2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Life can be stressful and sometimes a little acoustic therapy is just what the doctor ordered. My question to you is what sounds do you find soothing. The sound of a fire crackling perhaps? Maybe the dawn chorus? Or just possibly Papa Roach's Last Resort blasted at max volume? (we've all had that phase, right...)​

Rain. Never fails. When I don't have the real thing, this works pretty well.

Blasting metal music can also be a de-stress option though. Really depends!

My music (largely Christian metal and rock, though there's also quite a bit of variety), the voices of my friends, rain, my cat purring, a crackling fire...

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Applo
The sound of a running river, or rather a peaceful forest. It gets tricky because it can be rather solemn, but listening to that helps me de-stress and shed most of my worries!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Dipper and Applo
Rain, waves by the river or beach, crickets at night.

And if I need relaxing music, I go to CloZee :'D Specifically this song. And of course this by Lord Huron.

Rain! Rain always works to relax me. Anything by AcousticLabs is also good.

• Love
  • Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Spekkun and Applo
Cats purring, "relaxing" video game music, sometimes just hearing another human talk about their passions.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Applo
I like the sound of water. So like rain and creeks and stuff.

Also bagpipes. I don't know how it happened. Lol

• Bucket of Rainbows
So for the longest time I used the app 8tracks to put on playlists and fall asleep to them. There was this particular member who made themed playlists, and she made one for every Hogwarts house. The Slytherin playlist was so ridiculously relaxing and soothing, it was my go-to playlist whenever I had to relax. I've listened to it so much that my brain automatically waits for the next song whenever one of those from the playlist comes on.

The first song is this:

8tracks kinda sucks (a lot) now so I've struggled to re-create the playlist elsewhere cause not every song is on Spotify and such, but if you're willing to sit through ads and shit here's the playlist (you might need an 8track account to access it though)
THE WAY TO GREATNESS

• Bucket of Rainbows
The sound of my friends from Spain talking to each other in voice chat, even though I understand nothing

• Bucket of Rainbows
Wind blowing through leaves and thunderstorms seem to hit that special feeling in my heart. No matter what it helps ground me and relax.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Definitely the sound of rain. But also, hands down, this gorgeous piece of music:

Without fail, always brings me to a place of calm. I have really bad anxiety and whenever I have a panic attack I play this song and it helps a lot.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I like the sound of faint static, so long as it is soft and not too high-pitched. The sound my alarm clock makes when I get a text is the only static I hear frequently, and unfortunately it's more on the frightening side of the spectrum.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I want to add in the sound of rustling leaves in the wind :'3 Sounds really nice to me, and relaxing.

• Bucket of Rainbows
I love the sound of thunder when it's rolling and rain is falling and there's there sound a wind int he leaves. the SMELL of that as well...so refreshing and soothing.

• Love
Reactions: Applo and Greenie
The piano.

I also find the sound of rain and waves lapping against the shore really relaxing.

• Love
Here's a small list of sounds that calm my soul:

• A newly tuned piano
  • The sounds of crickets and bugs chirping during late night summers
  • Early morning birds singing
  • Waves crashing together at the beach
  • The Sailor Moon theme song on piano/violin
  • The whistle of trains(Since I grew up near a railroad, the noise became soothing)
  • 90's cartoons often help to calm me down as well, I can just put them on as background noise and pass out.

Lately I have been using the MyNoise app to fall asleep on. My favourite is the 'Unreal Ocean' and 'Rain Noise' with my settings adjusted to either replicate thunderstorms or underwater sounds or strong winds. It calms me and reminds me of the days I spent sailing, which I really like.

As for music. When looking for songs to calm me down I look for things like Clozee or other EDM's. Preference goes to those with lyrics, so that I can focus on the words and drown in the beats.

• Bucket of Rainbows