Songbirds and Quills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quill Quinn

"I'm ready to listen, there's no need
To hold it all inside
The smallest whisper, I hear it
When your strength has all but died"

Quinn smiled as she did 'Man shes cute...' Sitting next to Viridian he chuckled lightly at her nervousness. He gave her a light poke to the arm with his index finger. "Hey now stop that, I'm sure you have a beautiful voice. But it does help with composing to be able to play something. Like this..." Placing his fingers on the keys he began playing a Disney song with ease. Looking over to Viri his blue eyes were bright. "And yes, I'm sure."

After about 20 seconds Quinn stops playing and gently takes her hand, placing it on the keys. His own hands comfortably warm.
"Ready to give it a try?" He asks with a soft smile. His fingers lingering on hers.

Songbird Styxx

"Send out the signal and I'll fly low
If it means the death of me, I won't let go
And if I'm lost in the worlds shadows
I'll use the light that comes to me
From your halo"

(Halo - Starset)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Looking up from his near done sketch, Styxx caught a glimpse of Sophia running into the garden looking rather upset. He didn't know the Quill all that well, mostly cuz she wasnt his partner. But the sight of her so upset made a knot in his stomach. Despite what he may act like, he couldn't leave a girl to cry alone. Sighing softly he packs up his stuff, taking out his earbuds and jogs after her.

Crystal blue eyes scan the garden, Styxx was beginning to think she left until he spotted sneakers up in the tree. A faint grin came to his lips at the sight. 'Thats one way to get some space...' walking up to the big tree he looks up to see Sophia crying like he suspected. Not wanting to scare her he calls up gently. "Hey, you alright?!" His voice was deep and smooth like silk. He starts climbing up before she could even respond. Getting to her branch with surprising ease, he climbed like a monkey. Hoisting himself up he took a seat on the branch opposite of Sophia. His snow white hair had a twig sticking out of it.
@DANAsaur

Sophie Mckenzie
The Innocent Quill

Lost and insecure, you found me, you found me
Lyin' on the floor, surrounded, surrounded
Why'd you have to wait?, where were you? Where were you?
Just a little late
You found me, you found me

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦

Sophie was feeling guilty about storming off without hearing Viridian out. She knew what she did was rude and it could greatly affect their friendship but it was an act out of impulse. She was hurt, sad and depressed, who wouldn't act like that if someone close to your heart died all of a sudden? All Sophie can do now is hope that her roommate would understand.

As she started falling into depression, a smooth and silky voice pulled her out from the darkness she's feeling, asking her if she's alright and looked down from her tree only to see a Songbird. She had seen him around the campus before, the so called Winter Quicksilver. No wonder he's stage name greatly reflects his hair for it was white, reminding her of winter or rather, Jack Frost.

His question startled her and before she could even respond, the songbird climbed on her tree and sat on her branch, a twig on his white hair. She wanted to remove it for it somehow enhances his beauty even more but she's too afraid to touch him. Is he here to bully her? to see her cry? Sophie can't help to be afraid for she heard about how Songbirds act around quills. She wanted to stop judging him but she can't help it. She has zero experience interacting with Songbirds except her partner which she rarely talks to.

"Uhm.. I'm fine.." she lied, trying her best not to cry. She didn't want to cry right in front of him especially when she doesn't know his full intention. What if he's just acting nice and will laugh at her loss? She didn't want that to happen so she thought its best to keep her loss a secret.

Zaryá°Stãrska

• Love
Reactions: Pyralithia
ESPERANZA THOMAS
Songbird

"Ohh, appreciated

Cause it's you who somehow is always the first, to, take care of me at my worst

You are appreciated"

Esperanza chuckled humorlessly when Victoria asked about her break. "Well my mother and sister initiated the 'who's the best bitch' grammys and wanted me to hand out awards. The entire time during the break they kept having random sing offs and seeing which of them could attract the most flies. And by flies I mean guys. And my father didn't give a shit because he was too busy trying to sniff out the next big 'it' thing ever time he saw a moderately talented teenager." She vented, pushing her fork across her plate and making swirly patterns in the leftover gravy. Victoria was about the only person that Esperanza could properly vent to and she really did appreciated it, even though sometimes she felt like kicking herself for revealing so many weaknesses all at once, she knew that Victoria wouldn't repeat this stuff to anyone else.

Ceasing her intense scraping of her plate, Esperanza casually set the tray on one of automatic tray holders that constantly circled the room on it's track. When she'd first got to the school, she'd hated using those things because one had to time it perfectly to get the tray completely on the machine without having it fall.

Turning back to Victoria, she watched the other girl make music with her salad instead of eating. Esperanza bit her lip when a smart ass comment started to form, because she figured she'd teased her enough already.

"So, what do you think the song theme will be tomorrow?" She asked instead.

@White -- Chocolate

EDDIE BLAKE
Quill

"Let's make out
(Ooo-Ooo-Ooo)
Let's
make out!"

Eddie immediately slapped a hand over his mouth, his eyes wide. Sometimes he forgot that not every but was dancing outside of the closet like he was. "Sorry!" He whispered, biting his lip a bit. When Evel mentioned never telling anyone else, Eddie got a little sad, because no one should keep a secret like that for so long. Yes, he was happy that she had seen him as worthy enough to tell, but still...Knowing that she would always be in the dreaded closet made him sad. When she changed the subject, Eddie kind of wanted to argue and suggest that she get emancipated so she could live the life that she wanted but he kept those thoughts to himself.

"Oh don't worry girl, you'll get your rematch." He said grinning his eyes twinkling. Before he could ask her if she was sure she wanted that rematch cause he was in an ass kicking mood, someone sat at the end of their table and Eddie looked up to see Axel. Eddie glanced at the boys sopping wet appearance and snickered. "Hee-y, Axel, did'you fall in a lake or are you going for a new mermaid-esque look? To be honest I like it, if you want I can be the Prince Eric to your Ariel." He suggested giving the other boy a teasing smile and wiggling his eyebrows.

Sometimes Eddie felt it unfair that some guys could look super hot in any situation, even if he was soaked to the bone with rain water, it just made Axel look even more kissable...

@The Writing Owl
Consumed Rage

Last edited:
Reactions: T E R R O R
Axel
"See I know you're a good man and that's what brings a tear to my eye."

Axel sighed, there was no way his hair would be completely dry without a dryer of some sorts. In the end he just tossed away the soaked paper towels and such then used the small band he had on his wrist to tie it up in a bun. Water still dripped form his head, but it was better than making a trail of water where ever he went. After rubbing his forehead, Axel started to eat the food that he picked up when he heard a familiar voice speak up to chat with him. He listened to what he had to say while drinking the bottle of orange juice he bought before stopping and looked over to the end of the table. He bit the corner of his lip, "Mm, I don't know. I'm missing my merman tail." he said and chuckled before starting to eat again like before. "But, I wouldn't think twice about you being my prince." he said and winked then turned back to his tray.

Reactions: Mundane Monster
Songbird Styxx

"My heart's beating faster, I know what I'm after.
I've been standing here my whole life,
Everything I've seen twice, now it's time I realize
It's spinning back around now, on this road I'm crawling
Save me cause I'm falling, now I can't seem to breathe right"

(Runnin - Adam Lambert)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Styxx tilted his head slightly to the side giving her an inquisitive look. 'She doesn't trust me...Shes afraid.' Not that he blamed her. It wasn't uncommon for Songbirds to abuse their Quills. He may not be the most friendly or social person, but he never used or abused anyone, Quill or not. Now if you got on his bad side, that was another story.

Absently swinging his legs back and forth he frowns a bit. "Than those are happy tears? If so, this is one hell of a way to celebrate." He questioned, a light teasing tone to it. "We haven't really properly met. I'm Styxx." He held out his hand for her to shake. Though he didn't smile, his eyes were gentle as he waited patiently.
@DANAsaur

Sophie Mckenzie
The Innocent Quill

A city I've never been
I found a friend or should I say foe
Said there's a few things you should know
We don't want you to see, we come and we go
Here today, gone tomorrow

♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
She can hear the faint hint of teasing in his voice, making her smile faintly. It seems like the Songbird wants to be her friend but she won't allow him, not yet.

"I'm Sophie.." she introduced, looking at his hand before reaching out to it and shaking it awkwardly. She really doesn't know how to interact with them so she has no idea what to do. "Uhm.. nice to meet you Stynxx. So sorry if I stayed in your tree.." she apologized, looking at him before looking down at the ground. She didn't realize how high she have climb and now she's scared to climb down. "uhm.. I'll try to climb down.. as soon as I figure out how to.." she mumbled, her tears stopping from falling as she was too busy thinking of a way to climb down fast. She fears Stynxx will yell at her if she stayed at his tree any longer.

Awkward you, awkward me
Awkward after all this time
Quill

Evel smiled before tensing as the songbird decided to sit down at her and Eddie's table. She focused on her meal, trying not to blush at the very obvious flirting happening right under her nose. She should probably just leave the two alone. Being the third wheel was never fun, especially when one participant of said flirting scared the living shit out of you. Okay, being afraid of the songbirds was ridiculous, Evel knew that. However, it didn't stop the fact that they still intimidated her to hell and back. Finishing the food in front of her, Evel quickly stood up. "I'll see you later, Eddie." She mumbled, quickly escaping the table. The quill felt a little bad for leaving Eddie so quickly, but swiftly squashed that thought as she knew he could simply flirt with the songbird much more easily.

Deciding to head out to the garden to think, Evel adjusted her sweatshirt and started walking. It seemed to be just a peaceful day, perfect for a nice walk when two people in a tree caught her notice. Blinking, Evel recognized both her songbird and one of her baking buddies. The red head blinked as she tried to fathom why they were up in a tree together, or even how Sophie got in the tree in the first place. She wouldn't put it past the songbird to climb up a tree, but for Sophie it seemed quite odd.​

Reactions: Mundane Monster
[fieldbox=Victoria S. Hale, teal, dotted, 15]
"And I won't surrender quietly, step up and watch me BREAK DOWN
You really want it?
Wanna make a scene? Show me what you mean!"

Songbird - Reference

"So, what do you think the song theme will be tomorrow?"
Victoria easily recognized the change of subjects, but didn't make a comment on it. Esperanza's problems were ... well, wonderful wouldn't be the appropriate term to describe it, but the other girl's problems just made the other songbird a little more human, rather than the superstar most perceive her as due to her family's lengthy history of success. Besides, Victoria was confident that the other would make her own mark on the world soon, they all were, the songbirds that was. They were the ones front and center, and while the Quills did their share of the work, the pressure the songbirds received from the paperwork alone was stressful enough without having stuttering messes take up more of their time.

Taking a moment to ponder on the question, Victoria turned her head, her salad bowl musical solo long forgotten, as she did so though, her eyes landed on a few of the Quills she was more familiar with and she felt a pang of guilt seep into her heart, her rather cruel thoughts resurfacing quickly. Quickly stuffing a leaf into her mouth, Victoria concluded that not all Quills were stuttering messes, that and they were talented, but annoying. Point in case, her best buddy who stole the strawberry off her cake. Who also happened to be a Quill.

Swallowing the leaf, Victoria continued looking, watching as the redhead escaped the cafe. Biting her lip, she decided she had stared enough for one evening and turned back to Esperanza, "Uh ... Something about forgiveness maybe? You know how the Academy likes to take a piss on us sometimes," she replied, and oh ... the irony, making them all sing and write songs of forgiveness after the terrible break (for some of us - Esperanza, in particular) they suffered through. "I hope I didn't jinx it, but I'd honestly be happy with just about anything ... other than like ... Religion. Nothing against that and all, but I'm not exactly the kind of girl they'd want on stage for that particular performance." She chuckled, stabbing a leaf.

"And you? You want to come back here with some sort of big bang?" She asked, fire lighting in her eyes at the possibility of a challenge.

@Polystical

[/fieldbox]

ESPERANZA THOMAS
Songbird

"I-Am-number one

No matter if you like it

Ready take this sit down and write it"

Esperanza laughed at Victoria's theme predictions. Honestly she'd rather take religion over forgiveness any day. By nature, Esperanza just wasn't a forgiving person, and she hated having her hand forced, especially by the school. Performing a song about religion would be easy. All her Quill had to do was throw in some confusing metaphors, maybe make some verses rhyme, and ta da everything was done.

"A revenge theme would be great. Or just partying or something reckless. And of course I'm going to make a bang." She said grinning. "I always do. So watch out, Hale." Esperanza loved the idea of going head to head with Victoria. Sure she liked the girl, but that didn't mean she was going to roll over and let her win. She wasn't that type of chicken shit weak girl. Besides, she doubted the other girl would appreciate an easy win.

"That reminds me. As much as he irritates me, I need to catch up with my Quill. How about you? Are you on good terms with...What's her name...Viridian?"

@White -- Chocolate

EDDIE BLAKE
Quill

"Sha-la-la-la-la-la
Don't be scared
You got the mood prepared
Go on and kiss the girl
"

Eddie grinned at Axel and if he had long hair, he would be twirling it. In his mind he heard fish singing that stupid song where Ariel and Prince Eric were in a boat and--Ookay, that was enough Disney for him. Geez. He needed to pop out of fantasy land and--Eric glanced up sharply when Evel got up and left with only a see you later. Eddie punched himself in the head mentally for forgetting about the whole uneasiness between some Quills and Songbirds. Sure most songbirds were complete assholes, but some like Axel were wonderful human specimens.

But still, even if some were good, if the rest of the basket was shitty, it was hard to see that some were awesome. Eddie could emphasize with Evel there. When he had first come to the school, he had quite a few altercations with various songbirds and had branded the entire group as complete dickbags. But then he'd met a few nice ones and reevaluated his opinion. But still, everyone was different, and some people didn't forgive.

Eddie made a note to catch up with Evel later and apologize to her via kicking her ass in a game later.

"So, Axel," Eddie continued turning back to face the other boy. "Did you have a nice break?"

@T E R R O R

@The Writing Owl

• Love
Quill Quinn

"I'm ready to listen, there's no need
To hold it all inside
The smallest whisper, I hear it
When your strength has all but died"

Quinn smiled as she did 'Man shes cute...' Sitting next to Viridian he chuckled lightly at her nervousness. He gave her a light poke to the arm with his index finger. "Hey now stop that, I'm sure you have a beautiful voice. But it does help with composing to be able to play something. Like this..." Placing his fingers on the keys he began playing a Disney song with ease. Looking over to Viri his blue eyes were bright. "And yes, I'm sure."

After about 20 seconds Quinn stops playing and gently takes her hand, placing it on the keys. His own hands comfortably warm.
"Ready to give it a try?" He asks with a soft smile. His fingers lingering on hers.
"Say my name
Say my name
When no one is around you
Say baby I love you
If you ain't running game"

Viridian blushed deeply the moment that Quinn placed his hands over hers. How was she supposed to concentrate when he was touching her like that? Not to mention, she had no idea what he had just played, since all she had been focusing on was the beautiful music and Quinn's close proximity to her. "I- I'll do my b-best..." She stuttered, trying to take a deep breath and focus on the keys. Thankfully she had a pretty good memory, so combined with Quinn's guiding hands, she was able to get the first 20-30 seconds of the song down in only a few minutes or so.

"I can't believe I'm finally learning how to play piano." She said a bit wistfully, staring down at her hands held in her lap. "It's just that there isn't a piano at the or- at the place where I was raised, and I always wanted to learn to play." Viridian finally raised her head and managed to smile at Quinn without making a fool of herself. "Thank you again for offering to teach me."

QUILL
Chang-Jo Ahn

Today I don't feel
like doing anything
I just wanna lay in my bed~​

Chang-Jo would lay on his bed after he had dressed up himself but too lazy to actually get out of his room. His eyes had little bags beneath them as he was practically up almost the whole night. He would let the music play in his ears, the favourite group he would listen to whenever he had the chance: CN Blue. Tapping his finger on his bed at the rhythm of it, making a smile appear on his lips almost immediately.

However, he knew that he needed to get up which he did. Slowly pushing himself up so he was sitting straight up on his bed. Stretching his legs and arms, hearing a cracking sound because of it and stood up. He walked towards toward the door and went to the hallway. Whistling sometimes whenever there was a part that he memorized. If only he could write an awesome song for a famous band, it would have already boosted up his self-esteem. Honestly, if only that kind of opportunity would come to him, it would already help such a great deal.[/hr]

• Love
Axel
"My dear we're slow dancing in a burning room."

He smiled up at Eddie who facial expressions showed similarity to a school girl who had someone flirt with them for the first time and with that thought, Axel smirked a bit. He then watched as the girl who was previously talking to Eddie walk off, which made Axel sigh. He really didn't like how everyone was basically split into two groups; Quills and Song Birds. Though this was true, it didn't seem like the two guys cared about it at this moment because it was stupid to even do such a thing. Some people treated their Quills like shit and others, like Axel, treated them as if they were his own blood siblings unless they were ass holes or jerks for some reason. As for Eddie, he knew all to well about this guy and how he had...quite a bit of a flirting reputation. Axel actually wanted to go with him before, but because he flirted a lot he didn't think it was such a wise idea, probably because he was afraid that he'd get cheated on. With those last few thoughts drifting through his mind, Axel had finished up his food and tossed it away in the trashcan then sat back down in his seat and took a sip from the bottle of orange juice he bought. "Mm, it was alright. Hung out in California for the whole holiday, I actually just got back around mm....two in the morning?" he told him. He looked up at Eddie, "Enough about me, what about you Mr. Flirt?" he asked him raising an eyebrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.