Soul Eater: Witch's Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loud speakers throughout the school suddenly blared to life. The sound of Lord Death came through "Will the EAT student's Delynnaria and Nyx please come to the death room. Also will the NOT students Yuki and Kayden come aswell please. That is all" The voice said before the speakers wailing stopped. Delynnaria looked at Nyx and they both began their trekk to the death room. Once reaching the doors Delynnaria pushed them open and they both walked inside.

"Why do I get the feeling we're going to have to do extra credit to avoid failing this year..." Kayden said with a sigh as they walked inside. "Well do your homework more often then... This could be something else though. Maybe a special assignment for us." Nyx said as they finally stood in the center.

Lord Death turned around and waved to them all before focusing on Delynnaria. "How is our little wayward witch now!" He called out in a happy voice and picked her up. She began to groan "Not this again! Lord Death! Im not a kid anymore!" She cried out and began to struggle. Lord Death stopped for a momment "Oh right... I forgot.. Now! Also I knew that but I cant resist!" He called out to tease her. Delynnaria scowled and hid behind Nyx.

Lord Death went over to his mirror "You will be going into the Siberian wastlenads... I am having Kayden and Yuki of the NOT class accompany you to provide support. A group of Mercanarys have stumbled upon one of Arachnae's madness amplifiers and have begun to activate and tinker with it. It was confirmed that these mercenaries are infact working for another party that is unknown to us up to this point. Slay them but leave one alive.. Delynnaria my dear.. work your magic.. extract the necessary information." He said before continuing. "A helicopter is waiting to take you to the airstrip. Dress accordingly and be prepared for anything.. it is unknown what lurks in that area with all the occurences recently." He finished.

Delynnaria clapped and let a disturbing smile cross her face "I have the green light! Finally!" She said and began to laugh. Her eyes seemed to flash a vibrant green before she pulled herself together and brushed herself off "Lets get going!" She said to them all and began to pull them all and push them all out of the death room with enough energy to power a small city.

Four hours later:
The group had dressed as warm as possible but Kayden was chattering as he was frozen to the bone litterly. "I-I-I-It's way t-t-t c-c-cold dammit! How can I-I-I fight l-l-l-l this!" Kayden cried out frusturated. "It's not that bad Kayden... I think the snow is pretty honestly..." Yuki said as they walked down a small hill."Easy for you to say you were born in a winter climate Yuki... thus your name you were given." Kayden said. Nyx could see Delynnaria looked quite happy as she was romping through the snow and he just yanked up his hood before saying, "Let's just get going already and quit whining Kayden it is what it is.."

Delynnaria didn't even bring a heavy coat with her. She just had a pair of White UGG boots and a pure white jacket and jeans. She turned towards them and her eyes began to glow a brilliant emerald green and she giggled. "Snow!" She called out and raised her hands making snow rise at her command then rush forward towards Nyx and kayden. Just before it hit them she stopped it and made it began to flow around them in an almost enveloping manner. Once she stopped and saw they were slowly turning into snow men she dropped the spell and began to run down the hill at a rather fast pace for the snow being near their knees. She quickly dove into the snow and used her magic to make the snow lay over her protectively.

"AHCHOO!!" Kayden sneezed loudly blowing the snow off himself and Nyx and Yuki sighed. "Honestly she's like a kid in a candy shop right now..." Nyx said as they made it to the bottom of the hill. Reaching into the snow he yanked Delynnaria up by her shirt collar and set her on her feet as he said, "We have a mission let's get too it already shall we?"

Delynnaria heard them approaching and covered her head with her arms. She felt a hand against her back and she was suddenly lifted into the air. She squirmed "Ahhh! You found me!" She cried before she was put down and to her amazement was left alone. She then realized what Nyx was saying and nodded "Yeah... You are right.. I can harass you later." She said and merrily went on her way and she went through the snow as if it was parting in front of her. Within the next hour they reached the spot where the spire rose from the ground. Delynnaria ducked down and watched as she saw many of the people had weapons on them. They were all moving around and into the spire. Each pair was carrying a crate of sorts with them and they were setting up things all around the spire. The men wore armor and seemed larger than normal to them all as they observed.

"Now before we go rushing in I got a faint idea Kayden how fast are you on your feet and can you use this snow your advantage if possible." Nyx whispered. "Yeah I can make hella of a gust if need to be.. why what do you plan to do?" Kayden whispered. "Distract them head on we need to take out and reduce the numbers I can we have fifty people total down there can you reduce them down to half at most?" Nyx whispered. "Yeah... but I'll have to soul resonate for that to happen... I have a sixteen hit stance that can take out at least a good chunk of them... But sweeping swallow does only so much.. It's hard on my body too..." Kayden said softly. "That's good enough take as many as you can out and I'll just be the distraction.." Nyx whispered.

Delynnaria listened to them all as the began to talk. "Actually... Nyx.. if you can move quickly I can use my magic to really mess with them..." She said then turned suddenly upon hearing a noise. She got up slowly "Ill go check it out.. Just wait for me alright... Go ahead actually without me." She said and slowly crept off towards the noise.

When she reached the point of the noise she crept closer and looked around to see nothing. She stood up straight and sighed in slight relief before something grabbed her legs. She jolted and suddenly changed her arm into a blade and sliced the object. A blood curdling scream echoed loudly across the endless expanse of the area as the mans death scream was heard. She withdrew her blade and turned to see someone jumping at her. She growled loudly and sliced the next man down before something came and hit her in the back of the head making her fall forward into the snow. She gasped loudly and tried crawling away before another hand grabbed her from behind and held her down as her hands were bound. Delynnaria lowered her head and closed her eyes as she felt herself being lifted up.

Several minutes passed and she felt herself stopping. She opened her eyes to see a large man standing over her. The man tilted his head and walked around her "No jacket? No Coat? No warm equipment? What are you doing here lady? No doubt from the DWMA... Stupid insolent child!" He said and suddenly slapped her. Delynnaria's eyes narrowed "I AM NOT A CHILD!" She yelled out as she felt her Feral side rise to the surface. The room's temperature dropped dramatically. The man began to laugh "SO! It is true.. The lady will be happy to hear that you do exist.. The rumors one of the coven spread were dismissed as raving lunacies." He said then turned to a man standing near. "Tell the mistress that the rumors were true.. The hybrid is with the DWMA... we have her.." He said and the man ran off to transmit the message.

Delynnaria struggled against her bonds as the ice clinging onto the the roof of the building began to turn to an almost liquid state. The man that left moments before returned to the room "The transmission was sent sir.. She is on her way." He said before Delynnaria let out a loud yell and the Ice from the ceiling flowed down towards her. The ice began to swirled around her in an almost halo and protective like way before it turned purple and began to become rigid.

At this point the others had barreled their way in Kayden was already in soul resonance and moving so fast that Nyx even had a slight issues keeping up with him. "Dammit why the hell did she run off like this!" Nyx said furiously as he used soul menace and struck several guys with it killing them in one go. Kayden kept cutting people down and Nyx said, "We split up make a noise or blow something up if you find her Kayden!" "Got it!" Kayden said and the two split up after that point. Nyx had managed to find an area to catch his breath in and he slumped down trying to regain his energy for the few minutes he did have.

Explosions and the sounds of fighting erupted outside of the spire making the man loose his concentration while talking to Delynnaria. The man turned and Delynnaria acted immediately. The ice around her spun out in a ripping pattern shredding her binds and the commander in front of her into pieces. Her eyes ignited like fire and she began to laugh "I am a witch you idiots! And a weapon! My magic reflects that perfectly! I am a BIO WEAPON!" She cried out as a man charged her and a stream of rigid ice shot through him. The man groaned and blood splattered all over her white clothes. She stepped back and lets the man fall in front of her.

She turned and let out a whistle making the Ice form back around her. Keishen Souls floated all around her and she happily began gathering them up before sprinting down a hallway where more men were running in at the sounds of the screaming. Delynnaria extended her hand and the ice uncurled from around her arm and shot out around them all. The men stopped and began to turn but were halted as the ice shot out in several directions in an impaling like effect. Delynnaria continued forward and saw one of them wasn't entirely dead yet. She grabbed the mans leg mid stride and continued walking with her mind screaming from the madness working inside of her soul. She reached the outside to see many men running around and several running towards her. As one man reached her a spike rose from her arm and impaled the man instantly. The mans blood splatted across her again and she simply kicked the limp body away as she stepped out once more. She saw Kayden moving around and let out a sharp whistle.

One of the kishin suddenly grabbed her from behind around the waist and Kayden rushed up and cut his head right off in one swing and she fell to the ground in front of him. Nyx came running in their direction and slid to a stop by them both.

Delynnaria looked back to see the man she was dragging was still there and let herself fall forward. She hit the ground hard and immediately closed her eyes as her mind began to let go of the crazy thoughts swimming around inside. She moved her arm slightly then went limp as her body calmed down from the extreme stress it was going through to conjure magic that she still had little control over. While she sat unconcious her mind still moved about as she thought about all that happened. 'They all know now... this was bad..' was all she could think before a full level of exaustion killed her concious thoughts as well and she passed into sleep.

A day later back in the infirmary Nyx just sat there hugging his knees to his chest. He was livid beyond livid that she ran off on her own again. He didn't know what to do sure they completed their assignments but their team work sucked and he was getting sick of it. Kayden was laid up in bed thanks to being beaten up by his own soul resonance. Nyx suddenly caught a couple coins flung his way snatching them out of the air. "Some change for your thoughts boy?" Asked Stein appearing.

He sat down and Nyx just shoved the coins into his pocket before saying, "I think I might just drop out..." "But why you're a straight A student in fact you're even on the honoroll this year so why back out now." Asked Stein. "Because... I have a partner who acts like she cares but she doesn't listen or take anything I say into consideration... I mean I don't care if she'd a hybrid or about what she is it's the fact she's obnoxious, impulsive, and above all she nearly got us killed back there... My strategy wasn't perfect but because of her look at Kayden he won't be able to recover for weeks now thanks to her..." Nyx said softly. "There's an old saying that goes by you reap what you sow Nyx... Do you remember when you were first brought to this academy after nearly ten years of being away from society becuase you were a captive..." Stein asked.
"Yeah... I wasn't exactly thrilled in fact everything was so overwhelming and intimidating and scary I just isolated myself..." Nyx said. "See that's how you handle things but you need to look at things from her point of view. She's young just as you are her father is dead and her mother is who knows where... I believe she acts the way she does to cover up the pain of not having anyone to call a family. If you up and just leave her behind you'll regret it that much I can say Nyx. You're all she has and give in due time she should change you just need to give her that chance is all..." Stein said.

Nyx just looked at him a little shocked and he hadn't realized that much until just now. Sighing he said, "You're right... maybe I'm just the stupid one... I'm far too stiff and keep my feelings at bay... OK I won't drop out... You win this round professor." "Good to hear now then as for he class you'll be missing I prepped some extra work for you two for a week ahead. Just come back when things calm down okay." Stein said leaving the books and papers by Nyx before standing up.Going to the door Stein said, "Oh by the way Kayden should be up and moving a lot quicker thanks to me. So you don't need to worry about him being down for the month." Stein then left and Nyx flopped back onto the bed with a sigh.

Delynnaria the next day awoke inside of the Infirmary and saw she was hooked up to a large set of machines that read all of her body's motions. She looked around and blinked twice as her mind swam from all that had recently occurred to her. She twitched suddenly as a flashback passed through her head of her driving a Ice spike through a mans stomach. Her eyes widened from the visage of the blood splattering on her and she began to shake slightly. She curled up in a ball and squeezed her legs close to her chest. Her eyes shut tight and the nightmare began.....

Delynnaria stood within a large snowy area and looked all around her. She let out a sigh of relief "It was all a dream... Wasn't it.." She said and turned to see Nyx, Kayden and Yuki running towards her all at the same time. She let herself smile and began to run towards them. Several minutes passed and she realized she wasn't getting any closer to them than they were to her. She stopped and looked down to see herself standing in the exact same place she was before. She turned back to the spire to see a red light blare before something shot up into the sky. A eerie red glow began to emanate from the spire and she covered her eyes before she fell backwards.

The ground all around her gave way and opened up to a large void. She saw her friends finally reach her and call out as she outstretched a hand. Nyx stood and just stared at her "You abandoned us... now we abandon you.." He said and she continued to fall. Her eyes widened at the words and she fell something swelling up from within her as she cried out. The air around her began to change as the sky turned red with black spots swelling up all around her. She hit the ground hard and cried out in pain for rolling over and slamming her fists into the ground. She looked up to see a large eye staring at her and she began to laugh "So... this is it.. Abandoned... Left behind... Alone.. again..." She said before letting herself go limp. The room went black and all fell silent once more.

Several minutes passed and she just lay silent, floating almost in a void of darkness. Her eyes opened once more and the room of white was back. She stood up now without any pain and saw a floating Purple Soul with what looked like ice floating around it. As she began to approach it the floor behind her began to fall again. She shook her head and began to run towards the light at the end of the room. Faster the floor tiles behind her fell out from under her until just a few steps from the purple light the floor gave wave entirely and she and the soul in its entirety fell out and into the black abyss that opened below them.

What seemed like an eternity passed and she stood once more in the open plane with snow all around her. She turned back to see men rushing towards her and no one around her. She then heard them calling out to her 'Witch! Witch!'. She tensed her fists and began to turn and run. No matter how fast she moved, those behind her seemed to be forever approaching. It was not untill she reached a dead end did she turn and lash out. Massive forms of ice spikes shot out of the ground at the wave of her hand and impaled the pursuers in their place. The cries of the dead echoed loudly as she fell to her knees and began to laugh "Witch! Hah... HA! Oh I am... Aren't I.." She said before looking up to see some of the pursuers were older forms of those she once knew in her past. Their blood seeping down the cracks in the crystalized ice. She shook her head and began to laugh louder "Abandoned me! I finished it!" She yelled out before more eyes began to appear around her.

Delynnaria's eyes opened suddenly as several days passed within the real time and she began to scream loudly. The instruments collecting data on her body began to go crazy at the sudden surges of adrenalin and the spike of her heart rate. Her eyes were wide with terror and she began to tear at the needles that were in her arms to try to get them away from her. Several doctors and a nurse came over to her and began to restrain her. She looked up at them and only saw horrible visages of something other than what they truly were. She shook her head and after several moments her mind began to clear and she saw the doctors and nurses for who they truly were.... DWMA staff...

Nyx came running in but the doctors pushed him back out one of them saying, "Give us a few to stabilize her." "Just let me in dammit she won't calm down till she sees me!" Nyx said throwing the doctor off. He rushed over to Delynnaria and took her hand in his and almost immediately her heart rate and pulsed dropped down to normal. "Easy... easy does it... It's okay I'm here now.." Helping her sit up slowly he sighed and said, "Just relax now..." Sitting down on the edge of the bed he held her close.

Delynnaria began to slowly calm down and she rested her head back as she began to cry. It was then Nyx came over to her and took her hand. She pulled him onto the bed and clung onto him "Im sorry... Dont leave me! Please!" She said and began to cry loudly as her mind screamed once more. Her eyes were full of complete terror and her body was still shaking lightly. "It was horrible.. The blood.. I kill you.. you are still alive..." She said and began to cry again. She buried her head into his shoulder "I wont run off.... I... I dont want to hurt you all I dont want to kill anyone.. I dont want to hurt any of you.. Oh god... I hurt you all already.. I cant do this... I cant... I..." She began to trail off as she began to fall back in the bed again. Her heart rate stayed the same but she seemed to be falling back to sleep once more.

Nyx just rubbed her back letting her cry against his chest. "Don't worry these injuries are nothing... I'll be fine just realx I won't leave you I swear.." Seeing her shaken up like this made him realize what Stein said was true. He was all she had and he felt horrible just thinking of leaving her behind like that. Holding her hand as she fell back asleep he stuck to her side till the next morning where he was slumped over the bed by her sound asleep.

Delynnaria awoke the next morning and looked around at all that was going on around her. She felt somthing at her side and looked down to see Nyx sleeping next to her and she let out a sigh of relief. She rested her head back and felt her body getting back slowly. 'If only I could heal myself' she thought to herself. She took a deep breath and gently woke Nyx. "Nyx... Thanks for staying with me... I actually slept good... No nightmares this time..." she said lightly. She then looked up at the ceiling and sighed "It was horrible... I thought I was going crazy..." she said and ran a hand through his hair. "I... killed you all... I was older.. I looked like mother.. it was horrible.." she said slowly.

Nyx who felt stiff muttered, "Move over an inch... If I sleep anymore like this I'll be sore all day..." Once she move d a bit he lay down next to her letting his back pop in a few good places before looking at her saying, "Delynnaria that's not you... that's your fears just trying to over take you. Don't ever forget you are your own person... What you do with yourself your life is all your choice and nobody else... Not your mother's not the people you know not even me have the right to make you anything otherwise... Well maybe I fudged that a little I still want you to be one hell of a death scythe so you can mentally become stronger later on." He grinned and gave her a thumbs up before yawning saying, "Man I slept barely at all last night..." Shifting he buried himself under the blanket and said, "Give me your warmth the hell with doing anything today I feel like being a lazy bum and staying in bed all day long.." Though the door swung open and Kayden along with Yuki came in though both them froze and went wide eyed at what they thought was going on but really wasn't. "I-I-I oh my I'm sorry we interrupted something private!" Cried Yuki running out flushed. Kayden just grinned as Nyx jumped out of bed his face beet red. "Well man didn't know you had it in you nice job there bud." Kayden said with a laugh. "It wasn't like that dammit now get out you ever hear of knocking!!" Nyx exploded as he grabbed whatever he could find and hurling it at Kayden who ran out laughing hysterically.

Status
Not open for further replies.