Southern Hospitality

• Welcome back, Iwaku! While we are still working on the site to get it back into shape, we've come back online so you can get back to doing what you love. Check out this announcement for more details.

saturnia pavonia

waking ups a drag
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Speed of Light, Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day
My Usual Online Time
12 pm-10:30 pm (with some exceptions)
Writing Levels
Give-No-Fucks, Beginner, Elementary, Intermediate, Adaptable
Genders You Prefer Playing
Primarily Prefer Male, No Preferences
Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
Passive more, though occasionally I'll do aggressive
Favorite Genres
Fantasy, Mystery, Scifi, Romance, Yaoi, Yuri, Horror
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry
Abandon cotton fields, dense fog and the smell of the murky swamps were almost overstimulating to a stranger. The closest airport by the little town was still a solid two hours and, after countless cab drivers seemed to deny Ryn, an ignorant Uber driver looking for a break and some quick cash was finally willing to drive the young blogger. Even she grew creeped out the minute they seemed to leave the city and instead of being replaced with low-hanging trees that made the mid-afternoon sun be covered and replaced with darkness so deep that the Uber driver needed to turn on her headlights.

Ryn was told that he would be meeting up with a fan. There was no real physical description of said follower, though he was given a name - Elliot. As the Uber approached, though, the first thing Ryn and the driver saw was a short man carefully sitting on a bench by the small entrance to the elusive town with a book in hand. The town seemed... cute. Quaint. There was only a thin, dirt road that eventually led to the town, it almost being a separate society settled. The houses were small but cute, each lawn having their own little flowers or lawn ornaments. It was picturesque for any young family hoping to settle down... and that was exactly the point.

It was all a facade, of course. Once pushing further into the town, the more decrepit it became..., especially the closer you came to the church. That was a good distance away, of course, and newcomers were only really introduced to the cute few houses close to the river.

Even with the pleasant image, it seemed that the town was almost completely void of people. It was clear that people lived there, what with how everything was neatly trimmed and clean, something that one young man couldn't do on his own. Yet, that was the only smiling face that greeted Ryn. Josiah neatly closed the book and dusted his cardigan a bit of dirt, the bundled up man contrasting the humid weather. For someone who grew up in Hell, even the thickness that came with the Louisiana air seemed chilly to him. Locking eyes with the car as it quickly drove away, the woman taking her money and desperately getting out of the town as fast as possible. Ryn was left with Josiah.

"Elliot told me about you," he began quietly, his Louisiana accent thick as he offered a firm hand. "He's quite the joker, really. I was hoping you wouldn't come by, taking up all this effort just to check up on our little town. I'm Josiah," he greeted, his smile remaining. Despite his smile and his quiet voice, the air seemed thick the minute Ryn stepped out of the car. The image of the town was pleasant but the welcomed feeling seemed forced. "I assume you won't be getting another driver for a while, are you hungry?

ForeverRed

To A Great Mind, Nothing Is Little
DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
3pm-10:00pm, though sometimes I disappear for a day or two
Writing Levels
Elementary, Intermediate, Adept, Advanced, Adaptable
Male, Female, Transgender, No Preferences
I'm more of an aggressive play, buyt that doesn't exactly means I want you to do every little thing I do. It's a huge pet peeve when people just go with the flow. Come up with some stuff as well, have some plot twist too, when you go with everything I say, it just like I'm roleplaying with a wall.
Favorite Genres
Drama, angst, dark roleplays, yaoi, modern, set in the future, romance, horror, family, coming of age. I like a lot of shit.
Genre You DON'T Like
There isn't really anything I'm uncomfortable with. Unless it's furry or romance between kids. Not cool.
Just a week ago, Ryn received a seemingly desperate email from one of his many fans. His fan was begging him to leave New York, and come down south to check out his town. He said something was off with the town, that things weren't right, and that Ryn would know what he meant when he came to see for his self. The way this Elliot wrote the email seemed like he was calling for help. And to Ryn? It sounded like one hell of an adventure, and one hell of a video for his blog. So he booked a flight for the next week, packed up and ended up at an airport. But he still had a two-hour drive to go.

Every taxi he stopped, and told where he was going, they went white in the face, refuse him, and kicked him out of their cabs. Some even told him not to step foot into that town. This only made Ryn want to go more. What could be so scary about a small southern town? Just as he was about to say fuck it and walk, he was able to get an Uber driver. she obviously wasn't around the area, but she happily took him for the cash. So they began driving towards the town, and Ryn already had his camera out, ready to record his journey there. But...On the way there, the roads were covered by thick trees, making it appear like it was night out. Checking the time on his phone, he confirmed it was only two in the afternoon. The sun was definitely up. But he couldn't even see it.

After the long drive, Ry arrived at a seemingly...Perfect town by the river. Each and every house seemed to be plucked right from a movie. The lawns cut perfectly, not one blade of grass taller than the other. There was literally no litter to be seen. The town seemed perfect...Other than the fact the only sign of life was this small, gentle boy sitting on a bench with a warm and inviting smile. Ryn got out of the car, luggage in hand. He barely shut the door before the woman pulled off, in a rush to get back to the city and away from the eery village. Ryn watched her go, almost wondering if he made a mistake coming here....No. Something was definitely up with this town. And it would make a great video for his blog.

Turning back to the small boy, he offered a friendly smile. "Uh, hi Josiah. I'm Ryn, but Elliot probably told you that. Is he going to be joining us at all today?" He asked, moving to fan himself. The heat clung to him, making him feel sticky. And the way this boy was bundled up was making him feel even hotter.

saturnia pavonia

waking ups a drag
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry
"Oh, no no no," he quickly replied with a chuckle. "No, Elliot left," he began eerily, all the while waving the other off dismissively, "I guess it's just you and me, then. I've heard everything he said and I think it's just downright silly but Elliot was always the paranoid type," he noted, emphasizing lightly on 'was'. Taking the other's bags, he grunted at just how heavy they were only to chuckle once again. "Seems like you plan on staying here for a bit, huh? Either that or I'm out of shape," he snorted in feigned exasperation.

"Well, I don't know if you did any research on the town but I would love to show you around. I figure you'll need somewhere to stay and I'd offer you a place in my own home if you'd like," he casually suggested as he walked down the road. It was completely vacant, the only sound of someone else being near being the sudden slam of a front door - that of which closed before Ryn could get a chance to see who was behind it.

"I could show you the local diner, if you're hungry," Josiah continued, seemingly taking charge despite seeming like just a simple local - a young one at that. "I want you to know that all Elliot babbled on about was just silly ramblings, he was always that sort of type. He was a Northerner like you, couldn't handle the humidity," he teased with a small smile... though shot a quick side - glance towards Ryn, waiting for a response.

ForeverRed

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
Several Posts a Day, A Few Posts A Day, One Post a Day, A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
I'm more of an aggressive play, buyt that doesn't exactly means I want you to do every little thing I do. It's a huge pet peeve when people just go with the flow. Come up with some stuff as well, have some plot twist too, when you go with everything I say, it just like I'm roleplaying with a wall.
Favorite Genres
Drama, angst, dark roleplays, yaoi, modern, set in the future, romance, horror, family, coming of age. I like a lot of shit.
Genre You DON'T Like
There isn't really anything I'm uncomfortable with. Unless it's furry or romance between kids. Not cool.
Was? Elliot was the paranoid type? Why would Elliot just leave? And where did he go? "Wait, Elliot left town? For good? Do you know where he may have-" Before he could have finished his sentence a door in the distance slammed, causing him to jump from the sudden noise. Adjusting his glasses, he stared at the house with an arched brow. Okay...That was strange. Maybe the town didn't like newcomers that much? And as for the Eliot situation...He would just have to email him. Ask him what was with him leaving before he even arrived.

At the mention of food, Ryn decided to lighten up. He could start to lurk around after he got some food on his stomach. The airplane food was terrible, so he hadn't really had a real meal all day. "Ugh, that would be great, Josiah right? Yeah, I could use something to eat. I've been traveling. The plane ride wasn't so great, and then it was a two-hour drive here from the airport. And here, lemme take those." He chuckled, taking his bags back. "I couldn't make you carry these heavy things. And you'd really let a stranger stay in your home?" He asked, surprised. He was going to say yes to the free room. He thought he would have to spend a lot of money staying down here, but here was this nice boy giving him a free room? Ha, this wasn't so bad.

"I'll take the room though, thanks a bunch! And after we eat, I would like to look around. Elliot told me there was something odd going on. And something about a church he mentioned?"

saturnia pavonia

waking ups a drag
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry
Freezing a tad at the mention of the church, it was only a brief break from his constant smile and relaxed body language. If questioned, he would wave it off though and continued down the road carefully before stopping at his own home. It was pretty large for a single person, the two stories not really being necessary. Most of the things in the house weren't necessary, in fact. The living room was huge, fitted with a large flat screen television. All of the walls in said room were lined with books he had collected over the century, all of which seemed to be in pristine condition. The kitchen was spotless with fresh fruit resting in a decorative bowl. His personal bedroom was locked and he prefered to keep it that way so instead walked past it straight to the guest bedroom.

It was very similar to what an elderly woman would decorate her spare bedroom. White linen on the bed with lacy pillowcases, matching white silk curtains shading the oppressive sun. A simple white wicker rocking chair sat on the edge of the room and a matching wicker side table beside it. There was an eerily empty closet already set with hangers and a cute, albeit clearly old white teddy bear sitting in the middle of the queen sized bed. Neatly folding a small wrinkle in the bed, Josiah motioned Ryn to set his things down with a smile.

"I've got plenty of room, as you can see. It gets a bit lonely sharing this house alone so it'll be a pleasant change from the usual, having you here," he explained with a bashful chuckle, his cheeks growing pink. Of course, he had cute people stay before. They were rare since most of the sacrifices were dragged in and immediately killed, though he saved the best to play with much like a cat with a dead mouse. Moving to turn on the air conditioner, shivered briefly at the sudden breezy air.

"I hope this is comfortable enough," he whispered quietly before taking a step back, his hands neatly crossed behind his back. "I try to keep my house as neat as possible. It's not The Ritz but I hope this is at least... presentable. Set out your things and I'll grab my wallet so we can get some nice food at the diner," he insisted with a pursed smile as he took in the room critically.

ForeverRed

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Josiah just waved him off like a fly when he mentioned the church, not so much as a word about it. It was odd to Ryn, but he didn't press more into it. He would be this man's house guest, so he wouldn't want to upset him and get thrown out. Once they reached the large home, he arched a brow at it. Why does he live in such a large home if it's just him? Wouldn't he save money taking a smaller home? Maybe he was loaded and didn't care about money Once he reached the room he would be staying in, Ryn's murky black eyes stared in slight shock. These types of rooms always made him feel...scared. Plus the teddy bear on the bed was really creeping him out. But he didn't want to be rude. "Thanks, lemme just unpack my things, and I'll meet you in the living room." Promised the man. He watched the other leave before he began to unpack his things.

Hanging his clothes up in the closet, he mulled over the things he'd seen so far in this short period of time. The major thing was nobody. He had seen nobody since arriving. Only Josiah. And why would Elliot skip town when he was the one who invited him in the first place? Glancing out the window of the seemingly perfect town, he squinted his eyes trying to see if there was a church in the distance. He didn't see anything, so the church must have been in a different direction maybe?

Sitting down on the bed he heard the bed creak under his weight but ignored it as he pulled out his phone. He went to his email, instantly shooting Elliot an email. He had to at least ask why the other wasn't in town. But of course, he didn't get a reply. Sighing, he got off the bed, and left the room, heading down to the agreed meet up place, the living room. Flashing a lopsided smile, he clapped his hands together. "Alright! Let's get some grub. So Josiah, how long have you lived in this town? Did you ever notice anything odd about it?"

saturnia pavonia

waking ups a drag
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry
Josiah had taken the book from the small bag he carried and slid it neatly into place, the bookshelf now tight and stuffed with books, nothing could penetrate it. Glancing over his shoulder, he quickly hurried while snatching up his wallet from the counter. He didn't really need to pay for anything on account of his role in the community but appearances were everything, especially with someone new to the town. With a small smile, he offered the other to follow suit as he stepped back into the heat, not needing to the lock the door behind them.

There was a small spring in his step as he stepped out. He realized that making a good thing out of a bad situation was probably the best situation, he decided, as he patiently waited for Ryn. If Elliot had attempted to sabotage him and his little group, he wanted to at least have a bit of fun with it. If that meant having a little fun with tricking Ryn around a bit, he was going to do it.

"Oh, how long? A few years. My parents moved here when I was 17 to try and get away from the city. They passed and left me a hefty fortune so I decided to stick around, take care of the elderly here," he explained like clockwork as he set his hands in the pockets of his cardigan. "They're very shy towards strangers, especially ones as young as you. The population here is pretty set in their ways. It's a popular retirement town, you know? Close to the water, pleasant weather... though I'm glad you're here. It's nice to see someone my age around here," he admitted, completely skipping over the question of the eeriness. "So you're running a podcast, then? I don't really listen to any so I apologize for not knowing about yours. When you're raised around the elderly, you become one yourself."

ForeverRed

DONATING MEMBER
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
And Ryn took notice of how he completely ignored his question. Ryn also took mental notes of how the boy was bundled up in the heat, and how empty this weird little town was. And he wondered why this boy acted as though nothing was wrong with this town. It was so strange. Josiah was so sweet and so nice, but he felt like the other was only telling him what he needed to know...Or what Josiah wanted him to know. What was going o in this strange town? Again, he decided to press the issue. He would just address is later. Or just ask around to people who won't ignore his questions.

"Yes, I run a podcast. It's gotten pretty popular over the years. Like I've been able to just live off of my podcast. So that's a blessing, it's my dream to like have my own show one day, you know. So, Josiah, where are we going to be eating at? I'm starved." He grinned, glancing around the empty town, until realizing something he said. "...WAit, no one else here is our age...It's only old people?"

saturnia pavonia

waking ups a drag
Roleplay Invitations
One on One Roleplays
Posting Speed
My Usual Online Time
Writing Levels
Favorite Genres
Genre You DON'T Like
Furry
"As I said, it's a big retirement location," he replied simply with a dismissive shrug, strolling into the somewhat beaten up looking diner. The only staff seemingly present was a heavy set older woman who was casually reading a book. She immediately got to her feet upon seeing Josiah alongside someone else, her eyes scanning Ryn curiously. She hadn't seen a sacrifice get close to Josiah for at least a decade now so it was a bit startling. She slid them both menus when they took seats and with a forced smile to Ryn, the older woman shot a knowing look towards Josiah.

"Eat whatever you'd like," Josiah nudged as he eased back. He always got the same thing for the rare times he ate at the diner - chocolate chip pancakes with a sweet tea and a side of bacon. That's exactly what he ordered in front of the old woman who only scribbled down the order to keep up appearances. "You're a guest here, I want you to have whatever you want. I think a proper hot meal is better than anything an airplane can give you," he reassured, his hands folding neatly.