3. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Urban Fantasy, High Fantasy, Epic Quest, Sci-Fi, Time Travel and World Hopping, Steampunk, Action/Adventure, Modern Drama, Mystery, Slice of Life, Romance, and many more.
Do you have a Christmas Carol that has special meaning to You, specifically? I'm not talking about your favourite songs, I'm talking about songs that you feel relate to your life, and why you feel that way

I love 'I'll Be Home for Christmas'. My dad is a long-haul truck driver, he usually wasn't around much more than a time or two per month.But he's always home for Christmas, and mom always had the house so full of treats and decorations that the place practically RADIATED Christmas, and Dad always looked forward to coming home to it.
'I'll be home for Christmas, you can count on me, so please have snow, and mistletoe, and presents 'neath the tree'

Now tell me your stories!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The same carol means a lot to me, as well, because of my career in the Air Force. Sometimes I am able to make it home, in which case I'll start humming to the tune when I'm safely airborn; and other times I'm not able to make it home, in which case I still sing the tune so that I may never forget my reason for doing what I do.

After that it would definitely have to be God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen. There's a certain epic tone to it that just gives me goose bumps when I listen to it, especially the newer versions with more modern instrumentals.

Reactions: Minibit
I don't know if it counts as a Christmas song, but Once Upon a December is meaningful to me. The only reason is because of my son. Just randomly while I was pregnant with him, I'd sing that song. To this day, I use it as a lullaby. :]

O Holy Night is also special to me. I once got a solo part for this song. I also just think it's beautiful. <3 I'm not religious in the slightest, but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate this beautiful song. When I sing it out loud, I feel so passionate.

Carol of the Bells is another! It's such a fun song. I loooved performing this when I was in a symphonic choir. It brings up good memories I've had with my sister, too. When we were younger, we liked to sing it at family Christmas parties. :3

Quite recently, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas touches my soul. I think it's because I won't get to see my family for the holidays this year, for the first time. </3 The words "Through the years, we all will be together if the fates allow..." make me shake a fist at fate. ;__; As the song proceeds though, I feel all warm inside and I think of the good Christmases we've had, and will have!

... I'll leave it at that. One of my guilty pleasures is holiday music. >>; I should have picked only one, darn it.

Reactions: Minibit
I don't have a carol that is especially special to me, cause I didn't get christmas growing up. I kind had to borrow it from friends or hope I was at my grandmother's when there wasn't a family drama. O_O

However, White Christmas was prolly one of my top favorites when I was a kid cause I always thought having snow for christmas would be the most AWESOME thing. We lived in Georgia, so snow there was super super rare, even more rare on Christmas. I think it might have happened once. XD

Carols I really love, though.. Silent Night, Little Drummer Boy, A Christmas Song, EVERYTHING from the Nutcracker Ballet.

I'm not a religious person but I really really love Christmas Carols. Little Drummer Boy is one of my favorites, as is God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen.
The reasons for this is because I used to be a pretty religious person and carols... I don't know, I just really really love them. I like choir style singing.
Oh! I like Sting's entire wintery song album!