Soul Manifestors OOC & Characters

Laukai is... I'm not entirely sure. But I can see him trying to be the peacemaker, the mediator. Keeping this group together no matter the hardship. If for no other reason than he's basically lost two families in his life, and this small group is all he has left

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
Altan well, strange as it may seem I can see her exhibit a lot of leadership, as easy as it is to think of her as a little kid, but she isn't inexperienced or anything like that, she just has a different set of values than others. Makes it so that she can see things from a different perspective and come up with solutions unbounded by the conventions of society (a la some weird combo of Forrest Gump and Demolition Man).

Hm, Märchen's role...I think he'd be super friendly and just want everyone to get along? He's definitely going to be there for other people if they have other issues, he loves helping people and is quite understanding! He'll be there as the shoulder to cry on and the protector, saving everyone in need to the point he is neglecting his own needs. ...Which...is not good. |D As for his role, uh...just...helping? Um, not exactly leading, he isn't sure if he could lead well, but he does love to help and save! And also he'll be a bit on the poking friendly side, just poking at people to make them mad at him and then they can laugh about it afterwards. He honestly loves that and if he's the butt of people's jokes so be it. Honestly he himself was pretty traumatized by his past but he would try to hide it...but he does need his hugs and comfort. He just...doesn't know how to open up without people screaming and saying he should be saved...too much babying and he's a screeching ball of fluff from hell. xD Uh, dunno if I'm rambling. Seriously though Märchen hooooo he just wants to help people and his role in the group would be all over the place, just flitting to one thing or another just to help. He'll feel guilty if he does end up neglecting a person and would physically go to them but if he can't...he's praying. For forgiveness. |D Also like he can be a good teacher if he wants to! Showing people what he's learned and relaying stories to help learn through those, be it his own life at some points, things he's learned, fictional stories, anything really! Whatever teaching style is needed to help someone learn, he does it! So yeah, teacher, protector, listener, advisor, uh...man...idk XD

Hmm... what I had in mind for my character's role has already been accounted for, so. I don't know now. 🤐

Hmm... what I had in mind for my character's role has already been accounted for, so. I don't know now. 🤐
Was it me? Honestly there's no reason that they can't both be mediators or something if it was. Fast friends binding all together!

Was it me? Honestly there's no reason that they can't both be mediators or something if it was. Fast friends binding all together!

Oh no, it was a bit of a combination of a couple. Anders is the protective older brother type because he is the eldest of his siblings and was raised to become the head of a house, so he carries a lot of that responsibility on his shoulders and feels responsible for other people. The reason I chose a shield as his soul weapon was because I envisioned him as being a "guardian/protector" type.

@Jageroux there could be some friendly rivalry/competition here with both feeling responsible for the others. Another option is bonding over their shared values. I guess it depends on their personalities and how they interact. Thoughts?

I also had a funny idea where, because he is such a handsome fellow and rather charismatic, he is a bit of a ladies fellow, however; he doesn't want to be a ladies fellow, he is a bit nervous what happened to his fiancee will happen to someone else too.

Last edited:
Oh no, it was a bit of a combination of a couple. Anders is the protective older brother type because he is the eldest of his siblings and was raised to become the head of a house, so he carries a lot of that responsibility on his shoulders and feels responsible for other people. The reason I chose a shield as his soul weapon was because I envisioned him as being a "guardian/protector" type.

@Jageroux there could be some friendly rivalry/competition here with both feeling responsible for the others. Another option is bonding over their shared values. I guess it depends on their personalities and how they interact. Thoughts?

I also had a funny idea where, because he is such a handsome fellow and rather charismatic, he is a bit of a ladies fellow, however; he doesn't want to be a ladies fellow, he is a bit nervous what happened to his fiancee will happen to someone else too.
I could see something like that. I feel like Gaius is probably a lot more of a hardass/stern than Anders -- to the point some could probably argue he can be a bit uptight -- which could probably lead to him sort of clashing with Anders from time to time. Because even though their interests of taking care of the others align, there's the issue of they go about it in different ways. Gaius is 100% the type to be like, "I'm trying to help you/keep you safe, but if you keep this up I'll break your legs and drag you to safety so help me." while I feel like Anders wouldn't go THAT far LMAO All in all, I feel like they'd get along but definitely have moments where they'd just... Not mesh at all.

That and Gaius has mastered the art of the bitch face, both resting and active.

I could see something like that. I feel like Gaius is probably a lot more of a hardass/stern than Anders -- to the point some could probably argue he can be a bit uptight -- which could probably lead to him sort of clashing with Anders from time to time. Because even though their interests of taking care of the others align, there's the issue of they go about it in different ways. Gaius is 100% the type to be like, "I'm trying to help you/keep you safe, but if you keep this up I'll break your legs and drag you to safety so help me." while I feel like Anders wouldn't go THAT far LMAO All in all, I feel like they'd get along but definitely have moments where they'd just... Not mesh at all.

That and Gaius has mastered the art of the bitch face, both resting and active.

Oh you're absolutely right, my character would not go that far! He does believe in hard work though and if someone isn't putting in the effort, he will say something, but not in a hardass/stern way, in a more compassionate and supportive way. I like the idea of points of clashing on how they treat people differently even though they have similar values. It will be interesting for sure.

ALSO. I changed Anders name to Andren. Andren was his original name but when I posted his CS I made it Anders and I don't like it as much.. so back to Andren!

• Bucket of Rainbows
The fact that there's a lot of "protective" types of characters is going to be very interesting since Altan is brought up on the notion of "death is nothing", like a quarter of children from her tribe die every year and everyone just kind of shrugs about it. Basically she has never been protected before in her life, she (and all of her clan) makes it through by sheer sink or swim selection, so someone else trying to protect her would just either confuse or insult her.

Even though she is friendly, cheerful and always want to learn and mix into part of the outside culture, she probably will have points where she will make people insanely uncomfortable with her "weaklings die, no big deal" logic, since her personality can make others easily think she's kind and caring girl archetype but her beliefs are so contrasting it can seem borderline psychopathic.

• Bucket of Rainbows

Honestly you can still be a protector! I am just...what even with Märchen XD But yeah you can still be a protector/shielder/knight/whatever XD Märchen is okay with being a supporter and nothing more. He can only heal at this point and his sword is more for uh...not attacking. More like blocking and parrying perhaps? idk. But yeah go ahead and be a protector!

The fact that there's a lot of "protective" types of characters is going to be very interesting since Altan is brought up on the notion of "death is nothing", like a quarter of children from her tribe die every year and everyone just kind of shrugs about it. Basically she has never been protected before in her life, she (and all of her clan) makes it through by sheer sink or swim selection, so someone else trying to protect her would just either confuse or insult her.

Even though she is friendly, cheerful and always want to learn and mix into part of the outside culture, she probably will have points where she will make people insanely uncomfortable with her "weaklings die, no big deal" logic, since her personality can make others easily think she's kind and caring girl archetype but her beliefs are so contrasting it can seem borderline psychopathic.

OH GOD NO ALTAN? GHSIHGOIDSHGIOHDSG ERGH. Märchen would definitely freak out at that, he honestly views himself as weak...really weak. Just...he can't save anyone, can he? He doesn't view himself in a good light so he just finds that he's a weak person. But weaklings die? God he'd prefer kindness over strength, he rather be a kind person and a weak one at that than a strong person if given the choice. His self esteem is that low but he just wants to help. If he found out about Altan's situation, just...cry. And pray for her. Maybe teach her about why he prays and stuff. Just...cry. He'd be that upset... Especially since she's that friendly and cheerful. "What made you this way? Ah, this kind of life, that horrid thing, I cannot..." And then more praying.

• Bucket of Rainbows
V.Flower.full.1985692.jpg

Character Sheet
Name: Thirra

Home Nation: Mebbun

Aura Color: Red

Soul Name: Blade and Shield of the Unseen

History:
In the country of Mebbun, if you do not have magic you are nothing. No, you are worse than nothing, you are a disappointment. The higher on the tier you are in the country, the more you're expected to do magic. Thirra was a great disappointment.

Thirra had very little skill with magic, finding the constant studying and rune carving tedious and boring. She also at most could only make potions of a decent quality. This, of course, was quietly covered up by her family. Her twin seemed to have inherited all the magical talent, skillfully impressing most of the nobles that her parents were friends with.

The 'lesser' twin was often ignored by the twin's parents. Thirra and Mira soon became inseparable, the two frequently doing alchemy together. When she was sixteen, Thirra manifested her staff for the first time. Unaware that it was actually a martial weapon, she decided that it was now her magic staff.

It was not long after showing it off to their parents that the twins were separated, Thirra having been sent to the monastery recently, and having barely any time to adjust to her new life.

Soul Manifestation Details
Manifestation

Appearance:
dac77cf1f5e10379dd8136f5ec7a13cc.jpg
A simple Bo Staff with metal on each end with a dragon carved on. The staff doesn't look like very much, and Thirra calls it a 'magic staff'. The staff is used to hit things, not for magic, however.

Powers:
Invisible to the naked eye, the spear has blades on either end when wielded by the user. The blades are made of barriers made thin enough to cut as well as any normal blade. The barriers can be manipulated, but in this form the blades will always conserve the mass of the staff, meaning extending one blade will shorten the other. The blades can be made visible through aura, and Thirra has no control as of yet to keep the blades especially well hidden.

Name Manifestation
Appearance:
557444ca6a27c6893b5b9eaeca871b70.png
The staff morphs and gains real blades, which thrum with an unseen power.

Powers:
The manipulation of barriers becomes easier, allowing for Thirra to place them wherever she wishes them to be, but can only maintain one at a time.They cut anyone who dares to touch them, friend or foe. The barriers tend to take on geometric shapes and are not flexible. The bigger the barriers are, the weaker they tend to be.

True Manifestation
Appearance:
latest

Powers:
The staff can now separate and is connected via barriers. However, she still has to have one hand on the weapon in order to manipulate it. The barrier connecting the two portions of the staff is about as sharp as piano wire and can cut as severely as the actual blades. Thirra can use her free hand to make shields freely, but can no longer use them for offense.

@Elusive Thorns

Hey! You were actually supposed to PM me first with your sheet for approval!

There are a few issues tho. First, there's no guns. Second, you forgot the soul name and also the name manifestation broke

Reactions: Jack
@Elusive Thorns

Hey! You were actually supposed to PM me first with your sheet for approval!

There are a few issues tho. First, there's no guns. Second, you forgot the soul name and also the name manifestation broke

ehehehe sorry i got to exited xD yes i shall delete my post in here and send it to you also sorry for the errors ill fix th right away as well ehehehe xD

After getting approved... here's my character! Hi everyone!

pilyeon-191129-2.jpg

Escarlaté Hauesser | 20 | Borar | Female
The Mark of Scarlet
The Inferno of Shame

Escarlaté, better known as 'Scarlete', was to be born in the militant lands of Kelemba, however, fate had other plans. At the time, her would-be father was a member of military and his child was to be groomed to follow in his footsteps. How shocked he was, when the General with dark-toned skin, and charcoal hair was met with a child who's skin was white-as-snow.

As it would turn out, her mother, the Wife, had not remained true to the General. Scarlete's pale-skinned mother had not been true to the ever occupied General. The General was enraged, as one might expect, but kept the fires of his angers contained. However, this anger lead him down the path of having his former wife, and her daughter abducted and lead out of the kingdom under the shroud of night. In, what he considered 'righteous anger', he had them smuggled into the neighboring kingdom of Borar, with the mindset that his former Wife would create a life near the border, then he could track them down, and have them killed in another of their many skirmishes, out of petty spite.

This was not how things played out, however.

The Wife was aware of what his plan may have been, and moved with her daughter deeper into Borar and into what had been 'the enemy' a week ago, The Wife and her daughter were able to start a life in the warrior nation.

And so, it was the warrior nation of Borar that Escarleté Hauesser would call her home, and into it's traditions she was raised, with an understandable disdain for Kelemba. It should be no surprise, that she fully supports the Resistance against them.

Manifestation

Scalete's power Manifests in the form of crimson flames that form a long sword or a cloak.

These flames act as a medium for transferring energy. While manifest as a sword, the flames feed off the anger and rage that power others. If she is attacked in anger, her blade of crimson grows more and more hot. This sword of flames maxes it's ability to harm at cutting as well as a dull sword, and the fire to able to cauterize and lacerations.

When in the form of a shield, the flames feed off of Scarlete's rage for power. The more anger she possesses, the more the shield can withstand. This does not however, compensate for momentum and inertia. The shield can not stop a large object moving quickly. While the shield may not disperse, she would still be swept away.

Name Manifestation
Scarlete is able to use the sword and shield at the same time, and can decided to funnel the shield or swords power into one or the other, doubling the power of either.

True Manifestation
The flames envelope Scarlete, and form the shape of a demon's face around her. She loses herself to rage, and emits a terrible amount of heat. When the shroud of flames is not defending her, the fire can extend out in fiery tendrils to attack her foes in the form blazing typhoons.
vent-hoang-oni-mask3.jpg

• Entry 1: Gaius is a constant reminder of why I am here. From what I understand, he is here to make the forces of Kelemba even more powerful. The Resistance struggles enough, and I am here to turn the tides. I must be better then him - I must best him and I must not let Kelemba have any kind of advantage.

• Entry 1: Märchen is a loud one. He always seems to be singing about peace, and times after war. For the life of me, I could not tell you why. He seems to come around when I make a point to stand alone, and need isolation, and sometimes it gets on my nerves. He means nothing if he cannot be stronger then me; I must always remember that.

• Entry 1: The quiet one; I appreciate that. Like myself, she seems here to improve herself towards whatever cause she seeks. I can respect that.

• Entry 1: This one is a monument, in size and power. I can only strive for the strength she possesses, and I will do what I can to gain her allegiance. An ally great, she would make. An obstacle I may have to overcome, she may become, otherwise. A positive influence to keep growing. The opposite of the Bastard of Kelemba.

• Entry 1: Negligent and undisciplined. This air head leaves the Monastery at her own leisure, and doesn't seem to have any commitment to training. I'm not aware of her prowess, or what makes her think she can just gallivant around. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't somewhat envious of her free spirit, but I cannot afford to be so... careless.

• Entry 1: I... I see something about Andren that reminds me of Kelemba, or maybe myself. However, there is an ache in his eyes that keeps him from achieving his true power. How foolish he is, to let his past burden him so. He could be a decent man if he wasn't so shackled by tragedy. I can't imagine such a glaring weakness.

• Entry 1: A newcomer to the Monastery. I have yet to seen what they are made of.

• Entry 1: Much like The Shield, he holds a pain in him, and it seems to hold him back. I haven't learned much about this one, and I will make no effort to. I'm afraid he'll be much like the Shield.

Last edited by a moderator:
Name: Kayne Valoran
Home Nation: Nomad Tribes
Aura Color: Royal Blue
Soul Name:
Virtuso

Appearance:

images (2).jpeg

cloths:

images (3).jpeg

History: without a family, without a home, witout a life, kayne wonder around the lands of other clans to earn little amount of money by creating a show to the little kids thrpugh his arts. the story are from his adventures and some of the performance were the once he watch from theaters. his favorite arts to show the kids was a young girl who burried herself on the mudded ground in orther to escape the guards or even a man who fight through a great war with only having a one arm. he earn about 300 silver coins from the little kids through the whole day. deep inside his heart he was happy. those childrens smiles were the only thing that keeps him happy those kids smiled were the once he wish he have when he was a child

kayne has no memory of what happen to him when his family was still alive. but the Nomad Tribes said that they died protecting him and also the reason why he had a scar on his face most specialy grom that incident he earned a large brush but no knowledhe to how it got jnto his possession. Sadden from his parents lost he wore a mask. swearing never to look over such a demised past as he set kn foot on surviving for himself

one day while preparing a show a man tried to rob his money. Kayne tried to fight them off with might but was stopped on when the robberer pulled out a sword, and with a strike the blade on his direction. he closed his eyes.

but.

there was no blood.

there was no whimpering pain.

but there is only a hand. a hand that sprouting out of a painting that Kayne maid for a new show he wanted to make them watch. gripping onto the blade of the sword the robberers was shock to see thinking that they had too much to drink that theu fled in fear. unknown to him someone was watching by the distance amd recognizing the power the man wayching kayne Explained that he is a Manifestor and the man would gladly take kayne to Manifestor Monastery. but since kayne has lack of knowledge he tried to deny the offer. but the man insisted him to try it out.

right now Kayne is trying his best to follow up with the teachings in the Manifestor Monastery and because he didnt want to shame the person who take him there he tried to self tought himself on writing and reading using the story books that the man offered him incase he gets bored. butnin time he sarted to realize the potential he has and the only question remains. once he finish in the Manifestor Monastery would he face his dark past once more?

Manifestation

Appearance:

Fate-Grand-Order-FGO-Katsushika-Hokusai-Octopus-Writing-Brush-Cosplay-Props-1.jpg

Powers: this brush isnt just a normal looking brush. It can create paintings into a puppet. that can moved and follow its painters will at any cause

Appearance:

b42bebcd66ff7fe9a490ba9d3d095e03.jpg

Powers: not only does Kayne control paintings as puppets but now he can also create portals through portraits and also create an illusion that will be hard for the target to know if what is true or what is false

True Manifestation

Appearance:

images (4).jpeg

Powers: with this Brush Kayne is able to turn his painting into reality. he could either paint someones replica with a voice that can mimic the same tone as the person or Creatures he paints. some of the paintings that he work could also have life on its own but not permanently and the most danger of his brush is painting his target. once he harm the painting of that subject the living subject would have the same pain as well"

Last edited:
@Azurewinter just wanted to say, really enjoyed reading your intro post! Also I immediately enjoy your character! In my head I say her name with an overly emphasized "latte" at the end xD even though I know that's not it.

Looking forward to seeing how everyone's characters start to interact! I love seeing who gets along with who and why someone rubs someone else the wrong way.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Azurewinter
  • Bucket of Rainbows