Soul Eater: Legacy IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
She sipped her own tea as he spoke, letting his answer play on her mind before she answered, she wasn't much of one for skipping classes and she certainly would give all the lessons her best effort, even if they were not something she was particularly good at, after all, wasn't that the point of learning? However due to her work at the cafe there was the odd time she might have to miss a lesson and from the sounds of it that wouldn't be too frowned upon. "Yes, does the academy have any extra curricular clubs? I...used to go to dance class in my old school, I'd very much like to keep up with my training if I am capable to. Also are the lessons more practically orientated or will we still have a need for study books and note pads? I must admit I'm a tad better at the theory when it comes to most activities." She wasn't much of a fighter and she knew that, at most she was good for support, perhaps that was why Sid had paired her with Arnaud? He was very certainly more capable than she was in that respect. "Also...I know this is a little strange but what do you think of the academy, honestly?"

Gil frowned a little. He decided to address each point in turn. "Yes, there are a few clubs. The Music and Dance clubs are almost always mixed in their genres. Lessons will be nearly evenly split between practicals and theory lessons. You will be notified which and when. Assume the first is a theory unless it is stated otherwise. As for my opinion on the Academy I'm afraid you shall have to be a little more specific. If you are referring to it as an organisation, I appreciate what it has done and continues to do. As a home, it is satisfactory. As a school, also. It serves it's purpose of allowing us to serve ours" He concluded, with a small smile, which seemed a little icy " What did you mean?"

@MotherOfCthulhu

Yumi was glad to hear they had a dance club and a music club as well and it soothed her to no end to know she could continue to dance. Whenever she was stressed she'd always liked to dance and while utterly uncoordinated in a fight when it came to dancing it was a whole different story. Not that she was going to bore Gil with such concerns now, she continued to sip politely at hr tea, listening intently to each answer to the questions she'd asked. She was glad to hear it would be an even mix it meant, with luck, her grades wouldn't suffer too much if it turned out she wasn't as physically capable as others in the academy. She nodded lightly when he gave her a tip on what classes to expect, to show she had listened and taken in what had been said before she once again listen intently. He seemed to have a good opinion of the school, which was good to know but it hadn't really answered her question. The Academy had an amazing reputation in town and as far as she knew in every city across the globe, as a home hadn't been something she had really considered as the word 'home' was odd to her anyway.

This time his icy smile elicited no response be it physical or internal, both soul and body were one, stilled with a curious gaze, Yumi had had time to adjust to Gil now and relax around him. Putting down her mug she contemplated his question, "All those are fine answers but...I guess I meant the people. The students and the tutors...I guess though that is something I can only find out for myself. Is there anything you recommend for the first day of classes?"

Gil blinked, a little taken aback. he hadn't considered that she might be asking about the people. He often forgot that people weren't always in the same situation as him and Lucifer. They could lead fairly regular lives compared to him he thought, chuckling a little. "The people here will give you no trouble" He said, with a little glimmer in his eye "As long as you are no trouble to them. As for your first day of classes, I'd have to recommend just visiting the sparring classes, meister training classes and basic education classes. No need to swamp yourself day 1" He explained, getting up. "Could I favor of you?" He asked, flexing a little.

@MotherOfCthulhu

Yumi was relieved to hear about the people, while she would never admit it she was always a little worried about bullying, she'd experienced some in her previous school and while it was fairly minor it had made life a little hard. She was though more concerned for Arnaud, he was the type who seemed to attract trouble to him even when he wasn't asking for it. Of course when it found him he was not unprepared for it but it would be nice for him to not have to worry about such a thing in the new school. With the instructions for the first day she nodded faintly, it seemed like a good idea and she was quite interested to see about the meister and basic training classes, they'd been on her to do list as well as speaking to someone about some personal things, the sparring was less exciting for her. It made sense to her that they ought to train but she highly doubted Arnaud would want to accompany her and she wasn't quite sure the rules on the sparring itself. Of course turning up and watching probably wouldn't hurt and it would certainly give her some tips on what she ought to be looking out for and when.

Gil stretched and Yumi couldn't help but cant her head ever so slightly as he asked for a favour, what could she possibly do for someone like him? He was clearly quite powerful, it was obvious by the way he carried himself, by the way he had spoken earlier he was possibly a weapon as well, not that that really mattered one way or the other, but people didn't really need things from her, she wasn't the smartest, prettiest or strongest at anything in fact her only possible credit was the golden light but the Sisters had told her not to show that to anyone for as long as possible. Not of course that she could understand why, it wasn't that big a deal, right? Stopping her thoughts before they ran away with her she offered Gil a warm smile and nodded lightly, "Of course you can Mister Forsain. What is it you would like?"

"Could you hold me just for a little while?" He asked, deapan serious and looking her straight in the face.

(short for effect XD)
@MotherOfCthulhu

Her eyes bugged when his request came and her cheeks were a wash with a hue of scarlet that would rival a rose. For a moment she looked dumbfounded and her lips briefly parted in an attempt to reply but when no sound escaped she closed her mouth and slightly furrowed her brows. Had she heard him right? Had he honestly asked her to hold him? The thought it might be a trick didn't even cross her mind and it wasn't so unusual to be asked such, though usually the people who asked were toddlers and children of five or six. "I...er...If...if that is what...you really...want...Mister Forsain?"

"Ok thank you" He said smiling, going behind her and sliding his arms around her. He moved his body close to hers and then... he transformed into his weapon form. A bare metallic exoskeleton wrapped itself around her arms and legs, linking up and expanding. From inside his weapon form he chuckled. "What were those naughty thoughts I just saw in your soul hmm?" He asked her with a little laugh, as he began to assess her innate ability. He also wondered how she would respond to his natural soul amplification traits. Her soul power had roughly tripled in size and some people found it a little overwhelming.

@MotherOfCthulhu

Yumi was confused when Gil moved in behind her, she was confused, hadn't he asked her to hold him? Before she had a chance to complain she felt him against her and he whispered in her ear making her feel further flustered and a little ashamed. She was not left confused for long however and gave a little squeak of surprise as he unfurled against her and transformed into his weapon form. She was, of course, terrified at first, not truly sure of what he was or what he had intended to do to her but when he had finished his transformation she looked over her hands and what she could see of her body and giggled, "Mister Forsain you're amazing!" He was a weapon after all, she attempted a casual pirouette in the exo-skeleton suit, her fear replaced with excitement and genuine awe. She had only ever seen one weapon form this close and it had been scary and traumatic, she didn't even remember the details just the crying and the over whelming urge to stop it before he had been hurt by someone. This was different though, Gil didn't seem afraid, or scared or lonely and it was amazing to experience. She hadn't even seen Arnaud's weapon form yet, which left her a little saddened but there honestly was no point in rushing it.

As she adjusted the sudden increase in her souls own strength seemed to finally catch up to her, rushing into her limbs and threatening to spill over if she did not contain it all, this too was overwhelming but exciting. She was not a person who craved power, or even particularly wanted it, in fact it would be obvious to any who could read people well that all her heart honestly desired was to protect people but for a moment she felt, important and that was a feeling that, for an orphan anyway, was rare and fleeting.

"looks like she can almost handle it" came an unknown voice as the unlocked door opened. Lucifer walked in. Lucifer casually walked up to the girl who was wearing Gil. He didn't really have a concept of personal space, and started tapping her body and the eco-skeleton. " you didn't reply so I thought I would come find you" Lucifer said as he continued to look.

He placed a plastic bag on a near by surface. "i made something again, and I wanted you to tell me what you think" he said to Gil. Lucifer continued to scan over Yumi. He was probably to close for comfort, but didn't really know.

Soon he was face to face with the girl, his silver hair clipped out his eyes with a pin. "what's her name?" Lucifer asked Gil, rather than asking Yumi himself

Gil saw Lucifer enter. "Her name is Yumi. Yumi, this is Lucifer but I call him Luci and you should definitely two" he said with a voice full of mirth. "And yes, she can handle base amplification level, althiugh I'm not going to push you any further Yumi" he said, knowing that although her soul was pure, power was intoxicating.

Yumi had no idea what to say as another person strolled into the apartment and put his things down on the counter, any further thought shriveled and died as he evaded her personal space and began tapping pieces of her and Gil. "H-handle w-what?" She wanted to ask but merely muttered quietly to herself as Lucifer wandered about her as if taking in an art exhibit. She was still confused when Lucifer asked for her name but rather than ask her he asked Gil. She assumed quietly that this was probably Gil's partner, or at least his friend. When Gil himself confirmed it she smiled warmly, "A pleasure you meet you Lucifer." She gave a little half bow -not fully sure what would hurt Gil and what wouldn't and not wanting to risk more than that- before straightening again. Gil said something though and she instinctively went to look for him, which of course was rather impossible with him coating her body as he was. "Push me for what?" She asked curiously, though her voice held no hint of challenge but the same curiosity as when Lucifer himself had spoken.

"You're partner is really co-" Her words caught in her throat as Lucifer leaned in close to her face, he had really unusual eyes and clearly didn't much care about personal space, while it made her mildly uncomfortable she said nothing about it and made no attempt to retreat and regain her own space. Such would be moot considering she had his partner literally attached to her. "Cool. I bet you two are a really good team." She finished, a shade quieter due to the closeness of the man and her desire not to seem like she was shouting.

"not really, he's just a piece of junk" Lucifer said. He stayed close to her face for a few seconds longer before stepping away from her. His eyes made one last glance over her body. She definitely did some sort of physical activity, since she had a good model. Lucifer sighed "all he does is ask for souls all the time" he said, aiming to insult the calm and collective weapon.

"oh yeah and he lies, don't call me Luci" he said, his face became very serious. His eyes became cold and his expression was almost emotionless.

Gil pulled himself off Yumi slowly and straighten his suit. "Now now Luci, don't be rude" he chuckled, turning to Yumi. "We should probably get going but I will probably see you around at somepoint tomorrow" he assured her, smiling as he did so

Yumi couldn't bring herself to believe all of what Lucifer was saying, she didn't honestly think a person who hated their partner could be that person's partner. What would be the point after all? Still it was hard not to be intimidated by that icy gaze or the rather serious threat in his voice when he warned her away from the nickname Gil had provided her. She idly wondered just what Lucifer meant by interest in her soul, there wasn't really much to be interested in she thought, though she couldn't really see her own soul and only the vague aura of others than anything definitive.

Before she managed to think up a reply to Lucifer Gil had pulled away from her and tried to settle his partner, announcing his departure she nodded lightly, "I am sorry, I'm keeping you from dinner. I look forward to seeing you at school." Her smile and voice were chipper, the previous fear having melted away as was all too common with Yumi. "Good evening Mister Lucifer and Mister Forsain, have a pleasant night."

She showed her guests out and waved them off before shutting and this time locking their front door, with Arnaud still a no show she decided to get ahead of herself and go brush up on her knowledge of the campus and the Academy itself. She'd not had much time to pour over the prospectus before their swift introduction and then with the move she'd had no further time to read the contents. Seated on the couch with the plastic covered booklet she opened up and began to read the contents.

Arnaud would ignore the voices coming from Gil, Yumi, and after a while, Lucifer, Gil's partner. He ignored them, trying to pray and talk to his god. When he prayed, he spoke in his native language, and quite fluently. To those with the patience to stand the complex pronunciations, it was a beautifully-flowing language that sounded like a song whenever it was spoken. Especially with a voice like Arnaud's, deep and fluent. Arnaud, though, didn't find the appreciation in it. It was natural and orthodox to him.

His rosary dangled from his hands as he continuously prayed, his voice somewhat echoing in the bare room. When the prayer ended, he began a conversation with his god, in his native language, Kiecym. His voice would continuously rise and he would speak faster until he was rapidly yelling in Kiecym. His voice was filled with frustration and anger, not needing to speak Kiecym to know this. There was no way Mayumi couldn't hear him.

Lucifer glared at Gil as he was ushered out the room. He grabbed the small bag and left with Gil.

Once they left the apartment and had walked for a bit Lucifer began to speak. "she's kinda cute" Lucifer said, idly thinking back at the girls appearance. " But that guy making all the notice seemed boring" Lucifer added, referring to Arnauds praying. Whilst they kept walking back to where they lived Lucifer pulled out another apple and began to eat it.

Yumi could just make out Arnaud's voice through the wall's, even muffled it sounded pleasant to the ears. Of course when he started to yell she jumped, dropping the prospectus to the floor with a clatter. Glancing towards the hallway she leaned down and picked up the booklet, wondering if perhaps she should check on the man. He didn't sound like he was in pain, just angry and she was aware that that was likely her fault. She could hear his words better now, not that they made any sense but she got the feeling the language would be rather beautiful if it wasn't being shouted.

Hesitantly she got up from the couch and made her way back to the hallway, prospectus in hand and clutched to her chest as if it would offer a layer of protection from the anger that seemed to radiate from behind the door. If Arnaud kept yelling like that he might disturb the neighbours, though she wasn't entirely sure how well the place was sound proofed. Standing outside the door she rose her hand as if to knock but stopped before it came in contact with the wood. Surely he'd be even angrier with her if she interrupted his prayers, prayers were such a personal thing after all and religion was very important to people, so shouldn't she respect his?

After a long moment of hesitation she lowered her hand and moved over to the wall close to the bedroom door, carefully sitting down against it with her knees drawn up to rest the prospectus on. It was a strange feeling but it had been the same as when she was at school with him. Everyone needed someone on their side, to be there for them, to care, even if they wouldn't admit it to themselves it was still true, people couldn't function alone. While Arnaud had always treated her presence with either indifference or anger she'd always been nearby for him, even if he'd never cared to notice or spoken to her. Most people couldn't see the nice side of Arnaud but Yumi was certain it was there and even if she never saw it she'd keep waiting for it because she was certain it would be spectacular. For now though she'd sit here, waiting for him to finish his prayer's or to stop shouting them at least, yawning behind one hand she shook off the fatigue she felt and settled herself for a potentially long wait.

Arnaud continued his yelling in Kiecym, only heightening in volume as he progressed. And when things were just about to be worse, it all stopped. It was followed by a thud as Arnaud fell from his kneeling position to a bowing one, on his knees and elbows, with his forehead touching the ground. It was silent for a whole minute, but then he spoke. His voice was more calm, and almost pleading, and interrogative, by his tone. He was asking his god questions.

When the questions stopped, he sung a short prayer in Kiecym to his god in worship. It was fairly short, and when it was over, Arnaud stood and hung the rosary around his neck again, putting it under his robed clothing. He then would walk to the door, his boots clacking on the floor. He opened the door and sighed as he stepped out. A turn of the head would reveal Mayumi sitting next to his door. "What?," he asked. "What do you want, Mayumi?" His voice was similar to how he usually sounded, but there was something behind it that wasn't there before. "Well?"

Startled from a myriad of thoughts and memories held together by nostalgia and well wishes she glanced up from the sot her eyes had been intently staring at for a while. She blinked rapidly to clear the fog that was settling there and offered her usual warm smile. He sounded gruff, angry but there was something missing from his usual dismissive tone but she wasn't sure quite what. Slowly and carefully she moved, stretching her legs before pulling herself up off the floor. "I...I heard shouting and got worried." He'd not be thrilled about that she was sure, "So I thought I'd make sure you were okay but you seemed to be praying and I didn't think you'd like the intrusion so..." She looked a little sheepish and nervous, "I sort of...waited out here.... in case you needed me. Not that I'm saying you do or would but...just in case."

Hoping to diffuse the situation a little before he exploded she gestured towards the lounge and kitchenette, "I have a cake for you, it's really very nice. I don't think...I mean you might have but I don't think you've eaten and you really should." She was a little nervous but still rather relaxed despite his gruff nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.