Specific Search Function

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kame

Original poster
I think it would make moderation jobs way more easier if we could just go to a specific area of the forum and type in a word in a small search bar and find things related to the things we search. For example if we are tasked to empty out group rps and we go to the OOC side and we type in a word like ''dark'' so lets say the roleplay is called dark then that roleplay would show up and then we could go about our job graveyarding it if it is old. Maybe have it be specifically exclusive to the staff, have buttons beside the results that we search up, buttons for graveyarding and stuff to make it easier.

We do have specific search functionality, it just takes a little work to get to. When you go to search for something you can target the search to a specific subforum. If you're on a mobile device you have to go to the mobile menu search option, then on the next window go to the 'search posts and threads' tab. On PC I think you just have to click on the search bar and on the little window that pops up hit the button that says 'more' or 'more options' (can't recall and I'm on my phone right now and can't check), and then I think all you have to do there is scroll down to find the option to search a specific subforum. That or it's the same tab deal as mobile.

It doesn't have the special moderation buttons, but it'll work.

Also, now that I've typed all that, I suggest you use an entirely different search for this purpose: go to the thread creator's profile, Postings tab, scroll down, hit the option for searching up all threads created by that member. That way you can see all possibly related threads (such as a character repository if they have a thread for that outside of their OOC) and not get messed up by title changes or typos.

Reactions: Noctis the Devious
We do have specific search functionality, it just takes a little work to get to. When you go to search for something you can target the search to a specific subforum. If you're on a mobile device you have to go to the mobile menu search option, then on the next window go to the 'search posts and threads' tab. On PC I think you just have to click on the search bar and on the little window that pops up hit the button that says 'more' or 'more options' (can't recall and I'm on my phone right now and can't check), and then I think all you have to do there is scroll down to find the option to search a specific subforum. That or it's the same tab deal as mobile.

It doesn't have the special moderation buttons, but it'll work.

Also, now that I've typed all that, I suggest you use an entirely different search for this purpose: go to the thread creator's profile, Postings tab, scroll down, hit the option for searching up all threads created by that member. That way you can see all possibly related threads (such as a character repository if they have a thread for that outside of their OOC) and not get messed up by title changes or typos.
Thanks, Jorick, you're my favorite petyr baelish.

Reactions: Jorick
Status
Not open for further replies.