Soul Manifestors OOC & Characters

Name: Märchen
Home Nation: Hertsei
Aura Color: White
Soul Name:
Song of Candor

Appearance:

Märchen's appearance is comely in his opinion, nothing to really look at, just plain. ...If he can get past some features he hates with his entire being. His gray hair, long and tied up into a small ponytail while keeping some of it out since it's...kinda nice to look at but it doesn't erase the hair color..., his red eyes, the color of drying blood, his tanned skin, almost like mud...also how thin he is, almost like a skeleton in his opinion. His appearance, constantly pointed out, and he hated it...so in the end he can't look past that and just sees an ugly version of him...perhaps if someone pointed out how pretty he can look he'll be fine. His clothes are okay now, a suit of dark gray with lighter gray stripes, a red scarf that keeps his neck warm and hidden, gloves to hide his hands if he can help it, though unfortunately not when he plays...a large cross on his person because "I'm going to mess with people. I want them to think I'm that devout at times. But my God I have fallen ahahaha," a red sash to tie the cross onto him, and brown loafers. Underneath his suit is a white shirt, a dress shirt usually, though sometimes he does like to wear other things...just the suit is comfortable to him and hides his body better than what he had before. But yes, clothes are nice...but not his appearance...

Personality:
"Someone less than the regular person, a monster, a cruel being, a heartless thing...ahahaha, I am all that and more. The good, the bad...ah, how I want to see my good! It's so hard...it's so hard...help me..."

Märchen's self esteem is pretty much nonexistent a lot of the times, being constantly put down until he couldn't see anything good about himself, even if he tries very hard. He can do it...he just feels a bit better with encouragement...and honestly he's not sure of his own strength. Is he that strong? To survive all that? Is he that kind? To help others? Is he that caring? To stay by people's side even though he cannot stay with them long? Curious, pondering, smart, helpful, loving, is he all that? He constantly wonders and dreams of being a kind person and a good soul, but he's long since learned he is not that. Cruel, heartless, cowardly, evil...that was all he was taught. And he's not sure what he is at times...so he just tries not to think about it if he can help it. ...Unless hammered hard then he curls up into a ball and just imagines a better life...something that torments him so bad that he can't help but feel his heart break, the one emotion he thinks he can feel...but again he's not sure. What even is he, at this point? And were they right? ...Or was his own judgment of him right?

"Kind, loving, smart, cruel, biting, cowardly...me...all of me...ahahaha...what am I...?"

History: A child forgotten, no one remembered. Hiding, hidden, yet even now he works day and night and sings day and night, plays day and night and entertains day and night for the people around him. Hidden, out of sight, just staring out the window and wondering if life will change or if everything was worth it. Working until he was exhausted and collapsing. Singing until his voice died. Playing until no one could stand it anymore and he was left hurting once more. He wondered this, day and night, dreaming of happiness and love only to wake up to the next day of monotony and God knows what else. Can he leave? Even now? He was tired, so tired every day, just let him be and create music that was wonderful and made people love him rather hated…

A boy, around his age, approached him in the garden one day as he was tending with bleeding hands and held out his hand gently. So warm and kind, yet rough and full of power. He wanted to hold it forever. Snuck out, every day, just for some semblance of happiness, and he wanted more every day just to feel better. He didn’t want to think about what went on behind closed doors, or how much it was hurting him every day. The small moments of happiness, let him cherish it! The more time he spent, the more time he wanted for himself that was just the pure bliss rather than what he had to face. Work, sing, play, entertain until he collapsed, can he escape? Truly?

The boy took him away and he ran as far away as he could, away from the family and life he had known. Yet, a woman...she wanted to follow them. The boy did not want that. She screamed, lashed out, the next thing he knew, he made a weapon to save the boy as he created runes of magic to repel her. She screamed and attacked him and yet… He could not remember but he was back home, aching and hurting once more. ...Then, he was approached, while tending to the garden. Magic users, they approached him as he was nearly dead from what had happened and everything crashing upon him and when he could not speak properly to answer their inquiries, they took him away, far away from home. He’s been with them ever since.

...He never truly did have a name before all this. While traveling with them, he thought long and hard about his own name, something to call him for once. Something nice...and something he liked. He remembered hearing stories from the boy that warmed and fed his heart, filled him with imagination and songs that he wanted to convey. ...A story...Märchen… Yes, Märchen, it was a fitting name for him. He quite liked that...rather than the name others tried to force on him. Märchen...he’ll be known as Märchen from now on and he’ll create wonderful stories through his songs...just like the day he met him...

Soul Manifestation Details
Manifestation
Appearance:
A thin longsword and music note runes.
Powers: Small music note runes float around and do not attack, mainly heal with the song. Cannot supplement with voice.

Name Manifestation
Appearance:
Guitar strings grow on the longsword and can now be used as a guitar to channel magical power via soul.
Powers: The runes grow more powerful and can now attack a person, not just heal. They grow in size, about the size of half of his body, and can float around still. As for the guitar sword, it can be used as an instrument to channel his soul’s magic and make the runes coordinate as well as buff them or make them hit their target faster. Unfortunately even then, his voice can not supplement the attacks.

True Manifestation
Appearance:
A bit like a knight in shining armor, the armor he gains is shining white and looks almost like a standard medieval knight, though there is no headpiece, only a mask which is rather ornate and covering the eyes, though he can see out of it. Like the armor, it shines white. Also, the ribbon for his hair he gains is also white in color, but is long and reaches to the middle of his back. He still wields his “guitar sword” as he calls it, now white as well and shining like a holy light with the strings glowing.
Powers: The runes of magic can now encompass all sorts of voices and instruments, spreading out in small individual runes. For large scale attacks full of power, he uses his own voice while playing his guitar sword to lash out. These runes can heal or attack, also communicating with people to convey his feelings or any other emotion.

Laukai Kenkuri

"An honest soul, a simple life, kind, loving, ah, how I wish that were me. Let me sing for you a song to help you work, and perhaps one that will encourage you to be brave. Good little bird, to fly about so readily and help, ah, how I wish I was like that!"

Märchen really likes Laukai! Honest and hardworking, one that is very much an innocent person. While he feels a bit old at times, with a loss of innocence, he appreciates Laukai's innocence and wants to help him come out of his shell and perhaps one day be braver. He's kinda cute, but he just wants to help him be a better person, encouraging him to grow and become loving, and perhaps a bit stronger and less timid. He sings of him working hard, in the fields or near the ocean, and he sings to give him strength when he feels down. Much like everyone else, he sings to him in his sleep of love but will not stroke his hair. It would probably embarrass him.

Gaius Carmine Rainier
"Working to fight, you keep fighting, are you alright? Let my songs encourage you in battle and let them comfort you in your sleep."

Honestly Märchen is a bit worried about Gaius. Being raised to fight all his life without respite, won't you get tired? He knows that being raised to be nothing more than a soldier must be pain...surely he had been brought up the same at one point. Force to kill...or not? In a way, he sees himself in him, though for Gaius' case it's just fighting perhaps. For Märchen...it is everything. So to help Gaius along he sings battle songs for him to dance to the beat whilst he fights and in his sleep he sings songs of love to comfort him. He's tempted to stroke his hair but won't since that's weird and he won't accept it.

Ilaryll Anarore

"Hahaha, a fighter! How interesting! Brash, brave, you are all I am not and you are all that I wish to be. ...I wish I was braver with some things, and I only have my music...my songs...ahahaha, well, I can encourage you all I want! Still, someone with a happy life, an artist, a scholar, ah, how I wish I learned as a child! Learning is fun, do you appreciate it? If not, I'm going to have to hit you~ Let me sing you a song to help you keep your temper, as well as give you strength when you are feeling down! And I will sing you a song to show you are not a monster...like I..."

Märchen is sure that Ilaryll is a good person! Maybe a bit fiery and hot tempered where he flinches at her rage, but he can handle it. He thinks. In any case, he knows she's kind, deep down, or perhaps that's a childish belief, he doesn't know. He just knows that she's a good person despite the fact she might have killed someone to protect. Killing...how terrifying...yet he wants her to be happy and just be herself. He would love to poke at her about things, just do some lighthearted japes that can get her to be having fun in the angry way, in order to laugh about it later. He'll give her encouragement with her songs in battle as well as comforting songs explaining how even the darkness can be a guiding light. As with everyone, he sings songs of love while they sleep, though he wishes to stroke her hair, he cannot, knowing she will scream in rage...and he will be hurt again...

Dael'liska Noskanthra deLouve

"Your soul, your heart, you are injured yet you keep going forward. Ahahaha, how familiar...but I know you are strong. How brave, how kind, I can see you protecting everyone, ah, how wonderful! I wish I knew your strength, but even then, you are kind...I'm sure. Despite shielding yourself from others. ...I wish I could talk to others easier, I feel I am too shy... But it's alright, may we know each other somehow? Perhaps...my songs...ah! A healing song, one of adventure? Or perhaps one where it will show your kindness and bravery? No no, not a ballad to your name, but one that will be a reflection of you and I...the person I want to be and the person you are...may I?"

"...You dance with me. You dance, you dance so wonderfully. You...who dances so wonderfully, while I play my songs, my violin, my heart...you dance, you dance, oh, how admirable! You dance...I want to dance again. I...I... ...I...can't...But...if...you can...help me...may we dance...together...? Only with my songs and violin, my swaying with the movement...very well, I will dance with you. But...please...I am...not...a good...dancer...I want food..."

Märchen is a bit worried about Daeli honestly. She's hiding something, he's not sure what, but she is quite strong in his opinion! And much braver than him, he feels as though he can't amount to her strength that she holds, her commanding presence and her posture of confidence. Yet, her sadness...he can see it, to a degree. He wants to help her, so he would try to be a bit near her and sing songs to fill her soul, ones where they encourage and show her love. And he would sing of love in her sleep, wanting to stroke her hair but not in case she would be a grump about it. ...Perhaps he is a bit too bold in helping her, he's not sure. But he'll sing of love in her sleep, making sure she is loved where he cannot be... The fact she dances to his music flatters him a lot. He loves the fact she's dancing to his music...it makes him feel...a bit loved honestly. Just a bit, not too much, but it's enough in that moment. The fact she can possibly heal him with her own dancing...he clings to that hope and so dances with her as he sings or plays the violin. One of the few things he still has with him, hidden...he will take it to heart, he's sure.

Nergüi Altan Nüd

"No, no, no, just a child, just a child, and yet you-? I can't, I can't, my heart bleeds, your heart is dying, I can't, I can't, let me sing for you songs of hope and love, of strength in simple things other than kill or be killed. To live such a life...ah...how terrifying...I am glad I lived my life in one regard...despite...the pain...ahahaha, I am fine! But let me heal you, child, even if we are close in age. ...I feel so old and tired at times but you...let me heal you..."

Honestly Altan terrifies Märchen, not because of the fact her abilities can easily kill, but because of the fact that an innocent child like her suffered that much. Kill or be killed? That's no way to live...and he wants her to be an innocent child and be happy. Her way of life...yes, cheery, but the fact she doesn't bat an eye to death and the fact she doesn't care about her own death...he wants her to live. He wants her to experience life and be happy. So he sings of life without the killing and without the lack of love, he views, times where people are happy and just living simply and his songs consist of things no one notices for her. The shine of dewdrops on leaves as the morning sun rises, the shimmer of a cloth when held up in the sunlight, the cool wind playing with hair and caressing a cheek as if it were a kind touch...how nice... He sings of that and more in hopes of teaching her that there is such a thing as simple happiness and goodness in the world...not something to learn and to expect to be killed for. ...He feels as though she needs the love of his songs the most, and this time, he will willingly go and stroke her hair as he croons out the song, eyes dull and body hurting as he craves the love he is giving.

Andren Coenberht

"A shielder, a protector, one who will do anything to help the people, and yet you are burdened by something. I am not sure what...but you are sad. I can see that. You do not look at people with bright eyes...ah...perhaps you've been hurt? Or lost something? Things taken away...ahahaha, I know that. It's painful...so painful...but you can heal from it, I'm sure. I have, somehow, but you yourself need healing. Let me sing songs to encourage you protecting the ones you love, let me show you evil that can be turned into good. And let me sing songs that will remind you of the past...if I can. ...A noble? So maybe...hm, not sure, I cannot think of whatever is hurting you. Well, I'll just sing then."

Märchen quite likes Andren and will go to him for protection. He really is a good knight, someone noble and kind, chivalrous and loving where he cannot be at times. He wants to be protected by him, so he would often cling to him and act like a sobbing mess. ...He's not sure if he can open up about his past to him, though, not yet...maybe he won't get it, considering the different statuses... In any case, please protect him, knight, for he needs it so bad! He will gladly sings songs to help him encourage his fighting and protecting others, songs of chivalry to make him feel stronger and songs of helping others to make him feel better. Like with any other, he sings of love in their sleep, but he does not dare stroke his hair. He's supposed to protect him...so...well, also the fact he might be weirded out so no.

Thirra

"...You...magic...how wonderful, at some points, but how cruel...forced to do it? Forced to work until you collapse? Ahahaha, how familiar...yet you were forced into doing magic where it is not your strength... Surely there is something else you are good at! I am not sure what...but perhaps we can search together? Hm, a song...one that will show you the way? Occupational songs...oooh, this will be fun! And perhaps ones where it can show the whimsical side of magic...as much as I feel you would hate it. ...Would you? I am not sure...but let me try. And let me make you feel loved for who you are...please...you need it like I...desperately...crave...ahahaha..."

Märchen wants to help Thirra find herself! A bit more bolder, and more friendly, swallowing his fear so that he can be an older brother figure to her. Perhaps if he just acts friendly and kind, a bit of a protector, then maybe she will find happiness? He constantly wonders if she's starved of love and cannot help but worry. Most of his songs for her concern the fun and good about other occupations, a fisherman, a farmer, a servant, a cook, the cook one he particularly likes but singing of food hurts him so not too much. What other occupations? Scholar, mercenary, blacksmith, priest, the priest one he also likes and hopes she can resonate with it...but he is not sure. He will gladly sing these songs to help her find her way, as well as ones where she doesn't have to be so serious in magic. The whimsical aspect of magic, he's studied it but he is not sure how to implement it at times due to being a Manifestor. In any case, he will also sing of love, while she's awake and while she's asleep, willingly stroking her hair to make her feel better. And hopefully she will, will his songs reach in her sleep? He isn't sure...

Escarlaté Hauesser

"You are so strong and brave, to be a part of such a Resistance...I cannot. I am not brave enough, I feel...but to fight against injustice, ah, how wonderful! I bet it's fun...I want to imagine that and think about freeing the people, like slaves and the oppressed poor. It must be fun to fight...and terrifying. I wonder, are you happy with that constant fighting? Or do you need a break? Let me sing of freedom and happiness, of love and life as people seek peace hand in hand. And let me make sure you are happy, okay? You look like you need it..."

Märchen views her as cool. So. So. Cool. As much as he is reserved in his speech at times, he can't help but inwardly fanboy over her. Just...a Resistance member? And the fact she is that much of a fighter and that much of a kind person? GOD TAKE HIM NOW. In any case, he really does want to be her friend but he's unsure how to approach at times... In any case, he'll just slide on over to her sneakily and just hit her with random songs concerning freedom in order to make her happy. ...If he scares her and she screams before lashing out, so be it. Besides they're good songs, right? ...Right? He hopes so, but he cannot help but fear. Still, songs of peace, songs of freedom, this will keep her going and feed her heart, right? As with everyone, he sings of love in her sleep, though he is a bit hesitant to stroke her hair without her permission. ...Ah, screw it, he'll do it, he likes her that much and she's hot.

Kayne Valoran

"You wander, you wander, a painter, how lovely, yet you wander, you wander, without love, without light. Ah, my heart, it's hurting so much, I feel so hungry... Your hunger, though, are you alright? I want to hold you, I want to help you, make you feel loved like I've never been loved before...but I cannot, knowing you might be weirded out. So, let me sing songs to help your arts, help you paint and create, perform and sing, let's bring out that creativity, no? And let me sing of love, let me sing to heal your heart...ah...it's starving, it's starving, let me feed it, ahahaha, I don't need it, no, but you do. You do, so let me...help...I'm starving..."

Märchen is a bit scared for Kayne. Clearly he was alone a lot and never knew what love was...much like him...but he wants him to feel some kind of love. He'll do a lot of things to make him feel it, just be friendly, poking, making him laugh and angry and it's okay to hurt him he can take it but he wants Kayne to be that happy. So please...let him be friendly and pretend he's not extremely worried for his well being. He sings songs to encourage him to create and show others, to entertain and to help him be happy. Just creative songs, with good beats, perhaps something to jolt to make him think, he's not sure. But will certainly sing songs of love...but only in his sleep, since he might not register it when awake. ...He wants to hold him tight in his sleep but he's unsure if he can or is allowed too...unlike some of the others, his loneliness... Well, perhaps he can stroke his hair? But he isn't sure...God he wants to help but he's not entirely sure how...so let him sing until he dies...just let him sing...

Markus Stone

"Earth and stone, ground and staff, you're quite interesting. To not learn, to not care for the other parts of the world, to remain at home? ...You are strange, I must admit. I do not know what that is like, my heart yearns to explore and see new things. For so long I've dreamt of an escape...and eventually it was granted, ahahaha! It was wonderful to me...and I'm so glad I made new friends and forged a new family...how about we become like brothers? Let me sing of a song to entice you to learn more about the outside world! But something close to home...perhaps you are curious about how a baker works? Or maybe a tailor, sewing clothes? And then, gradually, branching out, ever so slightly...branching out...pffft. Well then. I will certainly let your shepherd's crook made of wood branch out, ahahaha!"

Märchen quite likes Markus! Definitely someone who grounds and pulls people together without realizing, his amiable personality is something he admires a great deal. ...He doesn't get why doesn't want to learn anything though. And...him not wanting to read...what even. He likes reading himself but to see someone that willfully ignorant...um...no? Well, he won't voice how uncomfortable he is but he would definitely still want to befriend and become his brother to him! ...And honestly...farm life is interesting, what is that? Hardworking, like a servant? Not that he minds that role, but...farm life. Animals. Taking care of animals and tending to sheep and just watching over them and being happy with the sheep GOD THAT SOUNDS NICE. Honestly he wants Markus to learn, so he sings songs of some things close to home before gradually expanding, that is his plan. Just songs that deal with village life, or so he thinks, before going to the forests nearby or even the plains where the sheep graze. In any case, he hopes he learns something! He sings of love in his sleep like with the others...but since he's a bit like a brother...a manly one...would it be even right to stroke his hair? He's not sure. Well, he won't just in case.

Sapphire Hane

"A seafarer and a noble, you are quite noble indeed! Saving people and following your father's creed, I can admire that! Ahahaha, you really are strange, tough yet kind, reaching out yet not, already you want to help, but by the power of the ocean and the salt air. To sail, I want to know what it's like, truly. Only in my mind, and my mind can be quite vivid...in any case, what song would you like? A sea shanty, to remind you of home? Or perhaps a song to encourage your bravado and rally your men? A song to bring courage or a song of home...hm, I do not know. I can sing both, I do not mind."

Märchen is a bit curious about Sapphire and her background. What was the sea like? What was sailing like? He doesn't voice it, but he often dreams of being a pirate, one that is kind and noble like her, so of course he's going to be interested in her. He doesn't mind playing around with her and joking, despite the fact he does not take to alcohol, he rather not. In fact, he would love to banter with her, using the lingo if he can remember what he's learned and perhaps just coming off with ocean puns or something. He has no idea. Honestly he wants to make her feel at home so he'll gladly sing of the sea, he loves sea shanties himself despite some of them having gross feelings when he sings. And he can also sing to her of courage in battle and rallying people like the captain she is...or he assumes she's like a captain. She holds herself that high it seems. He sings of love in her sleep like with the others but does not dare stroke her hair. ...He rather not mess up the captain's hair. And also...just...captain. He knows he would be low on the rank of pirate.

Last edited:
  • Spicy
Reactions: Azurewinter
@chaosheart13

Technically you're supposed to PM me the sheet before posting but I do know I forgot and edited it in later, so ye.

I like him tho! Not sure I fully understand everything though.

@chaosheart13

Technically you're supposed to PM me the sheet before posting but I do know I forgot and edited it in later, so ye.

WHOOPS. SORRY. Uh...Should I delete and then repost once you fully accept and stuff?

@chaosheart13

WHOOPS. SORRY. Uh...Should I delete and then repost once you fully accept and stuff?
Nope nope! Everything mechanical looks good! I'm just confused on some things. Like is he mute?

Oh, no he's not! He can speak, just...um...some words tend to be a bit simple in his mind? He kinda curses himself for it. :'D Thanks for letting me know!

Hmm, three sword wielders and two of them Kalemban. Maybe I should change up my sheet a little for variation's sake. The manifestation might work better with a more rogueish character anyway.

I gots the poking stick

So yeah, as soon as @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf okays it, I'll post my redone character. I like this one better.

And here 'tis.

Character Sheet
Name: Ilaryll Anarore
Home Nation: Cholsuri Alliance
Aura Color: Violet
Ghost Dancer

a202c0a33cc76b0c8e04e4a4c3cdbc4a.jpg

History: Ilaryll hails from the city of Temet in the Cholsuri Alliance, the daughter of a scholar and an artist. Her family struggled to stay decently middle-class, but she had a happy enough childhood and never wanted for the necessities of life. Despite their difficulties, she was brought up to be proud of who she was and where she had come from; which was just as well, for she was blessed with a keen intellect and a fiery temper. She grew up a difficult child but a well-loved one, and combined the talents of her parents with a predilection for getting into places she wasn't meant to be.
Ilaryll became an awkward and spiky youth, mercurial of temperament, who gave as good as she got with a cutting tongue and her ready fist. This all came to a head one day when she was dodging her lessons to filch treats from the street market. A band of mercenaries was in town, and she caught the eye of one of these degenerates. The man attempted to assault her, but Ilaryll's soul weapon manifested, and before he knew it he was choking on a foul violet smoke and the blood running down his throat.
Ilaryll's parents were appalled at what had happened, but also secretly relieved and even a little proud that their girl had come out of the encounter unharmed. They taught her all they knew about Manifestation, and revealed the secret they'd kept for many years - they too were Manifestors, who had hidden their identities in order to lead quiet, peaceful lives. But now that their daughter had also come into her legacy, it was time to leave. They sold up and moved as a family to Hertsei, where they could be close to Ilaryll as she went to train at the Monastery.

Manifestation

Appearance: A violet haze that clings to Ilaryll like a fog, seeping from the hilt of a dagger.
Powers: Obscures Ilaryll's motions, making her hard to hit; at higher concentrations can affect her enemies' breathing, making them dizzy and disrupting their concentration and focus.

Name Manifestation
Appearance: The haze thickens, pouring from the hilt of a dagger as elegant as it is wickedly effective.
Powers: Ilaryll can summon a thick, blinding fog that can hide an entire party, but which she can see through without hindrance. At will, the fog can become a toxic, irritating poison cloud, a soporific one that makes foes drowsy and sluggish, or a dense neutral cloud that is unbreatheable and puts out small fires.

True Manifestation
Appearance: The fog becomes almost solid, coalescing around Ilaryll's body like a cloak that turns away blade and claw.
Powers: Ilaryll can wrap the cloak of fog about herself, disappearing entirely from view and reappearing in a billow of fog elsewhere. This fog can be lethally toxic, anaesthetic, or simply asphyxiating.

Last edited:
Hey~hey~^^!!

This is Daeli!! :3333

<~~>

Dael'liska Noskanthra deLouve
Of the Southern Nomadic Tribes
(The Liska Hunters)

sexy-Daelicrop.jpg

| Daeli | Girl | 20 | 6'5" | 230lbs | Aura - Sky Blue |

Soul Name: The Tempest Within

<~~>​
#4da6ff

• ~Appearance: The Hunter

Big and imposing, icy-blue eyed, sandy blonde-headed girl born with pale skin. Yet nowadays her skin is weathered, and, more often than not, golden and sun-kissed. Taller than most Nomadic men. Long, powerful legs for running, sturdy frame for endurance, muscles to spare. Expression will change like shifting winds. One moment, kindly smiling face when at rest, next is a scowling and clenched and anxious jaw. Slowly she turns boisterous and joyful then suddenly; grumbly and grumpy. Then without warning she is Dead Calm and taking that killing shot.

Usually seen wearing a headband, of which she has numerous and various types and styles. And even though she ties her hair up when necessary, she loves to have it free, wild and flowing. Whereas others would love to wear custom/forged jewellry, Daeli loves to adorn herself with curious natural bits and baubles that were 'given to her by nature.' Likes to show off her muscles, scars, and ritual markings so Daeli will wear revealing tops and outfits when given opportunity.

• ~Notable Possessions:
      • Horn of the Elisabezas - Simple, yet shiny and elegant hollowed out Galzan Grazer Horn that sounds out a unique baying note when used. A gift from Ranger Bellady.​
      • Skull-faced Mask - Battle scarred mask from the severed head of an Assassin that attacked the Monastery. A reminder of her failure.​
      • Stone Brick - a small chunk of the stone that made up the Monastery. She took this from the burning rubble near Veerdantes's body.​

<~~>​

• ~History: The Warrior-Princess.

The child was born with the Mark of the Tempest on her skull. Just off centre to the left and well beyond her hairline was the Mark. Many in her proud, Nomadic tribe held on to the hope that this Marked newborn would lead the hunters of the Southern Lands to prosperity. But there were even many more than that that feared such a Mark and would rather see ill come to the babe; even death. But cooler heads prevailed and Dael'liska was raised as one of their own and accepted into the tribes early rituals and rites of passage.

Daeli, as she was known, filled out into a large and imposing lass by the time she was 13 and well upon her way to becoming a cherished hunter and prized leader-to-be. But such hopes were put to rest upon the near completion of her Hunter Breaking Ritual. It was that day she killed three of her peers.

The lightning storm that Manifested itself within her broke free from her even after years upon years of suppressing her true self. The bow was formed, and the youth screamed, back arched in full, as she shot that arrow. It was made of pure crackling, white hot lightning as it flew straight up into the air. A single silent bright flash. Thunder shook the earth less than a heartbeat later. The skies darkened, clouds churned and winds picked up great in speed. Rain fell soon thereafter. Thunder boomed away. And the storms of the Tempest came to her, shrouding the surrounding Wildlands in dark, heavy shadows.

Daeli blanked out, but when all was said and done, eye-witnesses stated that the teen girl had brought down lightning upon her kind; her hunters fellowship. There were 3 that were claimed to have been obliterated by lightning, all remains lost in the tumultuous raging stormsurge that followed Daeli.

She was cast out of her tribe, humiliated and shamed. The young teen's life was forfeit to the whims and wants of the hostile Southern Wilds. Alone and with nothing but the clothes on her back she was to be judged by Nature's harsh words and actions. But beyond all belief, the girl survived the first year alone with nothing more than knowledge, craft, creativity and sheer power of will... and it also helped that she was physically gifted and a natural hunter; she was a beast of a girl, really.

Then she was found and taken in by the Ranger Bellady of the Elisabeza Woods. The veteran hunter/survivalist had been stalking and watching the girl for the past month. Soon the girl she stalked became wise to the Ranger. And soon enough, the girl managed to track her down; in that moment, Ranger Bellady knew that Dael'liska was now worthy of specialized training.

Again raw talent, unparalleled tenacity and terrific bloodlines proved to be the girl's boon and major benefits as she passed all trials and tests beset upon her by her mentor. Daeli's figure began filling out yet it would not be till she left Bellady's side that her height would increase to that towering and imposing size she wields today.

daeli-Grey.jpg

And so yet again she would have to leave a cherished home. For once more, the suppressed nature of the lightning storm within her-- The Tempest--Manifested and she summoned her bow yet again.

This time, however, none of her brethren was killed unlike that fateful day she and her mates were to become fully-fledged Liska Hunters. They were going to be the ones readied and able to hunt and take down the giant feathered land predators that stalked the same prey as her peoples. She failed them. But not this day. No, this time the bolt of lightning from her bow shot several times and fell a gigantic creature of the Southern Wilds. And so, in shooting dead such a creature, she had saved her mentor, Bellady.

And now, the Ranger knew exactly just what kind of special specimen she had raised. And with much sadness yet with much pride, she gave up her apprentice to the betterment of the Monastery. It was for their own good.

Daeli aged 14 now would be received with open arms and housed there for the next 6 years where she would get the best training that the Ranger could not provide. Especially training to deal with that inner Tempest.

As for Bellady, well, the Ranger worked best alone and did not need to be tied down to rely on someone's daughter and overburdened herself attending to such a girl.

In time, however, she would admit to herself that it truly was a blessing to raise someone else's daughter, especially this "warrior princess" girl... and then proudly claim that girl a daughter of her own.

<~~>​

• ~Soul Manifestation Details: The Tempest Behind The Wall.

'Breaking the Wall' Manifestation

lightning-Bow.jpg
    ~Appearance: An ornate metal bow scorched with colour yet without a drawstring.
    ~Powers: 'The Tempest Awakens' - Shoots lightning arrows from her metal bow that may stun targets or have the equivalent effect of a regular arrow-- albeit the arrow is faster and brighter than a normal one. Glowing aura enforces bow and may use it as a bludgeoning weapon.

Name Manifestation

lightningboww2.jpg
    ~Appearance: The bow is now made of complete lightning and, not only shoots the first level Manifest arrows, but may also shoot lighting bolts too. It may also be wielded as a double lightning bladed, hand-to-hand weapon as well.
    ~Powers: 'The Tempest Rising' - Shoots a lightning bolt into the sky and storms appear. The storms are her repressed nature and Name Manifested. Several bolts of lightning will come hurtling down to earth and striking multiple targets. The Tempest storms she may move to enemy's location to use as a distraction or provide cover for their getaway since she may navigate through the storm unfazed.

True Manifestation

dael-liska-Armour.jpg
    ~Appearance: The bow reforms around her face creating a mask of multiple eyes and swirling dark winds engulf her to form a sort of lightning bladed, winged and spike-tailed armour. The Tempest is in full effect now.
    ~Powers: 'The Tempest Unleashed' - the storms are now powerful, howling gales. Spiraling tornado tendrils swat away at enemies as she rises above her allies and glowing aura becomes a protective dome of lightning. The multiple eyes allow her to see calmness through the chaos of the Tempest and allows her to open up the lightning force-field to allow her comrades to attack from beyond its protection. She herself is armoured and obscured by the Tempest, yet she is, however, on the outside of the force-field and exposed to attack.

<~~>​

• ~Musings on the other Auras: Dae's New Tribe.

Laukai - Aura Gold - ('Stained' on Forehead)
    "Warmth is the tie that binds." There are two that can sedate the feral and turbulent heart that is Daeli. He is the one that may talk her down from high emotions or dark temptations. She feels fiercely protective of him, however, she tries not to be overbearing about it. He is a major reason she feels very territorial about the Monastery regardless of her roaming upbringing. Dae can be found sleeping in his room whether on the floor or in the same bed as he. Very, very affectionate towards him.​

~Says: "Your back I have, as always." Copies Laukai's sayings in her own way: I always got your back^^​

Gaius - Aura Black -
    "Scorching is the hand that holds." He is one side of the protective big brother coin of which both Gaius and Anders preside; Gaius is the Blade. She is in awe of their knowledge and teachings of 'The Lands Beyond Us," but they make for strange tales of alien worlds to her to be sure. She respects his unrelenting standards on training and conduct and agrees with it, however, she does shy away from him because of it. Affectionate towards him only in small doses.​

Marchen - Aura White - ('Stained' on Forehead)
    "Motherly is the soul that sings." This is the other that may calm her but not with words. She finds his doting motherly ways adorable, but soooo not her style. It is his songs and music, however, that may enthrall her and she often just shuts up and stops what she is doing when he performs. Follows him around when he practices his songs and instruments. Very affectionate towards him.​

~Whenever she hums, sings or hears music, she will sway and move just like how Marchen does whilst playing his viola^^​

Ilaryll - Aura Violet -
    "Rebellious is the mind that sharpens." The polar opposite of Dae and by default, her 'frenemy.' This girl defies the very fibres of which make up the Hunter. They are however, eerily similar in temper and actions; both are mercurial cats, afterall. There is an intriguing uniqueness about this sleek and dark girl that draws Dae to her, but she is just as alien and infuriating as they come for Dae to be repelled. Affectionate only as much as Ilaryll allows. Which is just fine by Daeli...​

Altan - Aura Grass - (Unmarked)
    "Indefinite is the soul that wanders." She gets along great with her but gets miffed, jealous even, when Altan hops off on her journeys outside the Monastery. She loves the wildness and "Lands Within Us" ways of the diminutive girl and cannot help but feel a primal connection with her. Loves to be up close around her when she returns to the Monastery; loves the scent of the wilderness on her. Dae can be found sleeping in her room whether on floor or in the same bed as she. Very, very affectionate towards her.​

Andren - Aura Emerald - ('Stained' across Neck)
    "Sweetness is the hand that holds." He is one side of the 'protective big brother' coin of which both Gaius and Anders preside; Anders is the Shield. She is in awe of their knowledge and teachings of 'The Lands Beyond Us," but they make for strange tales of alien worlds to her to be sure. She loves all the attention he gives to all the girls, however, she does not reciprocate the flirtations of his ways. Affectionate towards him.​

~Learned how to wink and blow kisses from Andren^^​

Thirra - Aura Red - ('Stained' on Cheek) - "Mmmm...?"
    Just met her during the attack on the Monastery.​

Escarlate - Aura Scarlet - ('Stained' on Cheek)
    "Anger is the heart that strikes." Another like Ilaryll but the lesser of two evils. At least with Escarlate she knows what to expect. Known for under 2 years but there is something quite enthralling about the fits of anger that she may unconditionally spout off, and in fact, Daeli feels jealous of such candor in spirit and attitude. But at the same time, all anger, all the time is quite off-putting. Respects her and her skills but keeps her distance. No affection towards her.​

Kayne - Aura Royal
    "Lonely is the face that hides." There is a sombreness about him that stabs at Dae's heart. He is cut off from his own culture; something that she can identify with. There is not much she says with him other than to encourage him as an Aura; the past is the past, so it is. And she does not wish to stir daemons within him lest she stir her own. She lets him hide behind his mask as she hides behind her heart. No affection towards him.​

Markus - Aura Earth - (Unmarked)
    "Smiling are the eyes that... that... no. A deceiver yet this one will be. Watch you closely does Daeli. Just like prey..." She cannot believe one of such great size and strength could be so genuinely sweet, gentle and caring. Known him for under a year, and, keeps a careful eye upon him especially while he is in very close proximity of the younglings. The Hunter will be there to butcher the Monster when it reveals its true form. Feigns affection towards him.​

<~~>​

Last edited:
Heh, I think Daeli and Ilaryll will make a right pair. Little and large, dark and fair, urban and... not, but more alike than different in character.

Hmm my girl is also from the nomadic tribes but she is very very different so I think it's alright.

Heh, I think Daeli and Ilaryll will make a right pair. Little and large, dark and fair, urban and... not, but more alike than different in character.
Yeah~yeah! Should be fun^^ Daeli is a good girlie. She just has moments of non-PMS mood swings^^;

Hmm my girl is also from the nomadic tribes but she is very very different so I think it's alright.
Overlap is all goods right? In fact i don't see anything wrong with being from the same country^^ But cools and can't wait to see what rival tribe your charrie is from ;D

Nergüi Altan Nüd
Nergüi Altan Nüd
(Temporary, commonly called "Altan")

Home Nation:
Spirit Hoppers (Migrating Nomadic Tribe)

Aura Color:
Grass/Mint Green
[#73FEC5]

Soul Name:
Wayward Vanguard

Appearance:
A short, small girl who seen a bit younger than her age, standing at only 4'11", Altan is known for her bright golden eyes, which she got her temporary name from. She prefers her ashy hair short and her teeth sharp, sometimes sharpening them herself. Often times her clothing choices are strange to those who come from the kingdoms, due to the fact that she has no concept of gendered clothing.

Though the feature that strikes others the most, is the large patch of scarred skin on the right side of her body. It goes from her face and upper arms down to the upper abdomen.

History:
Long ago on the harsh lands that the nomadic tribes reside, there was a small clan of people. They were not strong nor influential, they did not even possess a name that other tribes and outsiders call them by. Yet this nameless group migrates in peace, never staying long in one location.

One particularly harsh year, the tribe was stricken with plague, famine and panic ensued, with many fearing that this will be the end for the puny populous. In this time of desperation, a pair of brothers awoken as Manifestors. With their newfound strength, the duo decides to venture out into the outside world in search of a cure for the disease that razed their people.

It was a long journey as the brothers traveled across the continents, they fought many battles, met many people and learned their customs. Their status as Manifestors brought them riches and glory, which aided the pair in their search for a cure. Finally, after twenty seasons, they obtained the elixir that is said to remove any disease, even ones upon the spirit itself. The elder brother, Alesdair, was overjoyed and immediately set off for the journey back home, but the younger brother, Igashu, had grown accustomed to life in the outside world and wanted to continue traveling.

In the end, the brothers parted ways, Alesdair returned to the tribe with the elixir, announcing that its potent healing capabilities can even preserve one's sprite through death. He was chosen as leader of the tribe, and all the clans people who took the elixir obtained an immortal soul that will always persevere.

This is the founding legend of the Spirit Hoppers, a nomadic tribe known for their fierceness and bloodlust in battle, they have no fear of death, and often fight battles for weaker tribes, this is largely due to their highly spiritual beliefs. Like their name implies, the Spirit Hoppers are firm believers of reincarnation, children are taught from a young age that one's body is nothing but a vessel for an ancestral soul that resides in them. Every adult believes themselves to be the reincarnation of a tribe member from the era of the legend, this leads to a distinct lack of emphasize on one's physical form, be it gender, height, birthmarks or anything else.

Children who have yet to discover, or recollect who they are in a past life are known as the "Nergüi", meaning "The Nameless", in which they are called by a distinct physical feature instead. Annually a ritual festival is held in order for the Nergüi children of proper age to discover who they are, in which they undergo three trials: Trial of Spindles, in which they will weave a specific insignia that is said to reflect the spirit, Trial of Tactics, a competition in a board game of strategy, and Trial of Hunts, where the participants must fall beasts that roam the lands. After finding out their corresponding ancestral spirit, the child will be treated and raised as that particular person, as they are seen as a reincarnation of that individual.

Nergüi Altan Nüd (Nameless one with golden eyes), was 12 years of age when she undertook the annual ritual, where she awoken as a Manifestor during the ritual hunting as she was mauled by wild beasts. Her Soul Weapon helped her survive, but it left the large patches of scars that now cover her body.

Within the tribe, all Manifestors are seen as an incarnation of one of the legendary brothers, Alesdair and Igashu, but which of the brothers they are is unknown until they undertake the pilgrimage. Those who return after twenty seasons are Alesdair, the protector of the tribe, and those who do not return are Igashu, the wanderer of the tribe.

After honing her Manifestor skills and using them to protect her tribe for a few years, Altan came of age to set off for the pilgrimage where she will find out who she is. After a few months of traveling, she protected a caravan sourced from Hertsei from offroad bandits. Seeing that she was a Manifestor of quite a young age, the merchants directed her to the Monastery where she may further her abilities.

Manifestation

Appearance:
A spear-like polearm that is over 6 feet in length, much taller than its wielder. The sharpened end is less like a blade and more like a pair of pliers or scissors, it is reinforced by leathery padding and what seems like animal bones. The strangest part of the weapon is the permanent grass stains that are present on the blade, leather-like and fabric-like parts.

Powers:
The weapon is very much like a conventional spear, even during combat, to the normal observer, as its abilities are difficult to see with the naked eye. The spear tip has the ability to morph into different forms in a split second on the user's whim, blades made out of aura can instantly be extruded from the tip, which can create deep gashes with the tiniest of grazes, or strike a target when they believe that they have envisioned the attack. In addition to extended blades, the plier like end of the spear can also transform into what is akin to the jaws of an animal, and is able to clamp down on various objects. The sizes of these transformations though are usually the same size as the original spear tip, or around a finger length larger.

Name Manifestation

Appearance:
In a fairly uncommon case, the weapon shrinks as it sheds the leather-like paddings that surround the tip, which unveils the blades that were hidden behind them. The "grass stains" are also presented on these blades, and are now giving off a glow the color of Altan's aura.

Powers:
Now the polearm is no longer solely a spear, through its blade extension abilities, it can also take on forms of various other weaponry with a blade form from aura. Axes, long swords, sickles, and even hammers are possible. The aura that forms the blade extensions no longer extend themselves, but they acquired the ability to morph into a pair of large animal jaws that can lash out to devour their targets, causing great damage with their extensive bite.

True Manifestation

Appearance:
While the weapon's form does not change much, it flares with an aura that burns in the shape of a flag or banner. For those who are more observant, or if the surroundings are dark, one maybe notice the faint light green outlines of people, animals and plant life that surrounds Altan. Their ghastly figures move along with her like an army of spirits.

Powers:
The faint aura figures are able to be commanded, but they can also act autonomously as protectors. When activated, the figures become obviously visible to all those around, the energy that creates their forms look exactly like the energy that forms extended blades. There are various figures, most of them are people and tamed beasts that the nomadic tribes commonly use, they behave like their counterparts in reality, but has the ability to fade away and rematerialize.

Last edited:
@Cresion Breezes I love the concept! Really cool and interesting.

I've changed up the image for my character, this kinda reflects her personality a little better I think.

• Thank You
Reactions: Cresion Breezes
@Cresion Breezes

Wows~@,@!! Loves your charrie write up!!

Hey sooooooo like the way I envisioned Daeli's tribe was that they were hunters that followed a certain type of big herbivore herd and competed with the big predators that also folliwed them. Dae's peoples are from the Southern Lands and trade with other tribes the goods, tools and weapons they create out of the huge herbivore kills. Her tribe are The Liska Wilds Hunters~^^!!

Sooooooooo like if ya wants Daeli and Altans' people's could have traded together and the pair may have met as children a few times. Possibly even became friends or rivals??O,o?? Daeli was treated and trained to be some kind of 'warrior princess' so even though a Hunter by birthright, she actually she was in the Noble class growing up. Then at age 13 Daeli was banished from her tribe for reasons. Like if you wants Daeli's people could have told Atlan's peoples some kind of half-truths or wutevs to save face?

Like all goods if you don't wanna have them meet prior to the Monastery but let Boo know k^^;

@Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Sooooo like Boo edited Daeli's first Manifest to de-power it a bit. Went from 'shoots lightning bolts' to 'shoots lightning arrows that can stun!' Then I moved the 'shoots lightning bolts' to Name Manifest. Then for True Manifest I edited in, to clarify, that the storms (The Tempest) is now turned up to eleventy-eleven!! Hope that all goods^^;

@Boo Girlie BoomBoom

Altan's tribe is actually pretty small compared to most other nomadic tribes, mainly because they have very high mortality rates since no one thinks dying is a big deal. They have a tendency to trade service, specifically protection from the big carnivorous thingys out there, with other tribes for materials.

The Noble thing is interested because as tribe they don't believe in "born nobility", since you can't have a good grasp on one's spirit at birth. So if the two met as children it would probably just be cultural confusion. Realistically Altan would be very young if they would have met since she's a few years younger than Daeli.

For the last bit, Altan's people are quite haughty and probably don't give a crap about what other tribes do, but their internal laws when it comes to murder and manslaughter is vastly different, mainly they don't make a big deal about it, especially if it's unintentional. Basically Altan would be confused why the banishment even happened because like, accidentally killing people isn't a huge crime from her view as a child.

Everyone is an old fart and everyone is somehow ending up in the cooking country, whether born there or moved there. Whoop whoop.

@Cresion Breezes

Honestly I think Märchen would be very very veeeeery interested in the concept of reincarnation...something about it is fascinating to him. He'll just be horrified by her scars and scream out "ARE YOU OKAY?" if she shrugs it off. Maybe cling onto her and just pretend sob to make her hit him so she would feel better about herself. Idk. ...Actually I just read that above reply holy cow Altan he's definitely going to be horrified. And now he won't pretend sob he'll just want to teach her as much as he knows (Which is admittedly very little while living with his so called family.) or at least learn more things beside her. And just help her learn. Learning is awesome. Hooooo...