Soul Eater: Legacy IC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Charley finished his and food That was good. Thank you again cat Charley then stood up and took his plates to the sink and washed them. Okay now just hold out your arm

Gil's eyes met Arnaud's, pretty much for the first time. He saw something tantalising strange in him. He was confident in his ability to map people based on their soul and emotions, and this one was so simple in his reactions that it was infinitesimally complex. "So what are you concerned with then" Gil questioned, a slight spark in his eyes as he saw Arnaud's soul quivir a little. This boy had a thing for orders it seemed. Although wether that was positive of not was to be decided.

Arnaud's reply was a simple, blunt, "I'm concerned with people getting in my way." Arnaud's eyes remained peering directly into Gil's. He noticed something. Gil seemed to not necessarily be looking at him. Rather, he was looking into him. He'd heard of people being able to look into the souls of others. Did Gil have this perception? It seemed so. Then Gil could analyze his entire being if he wanted to. Arnaud scowled and turned away, his robed clothing following him at a delay, almost majestically. He sighed and bowed his head, seething in his constant anger. "I'm not afraid of being brutal towards anyone, especially if they stand between me and my goals." Anyone, except his superiors, it seemed.

Gil tilted his head. "It's funny. You're like a combination of my meister and I. You seem to have trouble connecting with people emotionally which believe me I can understand, and have the same relentless driving force as my meister. However have you ever considered that the more dismissive and intolerant you are to people, the more problems you will cause for yourself? Surely you must see that even someone who is equal or inferior to you can still hinder you, irrespective of their position. And that it's far better
and more efficient to not cause these conflicts in the first place. Right?" He said, moving around the room as he did, still maintain a cheery attitude that now seemed more than a little false to Arnaud.

Arnaud sighed and turned back around to Gil, looking directly at him once more. "Look, Gil," he started. "I don't look for people, okay? People always come to me and around me and piss me off. I don't care about efficiency or convenience. If someone pisses me off, I'm going to get pissed off, and they better damn well take notice. A few fancy ass words aren't going to change that, alright?" Arnaud would run his fingers through his hair, grinding his teeth a little bit. "If everyone would just leave me alone and stay out of my way, it wouldn't be a problem anymore."

Gil burst into laughter. "So you think you can make it solo? What is your mission in life that you can accomplish alone with no interaction with anyone?" He inquiried, now thoroughly rivited

Arnaud was silent afterwards, not having a comeback right away. Of course he couldn't do this alone. but his instinct told him to be left alone and be pissed off at everyone if they got too close or spoke to him. He would also get pissed off if no one was around. He was just permanently pissed off. He'd always been like this, since birth perhaps. He's tried to change, but it obviously didn't work. The whole situation was frustrating, and it made him angry. "I can be tolerant of my Meister, at least. That doesn't mean she's my pal. She just pisses me off less than most people." Arnaud sighed after finally coming up with a feasible return.

"And you think that one meister and weapon combo can do everything? My point is that the position that if everyone leaves me alone, I will be ok doesn't really work out. Because other people need you. The entire Academy may need you in a cooperative defence effort someday, and no matter how hard you try, you won't be able to do it with that attitude. Believe me, I tried. In all honesty, I don't really like other people that much. It means I have to fake emotions to avoid being shunned which takes effort. But I recognise that I need to otherwise I will never succeed. And the quicker you manage that, the better off you will be" Gil concluded with a small but genuine smile.

Arnaud sighed as Gil spoke to him. Some part of him knew Gil was right, but Arnaud didn't think he could do it, nor bring himself to try. Still, Gil had a point, and he would keep that in mind. "I see," is all he said, sighing and turning away a little bit. A part of Arnaud didn't want to be constantly cold and pissed off, but another part didn't want to stop. He was torn with what Gil was telling him. Mayumi had told him similar things before, but he dismissed it. But now, his innate obedience to superiors forced him to take Gil's advice into consideration. He didn't know what to do. He didn't know anything other than anger and hate.

Gil saw the kid's soul, twisting and flexing, attempting to conform and accept these proposals throw before it. Yet it always fluxed back into the same position. It was pinned there by deep raw emotions that weren't going to be solved right now. Gil moved on. "So what's your weapon form then? " he asked, switching the subject

Lucifer was getting annoyed now. He could hear the two happily talking in the apartment and he could smell food. Pumpkin. Maybe pumpkin curry, he thought sniffing bit more. He hated being ignored to say the least, and he let is impatience get the best of him.

Lucifer let of a small blast of his soul energy through out the building. All it did was cause a few lights to flicker in the apartments. Unless you could sense soul wavelengths, then you could feel the power running through you.

He then knocked on the door again. This time a bit harder. "if I don't get a reply this time I will break the door down" he said to himself

It only took Yumi ten minutes to get to the cafe, afternoons were often the busiest as they caught the 'rush hour' traffic, people coming from work or school or heading off for their weekends. It was a nice place, situated on the corner of the avenue, a black canopy unrolled during the summer months and frosted black glass tables with black wicker effect chairs. The name written on the glass 'The Black Cat Cafe' in italicized hand writing with a picture of their mascot, a black cat with a crooked tail, beneath. Opening the door a bell chimed quaintly and Cristoff looked up from the till looking more than a little frazzled but smiling none the less at her arrival, mouthing a silent thank you to her as she dashed to the ladies room in the back.

She quickly changed into the uniform of the cafe, black blouse, black pencil skirt, knee length as they were respectable here, white barista's apron, the kind that tied at the waist with a pocket in front for note book and pen, she put her hair up into a high ponytail and slipped on the clip in fluffy black cat ears. When satisfied she looked smart enough she folded her other clothes and stuck them in a locker, depositing the key into her pocket and making her way back to the front of the shop. Usually Karen would be working this shift but she'd come down sick with something and couldn't make it in, Marie was on holiday and Angela was unreachable. She could see that poor Cristoff honestly needed the help, trying to manage the till, the preparation of the food and drinks and serving.

He rather obviously breathed a sigh of relief and nodded to a pair of trays on the counter, calling out their table number and uttering asking what it was he had interrupted, "Oh I was just moving into my new apartment and a nice man from the academy came by to answer any questions I might have had." Cristoff looked dumbstruck and she couldn't help but giggle faintly as she lifted the trays. "I'm so sorry, you should have said I would have managed by myself." Glancing around the cafe they both realised that wasn't quite true, not, at least, if he wanted his sanity in tact after. "It's okay, hopefully I'll see him at school." She said with that reassuring smile of hers, even if she didn't there would be tutors to speak with and other pupils too no doubt.

What followed was an hour of serving their home made pastries both savoury and sweet, along with their coffee, tea and other beverages to a seemingly never ending throng of customers. Once the crowd had thinned out they were able to get on top of the cleaning and Cristoff, flipped the sign to state they were closed. They made quick work of tidying up, cleaning the tables and putting the various dirties in the dishwasher before cleaning down the machines and finally sweeping then mopping the floors. Heading out of the locker room with her uniform under her arm she was greeted by Cristoff holding one of their take away boxes, a black cube with two handles and a length of silver ribbon tied in a bow. "If you hurry back that guy might still be there right? Share these with him as my way of apology. Thanks for all your help today." Yumi thanked him and gave him a quick hug before she left the shop with a chirpy goodbye and made her way back to the apartment.

Part of her had the strangest urge to knock on the door of her own apartment, fighting that urge she let herself in and slipped into her room to put away her uniform. Coming back out of her room with the box in hand she timidly made her way to the living room, it was unlikely the man would still be there right? If Arnaud's hostile nature hadn't driven him away he probably had other students to see. She idly wondered what kind of mood Arnaud himself would be in upon her return, especially since she'd run out so quickly. "I-I'm back." She timidly announced.

Gil stood in the kitchen alone. "Your partner just left to pray again" he explained. "Now I believe you had questions?"

(Sorry for short replies im on mobile) @MotherOfCthulhu

Cat wiped her hands off on a towel about to see what her partner's for looked like, when she sensed a soul wavelength outside the door. 'Why had I not noticed it before?' She thought to herself as she walked to the door as it was being knocked on harshly. "Okay okay." She called out before she reached the door. The little red head opened the door her storm grey eyes landing on the irritated man in her doorway. "May I help you with something?" She asked politely as she held the door open with one hand she could sense her partner standing behind her. She gave a gentle smile filled with some curiosity.

Lucifer took another bite out of the apple as the door began to open. finally, he thought to himself. He looked the girl up and down, then his cold grey eyes met hers. He cleared his throat a little before speaking "Yeah, my name is Lucifer" He stated, standing up from the wall. "I have been ordered to check up on the new students at the academy." he informed her as he walked closer to her. He was a bit taller than the girl, and had a well built frame. "So do you have any questions?" he asked. Unlike Gil, Lucifer had no intent of being formal. He didn't even want to do this job.

Charley just looked at the man who just walked in his new home "oh hello" Charley then looked at cat "you didn't tell me we were going to have guests"

Last edited by a moderator:
"I didn't know either Charley." She said looking over her shoulder at him. "My name is Catarina and behind me is my partner Charley. I do not have any questions so far. My parents already told me all about this place..." She trailed off thinking of her parents and how proud they were that she had gotten that letter. She really didn't want to disappoint them. She looked back at the man called Lucifer now with a slightly forced smile on her face.

"Good cause it's not like I could help anyway" he huffed as he turned before he left. Before he did he turned and launched the apple core into their apartment. It landed neatly in a bin in their apartment. "Thanks" he simply said as he walked off again. Glad he didn't have to talk for them for long, they seemed boring anyway.

After he left the building he looked up at the sky. The sun was going down now. He pulled out his phone and texted Gil, as he walked down one of the streets. Finished, i'm picking up food now was what it said. Lucifer put his phone away as he entered one of the supermarkets. It took him a few minutes but he got what he wanted then headed back to his house. The house he lived in was quite big an spacious. He opened the door, took of his shoes and entered the kitchen. He soon started to cook up the meal.

She had to admit she was surprised to see Gil alone in the kitchen, it was kind of strange but also rude. Not of Gil but of Arnaud to just up and leave a guest. "I am sorry he left you hear alone. My boss gave me these to share with you both." She set the container down and opened it up, "There is apple puffs, they're really delicious." She said with ah int of pride, flaky puff pastry with a crisp top layer and soft fluffy under layer, drizzled with sugar crystals. The inside had a think home made chunky apple jam which was left completely unsweetened so the natural flavours of the food could speak for themselves. Finding a plate and a cake slice she served one up and put the kettle on to boil while she looked for some mugs. "I do have quite a few questions, please forgive me if any sound stupid. I honestly didn't' think I'd get in but when the invitation came the Sisters said I should apply." Blushing faintly she shook her head and put the mugs on the counter, "Sorry, I digress..sugar?" Once she had an idea of hoe Gil liked his tea she began fixing it for him as well as her own. "My first question is what are the class schedules like? I mean, do we have to attend every lesson through out the school or do we select specialties or have them selected for us?"

Gil smiled and thanked her for the refreshments. It had been a while since he had last eaten anything that tasted pleasurable. He took a bite before turning back to address her question. " There is a rough timetable that we suggest you follow" He informed her "You can always 'skip' lessons to train or to take a specific study course in an area you are finding difficult but we do request that you meet the quota of 10 classes per week for your first semester at least. Each class only lasts around an hour anyways, so to fufill the request you don't have to use that much time" He continued, stopping for a sip of tea. "Anything else?" He asked

@MotherOfCthulhu

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.