Soul Manifestors OOC & Characters

everyone but our characters dies
I didn't say that tho :/

Basically, these guys are highly-trained to fight against manifestors. So the idea is that we don't *win* we *survive*. And if we can save others, all the better :D

Oh oop, makes sense! Okay survive and save as many people gooooot it Märchen is going to overwork himself to near death trying to save everyone good lord.

That kid is 100% marked for death it's not even funny lmfao
Well I don't think I can kill young kids. I just don't think I personally can do it

Well good thing this whole thing happened because there was no way Altan is going to stay in school for 5 years, she's gotta travel the world

Well good thing this whole thing happened because there was no way Altan is going to stay in school for 5 years, she's gotta travel the world

Why do I find this funny? XD Märchen would gladly do the same traveling is fun and he loves learning!

Uhh, hmm... I mean to be fair she will have already been there for years. They were basically at the graduation test @Cresion Breezes

Uhh, hmm... I mean to be fair she will have already been there for years. They were basically at the graduation test @Cresion Breezes
Emm you really should've told me that with the CS review since she only left home when she's 16...and systematically she can't stay there for 5 years she probably would've yeeted by week 6

Emm you really should've told me that with the CS review since she only left home when she's 16...and systematically she can't stay there for 5 years she probably would've yeeted by week 6
I feel like I said this stuff in this thread - and her coming to the monastery at 16 isn't unreasonable, just takes at least a few years.

But for manifestors there's generally two options. National military or the monastery to become a free manifestor who can be a merc or fight for whoever they want.

But if I missed something i apologize

I feel like I said this stuff in this thread - and her coming to the monastery at 16 isn't unreasonable, just takes at least a few years.

But for manifestors there's generally two options. National military or the monastery to become a free manifestor who can be a merc or fight for whoever they want.

But if I missed something i apologize
I just assumed they will all be students but not specifically graduating students, and it wasn't initially mentioned how long exactly it took for someone to graduate either so I wasn't sure of that.

Since Altan is from a secluded tribe the national military doesn't really apply unless we count her traditions...which requires her to constantly travel.

I mean you're the GM so if this is absolutely unacceptable I'll rewrite my character or we could work something out.

@Cresion Breezes

I feel like an exception is fine? Unless anyone has issues with that. The only thing is that she may be farther from learning her soul name. Or not? Anyway it should be fine

@Cresion Breezes

I feel like an exception is fine? Unless anyone has issues with that. The only thing is that she may be farther from learning her soul name. Or not? Anyway it should be fine
Yeah that's fine, she probably can make up the lack of academic experience with practical experience (this is a girl who got mauled by a bear or something and survived after all). Coming from a highly spiritual group of people might help with the soul name thing? I'm not gonna decide that.

Honestly she'd probably try to sneak in with the graduating class at some point in time (probably not now) just to get to the badlands, after all travelling the world is her goal.

Hope everyone is fine with it since I'll probably be rewriting a new character from the ground up elsewise. Altan's core character concept just gets too messed up by the 5 years in school thing since she's all about cultural experiences and learning, 5 years during formative years is way too much for that to be a thing.

Honestly I'm fine with this! Märchen would just be curious about Altan if she just randomly appears...and is helping. But god they need all the help they can get XD

Honestly I'm fine with this! Märchen would just be curious about Altan if she just randomly appears...and is helping. But god they need all the help they can get XD
Well to be fair the monastery is open so he may have seen her around before but yeh

K soooo like Boo postied^^!!

I didn't ignore @Jageroux postie for Gaius, it's just he's opposite of them waaaay on the other side and she's focussed on getting the other two out of the open and gathering the survivors. But like any changes and just let Boo know k^^

I feel inadequate to be GMing you guys :(

So many awesome posts already and I don't know if I can match ><

At the same time I wanna reply but know others need to post

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
I'll have mine up tonight most likely, I'll explain Altan's situation better in it.

f1bS7Uo.jpg

Andren Coenberht
21 years old
The Four Kingdoms (Bokuni)
Male
Aura Colour: Emerald Green
Soul Name: Roaring Lion

Appearance: Fiercely handsome with wavy black hair and silver eyes, standing at 6'3", Andren is well defined with an air of confidence in his step. Genuinely a joyous lad, his recent expressions of happiness have feign undertones.

Choosing to put away his noble dress, Andren prefers to dress like a modest man with an accompanying hoodless cloak. Around his neck he wears an amber jewel from his late fiancée, Carrington. On his hips he has a belt made of leather with a scabbard hanging on the left side and a simple sword.

History: Born to a well-known noble bloodline in Bokuni of The Four Kingdoms and the eldest of four, Andren was raised to become the Lord of his house one day. Proper manners, respect, loyalty, and combat were but a few of the many teachings that saturated his childhood. At a young age, the child showed promise; not only was he charismatic but he was skilled in the battle ring. One day, the boy would make a great leader.

At thirteen, boys of noble or royal blood become men after their Coming of Age Ceremony. The Coming of Age Ceremony is different in each of The Four Kingdoms. In Bokuni the ceremony requires the child to travel to Zoru and confront a Lion, bonding with it and speaking with it, to gain it's courage, strength, and bravery. The Lion is a sacred symbol in the Kingdom of Bokuni and represents the nations years of bravery and courage. Those who are blessed with the Lion's Spirit are treasured and rumoured to lead the nation to greatness. Boys leave at the age of thirteen and return a year later, a man. The ceremony concludes with the announcement of whom the man will marry on their 19th birthday.

Andren was arranged to marry a girl, Carrington Farriser, from Banchun in an attempt to unify the nations and restore them to their original glory. The two spent warmer seasons together for the next four years, laughing and joking, learning of each other's families and histories, and sneaking away from the constraints of the noble houses to have a little freedom. No one had expected the two to fall in love so easily and the tie to unite Bokuni and Banchun was beginning to look promising, however; the political strife with the other two nations was becoming tense. There was a rumour that the nations were jealous of the soon to be union of Bokuni and Banchun and in an attempt to thwart their efforts, the two nations attacked simultaneously.

The Battle of Lords was a bloodbath on both sides that raged for months and claimed the lives of many. The House of Coenberht fought in many of the battles alongside the House of Farriser but in a turn of events, Belkum and Bunrae penetrated the Bokuni border and managed to push Bokuni's forces inland, drawing closer and closer to the capital. It was in the last stand against the joint forces of Belkum and Bunrae that the Houses of Coenberht and Farriser would suffer an immeasurably loss.

There were people dying all around me. My people. Their people. The sound of metal clashing with metal was the only noise anyone could hear. People screamed. People roared. My brothers and I were soldiers. My sister and Carrington were warriors of a different kind; it wasn't unlike women to be on the battlefield. But it was the battlefield that claimed her life. A mountain of a man had pushed past our defenses, he was heading for the back line where the healers and archers were. He was heading straight for Carrington. I remember rushing to her as fast as I could and standing in the way of the blow, but it wouldn't matter.

A shock wave leveled the battlefield and when the dust settled the Lion's Shield stood erect as a beacon of hope, emitting a green light. What forces remained alive retreated quickly with the spirit of the Bokuni awakened and Andren was left on his knees, in the mud, with his love in his arms.

I killed her.

The unity between Bokuni and Banchun was broken and the House of Farriser blamed Andren for the death of their daughter, however; the Kingdom of Bokuni had a manifestor awaken and jumped on the opportunity for their nation to reclaim greatness through him. Andren would be sent to the Manifestor Monastery, where he would live for the next three years and learn to harness his power.

Soul Manifestation Details:
Manifestation
Appearance: A great shield, copper in colour and surrounded with an emerald green light, a fierce roaring lion's face dons the center.
Powers: The Lion Shield is impenetrable and releases a shock wave when impacted; the bigger the impact, the bigger the shockwave.
A strange feeling of bravery tickles people when The Lion Shield appears.

Name Manifestation
Appearance: The Lion Shield's appearance doubles in size, but remains the same otherwise.
Powers: The Lion Shield levitates, following its user's command but granting him the ability to be protected by the great shield without actually wielding it. The shield also acquires a "safe zone" in the shape of a cone behind it (the biggest part of the cone being closest to the shield) where people are protected from the resulting shock waves of blocking incoming attacks. The safe zone's size can be manipulated by Andren, from seemingly nonexistent and only protecting the user of the shield (most useful when surrounded my enemy forces) to a cone in 3 to 4 feet in size behind the shield.
The strange feeling of bravery intensifies when the Name Manifestation version of The Lion Shield appears.

True Manifestation
Appearance: The Lion's Shield doubles in size again and multiples appear.
Powers The Lion's Shields original powers of being impenetrable and releases shock waves when impacted remain the same, however; when True Manifestation occurs, multiple Lion's Shields appear and surround the group as the height of a defensive measure. The safe zone becomes the center of the ring around the party and can be commanded by Andren (i.e. the shields can move with the group). People can enter and leave through the space between the shields (as can abilities or weapons/projectiles that fit).

Last edited:
K soooo like Boo postied^^!!

I didn't ignore @Jageroux postie for Gaius, it's just he's opposite of them waaaay on the other side and she's focussed on getting the other two out of the open and gathering the survivors. But like any changes and just let Boo know k^^

BOO. BOO BABY. BOO YOU CALLED MÄRCHEN BROTHER OF THE SONGS I'M SQUEEING. JUST SQUEEING OMG HE WOULD LOVE THAT SO MUCH. AND ALSO YOUR GLORIOUS POST HGDIOSHGIODSHG I LOVE IT OMG QAQ