Soul Manifestors: Fall of the Monastery

The walk from the Monastery was long, it was arduous, it was sad. Everyone who had lived through the attack still felt the pain of loss. Not only of their home, but of their comrades, friends, teachers, students, loved ones. And the headmaster. He had been there since Laukai was taken in, and anyone younger than him. A father figure for any number of orphans. and now he was gone. Everything was gone.

No, not everything. We're still here. We're still alive. We can rebuild... but it's too risky to do it now.

Eventually, the survivors fell upon what was agreed to be a campsite, not the least reason was that everyone was exhausted. Wounds had been bound and those who could heal were working overtime to keep everyone alive.
-----​
Laukai shook his head as he looked around. From a feast of pride and glee to a night of death and destruction. Nothing felt as if it could sap the hope from a people anything more than this. But even as he stood separate, he felt the pain of everyone around him. He took note of those they lost. Those who would never see another sunrise. Those whose lives were cut short for no reason. As he did, anger boiled inside him. Until he couldn't take it anymore.

Suddenly he manifested his sword, that glowed bright gold in the midnight hour, and stabbed it into the ground in front of him.

"I won't stand for this!" he roared, voice carrying to those around him. "Those men. They stole my life from me. They killed so many of my family. They destroyed our home. But this won't be the end," with a deep breath, he looked around. Eyes were on him. "I am going to search. I am going to find out who these people are, why they did this.. and then I will make them pay."

"Laukai, you can't go alone!" yelled a small child, a friend of Veerdante. That name caused Laukai even more pain. For such a young life to be ended, just like that... "I'll go with you!"

"No, Salsran. You won't." Laukai said with a small smile. "You, the rest of you need to survive. To hide with the instructors, to live and learn." He took a deep breath. "I will force no one to come with me. But I ask those of you who were to venture to the Badlands with me... I ask at least you consider. I am not going to stop until I awaken, and can get revenge for those we lost."

"...I am sure it is the same for you."

Reactions: Pupperr
Mentions: Thierra / @Karyra , Markus / @Reanimator Spuds , Laukai / @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf , Daeli / @Boo Girlie BoomBoom

Märchen nearly skidded to a halt and stopped his singing as he stared wide eyed at the child he was holding hands with. This child, who wanted to help, this child, this child, this- He closed his eyes and took in a shuddering breath before swallowing thickly. "...Very well," he tittered as he helped pulled her along, pausing before moving his grip to her sleeve, "Will this suffice? Ahahaha, oh God, I am scared, Lord protect us all." His fingers itched to hold the cross he held dear in his hands but not now, not when there was a fight going on. His body jerked at a sudden panicky shout as he saw Markus come over with a dying child. He let out a wail before singing in a hurry, frantic and full of fear as he used his magic to try and reach out, heal the little one whose life was bleeding out in the man's arms. Just a little girl, like Thierra, and all these children dying oh God oh God oh God no-! The bustle and the feeling people pulled everyone towards the edge, away from the Monastery, and they were all swept up, Märchen still singing and healing all the while as his energy drained. When they were safe...his vision faded and he nearly toppled over.

"Ahahaha, we're alive, we're alive, but they're not," he whimpered, his hand having moved to the cross as he kept a tight grip on it, fear in his eyes as he murmured prayers. Opening his eyes for a moment to take in a shuddering breath, he glanced around to see that a campfire was being made. Hissing under his breath, he finally let go of Thierra, only to hug the girl. "I'll be right back, I swear, so many need healing and my songs...it's the least I can do." Giving her a kiss on the forehead without thinking, he darted off, just using his Soul Manifestation to cure everyone who was in need of healing. Already he felt so drained and yet... He had to help in some way, God he was so tired though...

His gaze flickered to Daeli as she seemed to be in turmoil, his songs stopping and his knees going weak as he just collapsed onto the ground, just sitting there as he stared at the grieving woman. A choked sob escaped his lips as he placed a hand over his mouth. "Lord, why is this happening? Already so many people are dying, body and soul, I cannot...what should I do...?" he whimpered as he glanced up at the sky for a moment. Swallowing thickly once more, he forced himself up and tottered to the woman. Already his throat was locking up as he just stared forlornly while silent tears slid down his face before taking in a shuddering breath. "...Let me...sing...and...I don't know if it will give you some comfort, but..." He gave a broken smile before letting out his song, just a song of sorrow before slowly turning into anger and hate...with a need for vengeance. He felt heat searing through him, the anger he forced out causing his fists to clench, one hand still holding his sword, keeping the grimace on his face as he sang for her to hear. Just something to resonate...and give her hope. Would it work? He didn't know.

When the song was over, he jolted to glance over at Laukai's declaration. Already he paled as his hand gripped his sword tighter. "...I-I-I..." he stammered as he glanced at everyone. Everyone wounded, everyone needed tending to, should he abandon them to hunt the ones that were hurting everyone he loved? He didn't want to yet at the same time the ones responsible were still out there. He didn't know what to do, he was frozen on the spot, he wanted to save everyone, protect everyone, go after the ones who caused this and yet- His gaze flickered to the sword in his hand and he stared at it before glancing at the cross still pressed deeply into his palm. He stared at it for a moment before jerking his head away, eyes squeezed shut and clenching the fist so tightly around the cross it nearly bled. "Tch...Lord forgive me for my sins." He opened his eyes, a fierce look in his red eyed gaze, as he moved towards Laukai and planted his sword into the ground. "...You would need a healer," he sang, already feeling like dying on the inside, "I will lend you my sword, my heart, my soul, for this endeavor. I will lend you all of me so that we can save everyone. Even if I am to kill everything in my path...I will make sure to do so in order to protect the ones I love. No more, no more deaths, I will make sure my family won't die anymore, no more..." He nearly collapsed at the weight of his little song and just rested on the sword planted in the ground, putting his forehead on it and mumbling words in a different language. He didn't know what to do, was this right? Already the thought of what he was going to do was making him ill, yet... He already chose his path.

@chaosheart13 // Märchen
His eyes. Thirra knew those eyes. Pity. He... he didn't think she was capable.

A pang of guilt told her that he was right. She was still new to her weapon, much less the school. But she knew he was tired. She knew what that looked like in a face full of fear. Pushing yourself too hard to try and still feeling like you failed. At least he let her hand go, and while it wasn't exactly what she wanted, Thirra could work one handed. It would just be... harder. She'd have to manipulate a blade she could barely see, but she could try and keep people safe.

Slashing and cutting and bleeding and blood and that girl was bleeding out so much and the attackers were bleeding and she was tired she had to keep going because if she stopped-

Soon, the frantic run came to an end and Märchen nearly toppled over on Thirra. She supported him, and he gave her a hug and a promise and was darting off to help. Thirra looked at her hands. Clean. But she could still see the blade dripping. She did that.

She could do more.

Already she was hard at work using the dingy alchemy tools she had packed, trying to do literally anything to help. She was running and making bandages and potions with anything she could get her hands on and soothing the scared children as best she could. Her herbs were limited, so she tried to use them as sparingly as she could get away with. By the time she was done, she had stained her hands and face with blood and dirt as she wiped the sweat away.

Finally, things started to settle. The small hard ball of guilt in her stomach kept tumbling over and over. All those people... the Headmaster... died. The Headmaster even died to save her.

She stood up after Laukai spoke up about revenge. She didn't really know if she was angry or not, but... this didn't sit right with her. Accepting all that happened... all those deaths... just to hide away. No, she couldn't do it.

"I don't know if I care about revenge or awakening, but I know I won't hide. I know I'm not the most experienced or ready for the Badlands yet, but I know a... little alchemy. I um, have some noble ties, too. I guess. A-anyway, I can help. I won't sit around and let all those deaths be in vain. No, less than vain. Pointless."
Thirra shook her head. "I won't hinder you. I promise."

She had lived. The girl lived, and that was the best that he could ask for. He couldn't do much to help. His power could heal a little, so he at least was able to soothe the pain of those around him. But unlike some of the others, it wasn't as potent. Still he looked around at the others who had suffered from the hands of this unknown assailant. Why must people fight like this? What good will come of murder? Markus called upon his hammer and inspected it.

What good had this done? He had saved several children this day thanks to it. And yet, here he sat still gazing upon the suffering of others. He missed his home now more than ever. Had he never discovered his powers he would be back in the fields tending to his livestock. He would have been there for his younger sister's wedding only a few months earlier, or the birth of his niece earlier that year. And yet, he still felt a small and selfish pang in his heart as he stared at the weapon in his hand. Had he never learned of his power, he would never have come here. But then again, he only came because his father returned home didn't he? Which means that had he never learned, his father might have died?

But it's over now. He can return home now couldn't he? Like his mother said, things happen for a reason, and this reason must have been so that his family could finally be together in their village on their farm. Markus missed his old life. Everything since then had been so complicated. It is finally time that he may return home and embrace his family. Markus was about to sit up and make his way back home when there was a sudden light that shined upon the small encampment. There stood Laukia. One of the older students who had been there since childhood.

He spoke of vengeance and answers. Markus didn't care for such things. The lives that were cut short this day would weigh heavily on him for the time to come, but he never wished to kill. Taking the life of another is not something that should be taken lightly. Revenge felt like a destructive reason. But preservation... To save life, others must die. This is nature. Animals eat one another all the time, and this is good for the world. But if one begins to claim more than it's keep then things fall apart. Today, a claim far, far too great to be valued appropriately had been taken.

Markus kept his gaze on the weapon once again. A weapon. It is easy to blame all this despair on it, but he remembered what was said to him. It doesn't matter if he has a hoe if he refuses to till the fields. A weapon is a tool no matter what. It is not inherently good nor bad. To determine its nature you must look at the wielder. In the hands of a monster, an instrument of pain and death In the hand of the righteous, a weapon can keep peace and restore balance.

Markus was hesitant. He knew what must be done. After Marchen and Thirra, Markus stood up as well. "I'll join you. But I don't seek vengeance. If others can be saved then I would wish to help whoever I can. I can not sit by as wolves prey on the innocent and the meek. I am inexperienced in actual combat, but I am strong physically, and have protected my flock from predators many times. I will help however I can."

Andren Coenberht

Is this home now? Andren thought to himself as he looked around the campsite. There were children and a handful of professors from the Monastery. Years and knowledge separated them but there was a commonality; their grief-stricken faces. Their home had fallen, their leader (to some their father figure) had died, and now here they were… in the wood, in the dark, and in the cold.

People had separated into smaller groups and some of them built fires, others created temporary shelters. On any other day, Andren would have helped the others but he had sustained a decent injury in the battle before and surrendered to sitting on the ground in front of a fire with his back leaned against a log. He was exhausted, his clothes were torn, his face was dirty, but he was happy that he was able to protect just one other person when the explosion hit. Andren hoped that his efforts had left Scarlete in better shape than he was. He had told the woman to go ahead without him while he checked on the others and when he made it back to camp he collapsed at the nearest fire before he could find her again.

Andren let his head fall behind him and rest on the log. He stared into the black sky – it was odd that he couldn't make out a single star. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed a warm golden glow and his head naturally turned to stare at it. It was Laukai, he was making a rather leaderlike speech, one saturated with revenge. Andren didn't blame the boy, Laukai had been at the Monastery the longest. It was his home and the Headmaster, a father. Somehow, he always managed to bring hope to any situation, it was a gift of his.

Turning his head back on the log to star back up at the sky while smiling, Andren threw a fist into the air with umph. "You will have my shield, Laukai!" It was a noble idea but Laukai had never been a part of any war and would need those who were experienced in battle. He wondered if Gaius and Scarlete would offer their support; like himself, the two were part of Kingdoms that were not strangers to war. Their expertise would be beneficial. Andren closed his eyes and listened to his breathing. We will need to rest and collect supplies before we march into unknown territory… surely the Professors who survived will be able to give us some knowledge on the Badlands. It is only a death wish to go to war blind.

~Daeli deLouve~

Daeli-Close.jpg

<~~>​

Around the campfire they all gathered now, spirits broken and nearly ground to nothing but tears and aether. Most gazes reflected similar sentiments and the silence was deafening. The children, enrolled and orphaned alike, cried and shivered, whilst others just stood there in shock, struggling to grasp the magnitude of what just transpired.

A cold wind ruffled the sand-hued hair and cloak of the Hunter and yet still she did not flinch. Both her hands were clenched tight into fists around two objects. One, a fragment of stone from the Monastery that reeked of fire and death. The other, a skull-faced mask peeled off the severed head of an assassin. But she paid no mind to either object at the moment; icy-blue eyes stared off just above the distant treetops behind them.

Very, very keen eyes stared a while longer then finally she could make out the angry plumes of smoke rising above their former home, bleak yet accusing against the dark, dark night sky. But the ash and cinder rising to the sky was not what she was focusing upon at the moment. Both items in her hands she squeezed a final time before stowing them away, eyes still locked on the distant rising smoke. She was certain now that 'the Sign' she was looking for would not be found in the heavens afterall. Both hands resumed to clench tight into fists once more.

The sounds of the final battle still haunted her mind and the ringing of the explosion still tolled in her ears. And even though they were well enough away from the final battle in the Courtyard where she left him behind, she still did not feel far enough away. In fact, the only place she felt safe enough was somewhere far away from everything she knew. And better yet was for her to be even further away from everyone she knew.

Fists balled tighter and trembled. So tight were they that her nails pierced her own palms and she drew blood. Small rivulets of red escaped from between her knuckles. Each drop of blood hitting the earth another phantom finger pointing accusingly at her disgraced face.

Denial shattered and the Truth came flooding in; Daeli left a trail of dead bodies nearly everywhere she had lived. She had been banished from her Tribe because she had killed her own; her brethren of almost-graduated Sacred Hunters of the Liska . She had been sent to the Monastery because she was dangerous and her unbridled power could have killed her mentor; The Ranger Bellady. And now she was cast out of this place she could finally call home, humiliated and shamed. Because for all her training, innate skill, hunting prowess and sharp senses, she just could not detect the invaders in time and now they all lost everything. So many dead because of her. It was her shoulders now that the one who took her in unconditionally had sacrificed himself. Oh, but the Grand Headmaster... Left behind and gone.

What good came of all she had been groomed and taught to be all her life...? She had failed that fateful night. All because of a foolish act; all because she had too much to drink. The self-loathing was nearly enough to drive her mad and slit her own throat--

The the sounds of silence were broken by none other than Laukai with his indignation, his way of rallying his mates, his uncanny way of boosting morale. But for once it was not enough to rouse Dae's fighting spirit. No, for all that Laukai shouted, billowing her sails to sail forth once more, her spirits came crashing to a halt like a ship run to shore. For another had spoken and the mere sound of her voice slapped Dae's face back to revisit the Truth.

The child, Salsran piped up, foolish yet brave as always. Dae had to turn away once she spied the initial look upon Laukai's face as soon as he saw who it was. The little Sister was a best friend of the one whom the Hunter vowed to 'Watch There inDreams,' Veerdante. The one to whom Dae had shared a bond. The same one who died because Dae had failed to save him.

It was much, too much, to bear. One last fond look she would cast them all, but no tears would spill. Her heart was soon to be walled up just like that Tempest that resided in the darkest corners of her being. One last look then she would have to live with her final decision.

Daeli deLouve had no choice but to flee.

<~~>​

With almost nothing but the clothes on her back and the good boots on her feet, she stole away into the deepening shadows of night. She had no idea as to where she would head even though she had an exceptional knowledge of the trails and off-beaten paths leading to and from the Monastery. Icy-blues stared upward into the night sky, mind deciding which stars to follow.

But there were none to be seen this night. After triple checking the dark, dark night sky, she considered where to go next for some time. But then the big, burly blonde Hunter came to realize that even if she could spy the constellations, she was just as aimless as there were stars in the sky. Any star would do, and as such, any trail would do as well.

Of course, her journey would not begin without a hitch. She had contemplated for too long and had been found. Damn Märchen and those songs of his...

It began as always. The slight inclination of the chin. The icy-blues shining like the sun glinting off a frozen pond. Pink lips parted, a small 'O' forming therein. And just like when Märchen played his beautiful music from his beautiful viola, she copied the swaying motion of his shoulders and soon enough, her ample hips twisted this way and that, caught into the undeniable current of his version of enthralling magic to her. Her feet would step side to side in time with his steps as Märchen sauntered up to her, singing so sweetly and enchanting. And soon enough, she was dancing with him, for him, for herself, for the sky, for the earth and waters, for the spirits, for her life.

The shifts in rhythm she followed and she too became swept up in the crescendo of emotions he invoked in the darkness of night. And soon enough she too began invoking in her own ways. It took time for Dae to 'charge up' and cast a spell, for her magic was taught to her via ritual casting. And the dance had pulled preternatural energy surrounding her from whatever Nature could spare. The ritual fell upon her. Upon him. And soon enough once she was near them; all the other willing Auras too.

When their dance was complete, she held Märchen tight then nodded much thanks as she peered down at him. It took both the Golden and White Aura'd brothers to bring her back this time and was she ever grateful for the both of them. A large sunkissed hand stroked his pale cheek and a thumb wiped at his forehead to smooth the downward creases there. One final embrace before powerful arms released the White Aura. As he traipsed away, little did he realize that she had removed the bandage from her hand and left a bloody smear upon his forehead.

<~~>​

She had followed in after Märchen as he and the others proclaimed that they too would accompany Laukai to the lands beyond. Daeli merely hung back and strut around the others, yet kept in constant motion. She was circling, spinning, dancing, casting and everyso often she would reach out and with her bloody hand, if allowed, she would touch a hand, an arm, hair, a cheek, a forehead, a chin; anything exposed to leave a bloody smear upon those willing Auras that would be venturing off with Laukai.

Finally she strut on up over to where Laukai, Märchen, Thirra, Markus and Andren had gathered. Icy-blues panned around and drank in their faces before closing her eyes and taking a deep inhale. The Ritual magic she cast was already taking form; she could smell their Scents and would know where they were should the wind be kind. A solemn nod she gave then she held her pose, the colour of the storms overtaking her icy-blues. Sparks of lightning crackled from her hands and eyes as her Sky Aura wafted into field of view. A sudden white hot flash erupted as she Manifested her ornate and colour-scorched Bow.

"More than words. More than my heart. More than my mind. All that makes Daeli, and beyond, I give to you. To us. Till no more breaths to give will Daeli be here with these Auras. No home does this Hunter return; fate always meant for her to roam and keep hunting the bigger hunters. Seen the armour of the biggest hunter have we. Yet that armour is merely the face that the Predator wishes to show to us. Pry it off and see what it truly looks like beneath we shall--"

Dae tossed her bow down, face placid yet the act of tossing seemed almost in disgust. She spat upon her own bow and sparks crackled from it and from her heart. She just had to make sure the Tempest was still paying attention.

"--right after its bloody head we cut clean off."

<~~>​

Last edited:

6f45Q0u.png

Escarletè Hauesser

Andren had been quite right, she was not dead. A little disheartened? Certainly, but not dead. As the aura of Emerald left her to assist as many as he could, her cold eyes followed him a moment before returning to the destruction, and they soaked in what they saw. They traced the corpses, including the corpse of the Monastery She took a deep breath in and tasted the fire in the air and it was familiar to her. It reminded her of home. That little inn she'd basically grown up in outside of a small town in Borar.

One might of thought her cold, hateful glare might extinguish the fires, but, no such thing happened. It wasn't for her lack of trying.

Without a conscious thought she found herself standing upon her own two feet cradling her arm with the other. It must've been fractured, it didn't hurt nearly enough to be completely broken. The gown she commonly adorned herself in was billowed in the wind no doubt cause by the heat of the flames, and gave the slender woman a dramatic flare as she turned on her heels to join the rest of the retreating Monastery.

🔥

Escarlete was not unfamiliar with her condition. She knew it wasn't normal to see the armor of Kelemba upon those who en sited rage within her. and in those times, that she needed to seperate herself from others as to not act out. So instead she followed the group from within the treeline. She felt like a kicked mutt, wandering the woods with it's tail between its legs. A defeated creature, and that made her boil. She stopped, and looked towards the light the group emitted in the dark night and made sure it kept within eye shot as she let the emotion boil over the top.

In a flash of fire her blade manifest in the hand of her uninjured arm, and she moved the opposite foot back as she swung in an arc towards the nearest tree. The blade hit the tree, cutting into it, but not digging too deep. She carried the momentum to twirl in a pirouette and bring the blade in for a second hit, this time in a thrusting stab. A noise escaped her as she pulled back the blade, and a second she moved it over head and began whaling into the tree with high-handed blows. Over, and over, and over again she struck. Each blow baiting a louder sound from her until it was almost a shout, and sword vanished. As if to punctuate her tantrum, she slammed her tightened fist into the tree. Again, and again, until the pain began to register, and she knew to stop.

If I was stronger, could I have stopped them?
If I was stronger I would have stopped them.
When I'm stronger, none of them will be able to stop me!

It took her a moment, but she did compose herself. Her knuckles bled, but she whipped it away on the tights she wore beneath her gown, and she thought nothing more of it before beginning to return... and then she saw something. Märchen and Daeli... dancing. Her brow furrowed and she took refuge behind a nearby tree and watched. For whatever reason, she felt embarrassed watching them but also... jealous? How could they dance at a time such as this? How could every moment not be fraught with the embers of anger? What some of them called a home had just been taken and... yet...

After a bit, the two had finished, and returned to the group, and Escarlete followed after at a fair distance. Just in time to hear Laukai's speech. Laukai was making a declaration of vengeance, and it was a language that Escarlete was all too familiar with. She'd always thought of Laukai as... unspeakably plain. A child of the Monastery, who would grow to be just like those who had been teaching them and nothing more. Now though... she heard a different tone in him.

She-- Latte, as some of the others had called her in passing-- approached the group with arms crossed over chest. She'd found the Emerald again, and it seemed he was following Laukai. Same with Daeli, Marcus, Thirra and Märchen.

It seemed Laukai had been stuck with the same seed of vengeance she had, at the plain boy she'd seen now had a reason to seek power the same as her. A dark feeling overcame her, one she wasn't sure she was fully conscious of, and a grin played at her thin, pale lips. He may yet become a powerful ally, a having his back today, may mean having his aid when she burned Kembala to the ground.

"You'll have my fiery sword and shield, for I still have things to learn. The ball is in our court now, golden-aura. We should make sure they never have a chance to play this game again."

She had a flare for the dramatics, she couldn't lie.​

Reactions: Pupperr
Wandering was what Altan did for many past moons, it was what she has done best, it was what she is meant to do. Settling in one place was a terrible terrible thing, it was desertion, it was a betrayal of her people and her soul. Yet despite that, the young traveler can't help but feel a bit solemn as the Manifestor Monastery fell. It was a charming place, though stagnant, it was like an oasis, the stagnant water still gave birth to colorful lives. She can only hope to meet the souls that were unanchored in a new vessel someday, but she didn't even know if the souls of outlanders had that capability.

~Back of Front Cover

Death
The unanchoring of one's soul to their vessel. This is what the ancient souls and outlanders call it. Unlike us, the outlanders do not know that their flesh is nothing but vessel, thus they fear the process, they fear the decay of flesh.

It is a deep fear, one that our people had naught the misfortune to suffer.

Please be careful.

~Onoria

It was confusing, it was deeply deeply confusing. Altan didn't want to talk to anyone anymore, she didn't know how. The stale ambiance in the air was suffocating, the sound of the silence was deafening. The people that once talked and laughed with her seemed so hostile now, with eyes and heart that seem to have dropped into the deepest pools of icy snowmelt. "Remember Altan, the visage of death change the outlanders." The Lorekeeper's words echoed in her ears, at first Altan didn't believe it. How could there be fear for something as natural as the circulation of spirits? Why would one be sad for another's progress? Outlanders hold lavish celebrations for their children when they become of age, yet they are miserable when one's soul leaves to become more refined.

Altan hugged her Soul Weapon close and squatted below a tree, she didn't like it that the people she was friends with seemed so dulled, but she didn't know how to help. It is a different world, out here...She huddled closer to the tree, lost in her thoughts.

Regardless, no matter how hard she tried, she won't be able to comprehend the emotions that the others were going through. No, not tonight. Perhaps someday, but today was not that day. Altan stood up, shaking off the numbness from her long trance in thought, before gazing up at the sky. A starless sky, very fickle. The sky was a moody mistress, often it would not lend a hand to those in need to travel, which is why the Spirit Hoppers have taken to the Earth.

Taking out her notebook and laying it flat on the ground, Altan pulled out her special charcoal created from the sands of navigation. The book laid open with a page full of thin black lines sourced from the charcoal. She then laid the piece upon the parchment before quietly channeling her aura, faith grass green lines began to appear before the faith sound of voices broke her concentration. Laukai? Closing the book and gathering her items, Altan tilted her head. It was undoubtedly his voice, but the things said were a bit distant to make out.

She began approaching the source of the voice, soon the sound of faith music was added to the fray. That's Märchen, huh? Altan's steps became lighter as she moved, soon she was even using her spear to occasionally catapult herself ahead a bit more. The tree line broke as she glided through the air, re-manifesting her spear in midair, Altan can see a small group glowing with aura. She was right about Laukai and Märchen, but Daeli, Marcus, Thirra, and the scary Latte lady were also there. "Hello!"

The tip of her spear firmly planted in the dirt as its wielder landed steadily on top of the handle. Altan didn't wave, or smile like she always had. "Please be considerate." It was good advice. "I hear that you are all leaving." She stated calmly as possible. "I will come too, I can go anywhere."

~Daeli deLouve~

Daeli-Close.jpg

<~~>​

Those that had been Stained with blood, she would watch over and keep. The colours of their Aura's she would see upon the wind and she would find them. But as to what shape the blood Stain reformed into she would not know, only her Aura Brothers and Sisters themselves could tell her such things.

<~~>​

A small smile broke free from her lips as soon as she saw her diminutive spear-wielding Sister. Altan, she who always smelled of wild flowers and even wilder dreams. How Daeli had wished each time to greet the Spirit Hopper as a Liska Hunter would greet another Tribe's member. But as per agreed, Dae would not tread upon the beliefs of the Grass Aura'd girl and respected how she wished to be treated. For one, Daeli was no longer with Tribe and for another, Daeli was okay with how she always greeted Altan anyways.

Like a big kitty, Dae could not help but purr as she sidled up to Altan and when all was ready, Dae pounced and began to rub her cheeks, nose and head up against little Altan as a cat would greet another. If allowed, the big Hunter would dote over her friend, cleaning her and grooming her. "Sooooo happy is Dae that you travel with us, Sister. To the Badlands have you always wished to go, no? An idea of what you desire to hunt, you have Aura Grass? And interested am I of what ritual you must do. Prepared are you, little Sister?"

The big, burly blonde would hug and hold her friend until she was given sign that the golden-eyed girl had had enough. And once the girls parted, the frown would return to the blonde Hunter's face; how she wished she could have Stained Altan so she would be able to always find her friend, but alas, Dae was resigned to respect the other Nomad's wishes and ways. And as she had seen Altan do many a time, Dae tapped her lower lip like the Spirit Hopper would tap her own lip with an inked quill, eyes full and distant, pondering what to write next.

"Tribes apart, yet untied here, younger Sister. Watching over you will this Hunter be. Oh, rest assured, you will be with this soul of mine, Aura Grass..."

<~~>​

The blood dripped across the back of the silky white Sister's gown. Escarletè, she whose heart always seemed to be pinned upon her sleeve, bright, bold and always full of bitch. Dae caught the snow-hued sister's gaze as she saw the stain upon her pristine gown, and of course, Dae braced herself for impact. Yet still swaying and chanting neath her breath was Dae and Escarletè's eyes lit up with recognition; she actually and truly understood what the towering hunter was doing. A slow nod, a hint of a smile Daeli conceded to the Scarlet Aura'd girl as fingers dipped into the fresh blood upon flowing gown and found home upon a powder white cheek. Several more words the burly blonde chanted in her native tongue before reaching up and completing the 'Stain' with her own bloody thumb. And into another place another time was she thrust...

The day was darker than it should have been as it always seemed to be when Dae was inDreams. There she saw Escarletè in a time when Aura Scarlet was lit up with shades of anger, attacking a stuffy-man target repeatedly and with all abandon. What was that in her Sister's eyes at that moment? Rage? Pain? Shame? All of the above? But whatever the case, Daeli had decided to stay Escarletè's arm and attempt to soothe the savagery and senselessness of her strikes. The blonde reached out and grasped the arm of the silvery white headed girl and immediately the other arm lashed out and caught Dae unawares with a motherload of a backhand slap. Eyes locked. Daeli had no idea what Escarletè saw in Dae's icy-blues, but what she saw in Escarletè's eyes frightened her and yet... enthralled her all at once. The sight was like the Tempest itself looking into a mirror. How enticing... But suddenly, Dae tasted blood and broke free from entering a Rage. The Scarlet Aura had split open the Sky Aura's lip.

Dae bit down upon her lower lip to stop the bleeding and in doing so, she found the way to abate the driving Rage that the Tempest always tried to use to free herself from Dae's internal Wall. To calm herself in desperation, the Hunter would bite down on her lower lip and remember the look in Escarletè's eyes, bright and honed wicked sharp. She would not allow what she saw therein to ever exit from her heart. Perhaps that was the major reason she always kept Escarletè at an arms length... perhaps.

>>The colour of Anger upon the wind I will know you, Aura Scarlet...<<

<~~>​

It was a motion that meant a vile threat upon another, but from the hands of chestnut-haired Brother it was a signal to Dae to stop what she was saying or to 'knock it off.' Andren, he whose sweetness permeated from all that he said or did, only he could make the gesture of slicing one's throat open a gesture of playfully telling Dae 'enough is enough.' And what did the gesture mean once the big blonde slid her bloody thumb across his neck? The chant followed her to another place, another time as she 'Stained' this Emerald Aura'd Brother...

Was it truly that long ago when she stood there, staring at herself in the mirror. She could feel the haze of time now, here even inDreams, for some reason, Most would feel self-conscious of staring intently at themselves in the mirror whilst repeating a thousand fold what one was being taught. Blowing kisses was easy-peasy to learn. Winking on the other hand...? Not so much. Andren stood just behind Daeli and used one hand to cover one of her icy-blue eyes, then the other, in an attempt to get her open only one eye at a time. He laughed. A lot. And so did she, but not once did he ever laugh directly at her. Not once.

And so once she finally got the hang of it, he removed his hands from her face and barked out one last shout of encouragement and Dae nodded The big blonde gave one final triumphant whoop in response and donned the mirror a perfect wink. Both Auras cheered so raucously and wildly that many younglings came rushing into the quarters to see what had happened. Oh, but even Veerdante was there... Veerdante... oh, but he was still so vibrant, joyous and alive. They had all bounced up and down altogether, circling round as arms and hands linked all sisters and brothers alike. The Emerald winked at the Sky and she actually managed to return the wink in kind without missing a beat. She embraced him in time to a chorus of more cheers.

And so what did it mean to Stain Andren across his neck? It was a great statement of honour from a Hunter to a friend. Most would say: 'I will die for you.' But the Stain from this Hunter said: 'I will never hurt you.'

>>The colour of Sweetness upon the wind I will know you, Aura Emerald...<<

<~~>​

A smile made of something more than met the eye, she donned the massive, muscle-bound 'Brother.' Marcus, who always smelled of the earth and fresh leaves. Towards him she traipsed, hand held out as she danced and chanted, offering something that she had never offered him before; a chance.

But the look upon his face said it all. Fear? Disgust? Whatever it was, what it said to Dae was that he did not trust her. For all the ways he knew, she was sure he for one would know that she did not offer her blood to him as a symbol of slaughter; did he not cast spells himself? The big Hunter merely lowered her hand and nodded at him, passing him by, but no anger was cast from her icy-blue eyes. Yet she still had to look away as she brushed past the Earth Aura'd 'Brother.' He smelled of earth and fresh leaves but could not mask the smell of what the earth and leaves tried to cover up buried down below.

But at least her suspicions upon him were that much more justified; he was a deceiver not meant to be trusted. It was only a matter of time before he stabbed them all in the back. No, she was not angry with him, she was merely disappointed; she would have to take out one of her own.

"Pleased that you will join us, Brother," said Dae a shiny veneer coating her eyes and smile whilst she spoke to him, staring off at the younglings in the distance, "watching out for you this Hunter will be. Oh, rest assured, Aura Earth..."

The Monster would show itself and The Hunter would lay in wait to finally cut its head off.

<~~>​

This other, Red Aura'd but less angry, silvery headed girl, she had seen running hand in hand with her Brother Märchen . She had even seen him hug her. And that is what Daeli did too.

Into her arms she swept up the little Sister, chanting as she pressed her fingers into the girl's cheek, Staining her as she smiled. "Your name Daeli does not know. But your Aura have I seen when fighting the Assassins you were. Red, it chased you and flowed from you like ribbons in the wind."

Dae released the girl and extended a hand out to her as the Hunter was taught to formally greet others. "Hello there, young Miss. My name is Daeli deLouve. I am a Soul Manifestor with a Sky Blue Aura. What is your name? How are you today?"

A very unnatural, rigid pose and even more rigid smile, Dae held while the girl answered then finally the big blonde sighed and eased up. Her smile became genuine and her posture became that of a huge jungle cat once more. But most importantly, the icy-blues found their feral lustre once more.

"Well met, younger Sister. Watching over you will this Hunter be. Oh, rest assured, you will be with this heart of mine, Aura Red..."

<~~>​

He was the first to be Stained with her blood, right after their dance together. Märchen , he who sang so sweetly and enchanted her with his musical talents. She had pressed her thumb into his forehead and marked him there. A fond smile had crept up at the corners of her mouth as she chanted softly and soon enough she found herself in another place, another time...

This White Aura'd Brother was there in the grass, sitting comfortably and quietly, neath the darker than it should be afternoon sky inDreams. And where was Daeli? She was but a stone's throw away, icy-blues glaring intently into the bark of an old and innocent tree. But it was not the tree she was focusing her anger upon, no, as usual it was upon herself. The Hunter had just failed a test; meditation of all things. Oh but how the Tempest called to her to 'break down the Wall.' And in response to shut it up, Dae would take it out on this old and innocent tree.

Wham! Her golden skinned forehead slammed into the tree. Wham! Yet again. Wham! Wham! Wham! Wha-- Wait. Was that music? Blood flooded her vision but she could still make out the young man in the distance.

He was standing now, yet in full motion. His grey hair swished against his forehead as he swayed. Eyes shut, arms expertly posed as he held his viola in one arm, the other holding the bow, flowing this way and that, creating the most amaaaaaaazing sound she had ever heard. His shoulders moved in time to a rhythm that he could only hear; it was as if he were caught in the ebb and flow of a sea of musical notes.

Then he opened his mouth and out came the sound that a baby would recognize as the glory of a goddess. The words she could not follow, but the sound soothed her, comforted her, caressed her like only a Mother could. And so happy was Dae that the blood fell into her eyes; they masked the tears as they streaked down her cheeks as well. She had been so moved and enthralled.

When he opened his eyes and looked up at her, even though she was a bloody mess, he would see her swaying in time to his music just as he did. Suddenly, without warning, the big blonde fell to her knees before him. For whatever reason, he had reached out and wiped gently at her forehead smoothing the creases there and healing her wound at the same time. Icy-blue eyes met his red-eyed gaze before she leaned forward and he cradled her head.

>>The colour of Mother upon the wind I will know you, Aura White...<<

<~~>​

Who else could she think of when she first thought about the Monastery? Laukai, he who was always there for you, for all of them, forever; he who was always there. The blood upon his forehead was pressed with much love and affirmation. Once done Staining him, she pulled him close and embraced him tight as she continued to chant bringing them both to another place, another time...

It was inDreams where they stood together right at the spot where they made a promise. They had climbed to the highest spot known in the Monastery, the broken bell tower. It was supposed to be darker than it should have been, but for whatever reason it was as bright as it was that morning right as the sun rose. A hand reached out and touched his shoulder then inexplicably she was able to reach up and touch his forehead. This was not part of the memory. Icy-blues popped open wide. She had never before experienced this while inDreams; Dae could do more than relive the memory, she was able to speak as if he was there. And he was.

"Remember do I when we said we would one day be here. The highest place we know. At dawn we said. Here, it was here where I would tell you a secret, no?" the hues of purple on the horizon fled as soon as the oranges broke free in the sky beyond, "Remember do you, Brother? Held both your hands did Daeli, as Daeli does now. And right before the sun rose into the sky, did Dae say the truth to you, but a truth we meant to keep secret. Together.

"Dae said to you: "In the mind of the Hunter, the story says that she killed her brethren, the Hunters-to-be in the Liska Hunters Tribe. But in the mind of the Girl, the story says she protected them and failed. Remembers when the Tempest was born does the Girl. But remembers not does the Hunter. Both of them is Dae; Hunter and Girl. Bad things, very bad things happened when Dae was 13 but Dae cannot remember.

"Breaking apart is this Daeli deLouve. Failure here at the Monastery will be the result for me. Flee now must I Aura Gold. From the depths of this blackened heart does Dae apologize, but packed are my things and flee now must I--"

He had removed his hands from hers and pressed his fingertips upon her forehead and spoke the words she would always say in her own way; "Your back I have, as always..."

There were more words, but Dae could not remember, but what she did remember was her eyes being flooded, overwhelmed by the gold of the sun breaking free from the dark. It was as if she had seen it for the very first time in her life. The Gold consumed her whole and she let it. When she came to, he was holding her tight with all his might, with all that he was, with all that was Gold.

"Let me go, you would not, Brother.You never did. And here we stand together inDreams. 5 years later and let me go you will not. And never will I let you go, Laukai Kenkuri, Aura Gold. In the waking world, into the Lands Beyond, and when we meet here again when breathe no more we will find us here. At the top of the Monastery, holding each other tight. Let us go, we will not.

"Let us go, we will not. Let us go, we will not..."

Into the waking world were they both thrust. And as she chanted softly for him, she was holding onto him in an unbreakable embrace.

>>The colour of Warmth upon the wind, I will know you, Aura Gold...

...and let us go, we will never...<<

<~~>​

Last edited:
Mentions: Daeli / @Boo Girlie BoomBoom

The sound of others approaching and pledging their loyalty snapped Märchen out of his horrible thoughts and he immediately unsheathed the sword from the ground, still pale and trembling from everything but just grinning as he listened. "Ahahaha, lovely, more to follow, more to save...more to protect and more that will need my help," he sighed before dissipating his sword. He would do anything to protect them now and he was going to make sure everything would be alright. But for now...he blinked as he noticed Daeli place smears of blood on people, an eyebrow raised. "...Oh? The little song bird has a gift for us?" he sang as he approached her willingly, a kind smile on his face while his eyes reflected it, "I shall accept, what have you of me?" He did a polite bow as she approached before dipping his head for a moment, letting her smear blood on his forehead. His eyes went unfocused as he went back to a time long ago...

His memories, his past, he hated it, he hated it all. A feeling of despair, a resounding sorrow, let his feelings flow. He kept playing the aching hunger in his violin as he just contemplated his life from before, the trigger from before swallowing him alive as it kept playing over and over. Why? Why do people take food for granted? Innocent children who just wanted a simple "food fight" and yet they did not know the value of it. He nearly exploded in rage and sang in despair as he saw the commotion, everyone having stared at him. Those stares, those stares, leave him alone, why can't anyone see? How cruel, how despicable, how he hated it. He fled and took his violin, wanting to escape from the horrid place that reminded him of how much they tormented him, how much they denied him of what he needed and hurt him so. Already he wanted to eat...but he cannot even have that, now can he? Bitter notes, an aching hunger, he wanted to die...

A vague thumping, was someone hurting? And yet...so in despair he was he didn't want to change his tune. He didn't think to sing...but he thought to sing now. When he opened his mouth, he was brought back there again, shivering alone and in pain with a smile on his face as he prayed for forgiveness. Please forgive him for whatever he had done, did he do anything wrong? Replaying the memories, again and again, replaying it to remind himself he did nothing and yet their words, so powerful, they tore him down and made his mind muddled. Surely...he did all they said, right? Hurting others, killing their hearts, stealing food, stealing food, stealing food... "I'm...hungry..." he begged in his song as it resonated, alright slipping into the language he oh so loved, "Please, save me, someone, I'm dying, I'm dying, save me. Ah, but to save another, wouldn't it be grand? I want to be good, I want to be kind, I want to..." He opened his eyes for a mere moment found himself staring at Daeli.

Dancing. She was dancing. To his sorrowful song. She was dancing to his song and his alone that he kept close to his heart and he couldn't help but feel the urge to cry, the feeling of
sadness actually making itself known and oh how he wanted to keep it forever! This girl didn't know, this girl didn't know a thing, yet she was dancing to his song so wonderfully he- She collapsed and his eyes widened with shock as he rushed over to her, gently laying down the violin as he knelt. "Ah, you're hurt..." he murmured as his eyes continued to remain kind while he smiled brokenly. He gently wiped away the blood and used his runes to heal her, his sword manifesting right beside his violin. "Shh, I'm here, it's alright. May I sing for you, my dear? I won't mind a different tune...but perhaps one like before." The grin widened as he closed his eyes, cupping her face and pressing his forehead to hers as he sang a sad ballad, of a monster who would never see the light again. Him...

"My violin..." His eyes snapped open in horror as he began to hyperventilate. "M-My violin. I-I left- I left it at- I-I-" He collapsed onto his knees as he clutched at his chest while the tears started to flow out badly. "I can't, I can't, I can't breathe, I have nothing left, my one last possession, I can't, I can't, I can't, I-" He nearly burst into hysterical laughter but it came out in choked sobs. "Oh God oh God I lost everything my family my friends my possessions I have nothing left, none of us do, I- I have to check I- Oh God I have nothing left I-I'm sorry I want to go check but I can't i-if no one thinks it's- A-Ah-Ahhhhhhh-!" He let out a scream of despair as he nearly fainted, collapsing onto his side and curling into a ball. "No more, no more, I can't take it anymore, I need to check I need to check I can't I can't I can't-" He kept repeating it as he whimpered, knowing he might not be able to get it back.

KAYNE

everything was happening so fast. oh so fast. Once were the smilling face of each and every student and now, everyone was in horror pain and dispair. it was placing a itchy spot on Kayne's chest that he wanted to peel a flesh from his skin so that he woundt listen to their words instead gaze up on the blood on his newly ripped flesh. but he woudnt do that. if he do that he woudnt learn about the peoples lives, personality and emotion and he would consder himself weak so he dare not to do it. even if a demon temp onto his ears he woudnt do it.

reaching the courtyard with the Surviving kids. he settled then down to the ground were they rest and watched the others settle in while a craze man muttering words he coudnt understand. maybe the man was traumatized or maybe he went insane

"Crazy, wierd, funny" was the words Kayne can describe to everyone he see's while he can give honorable words to the others who can face this hell

hell, he tought he already escape it when he entered this school but it looks like its only the begining.

" i cant die here" He said as he look around the area and stand up while placing his brush against his back " i wont die here and if i need to survive..." he gazed over to the people talking as he smile " ill find a way to survive" walking over to them he was suddenly stopped by a child that clutched its small arms on his legs

" whats wrong little one?" Kayne ask the small frightened child

" are we going to die here brother?" the child ask as kayne petted his head " no one is going to die, kid,your still young. you still have alot to live for" he said to the child

" but there are assassins trying to kill us" the child spoke making the other kids to listen and started to cry in fear

kayne watched them and shook his head " no" he said trying to calm all the kids " if there is someone who's going to die its those assassins!" he told them " listen, all of you are going to live, to grow, to experience life, to have a family of your own and to grow old" he told them " your all going to live and learn lots of new things." he said petting the shacking child's head " your all going to live... and ill mke sure of that" he told them

a young girl walked over to him while clutching onto her teddybear " promise?" the little girl ask him

" i promise if you kids feel scared call my name. kayne and ill be there to take your fears away" he said as he stand up but the kids ran iver to him holding him tight " dont leave us!" the kids cried out making kayne glance over the group and sigh as he sat down and pet their head " i wont… ill stay here" he said and resting himself back in the ground

" can you sing a song for us?" the child ask him as Kayne nodded " yes i will and after i sing you should all be asleep alright so that tomorrow the monsters are gone" he said as the kids stared up at him as he started to sing

" Goodnight Demonslayers, goodnight

Now it's time to close your tired eyes

There's devils to slay and dragons to ride

If they see you comin' hell they better hide

Goodnight goodnight, goodnight

Goodnight my little slayer, goodnight

Tell the monster that eats children, that you taste bad

And you're sure you'd be the worst that he's ever had

If he eats you, don't you fret, just cut him open with an axe Don't regret it, he deserved it, he's a cad " the children giggled

"Tell the harpies that land on your bed post

That at the count of five you'll roast them alive

Tell the devil its time you gave him his due

He should go back to hell, he should shake in his shoes

Cause the mightiest, scariest, creature is you

Goodnight demon slayer, goodnight

There are devils to slay and dragons to ride

If they see you coming, hell they better hide

Goodnight, goodnight, goodnight

Goodnight my little slayer goodnight

I won't tell you, there's nothing 'neath your bed

I won't sell you, that it's all in your head

This world of ours is not as it seems

The monsters are real but not in your dreams

Learn what you can from the beasts you defeat

You'll need it for some of the people you meet

Goodnight demon slayer, goodnight

There are devils to slay and dragons to ride

If they see you coming, hell they better hide

Goodnight my little slayer goodnight

Goodnight"

kayne sang in within his heart as he watched the kids fell asleep one by one

1582173057862.png
Marchen // @chaosheart13
Dae // @Boo Girlie BoomBoom
She watched the others pledge, one by one. She held her ground, if only slightly. She gripped her bag handles tightly, letting her knuckles go white. She wasn't worthy to stand among them, much less go on the journey to try and end whoever attacked them at the monastery.

Another hug. This time from Daeli, which nearly caused Thirra to be engulfed by the much larger woman. So many hug today. She did not understand. She was young, but she was capable. Or... somewhat capable.

"I am Thirra of..."
she cut herself off, a habit of introducing herself by her noble house. "Of the monastery. I will be okay. I have less connection there, but if I am to be tied to anywhere, I think I'd rather be tied there. You noticed me for who I am not who I look like."

Thirra of The Monastery. That sounded... like hers. Something that belonged only to her. Sure she had the staff, but it didn't feel real yet. The staff had secrets and forms and names that she didn't know.

Marchen soon collapsed, realizing his violin had been left behind. She looked to the rest of the group and moved forward to try and soothe Marchen. Thirra sat next to him, laying a gentle hand on his head.

"Yes, we lost many things. But we saved many more."
Thirra said, "because if we focus only on the suffering, we cannot move forward. I'm going to move forward. We can replace things, but... I'd like to think that even though I only have a few memories of the monastery, they're indestructible. My sister used to say that no one can take true connections from us. Loss and suffering is life, and I'd rather enjoy the moments I have now."

She gently patted his head. Thirra had no idea of his suffering nor how deep it went, but not leaving him alone to suffer it was a kindness she had been given, and so she passed it on. The blood on her cheek had long since become crusty and reminded her of it's presence with every word, but one thing at a time.

Markus was confused and slightly put off by the sudden ritual that Daeli performed. He had never known magic before his discovery of manifestation. And here she was performing one by wiping blood across their faces. But Markus kept his distance. He had butchered animals before, and was not afraid of the gore, but he never enjoyed it. Butchering an animal was always such a difficult task for such a gentle soul, and to see the blood being spread across the others, he was admittedly a little relieved when she never motioned to perform her rite upon him. The true meaning of her words were lost upon him as he smiled and thanked her. There was only one other whom she did not perform it for. One of the other Nomadic Tribesmen. She claimed not to perform it for respect of heir customs. Markus knew nothing about those. He was ignorant of most things in the world, mostly due to his own willfulness to stay in place.

Then, Märchen began to cry out for his lost instrument. Thirra, the white haired girl with red eyes, stepped over to help comfort him. What she spoke was true technically, but Markus was beginning to understand what some of the others here must be feeling. He approached Märchen and placed his large hand over his shoulder, and spoke to them both.

"It is a life which you have always known. Something that you do not know if you will ever be able to return to. I understand that fear."

It was all he said. But those words brought back thoughts in his own mind. Memories of the time not too long ago. The days he spent in the fields, working the plow and seeding the ground. He thought back to watching his sisters spin the wool off of the freshly sheared flock, and seeing their black faces no longer engulfed by their white and shaggy coat. He thought of his cattle whom he helped birth, and their mothers feeding them after the long process was done. Of how he and his family would give thanks every week.

"You know, my family and I used to sing with one another after a hard week of work to give thanks to the earth for providing for us. Most of us were never very good at it, but my sister Penelope had the softest and sweetest voice. We never had any instruments, so we would clap our hands or bang on the chairs and just sing. When I was gone from my home, I always sang to myself when I was feeling lonely on that night, knowing full well that my family was singing with me." That was all Markus thought to say. He didn't know how to finish his thoughts, but maybe his words would reach him? He could only hope.

@Karyra @chaosheart13

Laukai looked on with a hint of pride as he saw some of his compatriots, friends, family pledge to join his mission. He knew that there was a chance they wouldn't survive, but he also knew that he, and them, wouldn't stop. When Daeli offered her ritual, he gladly accepted. Her assurance made him smile, and by the end up it he had a tear in his eye that was quickly wiped away.

When Marchen started to wail over his violin, Laukai went to him and knelt to look into his eyes. "First thing we do." He said to everyone. "Is we're going to go check on the Monastery. If I was them, I wouldn't hang around with my full force. If we're lucky, we might be able to find some answers... and just maybe, some things that survived the fire." He smiled and then stood.

"I'll take first watch. Everyone, get some rest. We all have a long day tomorrow..."

-----

In the morning, Laukai was one of the first ones away - or had he slept at all? Either way, he was working with the suviving teachers as they worked out a place to live and hide. As he did so, the rest of the camp was working on packing and preparing - Laukai was given a small purse for the start of their journey, but that was it. Other money and other supplies they were on their own for.

Thirra slept well that night. It wasn't the most at ease she had ever been, but knowing that she could do something about it, knowing that she wasn't going to be a complete hindrance. The morning came quickly and Thirra was bright eyed and bushy tailed for the journey. She arranged her pack one more time before she went out into camp to check on the others.

She spotted Laukai, and walked towards him.

"Wow, I'm surprised we managed to get any money at all. I mean, our home base has sorta... burned to the ground?" Thirra shrugged. "So, do you want me to wake the others or wait a bit longer?"

Mentions: Thirra / @Karyra , Markus / @Reanimator Spuds , Laukai / @Mythy the Dragon-Wolf

Märchen let out a whimper as he slowly looked up at Thirra, gaze unseeing as he stared straight ahead and through her. "...True," he murmured, a broken grin on his face, "Ahahaha, you are indeed an interesting child...still, I have...lost...too much...ahahaha, they keep taking my things away, why...?" The grin faltered as he sighed. "...Memories. Precious indeed. Then twisted and distorted by cruel words. Even now, I wonder, what have I done...? ...What have I done...?" He let out another sigh as Markus approached and he listened to him speak. Already he can tell he did not have the right words to say...and yet... His face went deadpan and his eyes narrowed as he looked at Markus. "...Oh yes, my singing, my songs. Like that will help me get back something I've lost that is oh so dear to me," he hissed as he pushed himself up out of anger, "I do not mind singing. But yes, singing in replacement for my violin, I would love to imitate it." He paused before grinning and just looking at Markus. "...I can do a thing." And then he burst into the weirdest song that sounded like instruments, the string quartet in particular, before clamping shut at Laukai's words.

He could only stare wide eyed at the young man before letting out a great cry and hugging him, sobbing mightily. "Thank you, oh God, thank you," he sobbed as he clung and continued to cry, "I can't thank you enough, I have to check, I have to...God, there has to be a way for me to keep it safe...somehow...how...?" He just sobbed as he held onto Laukai, letting that happen until he knocked himself out from the crying. His violin, it should be there, it has to be...

He was in and out of sleep due to his insomnia but he did wake up early enough that he was one of the first, he assumed. He kept his eyes shut as he murmured a prayer, his hand having clutched a cross that he kept in his pocket, one of the few things he had. And thankfully, one of the few things that he could hide. ...God the violin, so big, but he wasn't going to blame it. He might as well blame himself for not being strong enough to hide it with whatever soul manifestation he had. If he could. What even magic that he could not control. He let out a breath through his nose as he said one last prayer almost silently before hearing Thierra and Laukai speak. He immediately put away his cross and pushed himself up, walking quickly to them. "Morning!" he sang as he glanced at them both, before glancing back at the sleeping forms, "Already, little birds sleeping, ready for the new day, ready to fly, how frightening, I wonder if they will be able to fly well today? Considering our nest is gone...ahahaha, a little bird that I am, about time." He shook his head as his eyes shifted to the purse. "...Money. Well, I suppose we do need it for supplies. Supplies, hm..." The gears in his head shifted to everything as he tried to remember how the Monastery was.

"...Supplies. Food is essential. The storehouses, the pantries, even the kitchen...and honestly cooking utensils for our food should we make our own. ...We only need a knife and a pot of some kind I feel, nothing else really. ...Maybe even a spoon for stirring or something else to stir. ...Nah, a stick will do. Our clothes, if the dorms have not yet burned too much. We can take our own clothing there, clothing is precious indeed. Also warm clothings. ...Ergh, I suppose we can take from those that have...died...as much as I hate it..." He murmured a quick prayer to himself for forgiveness in his native tongue before just rambling again. "...The coffers might have money unless they raided that. ...I wouldn't put it past them, human greed, the want for that kind of material thing...how cruel and evil. And to fund their own plans...ugh...what even... What else? ...Things for shelter, perhaps? I suppose we can make a makeshift tent with bedsheets and then large pieces of wood... Or something sturdier. ...Tarps. There should be tarps somewhere, those might not burn easily...I do not think we need blankets and the like unless for the shelter, we can just huddle. ...Oh right, water. Er...canisters, waterskins, those things...um..." His face blanked for a moment as he shuddered. "...They better not have purposefully burned them all. Ugh...or the food...or the...what would they burn...?" His face blanked even more as he frowned, trying to think of what the heck that organization that attacked them would have done. ...He wasn't able to think of much but the magical and religious aspects. And also whatever knowledge they had. Knowledge was power, after all.