Soul Reapers Like Sweets, Right?

"Meditation is supposed to be good for helping clear the mind." Chloe replied without much of a thought. "I don't like sitting still because I think too much when I do. So having a way to quiet the mind would be good."

Her smile remained the same, but when he began his staring contest with the bird, she broke into laughter. It was somehow entertaining, but in a way, she found it also just interesting to watch. "I don't know who won between you just now," She mused as the bird left, "But I don't think I've ever seen a real staring contest between a person and a bird. You really are quite interesting." It took a moment for her to relax her diaphragm and stop the laughter, but when she did, she let out a deep sigh to prove she'd calmed her breathing as well. "Sorry, sorry...It was just funny somehow..."

"I know right?" He said while letting a chuckle slip. "This was a complete first." Ok, that never happened: him in a staring contest with a bird. It probally would've been funnier if it was a hawk or something. But back on subject train number 1, he nodded at her reference of clearing the mind and wanted to make a stupid joke about her not wanting to sit still for too long but let it pass. In any case, he could easily just make her sit still and send the both of them to his mindscape where little to no time went by but that would be too much. With a smile, he looked up at the sky.

She watched him curiously as he sat silently staring at the sky. Chloe had since calmed down her laughter clearly, and was mostly quiet herself- but it was still hard for her to sit for so long, and she ended up getting up quite suddenly soon after. Spinning to look at him, she smiled easily, stretching so that her torso was leaned forwards while her legs were straight, leaning more on her heels and using her bent back for balance. She only did this for a moment, but it was easier to watch him that way even if it wasn't long. After she stood straight, stretching a bit more, she spoke. "So do you spend most of your time meditating, or do you have other hobbies too? I can't seem to help but be curious about it."

He raised an eyebrow at her curiosity about his hobby. "Well, I have a multitude of hobbies. Some include technology and history and other odd ones like cooking. At the very least, I'm not behind the times because of said hobbies." In all honesty, he blamed his friend for the technology based hobby. Though, after living on his own for too long he was used to cooking. As for his history hobby: well lets just say that it would always intrigue him, reading about events from the world's past. His wan't no joke but lets not get into details.

"I don't think cooking is an odd hobby at all. Then again, it happens to be one of my own...So that may perhaps be why." She smiled easily, happy to have found a common denominator in their interests. Having a common hobby meant there was at least one thing she was sure would be easy to converse about. "I'm not very good with technology, nor am I bad with it- I'm neutral, I suppose. I just use it as I need it. As for history...I don't enjoy it mostly because it's hard to find a way to learn about it where you don't sit still." The last statement made her giggle. "I only really go to the library for cookbooks."

He let out a slight laugh as well. Good, there was one common ground between the two. At the very least, she accutally went to a libary for something, even if it was for cookbooks. He was about to ask her something, until his mind's eye had told him that something was wrong...something completely wrong. Ignoring that, he sat back up, and extended his senses once again to find nothing. Oh well, mabye he needed some time to settle down and keep things mellow.

She did sense to a degree that he was going to ask something- but when not a word escaped his lips, she let out a soft, almost disappointed sigh. Once she felt fully stretched and fairly ready, she gave him a soft smile. "Since we both like to cook, let's make a dinner together sometime. It's fun to cook with other people." Her smile was clear and happy, almost too happy- however, it remained the same as she spun on her heel once more to face the opposite direction. "I'm going to go look for new recipes..." Turning her head over her shoulder she gave a waving gesture. "Don't fall asleep while you meditate, okay?" She soon began to head off towards the library's direction, wondering what she could cook that he'd enjoy.

He smiled and waved to her as she was leaving. Cooking together did sound enjoyable to him. As it his, he stood up and streched himself out and decided to go home for the day. On his way home, he passed by a market and stocked up on stuff as well. As he was walking back, her smile seem to be in his mind as he was completely relaxed. Letting out a smile of his own, he got to his aparment and put the stuff where it needed to go. Seeing it was getting late, he took a shower and decided to sleep for the night. He had the feeling that he was going to sleep well.

Chloe spent a long time looking through cookbooks, trying to find recipes that would be fun and easy for more than one person to cook together rather than making it difficult to do. As she looked at various recipes with various types of ingredients used, she found one book that caught her attention the most and took it out on her library card before dashing home to beat the foot traffic of the evening rush. As she entered and went upstairs to her apartment, she set the book down and looked out the window of the living room, smiling towards the sky lightly. Her mind wandered to Johnathan and to the soul society he'd spoken of. Questions brewed in her mind, but she stayed silent as she turned to her kitchen and began to make a light supper. She slept soundly soon after, falling asleep right after eating at the table.

During the middle of the night Johnatan had woken up and stood outside his window. He extended his presence to scout for any hollows nearby and found one quite a few miles away. "It's near that accident site..." He noted before transforming and heading out in the cover of night. As he moved, he noticed Chloe's presence and it seemed calm and relaxed. That was a good thing in his books. But to the topic at hand, he got to the site and stood on a random traffic pole and looked at the resident hollow. That poor groteste thing, it was shapped like the human blob. It had saw Johnathan and got ready to let out a roar.

That is, until Johnathan had cut it's mask in half (plus its head) and purified that poor soul. Well, it seemed like a regular night. "It's gone? It's really gone?" Went a voice behind a metal gurder. "Yeah, it is. I take it you've been evading that thing for some time now? " He said in a kind tone. As he asked that, a little girl with a chain comming from the center of her chest and nodded. "I see. Well, its time for me to send you on your way." At first the girl complained but he explained: "If you keep staying here, those creatures will continue to chase you." The girl nodded and Johnathan but the but of his sword to the child's head and she dissapeared, and in its place was a black swallow-tailed butterfly that flew away (ironicly landing on Chloe's windowseal). Smiling, Jothnathan went home and slept the rest of the night.

She had forgotten to close the window of the living room when she fell asleep, and the breeze seemed to wake her up slightly. As her eyes fluttered open slightly, she turned her glance to the open window and the curtains that blew mildly indoors. Seeing the butterfly, she stood from her spot and walked over to the windowsill, putting a finger nearby it and smiling gently.

"Hello there." She let out a soft giggle as she spoke to it, keeping the finger near it to see if it would take a landing there. She looked out the window as she did so, looking towards the skyline. "It's nice out tonight, isn't it? It's hard to believe there was such a sudden breeze...I guess mother nature wanted to wake me up to greet you, huh?" Smiling lightly still, she turned back to the butterfly. "I've never seen a butterfly like you before...I should find out what kind of food is good for you and make something for you, shouldn't I? It's a shame the library isn't open...I wonder if I know anyone that likes butterflies enough to know?" A finger from her other hand moved to her lips- if she could find his phone number, she wondered if Johnathan would know.

The butterfly simply flew and landed into her hand and let it's wings rest for a moment. Normally, butterflies wouldn't be out this late at night for they liked to be out in the day time. However, this butterfly is different for it wasn't a butterfly of this realm. It only showed up when a soul passes on to the afterlife. After staying with the human for a bit, it flapped its wings and flew away into the night, the red patterns on the wings glistened in the moonlight.

Meanwhile, with Johnathan, he relaxed in his bed after a night of hunting (which proved unsuccessful this night.) then sneezed. "Huh. Someone must be talking about me." Shrugging, he went back to sleep.

Watching the butterfly fly away, she smiled weakly. "Bye bye, butterfly." She spoke softly, remembering the time her mother had passed- she had seen a similar butterfly then too, and had felt as if her mother had said a last goodbye that evening. This time too, she had a feeling of warmth from her thoughts, thinking perhaps the butterfly was the same one- though she knew well it likely wasn't, it was a nice thought.

She went to bed and woke the next morning from a warm memory of her mother. She had no work that day, and thus went to the park to see what there was to do, figuring she'd find her way to the library to learn more about the butterfly.

As morning came, he had yawned and relaxed into his bed abit more. It was one of those mornings, y'know when you just want to relax the day away? But he sighed and got ready for the day. As he put on his sweatpants, he thought about something. In all his years of life, he almost forgot the fact that when a soul passes on via konso, a hell butterfly often goes to the ones that said soul has family relations to or kindred spirits. With that though, he thought back on the little girl who he had passed on and realized that she seemed nice. With a warm feeling in his heart, he transformed into his soul reaper form and jumped out of the window.

"Next stop: Eluna Meadow." He mumbled sarcastically as he vanished to his destination, wich happend to be on the outskirts of this very town.

The library had plenty of books on butterflies, but none about the kind she'd seen. It was troublesome, but she knew that the town next to this one, just past the meadow, had a bookstore that specialized in these types of things- one that might even have someone who could tell her about it. So, without much of a thought, she made her way to the meadow. As she was trying to recall the path to the next town, she noticed him. It was a little awkward to her, as she was unsure if others could at that point- but she knew she could, and that was all that mattered. Thus, she decided to call to him, rushing towards him carefully so she wouldn't have to shout.

"Morning, Johnathan! Are you out doing work things today?" She smiled easily. "I'm on my way to the next town to seek out a bookstore that has something about rare butterflies."

"Hm?" He stood up and looked over his shoulder to see her rushing to him. 'Well, its a good thing that I hid the mansion within a hidden sealing array. Who knows what would happen otherwise.' Which was a rather good thing. This would be a story with a massive list of explinations that he didn't really feel like giving out. "Well you can say that. It was just some personal business." He said as he turned around. However, when she said something about rare butterflies, it almost caught him for a loop. He had seen his own share of rare butterflies but for her to find one was something within itself.

"Sorry if I'm interrupting your personal business then." She smiled easily, not phased by him much otherwise until she noticed he'd seemed a bit surprised by hher note abou the butterfly. "Ah...Do you perhaps like butterflies? There was a really interesting one that came to play last night at my windowsill. It looked sort of like a swallowtail, but it was more black. It was really pretty and friendly though. It went home soon after though...But it's rare to see them at night, right? So it must be a rare kind, I figure! I want to make a snack for it in case it comes to play again sometime."

"No, its good besides I was just about done. What's up?" He listened to her go on about the butterfly and sort of realized which one she had seen. Smiling, he kept it to himself. "It's rare to see one of those at all. Mostly they seem to come along when someone dies or so an old book I had said. It also says that it seems to go to kindred spirits and those who had family relations with the deceased. It's very rare, then again, I saw one once that is otherworldly rare a long time back." He said while putting a hand on his chin to see if he can remember.

"So it comes when someone dies, and tends to be attracted to 'kindred spirits' or people who had a family relation to the one who died that drew it near..." She thought it over- she didn't have any family left that she knew of, besides her brother who she'd talked to begrudgingly that morning for two seconds. She hadn't met her father, and so unless it was a more distant relative, she wasn't sure. Thus, her bet was on 'kindred spirit', if she could figure out what it meant. "I hope I can make something it'll like...But if it's attracted to someone's death, then I guess it might not come tonight, huh?"

"Nah. probably not." He smiled. It wasn't everyday that a stranded soul would seek out a human who had the same heart as them. When he had sent that spirit on it's way, the hell butterfly must've went to Chole due to that soul being the kindest he meet in a very long time. With that thought in mind, he reverted back to his giggai form. "Shall we head to that library?" He asked. As he wanted to take not even a single step forward, he sensed some murderous intent directed at him. Stopping, he looked around and made the note that they should get moving...and fast.