Sophismata

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Pirogeth

Original poster
[align=center]Sophismata[/align]

In downtown Tokyo, on a street mildly populated by high school kids back on their way home and adults coming home from jobs, there exists a three story building. On the first floor of this building are many windows looking straight into an presumably empty room. If one were to take a closer look many boxes are laying around the place as the employees start putting things up. It is the coming of a new café and with it many stories to tell.

The place is called Café Sententia and things are about to get started.

Chapter 1: Welcoming Tea

Well the café is just moving in and getting things ready. Hopefully their big day will be a blast but only participants will be able to decide that. Here is the cast list we will require. You of course can add your own quirks to your characters.

Manager: Somni (Pirogeth)

Cashier/Assistant Manager: Kaoru (Megane)

Chef: Rantsuki Tusbame (Kitti)

Waiter/Waitress 1: Umaino, Ame (Diana)

Waiter/Waitress 2: Jun Wakahisa (Inky Poet)

I will be taking whatever is left over. Now for the character sheets.

Name:

Appearance:

Job:

Personality:

History:

I am taking a waitress and her name is Ame Umaino (Umaino, Ame). >:D I'll have a bio up in a bit.

Character Name: Umaino, Ame (Meaning: Delicious Rain or Clever Candy. No, it doesn't make sense.)
Job/Role: Student/Working in Cafe

General Appearance: Black wavy hair with ragged cut bangs, navy blue eyes, 5'5". Has taken to shopping at vintage and used clothing stores for her totally stylish wardrobe!
Current Goal/Purpose: Make enough money to see to ALL of Takeshi Tetsuhara's concerts! Aiieee!
General Personality: Ame is a friendly individual at least most of the time. Prone to temper tantrums and bouts of insane fangirlism, occasionally that out-going nice-girl personality looks a little more insane! She has tendencies to be a little self-absorbed with her own problems, so don't go looking to her for advice or comforting. But, if you need someone beaten up or rescued, she's happy to oblige! What Ame wants, she works really hard to try and get - even if what she wants is totally out of her league. Her obsession with Takeshi Tetsuhara borders on stalking!
General History:
Originally from Osaka, it's a surprise to anyone that Ame hasn't been born and bred in Tokyo. She's a total city-girl, who is up on the latest trends, fashions and what's popular. Her father is a wealthy man, owning the family fishing business while his wife tends to the household. Deciding that he was bored with country life, he moved his family to Tokyo.

Presently, Ame's doing everything she can to see Takeshi Tetsuhara in concert. Every concert. She needs to. She HAS to. Because eventually he is going to see her in the crowd and they'll fall in love, get married and be happy forever!

Name: Rantsuki (Orchid moon), Tsubame (Swallow, as in th bird.)

Appearance:
NormalBlackGirl40.jpg

Tends towards wearing light colored clothing, often dresses with darker trim matched with white boots. Her favorite outfit is a pale pink dress with emerald green trim. Her hair is incredibly long, having never received a major haircut. Black with a strange pink tint in certain lightings, she considers it her best feature. Her eyes are a hazel mixture of green and brown, reflecting her mixed parentage. Still, with a short mother, Tsubame stands at five feet six inches in height.
Job:
Chef

Personality:
Light-hearted and sweet, Tsubame is gentle to a fault and Umaino-chan has already made her cry once or twice. Despite her own weak character, Tsubame is very determined when someone asks something of her and will go to any means to achieve her objective.

History:
Tsubame's father was a businessman in Yokohama, the Kanagawa prefecture, when he met he mother. A kind man with large heart, he made money in his company by treating everyone with open-minded fairness. When he met the lovely English actress, with her jade green eyes and pointed features, he thought her stunningly beautiful and was nervous to speak to her despite her being a client. The woman was fiery, nice only in a tempermental fashion but he loved her.

The pair began a liason, which was frowned upon since she was a client. It ended badly when Miss Lillia discovered she was pregnant. Rantsuki took her to the best doctors, exhausting much money on her care but in the end she left him to go back to England, lamenting her figure.

Since then, Tsubame has never seen her mother and stayed with her warm and pleasant father her entire life. He encouraged her to pursue her dreams, never failing to support her.

Tsubame left home at eighteen to get a job in the culinary field and was lucky enough to find that the cafe here was hiring.

Once Miru gets in his character I will proceed to enter in mine and include an NPC for the last position. While we keep moving along and the cafe becomes more popular then maybe I could see about including a few more jobs and who knows, maybe by then we will have some people who will want to join in.

You still open for people to join

Actually I believe all the spots are now in reserved mode...if anyone drops out or we introduce new jobs in the future then I can pm you.

Name: Jun "obidiant" Wakahisa :Means "forever young" from the Japanese waka "young" and hisa "longevity, ancient

Appearance:
2507551354_6436845692.jpg

Job: Waitress

Personality: Very shy and very loyal. She never talks back, she takes oders and is willing to work very hard no matter what. She loved to make others like by being willing to do even horrible meaningless tasks that no one else will do.

History: She is from a family that had enough money when their father was alive but since he died her older brothers have moved back home with their wives and snotty kids, to take care of their aging mother. Jun has been forced to sleeping in the families living room, lossing her bed to her brothers kids. They show her little to no respect and cant wait for her to get married and move out.

Jun didnt get to go to school since the family spent all the money on her two older brothers. They treathed her like a slave and to his day ask more of her then is really should. Jun loves to work and sometimes sleeps in the backroom hoping she wont be found.

She is very kind and only wants to please people, its the only way that see feels she is worth something.

(since when did this become open to the public? o.o;)

oh wait... am i not supposed to be here? never mind it much then.. ^_^;

Alright let me straighten things out.

This has always been a public OOC I just invited the people who I thought would most enjoy it. Inky Poet was invited by Diana/me. I sent a pm not knowing if Diana sent one as well. Finally Megane you can join in the only thing I ask is that the character is a guy. I believe three girl characters is enough for the cast. Nothing against you girls I just don't want my character being the lone guy in the story.

Continuing on, the IC will be set up later today. Hopefully Megane will have a character in by then. I'll be working on my character throughout the day as well. If you have anymore questions about this particular RP and how it will be run please drop me a PM or visitor message.

Writing in the Moonlight,

~Pirogeth

Name: Kaoru Watanabe

Appearance:
hattori.jpg

And yes, he looks young for his age.

Job: Cashier/Assistant Manager

Personality:
A friendly and pretty laid-back fellow, he can have a short temper at times, especially in stressful situations. People find him easy to open up to, because of his sincerity and open-mindedness. He can be self-absorbed at times, and has a tendency to convert conversations to conversations related to himself.

Despite of calling himself jaded and all, he's pretty much naive, and this shows at the most inopportune times.

History:
A college undergraduate from a third-world country, he got to Japan through his father, who was Japanese. Things didn't work out so well with his father and thus he ran away. Before getting into Sophismata, he worked on various odd jobs just to make a living.

Name: Somni Mikaa (Original name Somni Michaels)

Appearance:
bvc-128.jpg

Job: Café Manager

Personality: He is a usually well liked and kind hearted person. He takes the concerns of those he hires to heart. The things that trouble him most are situations that he cannot talk his way out of.

History: Somni was born in Japan. His name came from his father’s Latin English heritage. The word is from the Latin word Somnio which means to dream. At the age of five they moved back to England taking his father’s last name. There he was taught his basic knowledge accelerating in organization and math.

Somni soon went to business school to learn how to manage his own shop. He always dreamed of owning a place where he can live up to how his father expected him to be. However, his father never did get to see him accomplish his dream. When Somni was just 24 his father died due to an accident on the highway. The cars were completely totaled and nobody survived.

With his greatest idol in his life dead his Japanese mother offered to take him back to Japan. It was only a month after the funeral did they depart back to Japan. There Somni worked for a factory that manufactured large parts for car machinery. After his tenth year working there Somni finally got enough money to purchase a small store on one of the various streets of Tokyo. It was right in between the schools and residential area so he thought he would make a café.

At the age of 37 and only two days before 38 he sealed the deal on the café and started to order his supplies. As soon as the help wanted sign went up applications flocked in. So far a good start to the business he dreamed of.

-----------------------

Alright I'll have the IC up soon.

Alright the IC is up. Now I know a lot of you may be confused about what to do for the first post. Well pretty much, as you seen from the post, there is a lot of cleaning that has to be done yet. Pretty much it is a pick your task thing, first come first serve.

We will need these done:

-Floor swept and mopped
-Tables cleaned (all of it)
-Windows Cleaned
-Kitchen Cleaned (sweep, mop, steralize cooking equipment in boxes)
-Set up the supplies on the tables as well as supplies behind the counter
-Grand opening is tomorrow so make sure everything is working. (anything automated)

Alright there are the set amount of tasks. If you have anything else you can think of feel free to put it in your post. And you can add your own troubles in just so long as they aren't like OMGdisastermaster things. (You can pm me those and I'll think about it.) So have at it!

Hells yeah. >:D Time to party! ...er... clean!

Alright I have been seeing a common trend and I think it is a good point to start off on. I wanted to have something like life lessons in this RP so here is the first, loyalty.

Find the way you want to work it into your character dialogue. As for me I think I'll do some inner monologue stuff along with talking with other characters. I'm sure each of our characters have someone who they would be loyal to as well as feel well about broadcasting their thoughts on it.

Remember style is free flowing so work that in any way you want.

Thanks for clearing that up for me Pirogeth. That means a lot since I didnt realize it would be an issue. So thanks and I hope to post soon. I can also withdraw if thats best. Just please let me know. I dont want to be in a place where Im not welcomed.

Not sure exactly what I cleared up but hey I'm happy to have my current RP'rs around. When we do get to chapter two hopefully you guys will think up other positions that the cafe might need and we can invite more. (Although with the current plans I have I think the staff we have now is perfect. The only thing we need is an entertainer and that will get set up in the prologue to chapter 2.)

If you are wondering how these chapters will work out in time scale inside the story think of it this way. The first chapter is the opening of the store, of course after it opens we aren't going to have another problem right away. Instead we will most likely have the next chapter in whatever season it is in real life. So let's say we get chapter 1 done right before December. We'll have chapter 2 be sometime around Christmas and then work in things there.

Hope you guys like the structure I got planned and hopefully we can get through chapter 1 by December.

Writing in the Moonlight,

~Pirogeth

Status
Not open for further replies.