Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptainObvious

All Aboard!
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Online Availability
All day 'er day .. jk I sleep ... I'm doing research now so I'm online a lot and check here periodically
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
It's been a year since I launched a group rp with this premise which ... didn't catch much interest BUT it turned into a bloody good 1x1 which got into the thousands of posts with a diverse and interesting cast. Anyway, I decided to do a reboot of sorts, so here goes.

A crew is based on an orbital station on the fringes of colonised space. Out here, the rules are different, pirates threaten to attack and the government doesn't intervene quite as much as it should. Even on a government class vessel, rules are broken, illegal experiments and tests occur, weapons deals go down ... it's messy stuff, but at the same time, the same vessel also protects the the nearest colony planets from invading pirates or human trafficking schemes.

Captain Reed Carter, an ex-pirate of sorts, lost his vessel, the SS POLARIS, when he could no longer balance the books. This left his crew grounded and some scattered. Although he operated on both sides of the law, he managed to get back into Alliance work as opposed to his own ventures. No longer a free man, he did have a ship again, even if it wasn't his old treasured ship. His flight record and inspiring leadership led him to get a steady string of promotions and now he finds himself Captaining a huge space station. Although he isn't free to go where he will as he did with his previous ships, he's still out in space and working with a crew (albeit far larger than any other he's ever dealt with before).

So this is where the plot comes in. The station is not quite Alliance and not quite pirate ... it's a dangerous mix of ... hell anything!!! Too far from central command to adhere to all the strict rules, but close enough that it isn't a rogue vessel.

Reed is a neutral Captain, he inhibits a moral grey area, where he isn't enamoured by the law, but at the same time, he isn't a heinous villain. People on this ship don't all have a shared goal, they simply share this giant tin can in space.

So this is a sandbox space RP. Your character can be a loyal assistant to the new Captain, an ambivalent engineer, or a researcher carrying out questionable work, maybe even a smuggler. LITERALLY AAAANYYTTHIIINGGG. The only things your character MUST be is a passenger on this huge vessel. They can be the new kid or be there for ages. They can love the new Captain or hate him.

I'd love to get a small group (2 or 3 people signing up) who are willing to play multiple characters so that we can have a diverse cast to fill multiple positions. Plenty of NPC's of course because this vessel is seriously huge!!!

Anyway, questions, comments, concerns!!! I'm willing to 1x1 this is a group option isn't working, ideally I'd like 3 players (myself included) or 4 max provided all are really committed to this plot.

Also, do suggest names, I'd love to hear ideas. I used a ran-gen and got
Name: UNS Karelia
Type: MK 2 Capital ship
I think it's cute so lemme know if you have some suggestions!!!

Last edited:
*peeks in*
I've only joined one space-y roleplay before, and it died after everyone made their first posts. I'm not usually into much sci-fi type of stuffs, more of a fantasy person, but I shall voice some interest for this, because it sounds fun =^.^=

On a sub-note, I can actively control up to ten characters, twenty-ish if they aren't all active at the same time.

*peeks in*
I've only joined one space-y roleplay before, and it died after everyone made their first posts. I'm not usually into much sci-fi type of stuffs, more of a fantasy person, but I shall voice some interest for this, because it sounds fun =^.^=

On a sub-note, I can actively control up to ten characters, twenty-ish if they aren't all active at the same time.

[@Ashlio] from the previous instalment of this RP is also considering rejoining! So great, we'll have some old/established characters and an abundance of new ones.

Ten chars is MORE than enough so thats not a problem at all, that's great. There'll be plenty of NPC's anyway, you only need 2 or 3 characters actively interacting and things, but its great you're on board with multiple chars.

So, I'll pop up an OOC anyway and keep sign ups open but keep the group relatively small in terms of players (characters, you can have tonnes.)

I'll work on fleshing out the backstory and the story-world/ship details and will link back here when its up.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Teiso
Not stalking Ruby.

But this sounds like a good idea.

Plus Cat Avatar. Cat avatars are a must

Whoa ... Sir salty was banned ... okay moving on I guess. I haven't heard from Ashlio yet about what characters from the old rp might return but I'm going to make an ooc just in the mean time and update it.

Status
Not open for further replies.