Specialty Group (group rp idea)

What age range would you like for this rp? What type of missions would you like?

• Teenagers (16 - 18)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Young adult (18 - 20+ range)

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Adult (25+)

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Joke missions (more like teenagers doing things, more funny)

• Goverment missions

• Missions from people (like a company who helps people in trouble)

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Mix of goverment and from people

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • Mix of all types of missions

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm down for whatever role muscle or grifter. I was thinking if you want you could add Chameleon and Driver, just a suggestion don't want to step on anyone's toes.

I'm down for whatever role muscle or grifter. I was thinking if you want you could add Chameleon and Driver, just a suggestion don't want to step on anyone's toes.
Sure, we can add those but I don't know what a Chameleon would do. @Makomin and @Kurogane86, you two are free to create the role you want since the grifter is taken now. Just make sure to check in with me about it to approve it.

Also, how were you planning on having combat work?
Well, any combat will be against NPCs so we don't have to worry about too much god modding against each other. But, I figure just writing it out with the idea that things don't always go perfectly right for anyone. More will be figured out though.

Reactions: Lavender Lights
Also, everyone's been responding but @Futalia who called the muscle. I'll give it a few days to see if he/she will come back since it looks like it's been two days since that user was on. If not, we might have to refigure out the muscle.

I am here! I'm pumped! Whoo! I've got ideas for a character and I'm excited to see this group! I appreciate the poll too! I think it'll help out! :)

If we had a driver would it become like The Fast and The Furious? XD

Okay. Results from the poll: (Sorry if I am doing this before someone voting but I want to keep the discussion hot and still going so we can get going on the actual rp).

Age group: Young Adult, let's do 18 to around 25 or so since we did have a few choose older.
Missions: Mix of government and from people.

So, they will be a group who works for the government on special missions that they want them to do, while they don't do the special missions they work on their own to help people who come to them for help. For example, a company is screwing up people's lives so this group goes to ruin the company to help the people. That's a basic underdeveloped example, but I hope it's easy to understand what I am getting at.

The group will be very skilled at what they can do, that is why they are a special group even if some are at a young age. However, they are really good at their specific role. Yes, they may be able to do a few other things but make sure to let the specific role holders shine in their role.

Setting: I'm thinking modern since we are working with a hacker and government missions.

Question for everyone: Should we start the rp as their first day and they are meeting each other or should we start like they had already been doing this for a while?

I say we start on their first day. But if a couple of them want to already know each other in some way, then that should be alright

Reactions: ScarletNova
Sure, we can add those but I don't know what a Chameleon would do. @Makomin and @Kurogane86, you two are free to create the role you want since the grifter is taken now. Just make sure to check in with me about it to approve it.

Well, any combat will be against NPCs so we don't have to worry about too much god modding against each other. But, I figure just writing it out with the idea that things don't always go perfectly right for anyone. More will be figured out though.

I was thinking a chameleon character could be like a mole, blending in with the target group gathering info or blending in to any situation like the president from ookami San and her companions.

I'd vote we start as we're already established. Maybe all coming back from a couple different missions to clear a large one.

I was thinking a chameleon character could be like a mole, blending in with the target group gathering info or blending in to any situation like the president from ookami San and her companions.
That could be a good idea. But, you are free to pick your own role anyway.

@ScarletNova Can my character take up the role of 'The dealer'? Someone who basically gets materials for the group, whether substance, weapons and etc.

Reactions: Makomin
I like the idea, but at the same time it sounds like rather similar to grifter in a way :P

My vote is on day 1 but i am on the same ground with AtomicBass, if people want to start as already established group, i'm fine with that as well

Hmmm. I don't really know how to cast my vote? Because of we are a pretty pre established group then we need to work out relationship details for each of our characters. If we are a brand new group we have to go through all the awkward "Hello I'm..." But that can be fun!

Hmmm. I don't really know how to cast my vote? Because of we are a pretty pre established group then we need to work out relationship details for each of our characters. If we are a brand new group we have to go through all the awkward "Hello I'm..." But that can be fun!
Perhaps we could meet in the middle and start a little after we first meet. That way, we can still build the relationships organically, but we don't have to waste time with meeting and introducing ourselves. Although, first impressions can say a lot about a character.

Well, we might be able to figure out a way to start out with them just beginning as a team but taking out the long winded annoying posts of "hey...I'm..." Also, we might be able to have some pre-relationships if we work some things out together such as after we create out characters if anyone wants to work out relationships with a few others before we start rping then that's okay.

I like the idea, but at the same time it sounds like rather similar to grifter in a way :P

My vote is on day 1 but i am on the same ground with AtomicBass, if people want to start as already established group, i'm fine with that as well

The way I see it...

Grifter - smooth talking trickster trying to swindle the target out of money, goods or services.

Chameleon - a mole that blends into their targets surroundings learning the layout of the base, intel on people, places, plans etc.

Let me know if this helps if not I'll try to define the role of chameleon better.

Let me know if this helps if not I'll try to define the role of chameleon better.
Well, it doesn't really matter unless that's what you want your role to be. You are free to choose your role as you want.

I'm also concerned about @Futalia not being around yet since we need our muscle. If not, someone's going to have to fill in that spot but I don't want to take it away from that member if he/she is just busy right now.

Well, it doesn't really matter unless that's what you want your role to be. You are free to choose your role as you want.

I'm also concerned about @Futalia not being around yet since we need our muscle. If not, someone's going to have to fill in that spot but I don't want to take it away from that member if he/she is just busy right now.

Did you message them? Could be they forgot to watch the thread.

Did you message them? Could be they forgot to watch the thread.

It looks like Futalia hasn't been on for almost 3 days...

'm also concerned about @Futalia not being around yet since we need our muscle. If not, someone's going to have to fill in that spot but I don't want to take it away from that member if he/she is just busy right now.

But I get not wanting to give it away yet as they seem to be new. So! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.