Sonic The Hedgehog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Colors was 2D and 3D on the Wii remember? The story in both versions was basically the same but told differently.

The fact that they chose Crisis City of all stages from 06 automatically makes it cheap :P It's especially a pain in the ass as 2D Sonic and if you're trying to get S ranks and all red rings, good fucking luck.
Okay? Still doesn't change that I think colors DS is the most boring game I've ever played.

I don't remember having too much trouble with crisis city XP It's one of the few levels that I like to replay every time I boot it up. Although I do remember the troll moment where the checkpoint gets blown away by the tornado in the 2D part XD

My biggest issue with generations console is the 2D sonic has gravity A BIT too high. An example is when trying to jump on a ledge, I always BARELY miss it, but if it was just like the classics, I would have gotten up there no problem. The gravity is just a bit too much for me.

only got this to say about sonic:

maxresdefault.jpg

season 3!
season 3!
season 3!

Okay? Still doesn't change that I think colors DS is the most boring game I've ever played.

I don't remember having too much trouble with crisis city XP It's one of the few levels that I like to replay every time I boot it up. Although I do remember the troll moment where the checkpoint gets blown away by the tornado in the 2D part XD

My biggest issue with generations console is the 2D sonic has gravity A BIT too high. An example is when trying to jump on a ledge, I always BARELY miss it, but if it was just like the classics, I would have gotten up there no problem. The gravity is just a bit too much for me.
That is a PAIN IN THE ASS in Crisis City since you'll be jumping on a lot of ledges! That part always pissed me off >:( Damn developers and their trolling! I haven't seen trolling like that since that barrel in 3&K XD

• Love
Reactions: Shadon Xarian
The last game I played was Sonic Adventure 2 battle. Chao Garden= Fun

The last game I played was Sonic Adventure 2 battle. Chao Garden= Fun
I got bored of the chao garden -.- Me and my friend use to compete for the greatest chao. I won of course XD But now a days I just glitch to victory by placing the chao by the pillar to use an item as many times as I want.

I know this is offensive, but if you take off the last line... it's quite amusing.

I thoroughly enjoy this.

1431513508094.png

I know this is offensive, but if you take off the last line... it's quite amusing.

I thoroughly enjoy this.

1431513508094.png

I was literally just debating the merits of making a "(Your name) The Hedgehog" thread, namely because posting the first result for my name would almost certainly make me eat a ban.

• Love
Reactions: Thornapple
jacob_the_hedgehog_by_petersanchez03-d8awgpl.png

I realized I don't have a suitable gif on my hard drive to represent utter cringe.

I'm just gonna ignore everything posted in the thread, including numerous walls of text for some reason.

Instead, just enjoy some ColdSteel;

xAEucNL.jpg

• Love
  • Nice Execution!
Reactions: Darog and Dervish
Unfortunately for everyone here you can't get much closer to winning the "(your name) the Hedgehog" game than me because as you see:

Amy_Rose_with_hammer.png

that me

I used to get Sonic the Comic every fortnight when I was a child, and I think I still have an issue up in the loft still sealed up.

While I was in Germany visiting my friends they asked me to help them find a TV that would allow them to play a Sega MegaDrive they picked up from a retro game shop (And my word, this retro game shop was the dog's bollocks! Stacks of games, boxed and unboxed, consoles, controllers, special editions etc, they had pretty much everything!) and once that was sorted, I got the console working and we then spent almost a whole weekend playing Sonic 1, 2, 3 and Knuckles. So much fun, those games took me back ^_^

I enjoyed Sonic Adventure on Dreamcast when it came out all those years ago, played it a little more recently on a download of the Playstation Network, and it was MUCH better with the camera controlled by a second analog stick which the Dreamcast was unfortunately missing. Never played any other Sonic game since, but I've always been tempted by a couple on the DS like Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, which my brother loved to pieces.

Never played any other Sonic game since, but I've always been tempted by a couple on the DS like Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, which my brother loved to pieces.
AHHH YES YOUR BROTHER IS NOT WRONG, The Dark Brotherhood was fantastic! Gameplay-wise, your mileage will vary, the turn-based combat is clearly not the Sonic-norm, but it's easy to get the hang of and pick up again after setting it down for awhile, but Brotherhood's real shining glory was in its story, it delved WAY into the whole of echidna history that we only got a glimpse of in Sonic Adventure. Really the only bad thing I can think about it is that it ended on a really bad cliffhanger, which is unfortunate since a sequel is probably not gonna happen. :Ua Such is the Good Sega Game Curse™.

AHHH YES YOUR BROTHER IS NOT WRONG, The Dark Brotherhood was fantastic! Gameplay-wise, your mileage will vary, the turn-based combat is clearly not the Sonic-norm, but it's easy to get the hang of and pick up again after setting it down for awhile, but Brotherhood's real shining glory was in its story, it delved WAY into the whole of echidna history that we only got a glimpse of in Sonic Adventure. Really the only bad thing I can think about it is that it ended on a really bad cliffhanger, which is unfortunate since a sequel is probably not gonna happen. :Ua Such is the Good Sega Game Curse™.
I didn't like chronicles XP Then again, that could be personal bias as my expectations were pretty high, and I was sick while playing it.

Let's start with the beginning. The final fortress crashed because tails removed 2 wires. You're telling me that a sky station which only a PART of it was traveled in one level of sonic heroes, was taken down by removing 2 wires -.- Lazy writing in its extreme. Given that it's bioware, i'm going to slam it even more due to expectation.

Which leads to this, even if it's story was good, the execution was terrible.

I spent a while at the first area of green hill zone, went to the first mini boss, and died. Now I know i'm not big into RPG'S, but that is NOT how it works DX you do not stay stuck in the beginning for THAT LONG. Especially in a sonic game -.- But whatever, if that's how the game wants to play, then i'll just use action replay. So from there it was more or less a cake walk so now I can experience the story. Thinking back, it wasn't that miserable. Granted I don't remember most of it, but I don't remember having a terrible time. But that doesn't mean it was pleasant either. Which leads to why I cringed most in this game.

Missed opportunity. For example, how you can delve into history like that and not include Tikal? I'm just saying I doubt that enemy was entirely honest when he was explaining the past, having Tikal there to be like "That's a lie! What REALLY happened was this" In fact, why stop there? Why not add in Tikals father Pachacamac. Maybe throw in he managed to survive and harness a bit of the master emeralds power and chaos control to that alternate dimension. And then either make him the puppet master (Which will then have a interesting talk with Tikal and him about stuffs) or he was defeated and imprisoned, and later to be rescued and then you have a power house on your team. From there, more options could have been put in. You can go the normal way, or go Pachacamac's more brutal yet strategically superior way.

This game just could have been sooooooooooooo much more. Then again though, I just really want a game that goes into more detail about the past XD I was that guy who thought Sonic lost world was going to take place either in the past, or through magic, the past came to modern times and the enemy would probably be Pachacamac. But then the trailers came out and I was vastly dissapointed that they wasted the name "Lost world" on a game like that DX (Why is the name "Lost world" so important? Because it's the same name as the Sonic adventure level where you go through the ruins)

Wow, Sonic as a whole has allot of disappointments DX

Status
Not open for further replies.