Fantasy, Science Fiction, Superhero, Horror, Western, Crime Fiction, Anime

zK2tizf.png

interest check | ooc | ic | character index | rp chat

• Genres: Shounen, Adventure
    Posting Expectations: Adept
    Theme: Resonance
    Players: 7 - 11
    GMs: Inkarnate, DearTrickster, Liath

This is a conceptual roleplay set in the Soul Eater setting within the framework of an alternate universe.

What this means though, is that for the most part canonical characters and events are absent from this continuity. There is no Maka Albarn, and as a byproduct, there are no events surrounding that character and the manga's original timeline in this roleplay. This allows a fresh interpretation of the base universe, new ideas to flourish without needing to cross-reference every specific fact, and of course creates a constantly building continuity as mysteries and legends unfold before our very eyes. This is a role-play that does not exist with official canon, however, while this is so events have branched similarly to some effect. Core characters from aforementioned official canon have been removed from play.

Players will begin with an academy student in Death Weapon Meister Academy, going about the day-to-day lives as they prepare to be eased into the responsibilities of a meister or demon weapon on their first real assignment.

• Welcome to the world of Soul Eater: Shinigami, where we take the core concepts of Soul Eater and try to make a collaborative, intimate, and enjoyable story that we can enjoy for months to come.

I will be looking for a small number of players who can commit and dedicate themselves to a collaboration that will be paced slower than traditional anime RPs and I mean this in the way of posting expectations as well as story. There will be action, suspense, drama, and potential romance as these are all things we can draw together. Your job as a player will be to communicate and invest in the RP. In something like this that is partner-centric, we cannot have unannounced drops. So think hard and long if this is a world you want to invest in.

There will be adjustments to the canon lore which will be announced in the OOC (should we have enough dedicated interested parties). So if you want a canonical or "pure" experience, this is not that RP. Players will be playing one character, either a meister or a demon weapon. Interplay with your partner will be important, obviously. So keep that in mind.

If you have any questions, concerns, input, or suggestions you better post them alongside your interest.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited:
A thousand times me please for this! I'll gladly be a Meister. ^^

Reactions: Gowi
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Really curious how many people will invest in this. Right now I've gotten one PM, two posts in this thread for confirmation, and some peaked interest on discord. I'll start working on the OOC proper immediately, but I do have to post in two RPs on another site first.
Yes. Yes. Yes.
2Jap.gif

Last edited:
I am interested

Playing a weapon sounds fun. Definitely interested~ :0

I will go for a meister

Holy hell, this is a lot of interest drummed up. Guess I got expectations to keep now. Hooboy.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: SolemnOath
Woot! So excited to design my Meister ^^

Feel free to throw any ideas, questions, and other input at me while I'm working on stuff!

Question: With the weapons, would there be a limit to how many of them could have special souls persay? Like with Subaki (probably spelt her name wrong). She was the only one that could change into multiple weapons without a special effect. Will that mean in this RP there will be only one weapon that can do that as well?

Reactions: Iceydaze
Question: With the weapons, would there be a limit to how many of them could have special souls persay? Like with Subaki (probably spelt her name wrong). She was the only one that could change into multiple weapons without a special effect. Will that mean in this RP there will be only one weapon that can do that as well?
Tsubaki was pretty unique in that her clan had the unique ability to transform into multiple ninja weapons. Whether someone could make a character from the Nakatsukasa Clan or something originally-minded is a question I've been mulling over.

I will say that while I prefer weapons be designed be linear rather than unique and "special", a good enough character sheet might make me overlook this preference. Though, if I were [hypothetically] to accept such an application I would probably only accept one application on these merits and I would be much more harsh and critical (as would any potential co-GMs) on such things.

The reason why I would only accept one "multi-weapon demon weapon" is the same reason I would only accept one or two individuals who wanted to have a meister with two weapon partners. It keeps the cast dynamic and everyone feels like they have their own significant corner as a protagonist of the story. Because, ultimately, that is the most important thing about the RP here is collaborating and engaging with each other to make a fun corner where nobody feels like the "supporting cast" [unless they want to play such a role].

Last edited:
How will we be doing weapon and Meister matches in this RP overall and second whom or what will be the antagonist villain in this realm version of the rp?

Tsubaki was pretty unique in that her clan had the unique ability to transform into multiple ninja weapons. Whether someone could make a character from the Nakatsukasa Clan or something originally-minded is a question I've been mulling over.

I will say that while I prefer weapons be designed be linear rather than unique and "special", a good enough character sheet might make me overlook this fact. Though, if I were [hypothetically] to accept such an application I would probably only accept one application on these merits and I would be much more harsh and critical (as would any potential co-GMs) on such things.
I see, cause I was thinking about making a character with that ability. I wasn't sure if I had to make them a clan member or what. Cause I don't know what exactly allowed the clan members to do this. Would it be best to discuss an original idea with you? Or should I just make a CS and see what I can come up with and fix it depending on what you and possible co-gms decide

(also if you are looking for co-gms, I am willing to help depending on whats needed)

How will we be doing weapon and Meister matches in this RP overall and second whom or what will be the antagonist villain in this realm version of the rp?
I leave a lot of this up to player agency – I have people applying as a duo and I have people applying without connecting themselves with another player. If the duo is accepted I won't see reason to split them up, but I will also look as both of their applications based on combined merits rather than individual merits. For those who choose to just apply without collaborating beforehand, we'll discuss after the fact that which meister/weapon combination makes for better character dynamics.

As for antagonist(s), well, you'll see. But yes, I have multiple ideas about story arcs and opponents [including antagonist motivation]. If players have antagonist ideas of their own, we might incorporate that as long as it works within the GM design.
I see, cause I was thinking about making a character with that ability. I wasn't sure if I had to make them a clan member or what. Cause I don't know what exactly allowed the clan members to do this. Would it be best to discuss an original idea with you? Or should I just make a CS and see what I can come up with and fix it depending on what you and possible co-gms decide
It is always better to discuss a pitch with me [and the other prospective players, if desired] than it is to just "go to work".

Last edited: