Which Game should this be based around?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reactions: Draugvan
I'm vaguely interested o:
And the only one that voted for bloodborne, sad days.

Either way I'd be up for a souls rp.

I've got pretty good knowledge when it comes to the three dark souls got some knowledge of demon souls and very little in bloodborne.

Last edited:
I voted for Dark Souls 3 because that is the freshest one in my memory (I'm also playing the new DLC that came out today as well).

Any thoughts on character creation? Are we all to be fairly new undead, or does it matter?

You will all be starting in the same location, your backstories may be different, but you will all be starting with minimal gear in a mostly empty undead asylum. (Holla to DS1 ) And I am doing some non-canon stuff such as moving the 3 kingdoms that have shown up in the games closer together for some interesting conflict. As well as adding an entirely new area that fits well with the canon.

Cool. I'm a big advocate for 'new' stuffs. I like personal flavors :D

Are you keeping dark souls 2 locations since that game is non cannon?

Yeah, there will be a few DS2 locations sprinkled in there.

Already beat the Ringed City DLC (At least the main portion of it that involved Gael. Still have more exploring and optional things to do).

Reactions: An Otaku
Are you adding anything from demon souls?

I never got the chance to play demons souls so I don't feel very comfortable trying to incorporate stuff from a game I've never played.

I never played it but I watched a play through that gave me all the info I needed.

Also are boss weapons included if so who would get them. Because I doubt you want six people running around with smoughs hammer or somthing similar.

Already beat the Ringed City DLC (At least the main portion of it that involved Gael. Still have more exploring and optional things to do).
Same. And having played through it all, it feels like From Soft went out of there way to PROVE Dark Souls 2 is in fact canon... Which is nice, I think.

I think they said dark souls 2 isn't canon which is why everyone says dark souls b team. Even Miyazaki says it isn't.

I'd like to see where Miyazaki said that, given the numerous callbacks to 2 in DS3. No point in saying a game isn't canon, and then putting a faceless giant from 2 right outside the main nexus... not to mention the dozens of other callbacks.

Fairly sure people only refer to 2's development crew as the "B Team" because Miyazaki himself wasn't the lead creator, and some people just didn't like the game for being different in some aspects. I don't know, I thought it was great. Better than 3, in my opinion.

Well that's what I was told and now that I try looking it up I can't find it. Dark souls 2 was my first dark souls game but the first is my favorite.

But some things in dark souls don't add up like dark souls you kill the bed of chaos. Dark souls 2 ivory king dlc the old chaos is running wild. Dark souls 3 demons are dying without the chaos.

For sure, 2 and 1 are the best. But 1 is probably better for having the most amazing world/level design I've ever seen.

As for things in the Dark Souls series not adding up. Phew, dunno what to tell you. As Solaire said, "The flow of time itself is convoluted; with heroes centuries old phasing in and out...The very fabric wavers, and relations shift and obscure." With all these differing realities and difficult to decipher lore bits, who knows. Vaati, maybe...

Still. All that matters in the end is that Dark Souls 2 is apart of the series, otherwise it wouldn't be called Dark Souls. Personally, I still have a hard time thinking Bloodborne isn't what follows Dark Souls 3 given Aldrich's whole visions of the deep sea... *shrug*

I might be interested.

Status
Not open for further replies.