Sons of Ossory (Historic Fantasy RP, Interest Check)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

The Dapper Mog

Original poster
Hey, guys! I'm in the early stages of creating a literary project, probably in an anime format. More importantly, I am having a hard time getting it rolling, and I think a great means of doing something and having fun with the concept before I actually get it finished. It may also help give me some ideas. In that regard, here is the concept and pitch;

This story would primarily take place in the British Isles, as the threat of the ever growing Roman Empire looms overhead. Our protagonist would be a young man belonging to a tribe of men and women known as Berserkir, people with an apparent ability to enter a state of rage and fury that renders them mad and bloodthirsty, but makes them vicious and nigh unbeatable in battle. Our protagonist would have been taken in by a sister tribe with the same ability, but one that derives it's power from the wolf, instead of the bear.

Unlike pre-existing folklore on the Berserkers of Norse and European lore, these Berserkers can take they're rage state further into a legitimate transformation, creating a blend of the legends of Berserkers with legends of lycanthropic creatures. The young man would struggle with his inner beast while also finding his place within his adopted tribe, and waging a nearly constant war with neighboring tribes. As well as the constant threat of the Roman Empire.

Due to his nature, he is ostracized and feared by many normal people, and even seen as an outsider within his tribe. This makes him particularly susceptible during battles with other tribes. This is exacerbated by the arrival of Roman troops, moving in to conquer Britannia. We would follow him throughout his tribe's journey to combat the invaders, earn the trust of the other tribes, and learn to deal with his condition, all while their numbers dwindle from the ravages of war.

Anyway, if anyone is interested in doing a roleplay of this concept, feel free to let me know!

The PC's, (you guys) would likely be playing members of the sister tribe that took him in. Bear in mind that this tribe is nomadic, and thus most of them would have highly valuable skills, be hunters or warriors, or things of the sort. You don't need a great deal of knowledge on history or the lore to join the rp, by the way. I'll be steering it along for the most part. If you've any questions, feel free to ask.

Oooh. I kinda like. What's going to be the post expectancy and post length?

Count me interested.

As long as you can pump out a couple of paragraphs a week, I'm content. Haha I admittedly can grow impatient, but, l definitely understand.

Thank you both for your interest!

I'll add more information soon, since this rp will likely be more of a side story. I'm not sure if the main character will be in it much.

Status
Not open for further replies.