Space Base 88' [Psychological-Horror][[11 spots left]

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ajwilli1

Original poster
Inspired by: 2001 Space Odyssey, The Thing, SS13, and Drive

[glow=black,2,300]Space Base 88'[/glow]

Setting: Let's take a trip back in time back to the glorious neon-soaked times of the 1980's, where bad decisions were encouraged and Russians were the main threat. Now. Imagine if NASA had a technology boom and figured out how to put us on the Moon permanently, and computers "advanced" to our level but still kept their CRT monitors, keyboard interfaces, and chunky pixel graphics.

Welcome to the future.

It's the year 1988 and you've been lucky enough to win NASA's (sponsored by: Nike) lottery program. Winning yourself a free trip to the new Moon Base that has recently been assigned the name, Regan. You and (number will change to a max of 15) ten lucky individuals with experience in either the sciences or regular civilian life; are to live on Regan for two months to see if humanity is ready to take the next step into space.

[NOTE: There is more to the RP then this and is explained at the bottom.]

Technology: When it comes to the RP I had something similar to Fallout or Alien in mind. Large computers with the green text on a black background, with tapes and floppy disks being the revolutionary tech to transfer or store data. However Holograms were refined and perfected that is far more superior to holograms that we have today. Robots are on the same level we have today (maybe just a bit more advanced); so yes Number 5 is alive and will be mentioned in the RP.

Weapons are still the same so don't expect to be firing lasers or plasma cannons, the best I can give you is super-heated bullets. You won't have a large selection on the station though, you'll have a small armory with enough firearms to take down those Stalin worshiping Commies if they were to ever show up. God Bless the Second Amendment and the USA

Moon Base, Regan: Regan has been built inside the Moon's crater known as Piccolomini and is situated in the center near the right side of the 'hill'. With a large tunnel system constructed underneath the Moon's surface to get to and from the buildings, in case you don't want to suit up and deal with that pesky low gravity. Your power will be supplied by a large solar farm located on top of the hill near the base. The two buildings will both come with dorms and livings spaces, with each building having two airlocks to the outside.

The base you'll be living in for two months comes with all sorts of furnishings to keep you in style and comfort. Enjoy our luxurious pristine white walls on black tile flooring, relax in your Mauve on Teal cafeteria that comes with it's own robotic chefs that will prepare you the best meals this side of the moon. You'll be living in comfort with your fellow Moonies, in the most stylish of dorms that will be furnished to your liking; with each member having their own dorm. Not to mention a arcade stuffed with the best pinball tables and games (Galiga anyone?).

Or maybe head over to the laboratories that are fitted with state-of-the-art equipment, for you radical brainiacs that will progress this glorious country even further; or to treat the wounded, as the labs also double as a med-bay. With you having the hippest nightclub on the moon; The DeLorean Lounge. Also you get access to the armory in case you have to fend off any nasty Invaders or worse Commies. Maybe you could even head to the garage and take out the moon rovers for a spin, or maybe even trick out your ride.

Not to mention our underground tunnel system that houses the gardens where the crops are grown. The tunnels are also home to the heart of the base, The Reactor; a large nuclear powered reactor that constantly kept active by a staff of robots that are programed to maintain the reactor and keep it cool, unlike those Russians. Along with the atmospherics room, artificial gravity generators, and the power and water systems. Not to mention a large workshop that is stocked with plenty of maintenance supplies in case of emergencies. Enjoy the sights and sounds of plumbing and electric wiring running along the walls.

No, matter where you are, you'll always be living in comfort.

Above Ground Map:

Gz92uw9.png

[Those large Green Boxes that are nothing but green are stairwells to the upstairs/downstairs.]

[Those unlabeled thin rooms that are attached to the rooms; (both)Lobby/Supply, Breakroom, and Garage. Those are the airlocks.]

Underground Map:

57J9KNk.png

[Those large Green Boxes that are nothing but green are stairwells to the upstairs/downstairs.]

[The hallways are those unlabeled rectangles. I put this here, because I DOUBT YOUR INTELLIGENCE! *2132ERROR404E- We apologize for that, assistant got onto the Email Messenger system- CEO, Morgan Zawerri, New Systems Inc.]

Roles: While we wish you to treat this like a vacation, we can't just have you lazing about a high-class facility. After all, you've been chosen (by your skills) luck to stay there, why not give back to ole' Uncle Sam. That's why you'll be apart of one of the three classes and your job choice.

Crew Member: As a crew member your responsibility is to assist the scientists; keep the station clean and well fed with your bot buddies; explore the lunar landscape, collect samples; and when the time calls for it, assist your fellow crew if you're to come under attack. You're also expected to maintain the station, as you double for engineering.

Science Team Member: Your job as a science team member is to help progress the sciences all while you spend time at the base. You're to keep up with the gardening, research weapons, create better Lunar Transport technology, or mix up some moonrocks and see what you can create. Your secondary job is to keep the crew in good health, as you'll be pulling double duty for medical.

Security Protection Team Member: You're expected to keep the crew safe from any threats while keeping law and order at the base. You have full access to the armory. You'll be helping the scientists research new weapons, protecting the crew members as the explore the outside, and patrolling the base to keep it safe. You won't be pulling double duty, your job is already basic enough as is.

OOC/Spoilers

Alright, so you may be asking yourself, "AJ you said this was Psychological Horror. All I've seen is a weird lo-fi setting with a fetish for the 80's." Well this is where the Horror comes in. Unluckily for you, the side of the moon that the base is located on, is slowly turning away from Earth and the Sun (you're placed on the dark side of the moon). Due to this communication with Earth is cut off for about a month, leaving you in a confined and alone similar to The Thing.

The RP will (hopefully) shine in this part, as the members of the SB. Regan will slowly start to go insane from isolation. (This is up to you guys) I or The Players, will start to 'slowly' to introduce strange or unusual things into the RP. For example: You start suspecting everyone is a Russian Spy out to get you. Or that you're seeing ghosts out of the corner of your eye.

It will start devolving into a fucked up game of Telephone, where the truth starts to become blurred. With the lines between reality and fiction becoming more and more blurred as the month progresses. With each made up "story(?)" causing arguments between players, with the characters trying to figure out what's real.

People will die in the RP, but I will try to make sure the death of (my or your) character is a huge event/catalyst that will bring everything further over the edge.

But to make things fair for everyone, I do have a few rules to put in place:

1. There will be no Mary Sue'ing or God Modding of any kind, including from me. If I do either of these things, don't hesitate to call me out on it.
  2. I'm perfectly fine with badass and combat capable characters. But give them enough character flaws to still have them be human.
  3. Speaking of Human, I only want people to be humans. Yes, there are robots in the game. But they're more there to deal with the tedious crap on the station. So no Androids.
  4. People will die in the RP. I hope that it won't be common.
  5. I'm fine with character 'romance'. But don't smut up the RP, or turn it into a crappy romance novel.
  6. Try to have fun with it. I'm giving free reign to you guys to go wild with the concept of creating a crazed conspiracy that could get people killed.
  7. One final thing though, the RP will start in the first month to build characters, relationships, or train skills so we could explain why someone knows how to properly use the lab. But if it gets too boring, we can time skip to the beginning of the second month.
  8. Humor is perfectly fine. Feel free to lighten the tone when possible.
  9. Don't go 2Edgy with the characters or 'story'. Serious is fine, but being edgy just to be edgy is just bad.

Also I will be GM'ing another session of the game that focuses more on mechanics then storytelling. Everything is still the same, but it's much more gamey. I've encouraged those players to play where they'd like to; on here or over there. But I've also encouraged them to watch the thread if it takes off, and I will encourage the players here to do the same for them.

Link to Mechanic based Space Base 88': http://smf.cataclysmdda.com/index.php?topic=8116.0

There is one thing I wanted to carry over. But might prove to be difficult with the more freeform nature of this version. It's a way to keep time moving along in the RP, but it's up to the players.

Character Sheet:

Name:
Job:
Appearance:
[Yes, you can include clothes here.]

Dorm Room: [State what will be inside the dorm you've chosen.]
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): [Keep it 1980's or earlier. I will allow any NewRetroWave, Outrun, or soundtracks from Drive or Hotline Miami.]

Skills:
Traits:
[Please take some negative traits][every human is flawed]
Background: [You must fill this out. You don't have to be too complex. Just give enough of a reason or interest in the character.]

Characters:
1. Mike G. Kilgore
Name: Mike G. Kilgore
Role: Security Protection Team

Job: Security Officer
Appearance: He his well-groomed and well built, his black hair is slicked back in a true mobster style. He has a rough beard that is well-kept, with a small sheen of beard(?) wax. He wears a black leather security jacket, red aviators, the blue sec jumpsuit. When out of work, he wears a AC/DC shirt, a black belt, blue jeans, and Starwars Canvas shoes with white socks.

Dorm Room: His dorm will have a twin bed with checkerboard pattern sheets and comforter, black pillows, and a modern looking black frame. He will have a zebra skin rug placed in front of said bed. There will be an Advanced Commodore computer with a plain white desk and chair in the corner of the room. Posters for Starwars: Revenge of the Jedi, Blade Runner, Mad Max, AC/DC, and Blondie will be set up on the walls of the room. Make sure to have an NES with several games and a nice CRT TV placed on a small table near the closet wall.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Jasper Byrne's- Miami

Skills: [Shooting] [Computers] [Melee] [Speech]
Traits: [Optimistic] [Friendly] [Smart] [Alcoholic] [Violent Temper] [Depressed] [Easily Addicted] [Caffeine Addiction][Psychotic]

Background: Working as a night guard for one of the many arcades, he felt his skills were wasted. As (in his own mind) he was more then capable of doing so much more, really help the people of his city. So he became a vigilante on the days he was off. Serving out his own brand of justice; which usually meant beating the living fuck outta some poor thug.

Well one day on his patrol, he messed up the wrong guy. Mike was nabbed off the streets and was taken to a-@$![!##3322211122-[Data has been deleted]- they have allowed him to win the lottery ticket and be employed as a guard at the Space Base. They will be watching his actions to make sure he doesn't fuck it up.

2. Houston Dewitt
Name: Houston Dewitt
Role: Crew Member
Job: Maintenance and Sample Collection
Appearance: Houston has an average build, a bit of a beer belly, and is on the short side in height. His hair is buzz-cut and light blonde, his eyes are a muddy blue. His wide chin juts out a bit and is covered in a shadow of a beard. His skin is lightly tanned from work out in the sun, but has paled after years under fluorescent lights. He wears a button-up shirt and pants with his leather boots most days. The boots have some intricate embroidery on them, resembling wildflowers. When at work, he wears a leather apron that has a front pocket to hold tools.

Dorm Room: Houston has decorated it to be a little bit of home, having a wooden bedframe with a simple mattress, patchwork quilt, and a few downy pillows. He has a desk opposite with a number of blueprints, some blank, scattered across it. A metal lamp stands over the thing, illuminating the work. Over the doorway he's hung a horseshoe (facing upwards, of course) and put a small welcome mat underneath. On the far wall hangs a Texas flag and over the desk is a poster of a cow skull. (They wouldn't let him bring a real one.)
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Disasterpeace - The Outlaw

Skills: [Mechanics] [Guitar] [Cattle Herding] [Makes One Hell of a Country Gravy]
Traits: [Steadfast] [Hard Worker] [Low Stamina] [Aversion to Conflict]
Background: Born and raised under the hot Texas sun, Houston learned that hard work was worth more than words in the west. He worked on a ranch near Alpine, Texas with his numerous other brothers and sisters (11 in total) rearing cattle for milk and meat. After coming of age, he moved east to the big city to procure a degree in engineering. Upon graduation, he joined a conglomerate of inventors and innovators, designing technologies for tomorrow. He didn't get much out of it, save for numerous patents on things like the automatic cattle brush and boot deburrers. What he did get was a name in the field of engineering, and after 10 years of work in the field he was approached by a man offering the job of a lifetime: To work on a moon base. How could he refuse?

3. Shane Lawrence
Name: Shane Lawrence
Role: Science Team Member
Job: Scientist
Appearance: He is an aged man with messy black hair turning grey on the sides. He is average when it comes to height being 7 feet tall. He has pale skin, green eyes and is always wearing a lab coat with a black shirt and jeans with a black belt and shoes. He is also of average build.

Dorm Room: His room is designed to look like a lab with a bed in it. It is filed with machines, chemicals and inventions scattered around.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): She Blinded Me With Science

Skills: [Science] [Genetics] [Mechanics/Technology] [Bioengineering] [Medical]
Traits:
[Brilliant] [Photographic Memory] [Persuasive] [Drug Addict] [Cares more about his work than other people] [Antisocial]
Background: Ever since Shane could remember he was always fascinated by Science. He felt it was the one thing keeping this world from falling apart. All throughout his life he was focused on solving all the secrets that science had to offer and shunned away everyone else in his life and to replace some emptiness he had in his heart he started taking drugs he made to ease the lowliness. He spent years doing nothing but creating new inventions and medicines and once even reversed the age of a lab rat he had and advanced its genetic code to evolve it to be able to speak. After all these breakthroughs that he had accomplished a man came up o him and offered him a job as a scientist on a space station. Shane thought for a moment and figured if he could get into space he might be able to crack all the secrets science had so he accepted.

4. Jason Isaacs
Name: Jason Isaacs
Job: Head of Robotics and Engineer
Appearance: Average height and build, he has brown hair that isn't exactly in any set style as much as it is just brushed to the side on his forehead. He wears a white jump suit with orange lines on the seams, his last name is stitched over his right side chest pocket, and he has a belt with his tools around his waste. He normally wears this every where he goes, presumably he owns multiple pairs... presumably.

Dorm Room: Normally the lights are off and it is in general disarray, clothes and equipment are strewn about the room with the only empty space being his twin bed with dark blue covers and his desk containing his standard computer with post-its and scribbles written about it among a litter of coffee cups.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Vintage - De Lorean

Skills: [Coding] [Robotics] [Mechanics] [Knowledge of Base Systems]
Traits: [Robotics] [Coding] [Clever] [Unorganized] [Insomniac]

Background:
Jason was always the "Problem student" in school. Skipping classes, and generally doing as he pleased when he did show up, he was eventually expelled from the public school system. After a year of not doing anything with his life Jason's father deiced to put him into vocational school for mechanics. For once in his life he excelled at what he was doing, after completing the course he found a new fascination in the robot technology that was so rapidly advancing, Jason began spending much of his time when not at work cooped up in his room coding and learning on his own the ways of robotics.
After some years of working at a mechanics shop he was able to advance to a well respected firm that specialized in fixing robots. Code, parts, you name it they could fix it. After a few months of working for the firm Jason decided he wanted to get a robot for himself, and yet he couldn't figure out if the droids he looked at were really the droids he was looking for.
One day at work Jason had a customer with a malfunctioning droid, when he arrived 3 different techs had been through the droid. Running diagnostics and system reboots, even taking the robot apart to try and find the problem, and yet none had come up with a solution, the robot continued to incinerate any and all small rodents in the vicinity. After sitting down and reworking the coding of the bot for a total of 2 minutes 37 seconds the robot had been fixed by Jason. The client then approached Jason saying that this droid was actually a test to see if anyone had the aptitude to break the coding involved with its malfunction, and that he had passed.

Indeed this was the droid he had been looking for.

[/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr][/hr]

Last edited by a moderator:
My sheet:

Name: Mike G. Kilgore
Role: Security Protection Team
Appearance: He his well-groomed and well built, his black hair is slicked back in a true mobster style. He has a rough beard that is well-kept, with a small sheen of beard(?) wax. He wears a black leather security jacket, red aviators, the blue sec jumpsuit. When out of work, he wears a AC/DC shirt, a black belt, blue jeans, and Starwars Canvas shoes with white socks.

Dorm Room: His dorm will have a twin bed with checkerboard pattern sheets and comforter, black pillows, and a modern looking black frame. He will have a zebra skin rug placed in front of said bed. There will be an Advanced Commodore computer with a plain white desk and chair in the corner of the room. Posters for Starwars: Revenge of the Jedi, Blade Runner, Mad Max, AC/DC, and Blondie will be set up on the walls of the room. Make sure to have an NES with several games and a nice CRT TV placed on a small table near the closet wall.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Jasper Byrne's- Miami

Skills: [Shooting] [Computers] [Melee] [Speech]
Traits: [Optimistic] [Friendly] [Smart] [Alcoholic] [Violent Temper] [Depressed] [Easily Addicted] [Caffeine Addiction][Psychotic]
Background: Working as a night guard for one of the many arcades, he felt his skills were wasted. As (in his own mind) he was more then capable of doing so much more, really help the people of his city. So he became a vigilante on the days he was off. Serving out his own brand of justice; which usually meant beating the living fuck outta some poor thug.

Well one day on his patrol, he messed up the wrong guy. Mike was nabbed off the streets and was taken to a-@$![!##3322211122-[Data has been deleted]- they have allowed him to win the lottery ticket and be employed as a guard at the Space Base. They will be watching his actions to make sure he doesn't fuck it up.
[/hr]
[/hr]

Oh my god.....

This is so amazing. I will have a character nailed down tomorrow after work and my Interview be expecting it (WINK)

Name: Houston Dewitt
Job: Maintenance and Sample Collection
Appearance: Houston has an average build, a bit of a beer belly, and is on the short side in height. His hair is buzz-cut and light blonde, his eyes are a muddy blue. His wide chin juts out a bit and is covered in a shadow of a beard. His skin is lightly tanned from work out in the sun, but has paled after years under fluorescent lights. He wears a button-up shirt and pants with his leather boots most days. The boots have some intricate embroidery on them, resembling wildflowers. When at work, he wears a leather apron that has a front pocket to hold tools.

Dorm Room: Houston has decorated it to be a little bit of home, having a wooden bedframe with a simple mattress, patchwork quilt, and a few downy pillows. He has a desk opposite with a number of blueprints, some blank, scattered across it. A metal lamp stands over the thing, illuminating the work. Over the doorway he's hung a horseshoe (facing upwards, of course) and put a small welcome mat underneath. On the far wall hangs a Texas flag and over the desk is a poster of a cow skull. (They wouldn't let him bring a real one.)
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Disasterpeace - The Outlaw

Skills: [Mechanics] [Guitar] [Cattle Herding] [Makes One Hell of a Country Gravy]
Traits: [Steadfast] [Hard Worker] [Low Stamina] [Aversion to Conflict]
Background: Born and raised under the hot Texas sun, Houston learned that hard work was worth more than words in the west. He worked on a ranch near Alpine, Texas with his numerous other brothers and sisters (11 in total) rearing cattle for milk and meat. After coming of age, he moved east to the big city to procure a degree in engineering. Upon graduation, he joined a conglomerate of inventors and innovators, designing technologies for tomorrow. He didn't get much out of it, save for numerous patents on things like the automatic cattle brush and boot deburrers. What he did get was a name in the field of engineering, and after 10 years of work in the field he was approached by a man offering the job of a lifetime: To work on a moon base. How could he refuse?[/hr][/hr]

Suh-weeeeeeet.

Oh, wanted to double check if I could indeed take the position of Station Admin?

Name: Shane Lawrence
Role: Science Team Member
Job: Scientist
Appearance: He is an aged man with messy black hair turning grey on the sides. He is average when it comes to height being 7 feet tall. He has pale skin, green eyes and is always wearing a lab coat with a black shirt and jeans with a black belt and shoes. He is also of average build.

Dorm Room: His room is designed to look like a lab with a bed in it. It is filed with machines, chemicals and inventions scattered around.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song):

Skills: [Science] [Genetics] [Mechanics/Technology] [Bioengineering] [Medical]
Traits:
[Brilliant] [Photographic Memory] [Persuasive] [Drug Addict] [Cares more about his work than other people] [Antisocial]
Background: Ever since Shane could remember he was always fascinated by Science. He felt it was the one thing keeping this world from falling apart. All throughout his life he was focused on solving all the secrets that science had to offer and shunned away everyone else in his life and to replace some emptiness he had in his heart he started taking drugs he made to ease the lowliness. He spent years doing nothing but creating new inventions and medicines and once even reversed the age of a lab rat he had and advanced its genetic code to evolve it to be able to speak. After all these breakthroughs that he had accomplished a man came up o him and offered him a job as a scientist on a space station. Shane thought for a moment and figured if he could get into space he might be able to crack all the secrets science had so he accepted.

Name: Jason Isaacs
Job: Head of Robotics and Engineer
Appearance: Average height and build, he has brown hair that isn't exactly in any set style as much as it is just brushed to the side on his forehead. He wears a white jump suit with orange lines on the seams, his last name is stitched over his right side chest pocket, and he has a belt with his tools around his waste. He normally wears this every where he goes, presumably he owns multiple pairs... presumably.

Dorm Room: Normally the lights are off and it is in general disarray, clothes and equipment are strewn about the room with the only empty space being his twin bed with dark blue covers and his desk containing his standard computer with post-its and scribbles written about it among a litter of coffee cups.
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Vintage - De Lorean

Skills: [Coding] [Robotics] [Mechanics] [Knowledge of Base Systems]
Traits: [Robotics] [Coding] [Clever] [Unorganized] [Insomniac]

Background:
Jason was always the "Problem student" in school. Skipping classes, and generally doing as he pleased when he did show up, he was eventually expelled from the public school system. After a year of not doing anything with his life Jason's father deiced to put him into vocational school for mechanics. For once in his life he excelled at what he was doing, after completing the course he found a new fascination in the robot technology that was so rapidly advancing, Jason began spending much of his time when not at work cooped up in his room coding and learning on his own the ways of robotics.
After some years of working at a mechanics shop he was able to advance to a well respected firm that specialized in fixing robots. Code, parts, you name it they could fix it. After a few months of working for the firm Jason decided he wanted to get a robot for himself, and yet he couldn't figure out if the droids he looked at were really the droids he was looking for.
One day at work Jason had a customer with a malfunctioning droid, when he arrived 3 different techs had been through the droid. Running diagnostics and system reboots, even taking the robot apart to try and find the problem, and yet none had come up with a solution, the robot continued to incinerate any and all small rodents in the vicinity. After sitting down and reworking the coding of the bot for a total of 2 minutes 37 seconds the robot had been fixed by Jason. The client then approached Jason saying that this droid was actually a test to see if anyone had the aptitude to break the coding involved with its malfunction, and that he had passed.

Indeed this was the droid he had been looking for.

Ahhh, dammit. Not gonna be able to join after all, AJ. Have another thing that I've been planning for awhile, and my plate is kinda full... Good luck, though!

Name:Evelyn Calliet
Role:Security Protection Team
Job:Security Protection leader

Appearance:Eve Body Type is petite but she works hard so she is slightly muscled and tall. Evelyn's skin is an ivory colour which clashes beautifully with her red curly hair which sits on her shoulders rebellious tendrils flowing onto her chest. Her face is oval shaped and her stunning blue almond shaped eyes pop out of her face. She has a Nubian nose and heart shaped lips which are soft and always brightly coloured. She dresses in a style of modern elegance mixing the newest items with her mothers old ones her clothes are tight fitting and slim. She wears a pendant around her neck in the shape of a cross
Dorm Room:
[There are hard wood floor unpolished and patchy the walls are brick with the back wall having the middle of it made of metal. There are metal beams that run across the ceiling threaded through these is string covered with Polaroid photos and lanterns. She has a queen sized bed which has a high wooden headboard covered in pictures. She has a black and white turn table bed sheet and many throw pillows. She has a desk and dressing table on the left side of the room. On the right side of the room is a large shelf that covers half if the wall it is packed with books and clothing on the other side of the wall their is a wooden swing hanging from one of the beams
Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song): Warrior-Patty Smyth
Skills: [shooting] [Stealth] [Agility] [Intelligent]
Traits:
[Artistic][Paranoid][Curious] [knowledgable]
Background: [Eve parents were part of a secret organisation that worked for NASA and they're moon projects and taught her about the necessity for humans to find other places to live from a young age they told her of how eventually human kind will ruin the earth until we have nothing left she was distressed but they comforted her and told her that one day she would help stop the horrors by creating new society like they did. On the day before she turned thirteen her mother and father were killed by air pressure in one of the training rockets after the pump that supplied oxygen collapsed they saved the rest of their comrades. The organisation took her in and taught her the rules and progress Eventually picking her for the mission and sending her into the fake lottery

Background: [Eve parents were part of the organisation and taught her about the necessity for humans to find other places to live from a young age they told her of the horrors of the world she was destressed but they comforted her and told her that one day she would help stop the horrors by creating new society like they did. On the day before she turned thirteen her mother and father were killed by air pressure in one of the training rockets after it was sucked of oxygen they saved the rest of their comrades. The organisation took her in and taught her the rules and progress Eventually picking her for the mission
Everything looks good on the sheet, except for this part.

Unless you'll be playing as a Russian Spy, or something along those lines. I need to know what The Organization is, and what exactly the 'horrors' are (Is it Human Violence, Paranoia, Starvation, general dickery, something along those lines?)

Because in the RP you won NASA's lottery (sponsored by: Nike) and got to go up to the space base. In reality people that entered into the Lottery were hand-picked, and I'm fine with the backstory saying you chose to head up there (because I could rewrite the lore and say the lottery was a PR stunt to sell more shoes).

Overall I'm just confused by the backstory. You can explain it or change it, I'm fine with either.

And I'm not trying to offend or be nitpicky, I'm just trying to figure out your backstory.

Additional Note: Not trying to be a dick, but I lurked your profile to see what type of player you are so I can better tailor an ending for your character (if they live I mean). Well... I'm just going to let you know, I don't want this to turn into a Libertine or ERP thing. You can have relationships, but don't make them Mass Effect relationships. Don't make sex the main goal of having a romance in the RP, have romance be a another layer of the character. Thank you.

Cam my guy PLEASE be communist? At least an on the low?

Cam my guy PLEASE be communist? At least an on the low?
Well you'd have to be a spy or a very (politically) hidden communist. Since the 1980's in this universe is pretty much like the 50's in the terms of how they dealt with communist sympathizers.

I honestly think a communist might be good for the mix of characters we have.

Name: Pyotr Shteinberg ( Real name: Zvonomir Eshchenko)
Role: Security
Appearance:
Jonny-Benjaminv2.jpg
(NOTE: Has a Hammer & Sickle tattooed to his upper right chest)
He wears

Dorm Room: A stark room, Spartan in style, with a simple desk, with a computer, a bed, a record player with classical records (Beethoven, Mozart, Tchaikovsky, etc.)

Favorite Song (Your characters Theme Song):Eine Kleine Nachtmusik
Skills: Strategist, Military training, Agent training,
Traits: Intelligent|Devious|Sneaky||Brutal|Cruel|Intimidating|Huge Temper|Slight Paranoia|Not Completely Mentally Stable|
Background: Zvonomir Klanchenko, the son of Moisei Eshchenko, a Jewish NKVD officer during WW2. When his father was in the Russian secret police, he was known for his brutality towards captured Nazis, and indeed, anyone who was not Communist. His work led to the captures of over 300 capitalist pigs, who were hiding among good working men of the Communist party. Raised in Russia, Zvonomir is actually of Ukrainian descent, though his family had always taken a liking to the Russians, and had been good Communists. Growing up in an aristocratic manner (despite being Communist), he likes classical music and is highly intelligent. After following in his father's footsteps, he became NKVD as well. Sent to the US as a spy when the USSR learned of the NASA program, he was sent in, on the name Pyotr Shteinberg, the son of a German-Ukrainian Holocaust Victim. (He has a Ukrainian accent) Outwardly a very calm and quiet man, he has an enormous temper, and sometimes explodes, and nobody is happy when that happens.

Name: James Maskimov
Role: Science Team
Job: Research and Astrophysicist.
Appearance: Quite tall and of average build, James can usually be seen wearing a combination of shirts and jackets with a pair of jeans. He has light stubble and dark brown hair, with greeny brown eyes and a scar down his left forearm. He has a rounded face with smooth features, giving a friendly demeanour to James. His clothes are not the most modern, some being worn although he keeps his lab coat in pristine condition, as he inherited it from his father.
Dorm Room: Usuallt kept quite neat and tidy, although the occasional mess can be seen in the floors of James's room. Not one for over indulgent dwellings, his bed is a cozy single bed with a firm matress. A high spec laptop is usually found on his desk accompanied by paperwork and a desk lamp. Scientific papers are around the room in filing cabinets, kept ordered in case he needs to check back on his research.
Skills: Knowledge in three major fields of science, basic computer programming and basic combat training.
Traits: Friendly, Not hugely outgoing, Intelligent, Tendancy to assume superiority, Curious, Prepared to go very far in the name of research.
Background: After spending the first few years of his childhood in Russia, James moved to America following the death of his mother. Unable to take care of him himself, James's father sent him to America and put him up for adoption. James was taken in by a family and renamed him James, although he cannot remember his old Russian name. James signed up to the American military for a short period of time, but left after training to pursue a life of science. He studied Physics at University, but also developed understanding of Biology and Chemistry. He has worked at a research lab for ten years now, being one of the most senior researchers there. The facility's main project was on the possibility of extra-terrestrial life as well as the colonisation of the nearby planets. This is likely one of the reasons he was chosen for this project.

I can't wait until the technophobia starts kicking in~

Name: Dolores Bates (goes by the nickname Dory)
Role: Work Crew
Job: Lunch lady
Appearance: Dory is a rather rotund lady of below average height. She keeps her grey hair in a medium-length shag cut (think Paula Deen). Her face is plump, as is expected by a woman of her, err... stature, and her apple-y cheeks have large dimples in them. She wears clothes appropriate for her size and age, such as pantsuits or loose and airy blouses with a pair of jeans. She loves jewelry, and always wears accessories from head to toe (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, rings, toe rings, you name it).

Dorm Room: Dory's dorm room is reminiscent of a typical grandma's bedroom. She has a large, fluffy bed with a quilted duvet (made by herself, of course), a dressing table with all her makeup, perfume, and accessories, and various trinkets and family pictures are strewn across the room on bookshelves and in cabinets.
Favourite Song:

Skills: Cooking and baking, sewing and knitting, first aid
Traits: [Kind and caring] [Outgoing] [Has a calming effect on others] [Nosy] [Loves gossip] [Terminally delightful (bad at reading the atmosphere)]
Background: Dory is a southern belle, born in Houston, Texas. She moved to L.A at the age of 23 in order to pursue her dream of becoming a Hollywood actress, but despite her hard efforts, she gave up when she realized she wouldn't be cast as anything other than a minor character in some B-list production, or a commercial, if she was lucky. So she gave up her dream, and instead started working as a nurse. At the hospital she met a doctor who became the man of her life, and she started a family with him. She was a stay at home housewife until all of their four children had moved out of the house, after which she decided to give back to their community, and started working as a lunch lady at a local school. Her husband passed away a few years ago, and despite occupying herself with her job and the occasional visits by her children and grandchildren, she still feels like she's missing something. Winning the lottery, she thought it would be a great opportunity to take her mind off of things. She hopes her friends and family will be able to join her on the moon somewhere in the near future.

I can't wait for this, sounds right up my street. The psychological horror element sounds like great fun to rp. You know, as well as terrifying.

I don't think this is going to be carried through. The GM said this was probably going to crash and burn due to lack of interest, so my guess is he's either going to focus on the other site completely or just drop the whole thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.