Soul Series: The Beginning ~OOC~

Status
Not open for further replies.
>Age: Male

Heh, how manly.

@ERode I love the depth and I actually do love the character. But as you say in your disclaimer, he's just a bit too much power wise. Being unable to be killed or even dismembered means that virtually any enemy we face isn't a problem, which will make things stale pretty quick.

@fyrelily Theres no rush just yet, most apps aren't finished and I haven't chosen anyone yet either. There's still time :)

• Love
Reactions: rissa
Here is what I have so far.​
[bg=maroon]
[/bg]​
[bg=maroon]

sima_shi_artbook_by_mollymous-d3e8aic.jpg

"How old did you think I was?"
divider_red.png

Name: Xaon Cyrasse

divider_red.png

Personality: Xaon is a sophisticated man who doesn't only believe he is superior to others, but knows it as well. Due to his expanded lifespan, he has gained sufficient knowledge of the world, country, people and various other things around him. While he is not omniscient, he believes that he knows a great deal of worldly affairs and general knowledge in the first place. That is how he thinks internally, but in person he acts like a kind man. His persona is that of a chivalrous man, though can come across as cold and brutal depending on how you view and interpret his words and speech. He may just be flat out rude, crude, flirtatious or varying in any way that he chooses. His true personality lies beneath it all, an afraid man who knows that he will die one day but he doesn't know how. With all his knowledge and power, his own Destiny and life are something he can't control, and that scares him.

Likes: Warm Weather, Sounds of Rivers, Mysteries, Challenges, The Moon

Dislikes: Thugs, Cold Weather, Alcohol, Disorder

divider_red.png

History: Xaon was given to the Order of the Druids when he was just a child, barely a year old when his poor parents handed him over to the Order. The Druids raised him like one of their own, but for a price. When he turned eight years old he went through the Trials of Life. The Trials were testing, but they needed to be performed on a child when they are still growing and their body is more acceptable to change. A strong spell is cast on all of the Druids candidates, the spell extended the life expectancy of the person, being able to live over a hundred years. The spell also slows their aging process in terms of Physique, so even at an 'older' age, they still look young in their thirties.

The Druids are an ancient order of Mages who aim to protect and preserve the Land of Tel'Nura. Their Order was secretive at first, aiming to only allow powerful and prodigy Mages inside their walls and learn their secrets, but over time they began to reveal themselves to the World of Tel'Nura. Tel'Nura didn't expect these Druids to come to their aid, only Tel'Nura's aid. They held no allegiances, made no allies and shared no politics.

The Druids masked themselves away underneath mask and cloak to hide their identities from the World. They didn't seek to be hunted down or to be bothered with requests. They trained in the Arcane Arts and with Weapon to prove more capable out in the World. They not only trained their bodies, but mind as well to endure different varieties of plants(drugs), and to sharpen the mind with knowledge and thinking skills.

Druids go through a Trial and a Spell to extend their life. Like any powerful spell, it eventually begins to weaken and wear down, so the spell must be cast again every fifty years and just like the first time the spell was cast, the Victim has a chance of dying to the powerful magic. Surviving the spell the first time does not give immunity to it the next time, and this is why Druids are very careful in who they select, and why the Order is growing smaller. They theoretically can live indefinitely, but with their line of work and the Trials, the oldest Druid lived to be 400 years old before being killed. This spell is a Druid secret, and will stay that way for as long as the Order stands.

Xaon survived the Trials and moved onto more training. He continued to train underneath his Mentors until he was in his thirties, after mastering the art of the staffsword (looks like Hawke's weapon in the video) and some Arcane Magic, he was allowed out to venture the world and keep his identity a secret. He traveled, recording logs of what he saw and what he experienced, returning them to the Druids every few years to store in their Ancient Library. Very few have learned about who he works for throughout his life, though they exist. The most well-known being the Emperor himself knowing who Xaon worked for, and for that the Emperor has trusted Xaon with other problems in the past.

As he traveled the lands, he grew mature and wise about the things he saw before him. He changed from the naive boy into the man that most see before them now. Grand thoughts always ran rampant in his head about saving damsels and rescuing Tel'Nura, but those thoughts are long but dead now.

With the Dragon's being murdered, the Druids summoned all of their Agents back to the Druids Home, known as Alaron. Xaon returned already knowing the grim news of the Dragons being killed and that the Water Dragon is still alive, but must be protected at all cost. The Druids, an Order growing smaller with every passing year, was in need to protect the balance of Tel'Nura once more. They elected Xaon to personally be with the Water Dragon, while other members of the Druids investigated other leads throughout Tel'Nura.

(I usually give a general thing over my Characters History, more indepth things are told like a story in the actual IC)

divider_red.png

Weapons: Staffsword

Powers:
Basic control over Elements

Arcane Magic - Arcane Magic can be viewed as magic in a pure form compared to Elemental Magic. While the Elements are pure, only the Dragons can truly use Elements as they were meant to be where Elemental Magic is but a magical copy of those Elements, drawing upon the pure Elements to make what they do. Arcane Magic has no Elemental 'properties' but just is magic in a raw, dangerous form. General use of Arcane Magic appears in the color of purple, and for instance, an arcane blast which is meant to shoot a purple ball of magic at the target and explode, would leave behind strange residue. It is highly destructive magic, and its only purpose is to destroy.

Skills:
Fighting | Problem Solving | Learning | Languages

Weaknesses:
Minding his own Business | Disorder | Problems (He will almost stop what he is doing to solve a Problem)

Equipment: Weapon, Provisions, Coin, Half-Filled Book, Various Misc. Items.

Theme song: (Have fun)
[/bg]

Reactions: rechonq
Morrow.jpg

Name: Morrow Gracewind

Personality: Just as power can breed corruption, talent can breed arrogance. One’s first impression of Morrow may be that he comes off as an egotistical snob and this is not entirely untrue. Although he is somewhat rude to others and has a superior attitude, it doesn’t necessarily make him a bad person nor does it make him particularly good either. Morrow can be very indecisive, finding it hard to commit to just about anything and sometimes struggling to make even the simplest decisions. In contrast to his nonchalant abuse of others, he’s also quite the charmer. His beauty and charisma easily draw others to him and his ability to sweet talk others keeps those he wishes nearby. Able to see the bright side of just about any situation, his optimism is probably the trait others envy the most about him.

Likes: Being the center of attention and showing off. // Desserts // Animals, especially domesticated ones. // Strawberries

Dislikes: Cold Weather // Excessive Cruelty // The suffering of others // Insects, especially large ones.

History:

The Gracewinds have always been a family of opportunists, taking advantage of anything and everything that would either secure them more wealth, power or social standing. Having several family members trained in the arts, politics and humanities, usually covers all their bases and keeps them in high social standing. When it was discovered that one of their more recent offspring had a natural talent for healing, the family’s patriarch didn’t waste any time exploiting his son’s abilities to further his own ambition. When he was but a child, Morrow’s father sent him to the area’s monastery, to nurture his son’s abilities and use his power for the good of the region. The adoration of the people for such a selfless act had nothing to do with his decision of course…

As a six year old, Morrow didn’t understand why he was being sent away from home and assumed it was because his family was unhappy with him. He begged his father to let him stay but his father explained to him that it was his duty to honor his family and become a shining beacon for the citizens. It wouldn’t be until many years later that he realized his father had basically exploited him in exchange for favor with the people. Although he shed countless tears, in the end, he was sent away against his will. The monastery lay perched in the Storm Wall mountains, far removed from the rest of civilization. There, he was schooled and instructed on how to better understand and control his powers, while using them to benefit the people.

Life in the monastery was difficult for him as a child. The rules were very strict, he had no one his own age to play with and his interactions with others was limited. Most of his time was spent praying, studying and honing his abilities. Although he excelled in his studies and improved his abilities, his social skills remained to be…desired. The only interaction he had with the outside world was when someone made a pilgrimage to the monastery, seeking his abilities or aid. There were also special religious holidays in which he was allowed to visit town along with disciples of the monastery and their guardians but even then those visits were filled with people making offerings to the church in exchange for healing the sick and injured.

Now as an adult, Morrow is a willing member of the monastery and has gotten more than comfortable with people praising him for his skill

Powers: White Magic

Morrow is adept in white magic, meaning he is able to promote healing within the body. The more serious the injury the more difficult it is to heal. Flesh wounds appear to be the easiest to treat where as broken bones require greater effort. In addition to those skills he is also able to treat poisons and magically inflected ailments through the use of his own skill combined with medicinal treatments. Offensively he is able to cast spells of light which are especially potent against creatures of darkness.

Skills: Through years of training, Morrow is able to create salves and antidotes out of certain herbs and plant life. As expected, minor illnesses can be treated with a combination of ingredients that one comes across commonly and rare illnesses require more luck or preparation. In combination with his own ability to heal, he can accelerate the use of these medicines exponentially. What might normally take weeks to heal can be done in a matter of days.

Weakness: Having no formal training in physical combat leaves him at the mercy of others to keep him safe. He can also come off as arrogant and is difficult to get along with.

Equipment:

A small sack that contains herbs and medicines to treat minor illnesses.
Mortar and Pestle to create medicines as needed.
Bandages.
Around his neck is the cross of Na’milon the symbol of his monastery.

Theme Song:

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: rechonq
Ok, I'll make my CS more pretty shortly and include a pic and theme song ^_^

@Winter
All things considered, he's also the only character that you can safely and suddenly dismember or murder without the player getting pissed. XD

As I've stated, the enemy simply needs to go from trying to kill him to trying to immobilize or remove him. Pertification, ice shenanigans, dropping him into a pit, or pinning him against a wall all come in mind. And while it wouldn't be as grevious as if it were done to a normal human, chopping off his arms or legs is still going to make him useless for a length of time.

Enemies just have to be creative~

@ERode It's not the point. A character who can't die has nothing to fear and it does put limits to the enemy types because of that. Regular enemy types would all need an upgrade to have any impact against the group and that's not really what I'm looking to do.

Characters are supposed to be evolving as the story grows, everyone will gradually become stronger as the enemy does. People will discover new ways to hone their abilities and new uses of their powers. Your character seems like he's already at the end and hasn't got much room to grow.

Ah, so you want them to grow in terms of power levels, not just in terms of character growth? Guess I misinterpreted all the CSes that claimed mastery over certain skills/magic then.

Any suggestions on how I change this? Or do I just think of an entirely new character, seeing how we now have another old-but-looks-young character?

Some of us do claim expertise with our powers, but with powers they can run into some enemy that is going to make them figure out new ways to use them. So even though our physical power may not grow, our skill and use of our power will evolve. Also the excuse of just immobilizing someone immortal hasn't ever really sat well with me, because then they are just waiting for whatever is sealing them to ware away and they continue again. Someone with immortality can sort of ruin a roleplay for the other players as well. Not going to lie, I shook my head when I first saw that there was someone trying to be immortal.

When I read through your profile more, I feel like you could play an immortal better than most I have seen, but it's still sort of annoying that there isn't something that can stop you. Even something specific like anti-animation magic or radiant spells or a magic null field. There's no suspense if your character ever goes into battle or faces a danger.

Reactions: Arcadius
@ERode Thats the idea, yeah. Mastery to some degree is fine, because eventually we will be coming up against some seriously powerful antagonists which will require us all to seek ways of improving ourselves. But as rechonq pointed out immortality is just not something that'll really work, in fact he explained it perfectly in terms of what i was thinking. It'd probably better if you came up with something else in terms of power.

I'm sorry, though for what it's worth the level of depth and detail was fantastic and I liked the story itself. It just won't fit.

~~~~~

I'll be picking apps late Monday :) just so everyone has a chance to submit something over the weekend.

• Nice Execution!
Reactions: rissa
Mm, have fun then, I suppose. Guess there's just a conflict of opinion in regards to immortality as a power.

Name: Mathias, the Iron Wolf

Personality: Mathias speaks in a cold uncaring manner that seems void of any feeling. Rage and its lesser form, anger, are the only emotions that manage to seep through the cracks of his rough exterior.

Equipment/Weapons: Masterworks quality arms and armor (full plate, bastard sword, shield, lance), horse (Arion), barding, military saddle, whetstone, rations, and waterskin.

Skills
  • Diverting Defense: Mathias is a master at integrating footwork and posturing with sword and shield in redirecting the attacks of his enemies, reducing what would rightly be devastatingly heavy blows to nothing more than weak glancing strikes across or along his shield, sword or armor. “The lion and the tiger may be more powerful, but the wolf doesn't perform in the circus.”
  • Armored Skin: A large portion of Mathias' life was spent training and fighting in heavy armor -it still is. He does not suffer the regular penalties to mobility from wearing heavy armor. “Put on some armor. Just remember what's armor and what's you, so when it's time to take it off, you can.”
  • Mounted Warrior: Mathias is an able mounted combatant. He is proficient with a sword and shield from horseback, but prefers to use a lance or other variation of pole weapon. “I call horses 'divine mirrors' -they reflect back the emotions you put in.”
  • Third Eye: Mathias has an incredibly well developed sense of combat awareness. Seldom is he caught off guard. It could almost be described as an intuitive danger sense. “Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing.”

Flaws
  • Dark Fate: Mathias is doomed to experience a most horrible demise, or worse, suffer eternal agony. In the end, all his efforts, his struggles, and his dreams will come to naught. His fate is certain and there is nothing he can do about it. Even more ghastly, he has partial knowledge of this, for he occasionally has visions of his fate -and they are most disturbing. Through sheer force of will, he barely manages to overcome the malaise these visions inspire in him. At some point in his life, he will indeed face his fate, but when and how is completely up to the powers that be. Though Mathias knows he can't do anything about his fate, he still struggles to reach some noble goal before it occurs, or at least tries to make sure that innocent lives are not destroyed when his end comes. “Curse you stars.”
  • Honor of the Duel: Driven by an unremitting sense of honor, Mathias will never back down from a forthright challenge to single combat. "It is better to die as a wolf than living like a dog."
  • Pride of Arms: Excluding the occasional throwing of a lance or rock, Mathias is not proficient with standard ranged weaponry; in fact, he considers these weapons to be beneath his station. "It was pride that changed angels into devils."
  • Righteous Cause: To Mathias, the end justifies the means. He is willing to perform morally repugnant actions in order to achieve noble goals. Unfortunately, this can and has alienated him from people who might support his cause if he didn't use such heavy-handed methods. In addition to this, Mathias views most situations in black and white, good and evil, etc. In many situations this limited, judgmental way of thinking has hindered his reaction to something or caused him to act socially inappropriate from the point of view of others. “Even if I am to carry all the evils of this world, it won't matter. If that can save the world, then I'd gladly accept it.”
Vigor: Mathias' power is called Vigor for namesake. He has only ever been able to use this power once. Vigor is an unusual power in that it rapidly heals and revitalizes Mathias for its duration, but it only activates after he receives a fatal injury. As stated before, Mathias has never again been able to replicate this power; however, there is a passive aspect to Vigor. It bestows Mathias with a healing factor that is greater than the average human e.g., mending bones, tendons, regrowing lost fingers and even teeth in a matter of days whereas a normal human being would be left crippled and likely unfit for a non-sedentary lifestyle after sustaining injuries of this nature. Due to this power, Mathias does not sport a single mark on his body that would suggest he has ever participated in battle. As a result, among other warriors he is often -at first glance- seen as a young start-up who carries an ego that is larger than his bastard sword which may be true to some extent. Lastly, due to Vigor, positive energy (restorative magic) and negative energy (necromantic magic) have little to no effect on Mathias.

History: Once upon a time there lived a young Princess who was loved by her people. Fate had this young Princess cross paths with an orphan Child who was said to have a sickness in the mind. This Child believed a horrible end awaited him and everyone dear to him would suffer the same consequence if not worse. After the young Princess listened to everything the Child had to say about his dark fate, she delicately put her hand on his cheek and softly said “Everything will be okay. I promise.”

The years seemed to quickly pass by and the Child was now a young Knight within the Royal Guard. He was entrusted to protect the Princess's life. The Knight took great pride in his duty. Soon after the Princess married to a feudal Lord. The marriage was politically motivated as it joined two kingdoms into one and ended the ongoing hostilities between them. The Princess was now a Queen with a drunkard of a King who was cruel and showed no love for her. He would physically abuse her, too. The Knight only tolerated the treatment the King gave to his Queen because she ordered it. Eventually, the King began to fall in love with the Queen whose heart was so pure. The King admitted to the Queen that he was only a puppet, that his advisors had no intention of holding themselves accountable to the dictates of the their union, chiefly the abolishment of slavery within their joint kingdom. The next day, the Queen woke up with the King dead in their bed. The healers ascertained that the cause of death was poison. The King's death was not the only death that night. Many high ranking officers and individuals within the Queen and King's employ were also assassinated. This event marked the beginning of a bloody civil war that the Queen would lose.

No matter what happened, the Queen's optimism never waned. Together in defeat, the Queen and her Knight escaped to safety and began a new life in hiding, pretending to be husband and wife. The Queen would always refer to the Knight by his name, for the Knight it took some getting used to being on a first name basis. At first, being married was simply a cover but in time, the Queen and her Knight could not help falling deeply in love with one another.

Their time together did not last long. The Queen and her Knight were found. In the defense of his Queen, the Knight was able to slay one-hundred warriors before he collapsed from his wounds. Then he watched as the Dragon approached the Queen ready to judge her for crimes she had not committed. At this moment is when the Knight's power, Vigor, activated. In the end, the Knight was no match for the Dragon. A minuscule, superficial cut to the neck is all that the Knight could inflict upon it. Once again, the Knight collapsed from his injuries. This time the Knight watched in agony as the Dragon executed the Queen, killing her and their unborn child. Before the fatal blow was delivered, she looked to her Knight with a smile on her face. Her last words to him were “Everything will be okay. I promise.”

The Child felt as if his entire life had flashed before his eyes. He nodded his head and began to cry. “No . . . it won't.”

Theme Song: Fate/Zero – 01 Point Zero

Last edited by a moderator:
@ERode sorry to hear that, but thank you for taking interest anyway.

@Rai'Athar I can see you used a slightly different CS format. Is this character copied over from a different RP, also in your history you mention only having made a small cut on the neck of a dragon. Which dragon? Why is a dragon judging the Queen, also dragon is a title, they're not actual dragons so I'm not sure how any of them could take a slice to the neck and escape with only a cut.

I'm posting this from my phone at work so maybe I miss read. If you could explain these details though that'd be really great :)

@Winter The old RP died and never went anywhere significant so I didn't get a chance to play him. I didn't change the format of the CS too much because I liked the old one better.

There's quite a few variations from the original character, namely his history and flaws. This character is actually a variation of one I played when I was 24 years old -also in an RP that died very quickly. Maybe he's bad luck, or it's just me.

The cut was probably slightly deeper than a paper cut at it's deepest point. The Dragon thought it had completely evaded the Knight's final attack. I do know they are not actual dragons. :p

As for the Dragon that was cut, I was planning on leaving that up to you. If you like my character, we could do some behind the scene collaboration? I'm one of those GM's pet PCs, so whatever it is you say, I will do it with a smile. The Knight's Dark Fate is also completely in your jurisdiction and I'm hoping I've given you some interesting flaws to play with.

pvI48mb.jpg

Tallulah Woren​

Nickname(s): Tali
Title(s): Snowkissed, Silvermane, Warg

Personality: Wary and impartial, headstrong and passionate, Tali is a force to be reckoned with. Growing up isolated on the snowy peaks of Mount Telasova, Tallulah is a lonely person who's more comfortable with animals and her elders than people her own age or younger. As such, her social skills aren't top notch and neither are her communication skills. Tali is a competitive person however, and this shows best in her need to prove herself. Tali is a bit of a paradox when it comes to her confidence; she's confident in her abilities yet, self-conscious in herself. She rides a fine line between being honest and harsh, having been taught that lies are the bane of S'novus, the Winter Goddess of her people. Clever, creative, courageous and consistent, Tallulah strives to be at the pinnacle of perfection, despite knowing that such a thing is impossible.

History: In the foothills of Mount Telasova, Tali was born almost two months too early and despite surviving the odds, was pale and sickly for the first few years of her life. Her health didn't improve until her fifth year when her parents journeyed up the mountain, as is custom*, with the rest of her clan. A freak accident shortly turned into a miracle. Early one morning, five year old Tali wandered off into the woodlands surrounding camp. When her parents woke, they found the first snow of the season blanketing the camp and their sickly child missing. Beside themselves with fear, they roused the camp and men and women went about searching for the lost child, though many thought it was a lost cause. They searched well into the evening but no one found the small, dark haired child. Most gave up the search, yet a few carried on through the night. The later it got, the harder the snow fell and with each passing minute, the Woren's lost hope.

Tallulah was found as day broke and the snow turned to ice. She was found by a family friend, a woods-witch who says he was sent a vision by S'novus, the Winter Goddess of their people. He found her in a frozen meadow, surrounded by wildlife. Tali doesn't remember any of this, but the man swore she was being protected and comforted by the animals. Snow birds and spotted wild cats, soft furred bunnies and wild mountain dogs laid around the small child, as if they were domesticated and wanted nothing more than to lie down and keep her warm. The woods-witch noticed something different about Tali; he who helped birth her. Tali's swarthy hair had turned silver-grey and she had more color in her cheeks than ever before. After some persuasion, the woods-witch was able to coax her away from the animals and back to camp where her parents believed her dead. Many didn't believe his claim, yet they couldn't deny the change in Tallulah Woren.

As the migration neared it's peak the clans reached their destination: the Valley of T'seria. It's a sacred place, where the Savants of Telasova bless children, families, and souls.* The woods-witch insisted upon a meeting of the Savants, to prove his claim of his vision and what he saw in that meadow. The Savants took one look at Tallulah and granted him a Veitchan, essentially a Holy Trial where chieftains, woods-witches, and elders of every tribe are gathered to bare witness of his truths or his falsehoods. Long story short, the Savants proved his truths and spoke to Tali's parents. They asked to help raise the child as their own, so they could help her see her full potential. It was such an honor that the Woren's agreed, and a year later, six year old Tali made the long trek back to T'seria with her da and maman. Only this time she didn't travel back down - she climbed farther up to the peak, where she spent the next decade and a half calling the Monastery of the Savants her home.

During her stay at the monastery, the Savants taught her many things and revealed many more. They began with cultural, historical, and worldly studies, then numbers, and then finally with weapons and survival techniques. When she was eight years old, Sveay Sarrat started her bow lessons and she caught on quickly. When she was thirteen Ranger Yakoda furthered her training. Vetta Annona* concluded that her tongues were as good as they were going to get when she turned two-and-twenty, saying her three new tongues were 'tolerable, if accented by your southern hill gargle'. After her three years alone in the mountains, she returned to the monastery, where she was asked to travel through the mountains and aid different clans in many different ways. She brought food for those who hungered, water for those thirsty, clothes for the clothe-less, prayers for those in need of them, and helped defend land against raiders. Tali supposes this is why the Emperor has summoned her, though she's entirely unsure how she could be of help to His Magnificence.

Animals. They have a certain freedom she admires and craves.
Being around people who make her comfortable enough to be herself.
Having her hair brushed; Sveay Issa used to brush her silver-grey hair and braid it.

Dislikes:

Loud and boisterous noises and people.
Liars and people unable to handle the truth.
Humid weather. The heated pools of the Savant Temples inside Mount Telasova.

Weapons / Powers / Abilities:

A pair of antler-handled daggers she forged herself when she was thirteen. The forge of Mount Telasova is humble but by all means functional.
She was recently given an osage-wood bow by the Savants on Mount Telasova as a parting gift.
Tali also carries a kukri blade that she found after burying its owner in the foothills of Telasova.

Tali is a warg, by G.R.R.M's standards; she's able to enter the minds of animals and see what they see, feel what they feel and bend their will to do her bidding. But the similarity stops there - Tallulah cannot enter the mind of a human being. Every once in a while however, she'll bend their will too far and accidentally imprint a part of herself into said animal.

Though not immune to it's bite, Tallulah has built up a tolerance to the cold. Whether it's as simple as that, or because she's Snowkissed*, only S'novus truly knows. The frigid winters barely chill her bones, but that doesn't stop her from wearing her favorite snowbear lined cloak.

Skills:

A survivalist to the first degree. At seventeen she left the monastery to spend three years alone in the mountains. It was as much a test as it was a cleansing.
Though she's been wielding her kukri for seven years now, she's a sure-shot with her bow, which she's been using religiously for over a decade.
Almost all of her senses are "enhanced" due to her warg abilities. She can wear the eyes of a crow over two hundred leagues away, listen through the ears of a doe standing midstream somewhere down river, shoulder the keen instincts of a feline, or feel the vibrations from the earth through the insects all around. Some of these are so "open" that she's almost unconsciously doing it.

Weaknesses:

Hand-to-hand combat. She can brawl her way out of a bar fight, but that's as far as she'd get. Having only been formally trained in defensive escape maneuvers and long to mid-range weaponry, Tali would be lost in hand-to-hand combat. Give her a blade and it'll boost her odds though.
There are consequences to her warging abilities. She feels what they feel. Tallulah Woren has felt three deaths, none of them her own. Though imprinting creates an incredible bond, it also has an incredible pain hidden behind it: if that animal dies, Tali feels it. Feels as though she's dying too. If this were to happen in the middle of battle, it would severely weaken her and she probably wouldn't be able to cover her own ass, making her a liability. However, Tali has learned her lesson and rarely fights alongside her Imprinted. There are of course smaller injuries here and there during a fight or act of the gods, but over the years it's become second nature - a second pain if you will. Her tolerance grows as the years do.
There is a piece of every beast she's imprinted on inside her, a trait that she can't shake, a hunger she can't feed, a thirst she cannot quench.

Equipment:

An enchanted rucksack that was gifted to her on her eleventh birthday by Sveay Issa. (Think Hermione's purse in Deathly Hallows.)
A small coin purse deep in her rucksack that contains her entire life's saving.
Basic survival essentials - flint, waterskins, salt, knives, fishing gear, bedroll, small black-iron pot and kettle, and extra small clothes.
Her royal summons.
Dried meats and jerky, salted mountain trout, hard goat's cheese, and three loaves of black bread. A few jars of herbs and spices that can double as healing salves, mint leaves, and Savant grown tea leaves.
Keeva, Morova, and Synn.*

Theme song: Avatar the Last Airbender Soundtrack

* Every seven years the mountain and valley clans set aside their differences, and migrate to the Holy Valley of Tseria where they converse with the Savants and their gods.

* Snowkissed, in myths and legends of the mountain and valley clans, speak of one kissed by the snow. Kissed meaning killed. Legend states that sometimes Lady S'novus takes pity on mortals kissed by snow and breathes life into them with a kiss. They awaken with frozen hearts and hair as white as snow or silver like the light of the moon.

* Sveay is a gender-neutral title that essentially means priest/ess. There is a hierarchy within the Savants, and Sveay's are among the top tier.

* Vetta is a female title that closely translates to 'holy scholar.' The male equivalent is Vettan.

* Keeva, is an adolescent crow and one of her Imprinted. In the picture above, he is perched on her shoulder, where more often than not you'll find him preening himself until Tali sends him off to do her bidding. He's a snarky little crow, fond of counting and collecting shiny objects.

* Morova, is a three year old snowcat she accidently imprinted on while making her way back home to the monastery. She was just a cub and her mother was nowhere to be seen. Reluctantly Tali took her home with her and the pair have been inseparable since. Sometimes Tali has to make a sleeping-mixture for Morova because she insists upon shadowing her every step.

* Synn, her only true pet, was given to her by Sveay Issa when she was nine years old. She imprinted on him accidentally and discovered her warging abilities. He's a mischievous little ferret from southern lands and enjoys curling around her neck and sleeping in her snowbear lined cloak.

Last edited:

♥ Crystal, the Vigilant Harpy♥

Long ago there was this girl,
A girl who is witty; a jewel; a pearl.
Her hair is white, and her skin is pale,
her eyes are mismatched and covered with veil.

Everyone loved her, for she was a charm,
Thinking that she can't cause any harm.
But she was a harpy and nobody knew.
She kills all her prey, and put it in stew.

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Name:
Crystal

Personality:
Crystal's personality is an ambiguous one. For the most part she is a sweet, feminine and sometimes shy girl when around people. She has an overwhelming charisma that she likes to use to manipulate people into doing what she wants with ease. She can be impetuous, stubborn, cheerful, and sweet, just like a small child might be but don't be fooled. She is more than that. She has a penchant for mischief and can be quite mischevous when she wanted to. She is also smart and witty.

But, all of this masks her dark and sanguinary side—a ruthless, cold and calculating psychopath who has little, if any, problem in using others for her ends. She will resort to cruel and usually violent methods, most of the time coming out of nowhere, that generally end in bloody deaths.

Children | Nature | wind | sunny days | birds

Dislikes:
Rain | Rude people | Liars | Traitors

History:
Crystal is only half harpy. She has the ability to sprout wings on her back and transform her feet into talons. She cannot fly.

Crystal was born in the mountains of Tel' nura near the Temple of Air. Her dad was a guard of the temple while her mom died giving birth to her. Her father knew that Crystal wasn't normal. His wife was a harpy and its inevitable for their daughter not to be. He wanted Crystal to forget about her harpy side, to just be a regular girl and be normal. Her father thought its the right thing to do thus, he decided to leave her to her grandparents to live a normal life. Her grandparents owned a pub in the city so its perfect.

Crystal grew up not knowing who her real father was but when she was a toddler, she saw her father having a drink at the pub as her grandparents quietly pointed him out. Since then she had always waited for him in the pub until he never came back. Crystal couldn't help but worry so she confronted her grandparents about it. The confronation turned into a huge fight that she started to learn about everything. She learned that her father died because he's a guard of the air temple. Learned that he as abandoned and learned that her mother died giving birth to her. Thiscaused Crystal to lash out and her powers to show up.

Out of anger, her back and feet started to ache until wings and talons grew out of it. It was so surprising that she freaked out and unconsciously released a small tornado around her. The transformation was so painful and stressful that she blacked out. When she woke up, she found herself chained and locked in a cage by no other than her grandparents.

She felt so betrayed. The people she trusted betrayed her! As soon as she had the chance to escape, she took the opportunity and ran away. She promised heself to never return to the city and never trust anyone ever again.

She found an abandoned cottage in the woods after that. In this cottage she started harnessing her abilities until she almost perfected it. She's great at flying but she's still having a hard time controlling the wind and her feather projectiles.

Everytime she goes to the town to buy her food, she always gain unwanted attention. Her mismatched eyes and her white hair is enough for her to stand out of the crowd thus, it made her cautious about herself in new surroundings.

As for the rumors, it started circling when they saw a harpy flying around the forest. The townfolks belived that the harpy in the forest eats children. It all happened when a child got lost in the forest and the child never came back. All they found was its shoes. No one really knows if the rumors are true.

Powers:
Wind Generation | Feather Projection

Skills:
Memorization | Agility | Enhanced Hearing and vision | balance

Weaknesses:
Socialization | Physical Strength | Hand in Hand Combat

Equipment:
white cloak | silver dagger | bag full of money, medicine and food

Theme song:

Even something specific like anti-animation magic or radiant spells or a magic null field. There's no suspense if your character ever goes into battle or faces a danger.
You remind of a one specific W40K character, also immortal for one reason or other (frankly, I just don't remember). He was thrown into an incinerator, and promptly burned to cinders, from which he regenerated back at a later point, and remembered the whole process. I suppose you could go that way about making immortality, well, functional. A character who has lived through one's own cremation simply won't be firing on all cylinders again, ever. Naturally, writing a character with a such ridiculous pile of traumata is at the very least very challenging. Human mind simply isn't made for this sort of abuse. This leads to a conclusion that you'd be writing a night catatonic character, which, I think, would be almost impossible to make work in RP.

But anyway, that's just me waking up from slumber of inactivity and giving my 1,775237216 eurocents.

@rechonq Accepted
@Ramboing Accepted
@Arcadius Accepted
@Artorias Accepted
@fyrelily Accepted
@Lackadaisical Accepted
@Rai'Athar Accepted

Congratulations! initially I only wanted a max group size of six but seeing as we've had some really great applications I've extended it to eight including myself.

Now that I know who is in the cast, could those above please try to be active in the OOC. I like to get to know the people I'm writing with and as this is planned to be a long lasting thread I'd like for us to use this thread as a conversational lounge between posts ^^

~~~~~

@GroggyFrog
@Warm Regret
@ERode
@DANAsaur

Sorry that you didn't get in, however if there happens to be an opening I'll contact you four first and foremost. Thank you for taking interest and thank you for giving such amazingly detailed characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.