ソードアート・オンライン : Sword Art Online RP [Closed]

Magic Description:

Lets start with the language of the humans that inhabit Aetherblade Online. The spoken language was made to be identical to Japanese, to reduce incompatibilities between players and surroundings. The written language is split into two parts - complex script and simple script. Simple script is a set of 48 characters used to write all the words of the spoken language, and is similar to katakana, with slight differences in character shaping. Complex script is more like Kanji, though each concept has a single character designated to it, rather than the combination of characters that can often occur, and like simple script, complex script characters have been altered slightly too. This is to make it easy for all players to write normally to AI NPCs etc, and for mages and others who have to use complex to be able to remember a lot of characters. As with all things, practice makes the knowledge of characters become force of habit, so increasing casting speed. There is a character for pretty much every concept under the sun.

Now, for the magic. It is simplest to view the use of magic much like the way one would code a computer. We'll use the example of a fireball spell.

The caster would start with the character for FIRE, which they would imagine in their head, or draw in the air. It doesn't matter which. Some imagine and some prefer to draw, not trusting their imagination to get all the details.
Now, this character alone will do nothing as it has nothing to command what the fire does.
At this point, the caster adds the character for "PROJECTILE" which now means that the two characters alone would form a small amount of fire that would fly in the aimed direction.
Next, the caster adds the characters for "COLLISION", "EXPLOSION" and "FIRE" (for a second time) which is responsible for making the fireball EXPLODE with FIRE upon COLLISION with a solid.
There are many modifiers that could be added to change effects. Perhaps the caster wants to make it a mortar spell. They add "GRAVITY" which means that the fireball will fall towards the ground, and should be thrown more like a ball than a slightshot.
The caster finishes by using one of 5 elemental Master Characters, which does a number of things. First, it tells the Magical Spirit Aura that the spell has finished being coded and is ready to be fired at the target. Any new characters imagined will start a new spell. Secondly, it determines the dominant part of the spell. This is pointless in single element spells, but in complex things like a fire tornado spell, it is more important. If the master elemental character for FIRE is used, then the fire aspect of the tornado will be focused on, so the tornado will do high damage but have low speed and radius. If WIND master elemental character is used, then it will do low damage but have a high speed and radius. Finally, it determines spell mana cost. A mage can be naturally talented at one particular element, no more, no less. This is generated the moment they enter the world for the first time. A fire adept will have lower mana costs for using fire master seal spells than earth, wind, etc spells, though they can still use all spells.
The 5 elemental seals are
FIRE
EARTH
WATER
AIR
SPIRIT - spirit is a rare one, few are gifted with it, and it is the control over the mind and immaterial planes. Basically, it's responsible for Esper and Void magics. The power used to convert the minds of the players was using spirit magic, so if it's so rare, you can all imagine how many staff members they had to try to get 21 of them :P

An addition to the magic system:

High power mages are able to cast spells using their "True Sign", in which, the caster does not have to imagine each aspect, and can imagine a single character, called the spell's True Sign. In order to be able to do this though, the user must fully understand what the sign means and stands for. A mage cannot cast a fireball simply by imagining the character that describes a fireball, they must also understand how the energy flows, and the consequences one could expect from it's casting, alongside other smaller things. This kind of magic requires many years to even begin to utilise, and it can take months of constant research to learn a single spell in such a method. For this reason, most mages simply learn to memorise the longer forms.

Reactions: ClaireRae
Hello, if your still accepting, i would love to join. Here is my cs:

Name: Antoyito Inservane
In-game Name: Demon
Appearance: White hair, about 6 feet 5 inches tall, best known for his black clothing (clothing based off of me, just fyi)
Personality: I (I am a first person writer most of the time) am a cool guy, I am often found with a small group of people who are able to hold their own. I stick to the outskirts and don't get involved a whole lot. But when i do I am the most heroic you'll ever see from me.
Short Bio: I was bulied in school, a lot. So instead of telling someone about it, I decided that I would find my own way to be strong. I vowed that if the moment ever came to where anyone needed my help, I would be there. So when one of my friends told me that a new game had been released, I knew that I had to be a part of it. My friend is nlt much of a gamer, sk he didnt even try to get a copy. I immediately had gotten it amd make my character with my claasic features; White hair, Black trench coat and the basic weapon, a sword (I assume). This will be where i find mh strength to help those in need. This will be my reality.

No, I'm not still accepting. And for the record even if I was, that app would need more detail before I'd accept it. Guess I should probably edit "closed" into the title, huh?

And everyone else: POST GODDAMMIT. I was looking forward to posts on the IC when I woke up this morning and y'all failed me.

Ok, im sorry, i didnt notice that the application acceptance stopped. And its been some time since i last had to do a rp cs, so im a bit rusty. Sorry to bother you.

Life is currently taking a bite at me, but I'll probably have a post in by tomorrow morning. Just need to get my mind past a hair of omni and I should be fine at it, haha.

Thats fine then :P I don't mind you taking a while to post because of RL issues, though if you could get the chance, just dropping a notification about it would be appreciated :D

Tumbleweed.gif

• Love
Reactions: ClaireRae
@ClaireRae Rating my post doesn't help you. Now I know that there isnt anything stopping you posting, you just cant be bothered.

Ehmmmm? I thought you were talking to Strider, so I figured I'd let him post first. If you like me to post I can later when I have a bit more time. I didn't realize that was directed solely towards me. My apologies Ruko.

@Ruko

@Ruko Im currently in a writer's block and wishing something will come to me, Im trying hard to post soemthing good...

Nah it's directed at everyone. If you're having difficulties posting, then just say so. It's much worse to just leave it, it makes you look rude, as if you don't care. I get writers block all the time, so I understand it can happen, I just make sure I tell someone, not just disappear. I find eating chocolate helps if I've got writers block. Try that?

I think I am going to drop out. Sorry.