[Specific] Book Recommendations

If no one has suggested it yet, you might try Eragon, by Christopher Paolini. It's a fantasy book, and is in a short series. The books in order are Eragon, Eldest, Brisingr, and Inheritance. Later in it, there is some romance, though it's a minor detail in the story. At least, I think so, I read it years ago...

I will forever recommend Artemis Fowl (by Eoin Colfer), it is by far my favorite series of all time.

It's basically fantasy and sci-fi combined into one. If you like either of those genres, I can guarantee you will like this series.

Uh, there's a tiny bit of sexual tension towards the end of the series, but other than that not really. I don't think Colfer really puts much romance in his books.

If you want romance, I'd suggest the Delirium trilogy by Lauren Oliver. That one's pretty good, it's about a girl who falls in love in a world where love is considered a disease.

@Hatsune Candy Well, I did state I wanted romance and/or romantic elements at the beginning, so thank you for another suggestion. (:

Aww damn, seeing the title, I wanted to barge in and recommend THOUSANDS of books since I'm a legitimate book addict, and then I saw you wanted some romance in it. That... drastically narrows my options, considering my interests.

I'll try anyway.

How about Chronicles of Prydain series by Lloyd Alexander? It's a charming fantasy series full of wit and there is some romance in the last book, even though it's not the main focus. The characters and their interactions are lovely, though, so I'd certainly pick it up if I were you.

My next recommendation is The Moira trilogy by Henri Loevenbruck. Again, it's a fantasy and its main focus isn't romance at all - that usually happens when the world's fate is at stake - but it's present as well. This is more serious work than Chronicles of Prydain and it definitely lacks in its humor, but the political side of the conflict is better if I remember correctly.

... Eh, okay, it's not much, but I tried. I'll come back if I remember something else :D

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Any book by Maggie Stiefvater.

Namely her Shiver trilogy. Amazing book about werewolves and there's quite a bit of romance in it.

• Thank You
Cold in July by Joe R Landsdale. Awesome book :D

@Arcadia What kind of romance is there in it? Is it romantic elements, a subplot, or the main focal point?

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzgerald is also a good book. It's the first in her series that I don't remember the name of. It's a little Twilight-esque in terms of its plot with fallen angels instead of vampires, but it's got its moments. And since the main male character is super hot (10/10 would imagine in my head again), you're guaranteed romance.

Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzgerald is also a good book. It's the first in her series that I don't remember the name of. It's a little Twilight-esque in terms of its plot with fallen angels instead of vampires, but it's got its moments. And since the main male character is super hot (10/10 would imagine in my head again), you're guaranteed romance.
I'm actually reading that! The plot is great so far! :D

I would like to recommend Miss Peregrin's Home for Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs. It has some romance, a bit of time traveling, a bit of the supernatural element-y stuff. It starts off a bit slow, but picks up towards the middle. It's also part of a still-in-progress series. Looking at what you enjoy, I think you'd like it.

• Thank You
The Discworl series. The first ones are a little outdated. But Terry is a master who can have laughin in one book. And get super sentimental over goblins in another.

Reactions: Razilin
Mind you, most of the romance books I read contain sex.

Historical Romance:
- Johanna Lindsey (sp?) although some of her historical romance does make me cringe simply because of the gender roles
- Lyndsey Sands - She does both historical and supernatural/modern romance
- Lisa Kleypas - The ones I'm reading from her are based in London

Supernatural/Modern Romance:
- Norah Roberts, a little bit generic for my tastes, but a lot of people read her. I started with her romance books, but have moved on to other authors
- Lyndsey Sands - the Argeneau series is one of my favorites
- Debbic Macomber - teenager friendly
- Katie Macalister

Fantasy novels with romance:
- Anything by Tamora Pierce will have some sort of romantic element in them. Strong and unforgettable characters. I suggest you start with Alanna the Lioness and go from there. The Circle of Magic is a little too detail oriented for me, but you could give those a go. A little less romance in those books though
- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
- The Art of Racing in the Rain, romance isn't a focal point, but it's there in the background
- Thirteen Reasons Why
- Stardust by Neil Gaiman

• Thank You
Good Omens.

Terry Pratchett x Neil Gaiman.

MIND BLOWN!

NERDGASM!

I SHIP IT!

OTP, OT3, OP, GG, WP, GG NO RE, FTW, and many other internet acronyms!

Reactions: Beatrix
@Zen Who the hell cares? I love sex. Thank you for your recommendations!

As I haven't seen it mention, and it's probably the closest thing to 'Romance' 'I'll' ever read anything of. Try the books of an author named Robin Hobb.

She has written 4 lovely series of books about a particular world, and is currently working to complete a 5th. Most of those, if not all of those series have a heavy romance subplot in them. In particular I'd recommend the liveship series if you're that into romance... though there's some nasty stuff like abusive men and rape in there as well.

The Graceling series by Kristin Cashore. Very good trilogy with fantasy and romance.

• Thank You
the early Drizzt Do'Urden books from the 2nd Ed AD&D era.

Its like reading a comic book in novel format!