approached them herself instead of waiting for a group to find her. Regardless, Nonna was getting uncomfortable with Caelis trailing behind her, and this was the first chance she had to get right into a match. If she let her wariness get ahead of her, Caelis might assume that Nonna was stalling for time and... open his mouth again. Nonna would do anything to keep Caelis quiet, at least until their match was over. She didn't want to trip in his words again. Realizing the woman's smile has lessened somewhat and her brows were furrowing, Nonna quickly replied.

"Uh, yeah, sure."

Good girl! The woman's face brightened again and she took a step back to give Nonna back her personal space, also allowing Nonna to get a good look at her full body this time.

As she did that, Nonna realized that the red hood she wore was actually her hair! A large mass of unnatural ruby red that parted evenly from her forehead and flowed down to her shoulders where it disappeared underneath her within the rest of her clothes. Nonna didn't know the full length of her hair hidden within until the red swaying object behind the woman caught Nonna's attention. It was more of the woman's hair, tied as a large braid and reaching down below her waist. Nonna frowned slightly, wondering what type of person this woman was to be able to deal with that much hair.

The woman's outfit was complex. Snow-white bell-sleeves escaped from the silver cuirass. Also on top of her shoulders were silver spaulders. A blue fabric was wrapped around her arms, but Nonna couldn't tell if it was the same piece on both arms or different, similarly colored fabrics. A red sash that held numerous golden rings was worn around her waist like a belt, separating her black and white jacket and an off-white, slightly pink long skirt. Uncharacteristic from her eccentric outfit, she had simple and cheap sandles on her feet.

Nonna wondered why she wore armor since she didn't seem to be a mage, but it wasn't the strangest outfit she saw today. Regardless of her companion's dubious fashion sense, Nonna surmised that the woman could be a traveler. It explained why she was alone and why she had such strange clothes, or at least to Nonna it did.

Bringing around the portrait the woman held behind her, Nonna grimaced when she saw what was on it. A cloud-like area with a few pearly pillars breaking up the monotonous, fluffy ground. It was a little soft for Nonna's tastes, but she hesitantly shook her head in agreement.

"Excellent!" the woman chimed excitedly, her beaming smile and still-closed eyes making Nonna start to feel a little nervous at picking her to be the match-maker. "I am Iola, and I'll be your Illusionspace Vendor. Since I haven't seen your faces around, may I assume this is your first time in the Arena?" Nonna raised an eyebrow at that statement, since Iola hadn't opened her eyes once since she began speaking to them. Before Nonna could reply, though, Iola immediately continued, "You must have a partner to be able to participate in the Arena matches. Where is your partner?"

Nonna winced as Iola said that, and then she slowly turned her head and stared daggers at Caelis. Nonna opened her mouth to speak, but Iola beat her to it. Again.

"Excellent! Please come over here, dear sir."

Nonna looked back at Iola incredulously, annoyed that she couldn't find out how Iola was able to see through her closed eyelids. Not that she wasn't angry already, but this just made her even moreso. But again, Iola cut her thoughts short as she spoke up again. That was also annoying!

"Today my featured area is based on the freedom of clouds. It is wide and open, perfect for exciting, intense matches of any kind without too many obstructions! Of course, I can tweak it to your liking and I accept suggestions for tomorrows areas! Now, I will ask you a question and I want you to think really hard about it before answering. Do you want to remember what happens in the match?"

Nonna scoffed, finally finding a moment to speak. "Of course. I mean, it's not li-"

"Please take this time to think it over carefully," Iola interrupted sharply, her smile still on her face though it was not as warm as before, "It is not strange nor shameful to want to forget about the match the first few times." Nonna snarled at Iola's unchanging smile quietly as she pretended to ponder over it. She wasn't going to change her answer, regardless of what the woman said. She'll just answer again after Caelis does. Nonna imagined that it'd be long enough that Iola wouldn't complain then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Meijin felt horrible and couldn't stop crying. Meijin knew that what she had done was wrong and even after apologizing to Astra, she didn't feel any better. I just can't do anything right, can I? She laughed at herself for her pity. For a few seconds, she felt like she was going to die. She just couldn't handle having done something so horrible to two people. Not only that it was horrible, but she probably embarrassed the entire group! Meijin shook her head as she looked back at Astra. And then Astra started to speak her mind. She's probably going to start yelling at me and then everything's going to be done. No chance of friendship. I deserve that. I deserve to never talk to Astra again. But to Meijin's surprise, Astra wasn't malicious toward Meijin.

Astra told Meijin that she knew that this might feel complicated to her. She's right. This is new to me... And I'm probably making a big deal out of nothing. I mean... I do feel something, but... It's not okay to go and force it on her, right? As Astra continued to talk, she felt even worse about what she had done. Meijin realized that she was being very selfish in this situation. I didn't even consider what Astra felt like. I'm... I'm being super selfish and I need to fix this. I'll just have to keep these feelings inside of me for now. Since... Astra doesn't want me to go and keep her all to myself. That's not fair to everyone else.

As Astra finished, Meijin felt like her heart had been bashed into a thousand pieces, but she smiled. She smiled through the pain and wiped away the last of her tears. "A-Astra... I didn't realize that you felt like that." Meijin looked at the ground for a few seconds before looked Astra in the eye again. "I'm sorry for being so selfish. I... I didn't even consider you. I... I sometimes just do some things that I don't mean. And... I guess this was one of those times. So... From now on, I want you to yell at me when I'm doing something that you don't think is okay. I don't care if I'm mad or if I'm just... Or if I'm just being myself. I want you to yell at me. I don't want to cause other people pain. I... I want to help them. And I can't help them if I'm not a kind person who can make someone happy in every situation." Meijin took a deep breath. "I know that might be asking a lot of you, but... I still want your help. I think you're the most kind and honest person and I want to learn from you."

Before Astra could respond, Meijin grabbed Astra's hand and started walking. "I... I'm sorry for crying. And... I'm sorry for getting so angry. Let's just go and battle, okay?" I... I'm just afraid of hearing what she'd want to say to that, so I practically ran away... I... I just don't want to hear that she doesn't want to help me. I'm afraid that she might hate me right now. I'm... Really scared. And hopefully, this battle will take my mind off of it for a while.

Astra watches Meijin, feeling something very much like pity. While it definitely seemed like Meijin received the message she was trying to send well, that silent fear that she'd never want to remember a fight slowly crept back. Meijin, the poor thing is so remorseful for her actions. She just made an outburst, but she looks like she broke someone's legs. Plus, she keeps trying to run away from the things I have to say. This is the second time in a row that she tried to have the last word. It would be one thing if she did this because she had an ego. That would actually be preferable. Meijin runs away like she is scared of thinking even less of herself, and that if she listened too long, she might not be able to keep up that façade she shows the world.

Plus, Astra thought grimly, "It was never possible to be the kind of person who can make everyone happy." Yet in spite of these thoughts, Astra kept an innocent and cheerful smile. "I'll teach you what I can, but in the end I'm probably not good for much other than being cute. I'm not sure what to tell you about complicated things like making people happy, but keeping things simple helps. That, and being patient so you can have some time to think. If you just try to do the first thing that comes to mind, you'll probably regret it if you haven't trained your reflexes first." Astra holds onto Meijin's arm, "But if you are dragging me around like this, does that mean that you want to pair up for the first fight?"

Caelis simply followed Nonna as she led the way into the arena. He was taking the time to prepare himself mentally and absorbing the environment. There wasn't much to see at first. Until they ran into Iola. Caelis couldn't exactly tell if she was a mage as well. But, despite her closed eyes, she had the uncanny ability to "see" without her eyes. He was a bit wary of her. If she managed to see through a spell, then that meant that she was powerful enough to maintain a spell continuously for hours. Caelis then came to notice the portrait that showcased today's arena setup. It looked like they would be practically on top of a cloud, and it was a relatively open space. Caelis wasn't particularly happy since it meant that ranged spells had a bit of an advantage. Plus, it was going to be harder to dodge spells since there wasn't much cover. Still, Caelis agreed to a match, and he wasn't one to back down on his word so easily.

Caelis spoke up "Thank you for your concern, Iola. But, the purpose of the arena is to learn through experience. How are we supposed to learn if we can't remember? Every mistake, every second, every step, is important in a fight, so we might as well try to learn as soon as possible. Besides, we need to know the results." Caelis then looked at Nonna, who had practically been glaring at him the entire time, and said "Are you ready?"

Vandal
Late again

Vandal woke up to the bright rays of the setting sun. He squinted into the light almost glaring and shifting around to lay on his other side. The traveling cloak that he had used as a blanket was the same rustic brown as before, still too short to cover all of him. The more or less gentle movement of the cart he was inside helped Vandal get back to what he had been doing, sleeping the day away. The night before he had walked with one of the knights guarding their little convoy. Even now he could see the same Knight snoring softly deeper in the covered wagon. All that and the hushed conversations he could hear from his spot lulled him back to sleep a small smile on his face.

He couldn't of slept for more then a few minutes more when a not so soft kick in the arse brought him back to reality. Pushing himself up Vandal stood as straight as he could in the back of a cart, glaring daggers at the man who had kicked him. The man stood outside the cart, his arms folded across his chest as he stared past his massive beard at Vandal. "Out," he said curtly motioning with one arm to the world outside of the cart. Vandal said nothing, stifling a yawn behind his hand as he picked up his cloak off the ground. Dusting it off he fitted it around his neck before slipping out of the cart and into the open air.

It was like emerging into a brand new world. All around him a bustling town wen't about its business. People were talking and laughing, nearby shops were open with people selling their merchandise. Most important of all however was that the man had parked the cart right beside the entrance of the mage district. Vandal had moved in a slow circle taking it all in, the moment he saw the Mage district his tired face lit up a smile breaking onto his face. The man watching this all smiled too, "Thought you were that want to be mage we were traveling with so I brought you here. "

Vandal turned to look him up and down before offering a hand to shake which the man gladly took. In fact the mans grip was like iron, all Vandal could do was not wince and try not to lose his hand. "The names Vandal," he managed to say "I appreciate you bringing me here. "

Releasing Vandals hand the man just shook his head and laughed. "Don't thank me boy, if you would of gotten up with the other travelers you wouldn't be so late. That knight who was traveling with us said something about you missing trainging- Heyy! Where are you going!"

The man continued to yell after him for a few moments more before giving up. Vandal on his part only heard one thing the man had said, that he was late. How could I be so stupid, he berated himself silently. Not only are you late, but its your first day!! Running into the entrance of the Mage district he was stopped by a couple knights questioning him on who he was and where he was going. Vandal quickly explained to them that he should of been here to start training. One just frowned at him disapprovingly the other however just laughed and waved him through without another word.

Once inside Vandal slowed down his pace. No need to potentially mow someone down running at full tilt, especially since he was already late. Instead he walked in the large crowd letting the flow of people take him around the district. He looked around enjoying all the sights and smells of a fully functioning mage district all the while being moved toward the what seemed to be the center of this place. With a few more minutes of walking Vandal managed to arrive at the Arena.

He saw all the mages gearing for battle, the people everywhere holding up pictures of landscapes. Vandal hadn't been this excited since he first started using magic. It took all of Vandals self control not the run around trying to get a better look. Still, he couldn't keep the goofy grin off his face. He walked as casually as he could trying to find Sir Lancelot near the arena. It was him he was suppose to be training under anyway along with other mages. His search however didn't last long, all thought of finding the knight stopped when Vandal spotted a women with ruby red hair. Vandal did his best to stifle the grin on his face as he walked over to get closer. She was one of the people holding Landscapes, a beautiful expanse of clouds from what he could tell standing so far away. She was talking to two other people a women and a man, both dressed ready to fight.

Vandal walked right between them toward the women. He crouched down to take a closer look at the at her landscape. "Its beautiful." he said once he stood up. giving the women his go to lopsided smile before turning to the other two. "You guys gonna fight there? That's how these fights work right?" Looking them both up and down his smirk grew. "I'd have to put money on the cute Burnett," he said addressing the man "Sorry kid, can't hit someone cute, its a crime. " Once again he turned away from them focusing all his attention on the red head. Offering his hand to her he smiled once again. "Names Vandal, anyway I could watch the fight? I'm new and don't know how all this works."

[BCOLOR=transparent]As Meijin continued holding Astra's hand, she thought it was obvious that the two were going to fight together. Though, after Astra had said a few things, Meijin realized that she never outrightly said that they were fighting together. She stopped for a second and turned around to Astra. "Ah! I didn't even realize that I hadn't told you! Umm… I-Is that okay? I kind of just forced it on you." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Again. I forced something onto her AGAIN. Why do I keep doing that? I… I just don't know why I keep doing that. I… I guess that maybe I'm a bit more assertive than I make myself out to be. But… That's why I need to learn from Astra. I need to learn what it's like to be strong and kind and… And cheery. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]As Meijin looked at Astra, she laughed at herself. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Did I really make myself out to be this kind person who always makes others happy? Astra… Astra just… Astra's basically the embodiment of everything I want or want to be. Why can't I just be like Astra?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Meijin shook her head to clear herself of any more doubtful thoughts about herself. Right after she had composed herself a bit, she saw Nonna and Caelis. Next to them, there was a strange boy who, for some odd reason, intrigued her. "Oh! Astra… If we're going to fight together… Should we fight him? He seems interesting. And maybe we could get him to help us find a good vendor!"[/BCOLOR]

Though her warm smile remained unchanged, the rest of Iola's expression was full of worry and anxiety. She turned to Nonna, but she just nodded her head in agreement. Iola looked distressed for a moment, bringing a loosely closed fist to her lips as she shook her head. Nonna huffed impatiently, suddenly bringing Iola back to them.

"I... I will ask you again when the match finishes," Iola insisted, her warm aura from before reappearing and replacing her current tension. "Now then-"

She suddenly cut off, facing ahead with her constant smile. Nonna furrowed her brows, her (already limited) patience nearing its end when suddenly a cloaked figure slipped past them and closely examined Iola's picture.

"It's beautiful."

Nonna marked them as a man based on their boyish voice and noticed that Iola looked positively thrilled at his compliment. She wondered if the Vendor would start going off again, but instead the intrusive man turned to Nonna and Caelis and asked how the Arena fights worked. Iola gleefully began tutoring them all and explaining everything about the Arena, but Nonna tuned her out. The cloaked man did the same, apparently, instead focusing on sizing them up. Nonna instinctively puffed out her chest and assumed an intimidating, ready-to-fight stance. When he told them his opinion of Nonna's victory, she grinned triumphantly at Caelis, only to turn back to the man angrily when he explained why. She was only called cute by her parents, and even then it wasn't very often. Nonna would've been surprised, maybe even a bit happy if under different circumstances. But, to say she'll win a fight simply because she's cute? Nonna wasn't happy about that at all.

She growled when he turned his back immediately after saying his piece. She recalled a similar scene that happened earlier with Caelis, but she bit her lip and held her temper back. One at a time, she told herself mentally as she glared at his back. Right now, Caelis was her target; she affirmed to herself that there was no point chasing after two hares. He introduced himself (more to Iola than anyone else) as Vandal and asked to watch their fight. Iola, who had not noticed that she was being ignored in her explanation of the Arena's purpose and use, clasped her hands in excitement.

"Yes!" she sang happily, though she strangely ignored the offered hand despite her excitement. "Yes, you can watch their fight for reference. I can show you how everything works, but first," Iola paused as she looked at Caelis and Nonna and nodded apologetically, "I should allow these children to start their battle."

"Finally," Nonna grumbled under her breath. She clicked her tongue when Iola referred to them as children, but avoided being too loud so as to not get another earful from the Illusionspace Vendor.

"Since it is your first time, I will help walk you through entering the Illusionspace. It isn't a difficult process, but it is a complex feeling for many and can be confusing at first if you don't have any help. I believe you'll be able to pick it right up after this, though!" She exclaimed excitedly as she held up the landscape.

"First, focus on this picture. This will be your Arena. I can change some features at will, even during combat if you want, but no matter what it will look like this picture. This picture will be your doorway for now. Later, you can join any Illusionspace just through your will alone, and you won't even need to see what the battlefield looks like before you enter it. You could also enter one to see if it suits your needs, you don't have always have to-"

"Um."

"O-oh. Right! Sorry, I got off track," Iola laughed nervously before clearing her throat and continuing. "I want you to focus on this image. Put yourself in it, surrounded by the clouds and pillars in this landscape. Focus, and keep this image in your mind."

Nonna was skeptical but followed Iola's instructions until she felt a strange pull towards the image. She reflexively fought back, but Iola continued calmly, "Let yourself in. I will be with you the whole way, so trust me."

Warily, Nonna complied. The pull was quick, almost instant.

...And that was it. Nonna looked around, seeing the crowds of the Arena and the occasional picture of different lands. Nothing had happened. Nonna looked back furiously at the smiling Iola, but instantly felt something else when her eyes saw the cloud-like landscape in Iola's hands. Something felt... off. When Nonna focused on the image, the Arena melted away into clouds with distant pillars. Nonna, however, was standing on one of the pillars. They were massive, wide structures that towered above the clouds below. Nonna estimated the column to be at least thirty, maybe fourty meters across. Looking over the edge, she exhaled sharply and took a step back. She was back in the Arena, with Iola giggling at Nonna's reaction. Nonna stared at the landscape for a moment, reaffirming that she was still in the Arena and preparing herself to face the image she saw again. It didn't take long before she reentered the Illusionspace, looked over the edge of the column once again, and nervously laughed.

She saw Caelis down there, in an open field of clouds.

...And only a small distance away, was Nonna.

Reactions: Honor-Sama
[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra looks up cheerfully, "Of course it is alright. I was worried that after everything that happened, you wouldn't want to do something like that with me. I mean, you seem like you are the type to take things hard, and I just said all that to you, so…" Lightening the mood, "Anyway, it is good to hear you still want to. Though, sorry, there are a lot of people here, who did you want to fight[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eijin looked at Astra and pointed towards the guy in the cloak next to Nonna and Caelis. "Oh! He's right over there. Right next to Caelis and Nonna, see? Let's go head over the-" [/BCOLOR]I was just about to do it again. Meijin, you need to stop. You need to make sure that you don't drag Astra around and force things on her. It's not right. To cover up her previous mistake, she laughed and rubbed the back of her nec[BCOLOR=transparent]k.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]E[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]xamining Meijin curiously, she wondered exactly why she was acting like she had cut herself off mid-sentence. She was just in the middle of showing me over, and then suddenly backed off like there was a deadly beast around the corner. That being said it wasn't like she couldn't figure out who she was talking about. There were several people over by Nonna and Caelis, but she could tell that one in particular seemed to be talking with them or something. He didn't seem to have any terribly distinct features though, so Astra couldn't help but wonder what lead Meijin to select him as an opponent, especially since it was entirely possible that he wouldn't have a partner. Astra looks at Meijin directly in the eyes, though not having a sense of urgency or importance, "You want to fight the one with the dark clothes and the hood right[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]hough Vandal had just been brushed off by the beautiful red head, he couldn't help but watch with a mix of excitement and anticipation as she walked them all through entering Illusionspace. He did as they were instructed, staring at the landscape as he felt the same pull the others did as well. The world around him slowly began to fade into a much more beautiful place but like the girl beside him, Vandal pulled back, not wanting to get sucked into their match. It was an interesting experience, but now that he understood how the whole thing worked he grew bored of their match and decided to go out and find his own. Turning away from the trio he was about to make his way to another vender when he spotted a pair of girls staring directly at him. Flattered and confused he did the first thing that came to his mind and gave them a bright smile and winked in their directio[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]n.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eijin looked at Astra and said, "Yeah! He's the one!" Immediately after she said that, Meijin noticed that the guy winked and gave them a smile. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Umm… Is he trying to hit on us? I sure hope not…[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] "Umm… Did he just wink and smile at us?" Meijin paused for a second before she thought of something. "Maybe that's his way of allowing us to come over to him?" [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I sure hope that's the case… If not, then… That's a bit strang[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]e.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra gives a short laugh in response, "Well, from his perspective, it probably seems like we are flirting. I mean, we really don't know him, but both of us stopped to look at him at the same time. I even pointed him out. Basically anyone would misunderstand right?" Astra brightens her smile, "But, you probably aren't wrong in thinking he wants us to come over." Looking slightly mischievous, "Wanna go burst his bubble[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Leon got brushed off by Meijin, he knew that he was going to battle her one way or another. Even if he had to take extreme measures to make sure that he could. Though, he waited a bit to execute the plan he had in his head. As he stood there for a moment, many of things happened. Meijin started crying again and ran off with Astra. Enoch tried to challenge someone and got completely brushed off. Nonna challenged Caelis and went to go battle.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]After all these things happened, Leon decided that he would put his plan into motion. He went over to a nearby alley and opened a wooden crate. Leon took off his black battle robes and placed them into the box. A slight smile grew on his face. He closed the lid of the crate and placed a nearby bag of flour on top of his robes. Leon walked back towards the group, ruffling his hair and practicing a deeper voice to fool his target.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]When Leon arrived back at the arena, a new face joined the group and was taking the attention of Meijin and Astra. Perfectly convenient. Leon thought to himself, making his way towards the two females. As he made his way over, he stared at the new face. If Meijin and Astra are planning on battling him, it might be best if I make my way over to him.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Mid-way to Meijin and Astra, he changed his destination. He walked behind the guy and whispered to him. "Those two girls want to fight you. If you need a partner to fight them, I'd be happy to lend you a han[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]d."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eijin looked to Astra and listened to what she had to say. "I… I guess you're right. Anyone in that position might get confused. And if you want to go burst his bubble, I'd be happy to accompany you!" Meijin smiled as she looked to Astra for her answe[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]r.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]andal stood his fingers laced behind his back as he watched the two girls talk amongst themselves. From this far and with the crowd swirling around he had no hope to catch what they were saying, he did see very clearly however, the twin smiles on their face. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I wonder if they're interested in me as a person, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] he thought idly, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]or are they interested in battling.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]The answer to his inner thoughts came to him in the form of another stranger.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Slowly losing interest when the girls didn't immediately come his direction, Vandal gaze wandered to the others in the crowd when he picked out someone heading directly toward him. The tall dark and handsome type, he seemed very intent on walking Vandals direction. Vandal did nothing to stop him, letting the man be who continued his path and stopped right behind him. The hairs slowly raising on the back of his neck, the stranger did not help ease his unease when he started whispering in his ear. It took allot of willpower not to push the strange figure away from him, if the man was right however it would be easier just to go along with it instead of finding another willing stranger to help him. In Vandals experience the fortune favors the bold, so Vandal simply growled out "Let me do the talking." through his now fake smile and began making his way through the crowd toward the girl[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"W[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]ell, I would do that, but it looks like he is coming this way." Astra shrugs, "Maybe he is the bold type. Either way, I'm curious what he has to say." Astra lets go of Meijin, turning to face Vandal with her usual harmless and approachable loo[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]k.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s Vandal walked over, he took a moment to close his eyes and clear his head for a moment. Opening them again, he put on his trademarks lopsided grin stopping a few feet away from the pair. Bowing slightly as a greeting he pulled his hood back before finally speaking, "Hey there you two. Couldn't help but see you staring at me over here. The names Vandal, can I help you with anything[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s Meijin saw the guy walk over to them, Meijin giggled at his grin. It was cute, but… For some reason, it didn't impress her. The giggle wasn't out of pity or anything else. It was just Meijin's natural reaction to it. As he spoke to the pair, Meijin decided to speak first. "Hi Vandal. We've actually been looking for someone to battle and I spotted you and thought you'd be a good candidate! Oh yeah, by the way, my name's Meijin." Meijin smiled sweetly and did a cute laugh as she looked at him. She also noticed someone who lurked behind Vandal. "Is that your partner behind you?" Meijin turned to Astra. "How lucky[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]~"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s Meijin talked, Vandal couldn't help but to like her. Her smile and laugh was infectious it almost made Vandal hesitate. he didn't want to hurt these girls, yet they wanted to fight him. If someone, anyone wants to fight Vandal there was no way he was going to back down. Looking back to the stranger he gave him a small thumbs up before turning back to the duo. "Perfect actually, lets go get a vender and get this thing started. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Without waiting for anyone else, he turned on a heel and began walking to the first landscape he saw that interested him. It didn't take long at all, he had only made it 30 meters before a forest in the hands of a strange man in glasses caught his eye. He stood, leaning against a wall not far away from where Vandal was now. Unlike other Venders no one was crowding around them trying to get a chance to use their landscape. To question why however never crossed Vandals mind and as he changed direction and made his way toward the man the Vender saw him, straightened himself and met Vandal halfway. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"H-hey I saw you looking over my way, are you interested in using my landscape?"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He seemed relieved in some way to finally be talking to someone. [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Yes actually-" Vandal never got to finish his sentence. The moment he confirmed what the man thought, there was no stopping the torrent of words from erupting from the most unlikely of people.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]"Great!"[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] he began, holding up his landscape he almost shoved it into Vandals face trying to give him a closer look. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"As you can see, I based it off the forests near here, it features a central tranquil pool at its center. It reflects the dark horror that surrounds everyone's soul and the carnage and chaos that can occur. BUT as you can see, nothing can disturb the tranquil center as long as the angel within us all is watching over us."[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Thankfully for anyone listening he paused for a moment, looking from Vandal to the picture and back again. Vandal hoping to speak as well opened his mouth only to be cut off once again. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Unfortunately it's not complete, it still needs to experience the death of multiple lives in order for the art to really come to life. Please! I beg you to use my landscape!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]Finally done he paused and stared at Vandal expectantly who for the most part was at a loss of words. He had barely understood a single thing he said, still it was a landscape that he would do well in. So with a very animate sigh he said "Sure, me and a couple of people would be happy to." and waved over the other[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra knows even from a distance that the vendor sent up a few red flags just by the dumbfounded expression on Vandal's face. That being said, she also knew that such a reaction was not a cause for concern. Some of these illusionspace vendors have quite the personality. It makes sense when you realize that their entire day is spent making false worlds. While some just look at it as a job, the ones who are passionate about it tend to be very colorful characters. What Astra was concerned about however, was that Vandal seemed to have no objections to fighting in a forest. This was a tell that he doesn't mind fighting in an arena with a lot of cover, and establishing line of sight was not important to him. Astra is in it to win it, so she starts negotiating, "Well, I don't know about that one. The forest looks kinda scary, plus it is humid, so it'll probably mess up my hair. Meijin, what do you think[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s Meijin followed Vandal to a nearby vendor, she noticed that he was a little… Strange, to say the least. He gave off an aura that scared Meijin a little bit and as she heard what few things he said. While Meijin was standing there after the conversation between Vandal and the strange vendor ended. Astra said a few things, which ended in a question about her views of the forest illusionspace. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]What do I think about the illusionspace? I suppose it's fine for me. I could always just uproot a tree and throw it at Vandal or his partner. But… I can't really see anyone in the forest. So even if I did get a glimpse of them… I don't think I'd be able to hit them. Plus, Astra did say it might mess up her impeccable hair. And it does look kind of scary. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]As Meijin looked at Astra, she held a nervous expression her face. "You're right Astra! It does look scary… And if it messed with my hair too…" Meijin put her face in her hands. "I don't even want to see what I'd look like with my hair like that[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]!"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]D[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]espite the fact that the vender was more than a little weird Vandal was content even happy with his choice of landscape. The two girls who never actually gave him their names on the other hand were happy to voice their concerns about the arena. Both of their reasons were remarkably stupid and Vandal had to actually bite his tongue not to tell them just that. He simply sighed under his breath pinching the bridge of his nose for a moment before smiling at them both. "Listen, you wanted to fight me, challenged me even. If you don't like my choice of landscape how about you go find someone else eh?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]It was at that time that the Vender who also had yet to give his name, H[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]as anyone in this town heard of manners, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]decided to butt in. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"Please!" he began dramatically holding his landscape closer to the girls. "Look how beautiful it is! The tranquil water, the shadows of the twilight sun, it's a [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]privilege[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] to die there. Just stare into the landscape and allow the magic to do its work. You'll be killing each other in no tim[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]e."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra looks with childish curiosity at Vandal, as if she didn't understand why he was upset. Though internally, this confirmed her suspicions that Vandal had picked a location that was favorable to him, and wanted to use the fact that Astra and Meijin initiated the challenge to pressure them going along with his selection. If this was the case, he would be in for more of a fight than he had realized. Astra speaks with a hint of worry in her voice, "I'm sorry mister. I didn't mean to scare you away or anything. I just put a lot of time into my hair, and I don't want it to get all messy during the fight. There are a lot of vendors here, and we can pick any illusionspace we want, so I just thought I could be a little picky. Did you really want to do this one[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]?"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eijin stood there and listened to what Vandal had to say. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]I-It's not like we're desperate to get into a battle, or anything… We could just as easily find someone to battle right next to us. Why is he pushing us away? I-It's not because we made him angry or something, right? You know what? I bet we made him angry… He did pinch his nose right before speaking, so… Isn't that one of the signs that someone might be angry? [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]After Meijin had finished with these few thoughts, she observed what Astra did. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Maybe… Not to make him angry I should do something like what Astra did. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]"I-I'm really sorry too! I-I didn't realize that you were so attached to this illusionspace. Maybe we should let him pick, Astra. I didn't realize that we were being so inconsiderate. Maybe we don't deserve to battle this guy… He just seems too good for u[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]s."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]L[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eon took the thumbs up as a sign of approval. He followed the two girls as they walked over to the man with the landscape. The place where they would be fighting seemed slightly out of Leon's favor but it would suffice. The trees should provide decent enough cover while the shadows should cover his movements. But the girls started to complain about the humidity and some other stupid stuff. Leon nearly spoke to dispel their worries. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Really? Its an illusion, nothing will happen to your hair…[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] He thought to himself, letting the three complain to each other. Leon internally wanted to just walk away from this vendor, [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]This guy is a real creep. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]But Leon still gave the [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]OK[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] sign with his hand to his soon to be all[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]y.[/BCOLOR] [BCOLOR=transparent] [/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]andal couldn't believe what he was hearing, T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]he things idiots will say… I don't even know if she's being serious or not! [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] It wasn't until the second one opened her big, stupid mouth that Vandal got angry. It wasn't obvious to anyone watching him, however his muscles tensed slightly and as she talked, obviously trying to push his buttons. Vandal simply stared at her, the usual mischievous glint in his eye slowly fading as he pulled the well worn cord from his pocket and began pulling his hair into a ponytai[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]l.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]B[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]efore Vandal gets a word in, as he shows his anger in the unique form of putting his hair into a ponytail, Astra bows her head to Vandal, her hair bouncing up, then hiding her eyes, in an attempt to show how sorry she was for Meijin's behavior. Worriedly, "I'm sorry. My friend is being very rude. She didn't mean to sound so hostile. She can be really sweet[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]—"[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]andal put a hand up in an attempt to stop her however. Finished putting up his hair he smiled warmly at the two of them in turn. "Don't be sorry; if anyone was being rude it was me." Turning to the ever saddening vender "I'm sorry but we probably won't be using your landscape." Turning back to the girls and his partner. "Where ever you guys want to fight, I will be happy to oblige, It makes no difference to me." [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Just as long as I get a chance to put a knife through your mout[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]h.[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra cringes as Vandal puts his hand up, fully expecting to be scolded, but to her surprise, Vandal actually acts quite cordially. Rising her head slowly, she looks upward towards Vandal with an ever happier expression as she learns that Vandal intended to let them pick the illusionspace they were going to fight in. As Vandal finishes his piece, Astra lunges as him, enveloping him into a hug. Cheerfully, "Thank you mister. You really didn't have to do that. I'm sorry we are being so picky." Astra snuggles her head once into his shoulder, and then looks up right into his eyes, "I'll make sure to pick fast so I can make it up to you."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]M[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]eijin watched as Vandal seemed to get angry. She immediately sunk to the mental level of 'I'm garbage. I belong on the streets and should die.' [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]H-How did I make him mad? I was trying to be sincere and nice. Maybe I'm just not cut out for this? Maybe I just can't be nice… I can't even make someone happy, unlike Astra, who can make anyone happy. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]As Meijin felt the need to cry, she heard Astra start apologizing on her behalf. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Astra even has to apologize for me because I've been so incompetent. Why does this always happen?[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] When Meijin thought they both might get slapped, she braced for the worst. But, it appeared that Vandal took it like a man and handled the situation very maturely. As she saw Astra go and embrace she felt a small surge of anger, but swallowed it because she thought that he deserved at least a hug. But… As Astra started to cuddle him, she couldn't contain herself. She clenched her fists until they turned white and stopped crying. [/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]Meijin. Control yourself. You said you wouldn't go out of control. You promised yourself and Astra. Quit it right now. Astra won't like you anymore if you get riled up.[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent] Meijin swallowed her burning anger and bowed toward Vandal. "I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to make you angry. I really meant that sincerely. I don't think I deserve to battle you because of the nice things you've done. Especially since I can't help but makes other people unhappy. As Astra said, we'll make sure to pick quickly so that we don't have to make you wai[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]t."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]T[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]he damage was done. It was a shame really, both of them seemed genuinely sincere, while one gave him a hug, cuddling up against chest, the other even cried over the fact that they had been rude. It didn't matter, in fact if anything, it only made things worst in Vandals mind. No one should insult someone such as they did and immediately think that just because apologies were exchanged that it made things right. Vandal didn't have much in life but his honor was one of them. So, staring into the cute girls eyes, Vandal ground his teeth behind a small smile. Observing the other one he could see how the first hugging him affected her so he slipped his arms around her and pulled her tighter into a hug. "No harm done guys," He said his tone light as his gaze shifted from one to stare directly at the other. "I wouldn't want any bad feelings between friends. Especially someone this cute!" As he said it he rubbed the small of Astras back, the small smile on his face growing bigger. He finally pulled away from the girl only to give her a sly wink. "Go on and pick one out for us, I can wait." He finally gave Astra space walking over to his partner to quietly whisper in his ear. "We'll destroy the[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]m."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]A[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]stra looks up towards Vandal, absolutely glowing with the kind of attention she was getting. It was much like she had grown accustomed to from her friends. But unfortunately, since she was so close to Vandal, practically on top of him, she could tell he was full of crap. His teeth were pressed together so tightly that it could probably guillotine a rat's head. There wasn't any judgement from Astra for Vandal to be so two-faced, especially not when she basically does the same thing all the time. Even still, Astra felt a strange kinship to Vandal, and wished that he wasn't unlucky enough to be selected as her opponent. "I'll be looking forward, to the day you can say that with a straight face." Astra immediately thrusts forward an illusionspace with no picture attached. It appears she had been holding onto one this entire time. She must have had someone make it for her in preparation for this day. Astra begins to explain, "This illusionspace is a replica of the town square. It has the fountains and the town hall building contained within it. I've been saving this for a while, since I've always wanted to have my first battle here. The spawn point is right outside the fountain on opposing ends. The match will start 15 seconds after entry." Astra clasps her hands behind her back, "Good luck everyone[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]."[/BCOLOR]

[BCOLOR=transparent]V[/BCOLOR][BCOLOR=transparent]andal had to admit that the girl was smarter than he originally thought. She called him out on a pretty big facade, it didn't anger Vandal however. In fact it was a relief that he didn't have to hide his animosity. Honestly it only made things easier, so with a smile he glared daggers at Astra and her landscape. "Glad you're not an idiot sugartits. Actions speak louder than words and maybe you are sorry for insulting me," he paused to glare at the other one for a moment "It still happened, but now we can fight. You win, and I will admit that I shouldn't of been so mean, you lose, then I'll get what I want, no grudge." With that he stepped toward the Illusionspace winking at Astra again, "Good luck, sugartits!" with that he jumped into the illusionspace.[/BCOLOR]
[BCOLOR=transparent]Fin[/BCOLOR]

With one final effort, he closed the remaining distance between him and her before clearing his throat quietly "Would you like to spar with me?" he asked, sounding as calm as he could possibly try to be in a situation like this.
The only one that paid any attention to Fárya's words was the tall, blond man that worn armor. Glancing over the rest of group and noticing that groups and pairs were being formed or have already formed, Fárya tough a bit about her answer and finally spoke: "Given that everyone else pretty much is teaming up I think that would be a better choice, especially if team battles are the common style of training fights in here." She then waited for the man to speak back, glancing over the rest of the group while doing so, but not keeping her attention on any of them longer then it took for her to get a clear and good look at them so she would remember them.

@york

Enoch Brody
@gamer5

Enoch nodded, he let himself relax a bit realizing his efforts hadn't been in vain, he glanced around for a moment, taking note that the others have already found partners, he turned back to her, figuring they might as well get started looking for a vendor. "I... Guess we should pick a place to fight..." He murmured, making a motion to head towards the vendors, but, stopped, deciding to wait for her "Oh... Uh... Where would you prefer to fight?" he asked, realizing it would be beneficial to consult his sparring partner to get an idea on the area she would like to fight in. So far, he had no preferences, but, that was mainly because he had yet to have a full fledged battle in his life, until now that is, all he could hope for was that his practice would pay off...​

Last edited:
Listening attentively to Iola's explanation, Caelis had little reason to pay attention to the random young man who came up to them and asked if he could watch. Caelis didn't have any reason to say no, so he just stayed silent. Iola went through her little speech, which Caelis was politely listening. However, he somewhat wished that she would get on with it. Regardless, it was nice to know that she was so concerned about the two and willing to share as much information as she could even though all of it wasn't exactly on topic or necessary at this point in time. Thus, Caelis thanked Nonna in his mind for getting Iola to finally get them into the arena.

Iole presented the picture. Caelis took a good look at it, and appreciated it like a painting. The clouds looked extremely soft as if simply breathing on them would cause them to squish. There were numerous shades of whites and pastels then just simply made the clouds look realistic. Then there were the mighty columns, behemoth structures much like the majestic palaces that Caelis had seen the columns adourn. He thought he could practically reach out and touch the firm column. He lifted his hand and reached. To his surprise, the next thing he felt was firm marble. He had entered the picture. Caelis looked around the cloudlike ground. It was really soft as expected. In fact, he had a slight childish desire to try and jump off one of the columns into the soft clouds.

But, Caelis looked up and saw Nonna looking down at him from the pillar that he had just touched. Caelis remembered why he came here in the first place. He quickly shelved his unnecessary thoughts. He then looked around for Iola and said "Iola, could you bring me up onto the pillar as well?" Next thing that Caelis knew, he was then slowly levitating up towards the top of the pillar. Once he landed with his two feet, Caelis looked at Nonna. He was thinking about how to start this match off. Yes, he agreed not to attack her directly to injure her. But, that didn't mean that there weren't alternatives to deter her from being able to attack easily. No, he would not lie down and let himself to easily be hit. The match gave Nonna a bit of an advantage, but Caelis still had some confidence that he would still come out the winner.

He then broke the silence and merely said "Are you ready?" He then put on the hood of his cloak and had his arms hidden behind his cloak. It was intentional as he rested his sword hand on his saber, a habit that he developed during prior interims before duels and fights. He was preparing himself mentally and physically as he slightly tensed up. He had to avoid being hit, so he had to be prepared to dodge and run in the worst case scenario. Caelis then said "Iola, would you do the honors of counting down so that we know when to begin this match?" There was no way or time to turn back now.

Nonna clicked her tongue as she saw Caelis rise up and floated towards her. She would've preferred fighting down on the limitless clouds rather than up here on this small gladiator ring on top of the column. She hadn't really used her magic in combat yet, but she nearly burned herself with a spell once during practice. Assuming all of her spells fully affected her as well, close combat wasn't her strong suit. During a moment of silence, Nonna casually strolled to the opposite side of the pillar from Caelis. She needed as much room as possible for her spells to be most effective.

"Are you ready?"

Nonna scoffed in response to Caelis' sudden question. Finding her spot in the column, she stopped ther and turned towards Caelis. She planted her left hand on her hip and raised her right hand, making an obscene gesture towards Caelis. With a vicious smile, she taunted, "I'll make you wish you weren't."

"Before you begin," Iola quickly interjected, putting an impatient frown on Nonna's face, "I would like to warn that Illusionspaces are drastically different in how they work, depending on the Vendor. For now, you just need to know that the only way you will be damaged is if your opponent or a spell hits you. You can fall as far as you want or be crushed under a broken column, but you will receive no damage. That doesn't mean it won't affect you, of course, but the match won't end until you are struck down by your opponent. Okay?"

Iola smiled outside the Illusionspace, looking at both of their faces for confirmation. Caelis spoke up and asked her to count down to start the match.

"It's a little unorthodox to have the Vendor do it..." She mumbled as she thought about it. She giggled not a moment later, "but it's also unorthodox for me to explain how us Vendors work. Okay, I'll begin immediately."

Nonna grinned widely at that. The first words out of Iola's mouth that Nonna truly liked. It was finally time to get started.

"Three!" Iola exclaimed excitedly.

"You won't fight back—" Nonna reminded Caelis with a carnivorous expression.

"Two!"

"—And you'll only defend yourself, right?"

"One!"

"You'd better not regret saying that!"

"Fight!" Iola cheered.

Immediately, a massive spell circle was drawn into existence behind Nonna, glowing a menacing red. [glow=red]Nova.[/glow] It was Nonna's largest Offensive spell and was more than enough to cover the entirety of top of this large pillar. In fact, Nonna was confident that as long as there was no cover, no one could outrun it's massive range. The only problems were its delayed eruption and costly requirement of 50 SP.

Nonna hardly noticed her lack of armor and the lightness of her potion pouch, and instead only felt hot from the fury she felt towards her opponent and the energy she had for the match. She was excited. She was violent. She was hungry for combat. While she wouldn't have the advantage of speed, Nonna knew that the battle would end if either of them stayed on the pillar when her spell erupt. So now, her goal was to keep him up here as long as possible without risking hitting herself. Nonna took a firm stance, one that was ready to sprint towards Caelis as soon as the spell finished. Caelis's stance was also ready for movement, though he wasn't prepping to launch himself forward towards his enemy like her stance was. This was it. If Nonna missed this spell, no advantage he gives her will make up for the loss of SP. If she hits, though...

A strange feeling pushed against her stomach when she thought of that, but it was quickly consumed by her burning excitement. This was no time to think of what will and won't happen. This was a time Nonna excelled in. This was a time to act first, think later.

Enoch nodded, he let himself relax a bit realizing his efforts hadn't been in vain, he glanced around for a moment, taking note that the others have already found partners, he turned back to her, figuring they might as well get started looking for a vendor. "I... Guess we should pick a place to fight..." He murmured, making a motion to head towards the vendors, but, stopped, deciding to wait for her "Oh... Uh... Where would you prefer to fight?" he asked, realizing it would be beneficial to consult his sparring partner to get an idea on the area she would like to fight in. So far, he had no preferences, but, that was mainly because he had yet to have a full fledged battle in his life, until now that is, all he could hope for was that his practice would pay off...
Fárya though for a few moments and said: "We should probably talk the place to fight and many other things, but we should do it outside the range of any prying ears. How about there?" Fárya pointed to a spot a bit away from the others in their group, wondering if the man will not mind doing a exchange of information and discussion on what tactics should they use, without the other pairs and teams potentially hearing them - after all who says that they wouldn't be opponents in the training battles? So without waiting for the man to follow her Fárya moved to the spot that she indicated, some twenty feet from anyone else in their training group and waited for the man to join her or not.

Enoch Brody
@gamer5

Enoch nodded a little, looking towards the spot she had pointed out, perhaps discussing tactics would be nice; though, truth to be told, he had been planning on improvising on the fly... However, that would be too embarrassing to admit up front, so, he'd have to figure out some on the go. "Uh... Sure, I guess that would do." He said, responding before he kept his silence for too long, then, he decided to follow her as she headed towards the spot she had pointed out at first without another word. It would indeed be usefull to discuss how they planned on fighting, maybe he'd learn something from her? Who knows, but, he looked towards the Vendors once more, wondering what sort of environment she would prefer to fight in.​

Status
Not open for further replies.