Soul Eater: Dark Reach

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was then that the doors burst open again and everything seemed to fall silent for just a split second. Delynnaria shot her eyes over at the person entering and could see Lord Death doing the same thing. She felt the girl as she entered and her mind began to swim. Lord Death then lowered his gaze onto Delynnaria and she just seemed to pout. Delynnaria and Lord Death then began to somehow communicate with each other as that is what it seemed like. To outsiders it would look like a one way conversation or just Delynnaria spazzing out as she sighed and shrugged. She finally gave up and waved Lord Death off. A spark of annoyance seemed to spray across Lord Death's mask and Delynnaria squeaked.

She then turned towards the other two "Oh, Sorry.. Its nice to meet you both but I now have to keep myself from dying a very young death." She said as if it was normal. She then watched Lord Death as she walked across the room and towards the girl that had just entered. Once she had to girl in her sights she walked up to her "Hey, I saw you barge in earlier. I have to say... not a very smart way to go into a place. Attracts to much attention." She said before glancing back at Lord Death. She could see that although he wasnt looking at her she could still feel those... dark and empty eye holes staring out at her. She shivered slightly "Oh, So.. Im Delynnaria and you must be a Meister." She said without taking a breath. It was then that another person walked up and she turned to look at him. "Oh, hello." She said to the boy.

(Didn't want to leave you out Andy so I deleted my post that I did just before you posted yourself.)

@Andy

"Oh that's fi-...wait what ?" Josh asked before his eyes were set on where everyone else was looking at the new student coming in loudly through the door. Yes rockelle came in a little loudly through the doors but not like that! Josh chuckled and smiled watching the new girl, delynnaria and a guy off to the side all interact and chat with one another.

"This day just gets crazier and crazier doesn't it ?" Josh smirks and smiles before turning back to rockelle with a kind smile "ah well. We'll all be students here so I suppose we'll get used to it won't we ?" He smiles taking another quick glance back before going back to rockelle and returning to their topic.

Reactions: ≈Evërlastiπg≈
Meister, purple
Realizing she attracted much more attention than she wanted, Kiari suddenly ducks her head hoping nobody sees her blushing beneath her hat. She could feel the other students, and even Lord Death's eyes on her. 'Great...You really blew it this time Kiari...' She mentally chided herself before a feminine voice interrupted her thoughts. Looking up she nervously rubs the back of her neck. "Ya....I was late so I was just focused on getting here." Her tone is embarrassed but friendly, her voice is warm and smooth like a fall night.

At the mention of her being a Meister Ki opens her mouth to respond but suddenly a boy approaches her as well, though his was more shy, and much more cute in her opinion. She smiles slightly at him "Hello, its nice to meet both of you. I'm Kiari, a Meister. Sorry for my sudden....Entrance." Her amethyst eyes go from the boy to the girl, she suddenly has a bad feeling about this, 'Are they both gonna ask me to be their Meister?'

He swallows hard and looks at Kiari she seemed decent enough and she seemed powerful as well. Did she already have a partner? Only one way to find out "its uh..nice to meet you Kiari like I said I'm Jason and..I understand if you don't want to but I wanted to know if maybe you wanted to see if our souls matched or not..it's cool if you don't want to or if you already have a partner I understand.." god I must sound like an idiot!! He thought to himself. I'm just rambling on and on hoping I make sense..

Last edited:
Delynnaria stood and waited for the boy to finish speaking before sighing 'Well, There goes my chance..' She thought inside of her head but decided to keep trying anyway. She shook her head and waited "Well, When he is finished we could try as well then. There is something about you.. I can tell a lot about a person and honestly.. I think you are the only one in this room that can handle my wavelength." She said and didn't interfere with Josh talking to her. "Oh, And don't worry about your entrance. Lord Death actually guided me in your direction so.. I do not think he is angry with you." She said to her before standing quietly.

"Resonating? Well maybe we could try bu-THE HELL!" She jumped as someone burst in before taking a shyer approach. In the midst of it all another girl walked up, she seemed to be trying to initiate conversation but she also seemed a bit put off. However, Rockelle was nice and tried to talk to her a bit but so much happened that eventually Josh moved conversation but to their old topic.

"We'll chat later then." She told her.

"Oh right, um resonating. We can try it but..." She looked around at the crowded room, if this went bad she didn't want anyone getting hurt. "Maybe outside would be better?" She smiled, determined not to let him see her hesitation.

In depth, the last year's resonating even had started off as well as any other. Rockelle had found a girl she had liked and they decided to try working together. Hand in hand, they began to connect, but it wasn't working right, Rockelle's soul didn't want to equally meld with the girls and in the end they both ended up with burns up their arms. The girl hadn't talked to her since so Rockelle was back a year than she should have been.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Outside ? Sure" Josh smiled and nodded walking out of the room but letting rockelle out the door first as they moved through the halls towards the outside "so rockelle. Have you tried resonating before ? I sense you may have but...bah. Never mind that. I'm just rambling on assumptions" he smiles kindly to her and in a resurring way too. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable with the resonating session they were about to try and help her in any way possible.

As they reached the outside they were met with the afternoon sun as it looked down on them "this courtyard always seems to get bigger the more I see it" he thinks to himself as he looks to the side to rockelle. He smiles and nods standing apart from her "take your time if you need to, we have all day to practice" Josh smiled and held out his hand in a calm and kind gesture. Josh had rarely used his full weapon form but now if things played right, he would have more and use from it and so would rockelle too as a meister of the academy.

Last edited:
Meister, purple
Ki's reaction to 2 weapons asking to test if they were compatible or not was rather comical. Her head whipped back and forth between Jason and Delynnaria, her nervousness amping up by the second. "Uh s-sure, but I have to warn you both. My wavelength is....More intense then most." She didnt want to end up hurting either one of them so she thought it was fair to warn them first. She didnt mention her being half weapon, it didnt seem relevant right now....And she didnt want to be viewed as a freak or anything.

"How about we all go outside? In case anything....Bad happens, I dont want somebody else getting hurt in the crossfire." She asks hesitantly, her hands stuffed into her pockets. 'I wonder which, or if either of them can connect with me....I hope this doesnt go wrong...'

Delynnaria looked at the girl with a smile 'A strong wavelength... Oh, That is wonderful.. Lord Death knew immediately... that bastard..' She said in her head before glaring back at Lord Death. Lord Death didn't stop looking at her until she herself looked away and shivered. She then turned her attention fully back to Kiari. "Well, I honestly think that is wonderful. My own soul is uh... unique to say the least and I really need someone who can fight back against it. Lord Death wouldn't let me take a partner unless he was sure this was possible. So... I really want to see if this works.. Maybe Finally someone can beat back my annoying wavelength." She said with obvious happiness in her voice.

Without really asking she took Kiari's hand and they both could feel a shock as she then grabbed Jason's hand with her other. He didn't feel anything at all. She led them both outside before stopping just out in the courtyard. She saw the other two from before and she just glanced over at them. She could feel her soul fluctuating but kept it under control with the techniques stein had taught her. "Okay, Well.. Who do you want to try resonating with first?" She asked.

Last edited:
(@CrimsonHorizons if you keep refferring to me my guys name is Jason not Josh)

Jason looks at Delynnaria and frowns a bit he wasn't about to let her steal Kiari from him "hold on wait for me your not leaving me out of this" he hurries after the two following them outside. He was more then a little annoyed with Delynnaria with this whole thing. It rubbed him the wrong way as if she was making a claim he wasn't worth the time and she was more powerful then he was "besides I asked Kiari first it's only fair me and her get to test ourselves to see if our souls match first"

Last edited:
Delynnaria looked at Jason and held her hands up with a big smirk on her face "Woah! Calm down there hombre!" She said teasingly. "Well, I believe I was there first.... But! I can easily accommodate you testing to see if you resonate first. I honestly do not require a Meister to fight but Lord Death wishes for me to get one because of the issues regarding my- Oh, I almost disclosed something I really shouldn't have." She said before putting a hand up to her mouth. She then shrugged "Well, No harm done then. Nothing was said... and you two didn't hear anything even remotely like I was about to accidentally say anything." She said before standing idly off to the side a few steps away.

Jason sighs and rubs his eyes now he felt like an ass. "Sorry..I just..I've wanted to be a part of the academy for as long as I can remember and I'm not very good at first impressions.." he looks at her and gives a small smile "seriously I'm sorry I don't mean to come off like a jack ass."

Last edited:
Meister, purple
"Ehh?" Suddenly Kiari was being half dragged outside by Lynn along with Jason. 'Well shes....Persuasive.' She couldnt help but smile though, glad that not 1 but 2 weapons wanted her to be their Meisters, even if it did leave her in a bit of a "pickle". As the 2 weapons started to kinda bicker over her once they were outside, Kiari waved her hands in a helpless gesture.

"Ahh please dont fight, I'll resonate with both of you so please be patient." She asks gently before Lynn apologized to Jason, almost spilling some kind of secret in the process. At her reaction to her own slip up Ki giggles lightly. "No worries, we all have our secrets. Okay I'll resonate with Jason first." And with that she took the boys hand and led him a couple feet away from Delynnaria so she wouldnt get hurt if something went wrong. Stopping she turns to Jason, her nervousness back full bore. "Alright, you ready?" Her amethyst eyes meet his blue ones as she holds out her hands for him to take

He looks at Kiari and let's her gently pull him a safe distance from Delynnaria. Please..please let out souls be compatible. He looked back down into her eyes and nodded slowly as he gave her both of his hands. He gave her a soft smile something told him this was going to work but..he wasn't going to get too excited yet cause anything could happen to change that feeling "I'm ready whenever you are Kiari we'll take this nice and slow..I don't mean to jump to conclusions but I have a good feeling about this"

Meister/Weapon, purple
Nodding Ki smiles at him "Me too, okay lets give it a go." With that she closes her eyes, taking deep, even breaths as her wavelength tries to match with Jason's. Her wavelength is different than most due to her being half-weapon, but it seemed to be matching with Jason pretty well. Though it was far from perfect, but getting a perfect Soul Resonance on the first try was nearly impossible. For a moment Kiari lost focus, causing her wavelength to do a kind of backlash, where their hands were connected a shock runs through. It wasnt a big shock, but enough to make her eyes snap back open.

"Sorry sorry! That was my fault....But I think we did it....Do you?" She quickly apologizes, but a small grin comes to her lips at the end as she asks Jason nervously

Meister, green
Lex had been staying apart from all the rest of the Weapons and Meisters, kinda hidden in the shadows as he scoped out the fresh meat for any with a strong enough wavelength to endure his. He would try and mingle, but his wavelength was so feral that most of the time it just scared people off. Suddenly, Lord Death appears beside him, causing him to halfway jump out of his pants. "Gahh! Dont do that!" He snaps at Death, trying to slow his now racing heart.

Lord Death chuckles "What are you doing sitting here in the shadows, Lex? I though you were itching for a partner." His pitch black eyes peer down at Lex. Rubbing the back of his head he looks away. "I am....But it doesnt look like anyone here can take my wavelength....Again." He half mumbles, his hands stuffed into his hoody pockets. Death shakes his head "No no! We have some promising candidates this year!" Pointing with his massive white hand toward 2 girls and 1 boy heading outside, Death suddenly shoves Lex forward toward them. "Go go!" He urges Lex to check out the 3 now outside.

Raising an eyebrow he sighs before stalking over toward the doors. "I'm going, I'm going." Right before he opened the door, Lex suddenly got an idea. Grinning beneath his mask covering half of his face, he takes a detour.

As the purple haired chick leaves with the boy to test their wavelengths, Lex peers down at the white haired girl from where he sat on a ledge about 20 ft above them. 'She does seem to have a strong wavelength...Though it has a....Unique feeling to it...' Deciding it was time to make his move, Lex stands up before diving head first toward the ground. Right as it seems he would smash onto the ground, he stops, now upside down with his head level with the white haired girls. Lex had used a long black chain to stop his descent, having wrapped it around a stone pillar where he had been sitting a moment ago, he was holding the other end with his hands. His position now looks very similar to spider man when he hangs upside down.

His emerald green eyes meet Delynnaria's. "Hey there, would you like to test our wavelengths?" His tone is nonchalant, like he wasnt hanging upside down in front of a stranger. Or that Lex just made a 20ft plummet to what seemed like his death a moment ago. His voice is deep and husky

Last edited:
Weapon/Witch, SkyBlue
225354-bigthumbnail.jpg

(Changing Delynnaria's appearance to this as it originally was.)

Delynnaria looked at the two when the resonated with each other "Well, I am happy for you two... Uhm.. What to do N-AHHHHHH" She screamed and nearly sliced the boy's head off when he descended behind her. Lord Death glanced over and saw Delynnaria's eyes flash for a split second which was a warning sign of her magic spikeing. Lord Death stood where he was but kept watching. "Do not scare me! Trust me.. you wont like the consequences.." She said before composing herself. She grumbled slightly "Oh, Well... I am Delynnaria by the way.. I guess you and I should try to resonate with each other.. I swear if you freak me out again I will brutally destroy every fiber of your being." She said to him with a very serious tone in her voice. Her eyes seemed tor return to normal and she mumbled to herself.

"So, Lets go spider man. I think it times for you to step down so we can do this." She said before walking around him as if she was checking out a piece of meat. "Well, You are kinda... Blah.." she said to him. She then stopped and raised herself up on her tip toes before going back down. She giggled "Well, You aren't much but..... I say alright." She said to tease him. She was playing hard to get and kinda enjoyed it for once. "Well, Come on then." She said and held her hand out and was ready to changed into her chainblade.

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
Jason gave a slight jerk at the shock but didn't seem to mind too much. He was just happy he had found a partner. Yeah their resonance hadnt been perfect bit no ones at first was they just needed a littke more time ro peactice and they'd be a great team. He looked at Kiari again and smiled as he nodded he then reed his hand out to her again "I think do too with a little more practice we'l be a perfect team so what do you say..partner?"

"Outside ? Sure" Josh smiled and nodded walking out of the room but letting rockelle out the door first as they moved through the halls towards the outside "so rockelle. Have you tried resonating before ? I sense you may have but...bah. Never mind that. I'm just rambling on assumptions" he smiles kindly to her and in a resurring way too. He wanted to make sure she was comfortable with the resonating session they were about to try and help her in any way possible.

As they reached the outside they were met with the afternoon sun as it looked down on them "this courtyard always seems to get bigger the more I see it" he thinks to himself as he looks to the side to rockelle. He smiles and nods standing apart from her "take your time if you need to, we have all day to practice" Josh smiled and held out his hand in a calm and kind gesture. Josh had rarely used his full weapon form but now if things played right, he would have more and use from it and so would rockelle too as a meister of the academy.
As they walked outside, Rockelle pushed down her anxiousness and replaced it with a pep in her step. This was year. Her year. When he spoke, she looked back to him.

"Yeah, I've done it, didn't go too well though." She said honestly, trying to make it seem like it was not a big deal.

The courtyard was bright and cheerful and the sun felt warm. She breathed in the air and looked at Josh, who stood, hand out, waiting for her. She looked around, finding that the courtyard was empty for the most part. She took his hand, hoping her own wasn't clammy.

"Don't you worry about me. I'll be fine." She gave him a big smile and closed her eyes.

Rockelle's soul was gigantic and wild like her hair. It had a white glow to it and it appeared rock solid save for a few places that seemed more delicate than other. Her soul was like a fast beating heart, pumping out energy like it was going out of style.

((sorry I've been away but I'll be around more now))

"Alright, let's see how we go" Josh smiles as their hands connected and their souls were soon shared. Josh saw the soul that rockelle had. Wild, fast and very energetic from what he felt and saw. He had seen many souls in his time when trying to find a meister in the past. Some filled with happiness, others with hate and anger but rockelle was the first in the amount of souls he had seen in his time. However this wouldn't stop him from resonating. Josh stated before he could adapt to soul types and he focused on rockelle's soul.

As rockelle could see from Josh's own soul, it was a calm dark blue colour, beating to his heart and mind while the size was quite large but not too big. While it may seem odd, this soul had many possibilities that rockelle might find interesting or useful as they work together.

Josh on the outside became enveloped in light before transforming into his weapon form and resting soundly in rockelle's hand. With his form being a longsword, many would think he'd be heavy but as Meisters use their weapons, even the heaviest looking of weapons could become light as feathers for their Meisters.

(It's no problem ^^)

Rockelle could feel Josh's skin turning to metal in her palm but it wasn't cold or even heavy. They sword was like a claymore but was weighted well.

"Alright." She murmured. "Here we go."

Their souls began to reach out towards each other. In the past, Rockelle's soul would be too forceful and would practically absorb the other soul, in which the soul would respond with retaliation. In her year of practice, she learned to control her wavelength so that she moved slower. If one could see her soul, it was quite comical, the way it tried to calm down, much like a big dog trying to be careful on thin ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.