Spectre City

Status
Not open for further replies.
"The getting back down to the underground would be a good plan. I am in no state to fight right now." Gwen mumbled in response, using the wall to push herself back up to her feet. She was hungry, exhausted and drained...the combination would not help with speeding up her recovery and her usually sharp eyes kept blurring. "Whether it is one or one hundred men, I merely do not care." She then ground out, pulling her dirtied hair from the braid it was in so it flowed over her shoulders instead, the tips of her ears almost visible. "Let's go."

Alistair nodded and stood. "If one finds us, he may not approach us on his own. He may just run to find others, and then we could jeopardize the safety of everyone else." He pulled open the entrance, and waited for everyone to go inside first. If anything would happen, he could make a quick and quiet kill, which would save them more than a loud battle would. "Hurry."

She watched the other three and listened to their reasoning. She may be a werewolf, but even she could listen to logic. With a nod, she crept over to the hole Ali opened, and dropped inside. She moved iver to the right, and placed her back against the wall of the tunnel to allow space for the other three. Her eyes closed and she listened closely to the guard's footsteps as he walked closer.

100 feet

With a gasp, she put one hand ar the side of her mout, and half-whispered up to the rest of them, "Hurry up! He's less than a hundred feet away!" Her ear went back to the wall of the tunnel and she listened some more.

"Allistair! Go!" Turning to Gwen, he says, "Sorry, but it will be quicker if I carried you." Sweeping her into his arms, he jumps the 25 feet to the floor of the tunnel below. He quickly climbs the ladder and shuts the entrance. As he descends, he hears the guards enter the house.

He had already picked her up before she could argue, her glare burning into the side of his head as she reluctantly complied and had her arms wrap around his shoulders and neck. "I could have managed myself." She ground out, making sure her bag remained balanced on her stomach as she closed her eyes against the drop down. Her own hearing picked up the entrance of the guards and she heaved a sigh of relief as they would find nothing. "Too bloody close for comfort."

Alistair slipped in soon after, hoping they didn't cut it too close. For good measure, he made sure to shove the entrance shut more, just so it would get jammed a bit. He then slid the remainder of the way down, nearly bumping into the others as he came to the end. "We should be fine. But I didn't take you for a damsel in distress, Gwen." He joked, just to make the mood a bit more lighthearted.

Lu snickered a little bit, bringing her hand up to cover her mouth, and reached into her pack. Her stomach rumbled a little and she brought out the rabbit and a small knife. Rolling up her aleeves, she moved a little farther down the tunnel, and then sat down. With ease, she skinned the meat off the bones of the rabbit, and then wrapped it up in leather before depositing the remains in a hole then chewing on the muscle of a leg. She still listened above to the guard who rummaged through the house trying to find them. It pleased her that he would never know of the group just beneath his boots. She almost wished she could cause trouble for them. Sure, werewolves were one of the creatures people told stories about to their children, cautionary tales about going alone in a forest, but she hated that they had to hide themselves. Lu just wanted to live under the sky again, to run every day, and breathe fresh air every day, and she could if she left, but this is where her pack was, and she wouldn't leave them for anything. A lone wolf was a dead wolf, she was always told.

She ambled back over to the other three and watched them carefully, still gnawing on the rare meat carefully.

"We shouldn't have to hide like this," She stated, "Those humans have no idea how easy it would be for us to take this town back." Of course, even as she spoke, she knew how quickly they would lose it again even if they did get it back.

"No doubt we could," Levi says, ignoring Gwens glare. "But how soon do you think it would be before the king sends out the army, not just the guards. We might take back the town, but we wouldn't hold it a fortnight!"

Lu swallowed a piece of the rabbit meat before she answered, "Trust me, I know," and the truth was she did. Being a werewolf meant she had an unnaturally long lifespan, and her pack had moved around before settling on this town. If it wasn't for their history here, they would have left long ago. She glanced up towards the door that they'd jumped through, and sighed.

"It's the biggest reason we don't do anything big. A few guards is nothing to an army, and we just wouldn't be able to hold them. I'm all for necessary killing, bit it would be a slaughter, that's for sure."

"I'm not a damsel in distress." Gwendolyn growled out to Alistar in response, turning her deadly glare across to him as she remained in Levi's arms for a little while longer. "My energy is just down is all and this bafoon picked me up before I could say or do anymore." She grumbled afterward, rolling her eyes before looking further down the tunnel. Ignoring the talk between the others, she began to struggle against the human's chest and hold, trying to get her feet back onto solid ground. "I can walk by myself now, thank you."

Alistair laughed a bit. "I know. You can handle yourself. But you seemed like you were almost glad to be whisked away in his arms." Truth is, she looked angry. But anger is a main emotion that steers affection. Well, other's personal life is none of Alistair's business anyways. "Either way, we cut it close. I don't like to worry anyone, but we may soon find an entrance being busted down. I wouldn't be surprised if in a month or two, someone discovered us. And if they don't find us, they will get fed up with us and maybe destroy everything. And then there will be no point."

"I agree," Levi says, putting Gwen's feet on the ground. "We need to move on. And quickly."

"Abandoning the town, though... Vampires live for a long time, you know. If this place goes to hell, it'll have to drag me with it." He added on quickly, brows knitted together. "Of course, we need to be more cautious. And if they destroy the town completely... Well, we may not have anything to fight for, but we can avenge the town. And I'd take that battle to my second death."

Brushing herself off as soon as her feet touched the ground, Gwen glanced around at them as she straightened her bag and cleared her throat. "Alistar be serious." She grumbled, "The number the soldiers have over us? Why do you think we stay underground? We have no choice. They would pick us off before the first night of fighting is even up. We wouldn't stand a chance against the soldiers. We only have weapons. Maybe some magic. But they have shields...armour...be reasonable."

Lu looked back and forth between them as she listened to the exchange, occasionally nomming on the rabbit leg in her hand. At the mention of fighting to avenge the town, and the half-elf's rebuttal, Lu'ulaieriastri spoke up.

"I, for one, am not going to leave. My pack is here, and we've decided to stay no matter what."

She thought for a moment, pondering each of their points of view, and taking each into consideration. Truth be told, she was probably somewhere in the middle, but what Ali said about dying a second time rang with her, and she continued to speak. "We have most of an entire town hidden down in these tunnels. Those of us that didn't leave, stayed for a reason, but we're all getting tired of sneaking about for fear of being caught. Ali is right, one of the guards is going to stumble upon us sooner or later, and then what? We just give up, hold our hands out for the shackles, and let them take us away to be tortured and questioned? I can only imagine their reactions when Ali starts burning in the sunlight, or when they realize my particular distaste for silver, and odd habit if becoming a wolf once a month." By now she was becoming a little heated, and her inner wolf started to awaken, her right eye starting to turn a golden yellow. Her voice became more hoarse. "There's always the option of fleeing, which some people will do, I'm sure, and you already know my take on it. We're an entire town full of magical beings and abilities. Hell, I even saw a slime girl once, a slime girl. They have amor, and an empty cause. We have weapons, magic, and a town to defend, avenge, or reclaim. We also know these tunnels, and they don't. If it comes down to it, I'll fight with Ali."She stepped closer to the vampire, stood tall, and puffed out her chest a little.

Alistair looked over at Lu gratefully. He knew he could trust her to work with him. She was always motivated for what she cared about. "You don't have to fight with us. You can do what you please. But at least understand that there's nothing that will change my mind about this. Maybe being dead messed up my brain. Maybe I can't think straight. But at least dying gave me a new view on what it's like to live."

"I stand with you as well," Levi says, stepping up on Alistairs other side. "I might die for it, but I'll die for my home."

With a soft growl under her breath, she pulled at the thick strands of her hair as the three of them stood together on this. "You're all such a pain in the ass." She mumbled eventually, running her fingers through her hair afterward. The action finally revealed her ears, including the elven points to the top if them.

Gwen knew what it was like to lose what she considered family. With her father being human and having outed her from the moment he found out what her mother was and therefore what his daughter was...the devastation that hit her upon finding out what happened to her real family and the surrounding forestry...well, it felt like it was killing her.

Just remembering hurt. Hissing in exasperation, Gwen threw her hands up in the air and turned back around to continue walking. "Fine! Fine. I'll be there for this famous fight to the death. Now can we get going? The further we get away from the possibility of getting caught before we get this battle started the better."

She laughed quietly, and then walked over to the half-elf and pat her on the shoulder. "Good to have you in board,"
she mumbled into the elf's tapered ear before moving past and wandering farther down the tunnel.

Levi chuckles. "I pride myself on being one. It's kept me alive. Let's go kill some shit."

Status
Not open for further replies.