[Specific] Book Recommendations

A

Alexa Ray

Original poster
You heard me peeps! Give me some awesome book recommendations! To start off, first things first I need romance, be it the focal point of the story or simply a subplot. Romantic elements or romance as a whole. I won't take no for an answer, haha!

Here's a list of what I adore:

Historical Romance
Heroic Fantasy
Time-Travel Fantasy
Historical
Paranormal Romance
Fantasy
Romantic Suspense

Give me some tasty books to read and I will love every single one of you forever! ;)

The Vampire Academy series is lovely, not stereotypical vampires either. There is one love triangle and a sub-romance through most of it, so it's a great read with romance in it. It's 6 books long though, and the main romance only truly becomes a focus in the last 3 books. It's all great though, and the sub-romance is in all of the books starting at 1.

Oh! I have a time-traveling romance book for you! Actually, it's a trilogy of books by Kerstin Gier.

1. Ruby Red
2. Sapphire Blue
3. Emerald Green

A girl has the ability to travel through the past with a time machine, and as a bonus, she gets a cute sidekick!

It's really good, although i am not sure if you will like the ending. However, it is still quite interesting, and I loved it.

The next series of books are by Marie Lu.

1. Legend
2. Prodigy
3. Champion

I cried at the end, it's beautiful.

And finally, the last series of books by Marissa Meyer.

1. Cinder
2. Scarlet
3. Cress
4. Winter (coming next year)

This series is amazing. Oh, my god.

You must read all of these!!!
These all have romance in them, so you will probably enjoy reading them a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I recommend the Mistborn series by Brandon Sanderson

Misborn series
book one: The Final Empire
book two: The Well of Ascension
book three: The Hero of Ages

book four: The Alloy of Law

Reactions: Peter Feels
Ooh a series you'll absolutely love (I am currently reading it)

The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare

1. City of Bones
2. City of Ashes
3. City of Glass
4. City of Fallen Angels
5. City of Lost Souls
6. City of Heavenly Fire

Here's another series. It doesn't have very much romance in the first book, but it drops hints. Nonetheless it's a very good series, one of my favorites (even though I've only read the first book)

The Ascendance Trilogy by Jennifer A. Nielsen

1. The False Prince
2. The Runaway Prince
3. The Shadow Throne

Another one that I've only read one book to is really amazing. I loved it so much but haven't had the money to buy the second book. I definitely recommend this one! It's really romantic and has it's "aww' moments. It's really good, trust me!

The Grisha series by Leigh Bardugo

1. Shadow and Bone
2. Siege and Storm
3. Ruin and Rising

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
Richelle Mead~ @PinkArrow

I also recommend the Born and Midnight series by C.C Hunter, though they're a pretty easy read.

• Thank You
Reactions: 1 person
@Anglkate Do those books have any sort of romance in it at all? That's what I specifically asked for. o:

@Serpentine Despite the first book not having much romance, what about the other books within The Mortal Instrument series? :o

@Anglkate Do those books have any sort of romance in it at all? That's what I specifically asked for. o:

@Serpentine Despite the first book not having much romance, what about the other books within The Mortal Instrument series? :o

I personally never really liked that series (The Mortal Instruments), it got really infuriating. :/ I stopped reading it after a while, it was just really bad in my opinion. :o

I personally never really liked that series (The Mortal Instruments), it got really infuriating. :/ I stopped reading it after a while, it was just really bad in my opinion. :o

If I ask what was so bad about it in your opinion, would you not be able to do so without spoiling stuff for me? Or is it just the writing style and tone, or something else?

For me, the MI series just didn't grip me at all. I stopped halfway through book one...

If I ask what was so bad about it in your opinion, would you not be able to do so without spoiling stuff for me? Or is it just the writing style and tone, or something else?

Well first of all, she explains something vital to the story 3 books later. And the main character is just so... Ugh. It's always about her and such. And the romance between her and the other guy is just so annoying. You might like it, but it annoyed me to the point that I didn't bother reading the rest of the story.

Last edited by a moderator:
I see a thread like this happen every so often and I always pick the misogynistic high fantasy epic: The Wheel of Time series.

Gender specific powers, conniving women, bull headed men, and allusions to Norse mythology. Over 100 characters, 14 books, literally thousands of pages.

Reactions: Beatrix
The Butterfly No need to shout at me. Who's the author? Is there any romantic elements or romance in the stories at all?

There are multiple romantic story lines throughout the entire series. Some are majorly focused upon, others are simply touched upon. The author's name is Robert Jordan.

Different Seasons by Stephen King

it's not necessarily a focal point but there is some romance.