Space Exploration (large universe building RP)

Elle Joyner

Moop.
Original poster
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
Online Availability
8:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Writing Levels
  1. Prestige
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Political intrigue, fantasy, futuristic, sci fi lite, superheroes, historical fiction, alternate universes. Smittings of romance, but only as side plot.
TERRAFORM

LIMITLESS SKIES

"We reached out ... stretched our imaginations across galaxies."

Galactic Record 0118999 | Star Year 2020 |

When man first walked among the stars, his vision was greatly limited by what could be seen and understood. Now, many years later First Contact has been made and eyes have been opened. The sky is no longer the limit for any life in the universe. But with discovery comes strife, with forward motion, obstacles.

Of the tens of thousands of planets discovered in the many galaxies in outer-space… less than two percent have the ability to sustain life. Man has spread far and wide, making a home for themselves among the brightness of the stars and planets. Sometimes, however, we forget that where there is such light and brilliance, there is also great darkness.

And in both... we long to explore...

OOC DETAILS
Welp. It's that time again. I've got the itch for a new RP and have pulled from an oldie but a goodie that never got a chance to see the light of day. Just curious how many folks are interested before I delve too deeply into the planning. The basic premise of Terraform is a Science Fiction roleplay universe centered around a coalition of planets and spanning across centuries, from ancient Egypt, to the dawn of space travel, to intergalactic war. The stories will be set within these parameters - with a multitude of thrilling plots occurring along a detailed timeline of events, as well as the opportunity to explore your own ideas/lore, should you choose.

While the universe is vast, and much of the details have been covered at least basically in the lore provided, including the seventeen core planets, several factions and space stations (all of which will be posted in the lore section, pending interest!), you'll also find plenty of room to grow and build on your own, and in fact I encourage this! Ask questions, offer ideas... nothing is too big or too small to consider. Here, not even the sky is the limit.

If you're interested, please post below :)

RULES ||
^ Be sure to read everything (particularly the lore, as this will factor in storyline details, and character creation).
^ Posting expectations are once every two weeks, and I'm asking for at least two solid paragraphs per post (if you're struggling with this requirement, just
shoot me a message and I'll do what I can to help you out!)
^ If you need to take a break or can't post, please be sure to inform me. If you feel the need to drop out, again, please just give me a heads up!
^ Respect each other, and respect the GM/Mods.
^ Site rules, as always, apply.
^ This is a roleplay that will feature adult themes, but it is not intended to be an adult/red star roleplay.
Because of this, I ask that you refrain from posting gratuitous amounts of violence/language and that sexual situations do not escalate beyond fade-to-black.
^ Pictures for characters should be either real face claims, or realistic artwork (no anime) as to match the aesthetics of the roleplay itself.
^ I have no intentions of limiting the amount of people who join, and you may make as many characters are you feel comfortable with.
all I ask is that you only make/join what you are able to keep up with, and that you maintain posting where necessary.
^ There will be a Discord offered for this RP -- While I don't require that you join, you may miss out on planning should you choose not to. Please be sure to inform
me if you aren't going to join the Discord, so I can keep you up to date.

astronomy-drawing-space-tattoo-2.png

I see sci fi, and immediately interested.

Tho, am gonna ask about the "spanning over centuries" does that mean some of the rp will take place during the past or is that purely for lore stuff?

Reactions: Elle Joyner
FINALLY. A SCI FI RP.

I'm in, man. There's way too little sci fi content on here. I'm down for whatever. Sign me up

• Love
I see sci fi, and immediately interested.

Tho, am gonna ask about the "spanning over centuries" does that mean some of the rp will take place during the past or is that purely for lore stuff?

The rp is meant to have multiple storylines from varying points in the timeline. The first rp will be roughly 1300 years in the future.

Reactions: The Wanderer
*stares at Fable off in the distance*

....Are mechs a thing? If mechs are a thing, consider me in.

*stares at Fable off in the distance*

....Are mechs a thing? If mechs are a thing, consider me in.

Lol Fable is still gonna roll XD no worries.

And the first rp largely centers around mechs ;)

• Love
Reactions: Cwispy
Well, ya can count me interested~

@The Wanderer , @Chile , @Kuno , @happydeath , @DarinValore and anyone else interested in joining... Since I've got enough interest for comfort, tho more are more than welcome, I'm gonna get the lore and a discord set up. Should be up by tomorrow/Friday at the latest.

• Thank You
Reactions: Kuno
This looks amazing.

• Love

@Kuno @DarinValore @Chile @happydeath @The Wanderer -- Sign ups are up for the first RP ! Discord link will be available soon :) Deadline on Bios will be 1/13

Despite all my better judgement
I'm definitely interested.

Might join in, lemme have a think.

@Kuno and @Doctor Jax are bullying be into joining. I'm still reading through the Lore, but they make a good case for doing so.

I'm strongly considering putting in for it...

Sounds like fun.