Writing Levels
  1. Elementary
  2. Intermediate
  3. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Scifi, Fantasy, Modern, Romance, Magical, Slice of Life, Pretty much anything
The name is shit, I know, but it was all I could come up with at this moment in time ^^;

Anywho, this is an RP idea I had back when I used to RP quite often. I am hoping to get back into this, and finally, give this plot bunny some justice.

Story Details
  • Setting: Deep Outer Space in Far Future. Primary location is a military base and school in one of the farther corners of the Milky Way Galaxy.
  • Character Types: Students (although I don't particularly want to explicitly put everyone into cliques ^^. Teachers, "Angels" (More on that in a bit), Government/ Military Personnel.
    • The story will mostly focus on the students, but if anyone wants to play adults, feel free to :).
  • Angels
    • "Angels" is the nickname given to an alien race that has been threatening human exploration of space for decades. They are humanoid in nature and have expansive wings that vary in style, but are never feathered. Little else is known about them, and no forms of communication have been made between humans and Angels.
  • The Base/ Academy
    • the purpose of the space fortress is to train young cadets to be able to battle the Angels and help further humanity's understanding of space while also searching for new resources and sources of energy out in space.
    • The cadets and all personnel are brought to the ship via cryogenic freezing and thus come from varying time periods, which is an adjustment for everyone. Recently, there have been advances in space travel technology, causing more modern personnel to be able to enter the academy and base.
    • Instantaneous communication is possible to Earth and all bases and other establishments within the Milky Way.
    • The base and academy are self-sustaining, only gaining certain parts for repairs or technological advancements through the carrier ships that deliver new humans every few years.
    • Uniforms are worn at all times outside of common living areas and all clothing is supplied by the military.
    • Placed on a dwarf planet that makes an elliptical journey around the edges of the Milky Way.
      • travel outside the base is possible via sleek suits that get replaced with every new shipment of people. The new design allows for easy movement about the planet's surface. Permission is needed to obtain one though.
    • all personnel wears a utility belt that comes with a carabiner in case of artificial gravity failure within the station. This belt holds everyone's ID as well.
  • Bare Bones Plot
    • Student(s) find an Angel(s) on the planet, just wandering around. They want to learn more about humans, and the student(s) decided not to kill them after realizing that they meant no harm to anyone. React as you will to their arrival, but make sure they end up in the station somehow. The student(s) manage to sneak them in during the chaos that accompanied the arrival of the cargo ship. They are submitted as a new cadet under name(s) of their choosing.
    • Now, what do you do? >:)
I will most likely be playing as a GM sort of role but will fill in characters, if needed.

I hope to have a fun time with y'all. Feel free to comment below or PM me if you're interested ^^

Sounds kinda interesting. Might be interested in partaking.

• Thank You
Reactions: Faber
Sounds kinda interesting. Might be interested in partaking.
I am so glad to hear that :D. Go ahead and make a character then :). I'm not too picky with pictures or anything like that. ^^

Sounds neat! Interested

• Thank You
Sounds neat! Interested

So glad to hear :). Come join the party. Just put a character sheet in this thread and I'll start the RP when we have a few more people ^^

@Faber

Do you have a sheet or you want to freeball it?

just freeball it ^^. I don't want to be too constricting or anything like that. The bare minimum is name, age, occupation/ role, appearance. the rest can be revealed in the RP if you very well wanted to. Put as much or as little you want otherwise.

Quick.jpeg

Name: Rayn Mormont
Highest Scoring Physical Test: Close Quarters Sparing (A+)
Highest Scoring Knowledge Test: Aerospace Physics (B+)
Appearance: Six feet, one inch tall male with black hair and blue eyes.
Skin is of a fair complexion and body frame is of an athletic, lean build.
The most notable non-facial feature is his strong built back.
Homeland: England, Earth
Notes: Estranged son of a former Prime Minister, Rayn became distant with his family when he refused to partake in what he viewed as crazy and unfair treatment and favoritism in the household. Never truly feeling like he belonged in the family, Rayn enrolled himself in the academy to find a new family and meaning to his life.​

Oh hey this look interesting! Is there any posting expectation or frequency? Also is an Angel playable character?

Oh hey this look interesting! Is there any posting expectation or frequency? Also is an Angel playable character?

Glad to hear it :). I guess expectancy is at least a few times a week, but I understand if life gets in the way. If you can’t post for a few days, just let us know so we skip your turn for that rotation. Yes absolutely! You can play as an angel.

Reactions: Starmine
I'm super interested!

I'm super interested!
I’m glad to hear it :). Please just put a basic character profile in this thread to cement your place in the RP. I hope to start it ASAP

What about playing the angel the cadets sneak in?

I'm super interested!
I’m glad to hear it :). Please just put a basic character profile in this thread to cement your place in the RP. I hope to start it ASAP
Okay, also question about the cryogenics. You said that humans could come from different time periods, could I have some guidelines on that? Like how far back can humans be from? Also when you say far future, what year are we talking?

Also what's the age limit for characters?

Full Name: Nicci Freely
Pronunciation: nee-chee / free-lee
Nickname: Nee, Chi
Birthday & Biological Age & Real Age: January 10th 16 41
Origin: New San Fransisco, 2275
Occupation/Role: Cadet Aspiring Sniper
Appearance: Nicci is a petite young lady, with tawny beige skin, and straight, black, obsidian-colored hair. When she's not wearing her uniform, she prefers big jackets that dwarf her lithe frame.
Skills: Marksmanship Tracking Gymnastics
Weaknesses: Dyslexia
Backstory:
Nicci gained the right to become a cadet through a lottery. Her school was selected for a Time Capsule type event, where each kid was allowed to enter their name into a pool--provided their parents paid for this. The school was given minimal information about what the lottery was actually for, but they were more interested in gaining publicity for their participation. Nicci, who came from a family of deadbeats and overall losers, jumped for the chance to be part of something huge, so she stole money from her mother's purse, in order to enter her name in the lotto. After she was chosen, she was cryogenically frozen a few months later at age 16, after being debriefed on the true intentions of the lotto.

Last edited:
I'm super interested!
Okay, also question about the cryogenics. You said that humans could come from different time periods, could I have some guidelines on that? Like how far back can humans be from? Also when you say far future, what year are we talking?

Also what's the age limit for characters?

Awesome questions :). The current year is 2316 and cryogenic freezing became a thing back around 2100, but most of the older residents are from around the 2200s and 2210's. The oldest currently living member is technically 109, but she appears around mid 50's. The technical age limit is around 115. Students shouldn't be biologically older than 18, while personnel can be just about any age. For cultural references, just use the decades from the 20th century, but with technological twists. So the 2220's were a time of lavish parties after a grand war, just like our '20s.

I hope that answered all your questions ^^.

What about playing the angel the cadets sneak in?

You're more than welcome to :). just put that little tidbit in your bio.

i'm interested, if not many others join; i've found that large groups can get difficult

i'm interested, if not many others join; i've found that large groups can get difficult

Yeah I don’t plan on this one being more than like 5 people. I find that much bigger gets too difficult. So far there are 3 (possibly 4?) in ^^. If you’d like to join, just drop a character profile into this thread and I’ll put you in :)

Looks interesting, but I'm wondering how diverse the academy's training is. As in, is it primarily focused on army and foot-soldier roles or would pilots and vehicle operators also train there?